Search found 456 matches

Return

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

Positives,
we didn't give in, even with the injuries we still kicked 12 goals & now have a young, fit forward who can kick goals.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Eagles v South Saturday 2.10PM

Wiggles by 4 points,
Menzel (T) to kick the winning goal after the siren.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 07, 2021 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

At this point in time, that looks like the only way we'll score goals, running in to an open one.
We DESPERATELY need........
another ruckman, the ruckman in the reserves is shorter than Marsh!
2 blokes over 6 foot 4 that can, if not mark the ball, keep it in the area.
Again we had more inside 50's but no-one to take the grab, it goes out as quick as it comes in.
These are the goals in the off-season, we get plenty of the ball but struggle to convert.

Sadly they should have been the goals for the last 5 years. I cannot fathom how we haven’t solved that problem that is so obvious to every supporter.
I'll give you an idea as to why.
I was talking to one of the Norwood players back in the club after the match (BTW, thank you Norwood for ALL of your players coming back for presentations), he is/was a Central supporter, dad played for us, his reason for not wanting to play for us?
"Can't be stuffed travelling all that way for training & playing",
and that's a HUGE problem we now have, I know it never used to be a problem in the early 2000's, but kids have changed, times have changed.
And, apart from the brief successful period we had, it was a problem before that for years as well.
We need to dangle a much larger carrot but we need money & resources to do that.
The changing of the guard at the end of this season might be a step in the right direction, who knows & only time will tell.
by gazzamagoo
Sun May 09, 2021 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll give you an idea as to why.
I was talking to one of the Norwood players back in the club after the match (BTW, thank you Norwood for ALL of your players coming back for presentations), he is/was a Central supporter, dad played for us, his reason for not wanting to play for us?
"Can't be stuffed travelling all that way for training & playing",
and that's a HUGE problem we now have, I know it never used to be a problem in the early 2000's, but kids have changed, times have changed.
And, apart from the brief successful period we had, it was a problem before that for years as well.
We need to dangle a much larger carrot but we need money & resources to do that.
The changing of the guard at the end of this season might be a step in the right direction, who knows & only time will tell.

Id be going and having a chat with South, they have faced the same issue but have taken a long term approach to turn their club and zone around, they now attract players and their junior program is the best going around, they have engaged heavily with their local clubs/leagues. A lot of this stuff didn't cost $'s or extra resources, it was just some very smart planning and strategy. Obviously they haven't achieved the ultimate success yet but you get the feeling they aren't far away.

Or go and get Tony Bamford
But he didn't play for Central so they won't want him or "send him packing after a year because he wanted to change things."
don't comment when you don't know the full story.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

"supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the chips are down.
I don't get it.
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The Bedge wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:"supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the chips are down.
I don't get it.

What about "supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the going is good!

I ran into Groucho on Saturday! :D
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

probably out of frustration,
he's our best player, has been for a while but gets sent forward, back, forward, filling the holes.
We all knew when he did it he'd be going on holiday.
Not what we need at all.
FFS
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I walked in to a business on Saturday morning, cops were handing out fines left, right & centre to people not checking in.
FFS, what's the big deal about checking in! It's vital in tracing people and stopping potential outbreaks & then lockdowns!
by gazzamagoo
Wed May 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I walked in to a business on Saturday morning, cops were handing out fines left, right & centre to people not checking in.
FFS, what's the big deal about checking in! It's vital in tracing people and stopping potential outbreaks & then lockdowns!

How much was your fine?
Not me, I'm a good boy
by gazzamagoo
Wed May 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adjacent country zone cant make up for the issues the major metro catchment is facing. Call the reasons what you want, but without any acknowledgement, comments on the matter such as "excuses" are just petty snipes. You cant compare the massive advantage some metro clubs have to Centrals zone. There is no comparison with junior clubs such as Smosh, Payneham, Unley, Glenunga, PHOS, MItcham, Goodwood, Henley etc.. with not only money, numbers and resources, but the main issue is just the social adhesion they enjoy.

Half of Glenunga footy club (which has over 800 juniors all paying $300 plus subs not to mention weekly takings over the bar) attend the Adelaide elite schools, all with their own footy program. A junior club easily taking a lazy half a mill each year, bursting at the seams with volunteers, ex AFL players etc... Good on them, they are well run and are very inviting places to belong to, I personally love a beer and a chat at the club and have coached etc.. but the challenges that Centrals is facing in its metro zone have to be acknowledged without being called an excuse.

So you have all of the Salisbury clubs, Elizabeth, Eastern Park, Golden Grove, plus all of the Gawler and Barossa clubs (which we are regularly told is the strongest comp in the state)

Aren't the zones based evenly upon participation rates? So Centrals have just as many kids in their zone as every other club. Therefore it is as even as you could hope for, the rest comes down to how much effort and energy the club puts into their zone. How many times does the club go to the Barossa and engage with the clubs there?

^^^^^^^This

In my experience the amount of work the Eagles has put into the Mid North area appears to be a lot more than anything I ever saw Centrals put into the metro area (I cant speak of what they did in the Barossa)

One of the biggest achievements was a collaboration between the Clare High School and Eagles Football Club to include a footy program as part of the curriculum at Clare High beginning this year. The program is ope to both males and females and will no doubt develop some quality footballers/football people.

Interestingly it was an ex Centrals player who has led the development of the program with the WWT in Nick Prokopec. Another player who is also a mentor of the program is ex Dog and AFL footballer Daniel Schell.
Plus they have Brian Haraida working for them.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 14, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

"supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the chips are down.
I don't get it.

This is really upsetting you gazza….. :D

BTW I think im more of a follower these days rather than supporter as I don't make it to many if any games due to distance and own footy/sport. Unless watching on digital pass and cheering counts as a supporter. :lol:
of course it does!
You're supporting, are you a member too?

For the first time in 22 years I’m not a member. Getting a mortgage and losing work last year from covid meant this year we have had to cut on luxury items for the ‘in case’ factor. Yeah I know it makes me a shit fan but family first this year.

Will be back on board next year.
Definitely not having a dig at you, but this is just another problem we face, times out north have been very tough & we don't have many members at the moment, combine this with poor on-field performances & difficulty in getting recruits & it makes for tough times.
But We are a club & We will go on.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

Does anyone have any news on Coff & Hill?
Two big blokes who could be rather valuable right now.
A previous Bulldog legend spent the weekend in Victoria on the hunt for some big blokes, stay tuned.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Dogs 12.13(85)
Shite. 11.9(75)

UUUUUU DDDDOOGGSSSSSS!!!

Sturt lacked spine. Same as Kirkwood.
You’ve posted a lot of crap on this site in the 16 years, that’s arguably your worst

He wouldn't know, doesn't follow the SANFL or his old club any more, not since his little poster stunt failed.
"His" little poster stunt certainly hasn't failed, If you're referring to Eric,
I think the banner highlighted the issue at hand to a lot of people who would have just let it go through to the keeper, if not highlighted.
It's strange that Port supporters think that the NAITS issue is a lot of crap & a waste of time, yet every other supporter doesn't.
by gazzamagoo
Sun May 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

More positives from yesterday's match,
we won at Unley, first time for 7 years,
we didn't capitulate in the last quarter, as Sturt piled on the pressure,
we had more inside 50's again,
The 'Dogs side isn't a great side at all but they are very fit & play for each other,
there's a real bond between the boys & they like the coach,
players that weren't given a real go under the previous coach, are now playing league & starting to gain confidence & believe in themselves,
if we can keep them all together, this side, with 3 or 4 key position recruits, will be a very good side in a couple of years.
by gazzamagoo
Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

The loss isn't so much that Coff left more that we may have wasted a transfer fee that you would have hoped ended up to be used better.

You also get burnt by the fact you may have thought you had enough tall forward depth and now have lost that will little time to replace.
Wait until the mid-season farce, I mean draft!
A lot of clubs will be in far worse situations methinks.

Yeah absolutely, we should breeze through that :D :D

Might become premiership favs by the end of it :)
Do a Bradbury! :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 25, 2021 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 South v Centrals Saturday 1410

whufc wrote:Didn’t get to see it but it sounds like a pretty good effort against a really good side

Hopