Search found 451 matches

Return

Re: Club Financials

Still need supporters and members as if you dont have those then you are gone. 3k members at an average say of $60 is 180k . I think most clubs would take that .
Centrals would be lucky to have 2,000 members.

They all left with the pied piper?
we've never had a large membership, even when we were churning out flags.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Tim wants to play under Roy & FULLY understands his obligations, he wants to have a red hot crack at getting back into playing good footy at a top level.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

he's just ticketyboo :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

Groucho wrote:You must admit it wasn't good and there wasn't anything positive to be taken out of it.

well that's bloody obvious BUT you don't have to be so constantly negative!
by gazzamagoo
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

TDJ44 wrote:
Groucho wrote:Certain 2 points next game.

Do you mean we'll win or 2 points in the 2nd qtr

Win of course!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Glenelg

Dutchy wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:Last win was 2008 IIRC.

Yep SLSP v.1 kicked four in the first qtr and the Mouse had a Michael Aish type run in the 3rd (four bounces) but kicked the goal IIRC....

this happened also -

Furthermore, We won the flag.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg v Central District

What is going on up there at Elizabeth. I still think of the Doggies that were unbeatable last decade. Such a large area to get juniors through. Not good to see for the SANFL .
Our recruiting zones were crap from 2010 to 2017, has been adjusted now, should see better local recruiting in the next few years. We have 5 or 6 players who any club would take, the rest are fringe league players at the moment. We need this squad to stick together for a few years BUT that doesn't happen anymore, there's no loyalty & too many sooks who have no intestinal fortitude these days.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Any early guesses as to who will take over. Believe he isn't full time so unless the club changes that i can't see anyone from within the AFL system taking it. All the "locals" will say Gowans twins or Platten but in my opinion is 0% chance of happening and would be a terrible appointment. Ex players in the coaching system that stand out would be Guerra and Thomas (but $$ will be an issue), Scott Dutschke coaching Freeling, Matt Slade coaching North Adel womens team. Personally i think it should be an outsider
Not all the "locals"' will say that, certainly no more than anyone else.

Lessons long learned from other clubs, and from within, that playing legends don't necessarily make the best coaches (North folk might care to back me up there), and that lesser known players can make very good coaches and leaders.

Besides recent history, Alan Stewart got the Club to our first Grand Final in the '90s. By contrast Gary Window, a Magarey Medallist, coached the club to its last spoon 18 years earlier.
my rumour is that Guerra has already been approached.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Roy Laird on an unbelievable run, the SANFL will be much poorer without him.

Would love to see him employed by the SANFL in some aspect, he would sort out those that are a cancer to the league in no time.

Cancer, really! A hideous disease that effects us all and should never be spoken about out of context. Appalling, over-dramatic :(
would the word "hemmorhoids" be more appropriate? :D ;)
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The advert on TV last night, "Watch all the local footy action this weekend in the AFL's state leagues,
bit by bit, slowly but surely, they're eroding any relevance we have. :evil: :evil:
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Lairdy for providing what will remain some of my greatest lifelong memories. The era from 2000-2012 as a 17-29 year old was such a special period for more than just the wins but the comradery, mateship, parties, highs, lows, pre grand final nerves etc that will live on until eternity.

The way this has been handled right to the end speak volumes of both Lairdy and the club. The writing was on the wall but there still has to be a place in football for loyalty/honour and sentiment and both parties have shown this.

I hope the club makes a massive deal about Lairdys last game. I would be the first their if they were to throw an 'after party' style event to celebrate Lairds achievements and longevity which I don't believe will ever happen again. Maybe bring back some of the players he coached etc.

Sadly as others have mentioned I believe we have not only lost a Centrals legend but arguably one of the last SANFL voices.

Its been a pleasure!
yep, a huge party, with all the past players and officials of Roy's time invited.
And just as a big F##K YOU to the SANFL & AFL, we'll forfeit the match that day!! :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

I did regret posting it & I deleted it, plus I've sent Mr. Groucho a message elsewhere.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

I keep saying this BUT..................we MUST keep this group together, there are some real future guns amongst them, together with a couple of kpp recruited I think they can go a long way in the next couple of years.
Trouble is, the new coach will receive the accolades. :(
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Trader wrote:And given our girls only need to draw this match to retain the ashes, you'd think we'd be happy to bat and bat and bat. England are the ones who need the game moving forward, not us.

Can't stand it being called The Ashes.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Crows

For sure . Id also like to see suburban ground finals. It would have a much better atmosphere than AO and look much better on TV.

I like it but where would the Crows play? If they have the right to host. I would also think somehow Port hosting at Alberton would turn in to a massive whinge, and not about pie shortage.
not our problem, we didn't want them in the SANFL in the first place.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

2,600.....should have been 6-7,000 min. for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.
Poorly promoted by the club?
I reckon half of South Australia knew it was Roy's last game,
all the promotion in the world wouldn't have worked,
the air of apathy toward the SANFL out north is huge,
the majority are fed up with the way the SANFL is run now, they've been turned off & now have other interests,
combine this with the fact that Roy wasn't even going to be there made it very difficult.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Yeah a bit LM, especially as our other batsmen didn't dominate him in the Third test. If we had have made 450 and he went for plenty it might be different.

I also wondered whether they might put Smith at 5, but then that might be an admission of this.

FWIW, Smith in for Wade and shuffle Marnus and Head down a spot
Yeah, I like Head at 6.
I don't care what time of the day :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Heard many good things about Tyson Goldsack from his time at Collingwood.

But can he coach!
by gazzamagoo
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

You're all trippin if you don't think a Showdown Grand Final isn't the best thing for the competition. ;)

-The SANFL will get maximum exposure in the local media
-The masses will come and it will be the first SANFL GF sell out of AO since the return to the oval
-it will provide the two AFL clubs with momentum heading into the next season which can only be good for football in SA.
-It will be the first GF of the two SA powerhouse rivals.
-It will motivate the original SANFL to strive for better
-All amateur footballers will want to be a part of the SANFL comp to take on the pros.

Im bloody really excited!!
yay, a wank-fest
by gazzamagoo
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

[quote="mots02"]Port Adelaide FC chairman David Koch says it will be “bittersweet” to line up against “good Port boys” Luke Partington and Luke Reynolds when the club takes on Glenelg in the SANFL grand final.
Kochie told FIVEaa Breakfast on Monday:

[i]“How good is it going to be! It is one of the great clashes. "Both clubs haven’t won a flag for over 20 years so it will be really historic for both."

Didn't Port win a flag in 2004?
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Centrals now very close to naming its new coach, possibly today.
The frontrunner isn't an ex Dog, he's from interstate. Stay tuned folks........................

Would love a coach from interstate with no preconcieved ideas etc. Would be a great move imo.
If it's who I think it is, he has a long history of coaching/assistant coaching, his resume' is very good.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

UK Fan wrote:Abe Davis to Norwood if he stops pissing off Jace Bode.

Tyson Goldsack being offered a bucketload by the leggies also

sounds like Wolf Blass has got HIS big gold sack out again :D
by gazzamagoo
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VALE PARK wrote:Looks like Norwood starting to sign tall forwards?

Hoskin ain't going anywhere.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Yep.

He is an assistant/development coach there.

I could be wrong

But he was at CIBO on the Parade.

IF he's gonna coach Centrals, why would he be on The Parade.

It's the hub of football in this town.

Some bloke called Centurion put me onto it.

Legend of a bloke too.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southee wrote:Abe Davis now a double blue

from what I've recently heard about him & his recent trip to Bali (allegedly), why would ANY club want him!!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very interesting stuff, I'm definitely not naming any players but it's interesting to hear some of the players' names that are considering returning to Centrals, some recently left, some a few year's ago.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

A few ins for Glenelg - Curtis McCarthy (returned/Geelong VFL/St Josephs) & Tom Condon (Sturt)

Any of the Sturt guys on here be able to shed some info on Tom Condon?

He's a rubbery type of player, clean out of the pack/et, starts small but grows tall as the game goes on, tends to get discarded after he's done his job though. Overall he's a safe purchase.

When he's not on, can create trouble.
the first thing he said to his new teammates was Hi Men
by gazzamagoo
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Verrrrrrrrrry interesting...........................Douglas negotiating to play SANFL but not Norwood or Glenelg.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back to the topic . It seems this year has been one of the busiest off seasons for clubs with a lot of ins and outs . Seems quite high on comparison to other years.
For some clubs yes they have been busy.
So far only 4 recruits for dogs and missed Jack Hannath.
Are we likely to recruit anyone else
Yes, a big lad from up north, won't join us until the season up there is over in Feb, about 193cms & 95 kgs,
by gazzamagoo
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Very interesting stuff, I'm definitely not naming any players but it's interesting to hear some of the players' names that are considering returning to Centrals, some recently left, some a few year's ago.

Milne back
Butcher back
Boyd back
Hanna back
that's a good start!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

Blame game, adjust to the current landscape. So again what is the club doing to reconnect with its lost members? Cmon champ this is a line of questioning you're all too familiar with.
new coach,
new board members,
probably new CEO mid next season,
we now have a lady on the board, a voice for the female footy players,
I know it's not much yet but it's a start.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finance Troubles

I think you're half right Brett. When we were winning, everyone wanted a piece of the action, at the GF after parties there were hundreds of people there that I'd never seen before, most of the people there wouldn't have been members either. As soon as the premierships dried up, the glory seekers disappeared but they'll slink back in when & if we start being successful again, this is the same with every club!
The good news is we will be debt-free in 2021, we're doing things outside of footy to make more money & will be able to do more things once the debt has gone.
There is an air of positivity about the club which happens with change, a new coach & some good recruits will do that.
The good news is I think we've come through our toughest era since the very early days & we haven't "won" a spoon.
All clubs apart from the Eagles that we have met in a GF since 2000 HAVE hit rock bottom & won a spoon & I think this shows just how tough & resilient my club is.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any thoughts on Kennedy from Panther fans? Is he a mid, tall etc..?

3rd SANFL club in as many years????

North, South and now Central.

I reckon it is 3rd club in 4 years.

2017 at North Adelaide - Reserves
2018 at Pooraka FC - Division 4 SAAFL
2019 at South Adelaide - Reserves + 2 x League games
2020 at Central District - Will be a depth player IMHO
and we sure do need some depth.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have definitely recruited well in numbers but will be interesting to see what sort of quality.

The last two recruits the South bloke and the NTFL Thunder guy have played alot more ressies than league football which doesnt stack up greatly to being a successful SANFL league player.

I'm optimistic but very cautious.
but we really need the depth.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have definitely recruited well in numbers but will be interesting to see what sort of quality.

The last two recruits the South bloke and the NTFL Thunder guy have played alot more ressies than league football which doesnt stack up greatly to being a successful SANFL league player.

I'm optimistic but very cautious.
but we really need the depth.

Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth

I think our depth is fine... lots of guys who can play a reasonable role at league level.

Our issue is lack of elite players who can significantly impact on a game. Daniel Menzel is one such player, takes us to 5.... still short by two or three.
Menzel, Menzel, Hoskin, Boyd, Schiller, Schiller,
I reckon Presbury will step up now as well, we're getting there.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 favorites

I know every supporter this time of year has a level of hope for the coming season(s), but I reckon Dogs fans would have to be more optimistic at the moment than they have been for several years? New coach seems to be pushing a good message and a new direction, style, call it what you like must be exciting for Dogs fans.
Time will tell, my esky-stealing friend.
I do like the recruits though, a distinct emphasis on speed & getting the ball up to the forwards quickly,
seems to be a push toward a more attacking, faster style of play.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
DOC wrote:
BI7b0NWCQAAhivq.jpg

Nice one Centurion!

How laughable is it Gaz to look back and think we nearly got locked up because of that basic banner!

I loved the apologies all round from WESLO, The Club & the cops the following week though!
by gazzamagoo
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ambassadors

whufc wrote:Yes Centrals have Delta Goodrem, Darren Lehman, Greg Blewett, Ryan Harris, Swanny :D

AND ERIC BANNER!!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Womens comp has been fantastic and is being brilliant supported albeit free entrances.

If nothing else im glad my 3 girls now have further options/passions/sport involvement they can look at as they grow older.
Bingo, that right there.
12 years ago when my eldest went on to play seniors there were a fair few older & past players who had only daughters, they used to have a beer with us & tell me how lucky I was to be able to see my two play footy & they were stuck with a lifetime of netball & soccer clubs. Once the ammys picked up on the girls teams Fitzroy started up a couple of junior girls teams, these were players daughters who literally dragged out their netball & soccer mates to play. After a couple of years they made & won a u15s flag, these blokes who always came out & encouraged my son were in tears, they were so proud & delighted that they could experience a footy premiership with their girls, even if it was a junior c grade or whatever .
They need a goal to go for & the AFLW is just that.

Bingo. That was me last year.

So I think we can all agree its only people that have family members involved that have any interest in womens football.
and perverts
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what's the hoo-haa, if you don't like it, don't watch it, I attempted to watch 2 games over the weekend, I turned them off,
simples.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Been a great recruit Goodrem. When he first arrived it was a pretty tough team to break into and word around the traps was likely he wouldn’t be around for long. Even though it’s not my club, always gotta admire recruits that buy in and stick around a long time.
And now his mum works for the club too!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

southernbulldog wrote:Hopefully the season goes ahead i fear we might find the end of some clubs
with no patronage at games it maybe hard for a few to survive .

Extremely important to become a member now.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

People are talking about the need to have something uplifting to focus on with all this doom and gloom associated with COVID-19, especially with the imminent prospect of no live footy to watch for the foreseeable future.

I can think of no better panacea for everyone than watching this game over and over again!!
I prefer the 2008 GF :D
by gazzamagoo
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

tigerpie wrote:The boffins are saying to up your zinc intake.
Beer has plenty!

so does jizz, but i ain't drinking it.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Will be couple of mergers next year in both SANFL and AFL I think.

Crows and Port merging, that will be fun :D ;)

Then it will be the team for all South Australians lol.

no it won't, I follow neither
by gazzamagoo
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back on topic, I had a driveway meeting with a CDFC board member yesterday,
Our club will be much better off NOT playing this year & I think that's probably what ALL clubs will be hoping for now.
Centrals is debt-free from next year, we should be able to bunker down & hang on until then.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumors the Magpies will not exist next year are gaining momentum. Looks increasingly likely there won't be a side from the PAFC in the SANFL. :(

Wouldn't that mean a 9 team competition (provided the Crows Reserves stay in) which means 1 team will have bye each round.
Lose the crows,
8 team comp
play each other 3 times
final 4
LOVE IT!
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:Morning Ralph, will Sam be in today?

I get it, great cartoon
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 preliminary final

Central v Port 1994 Qualifying final was even at the end of the game, so extra time was played & Port ended up winning by a couple of goals.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |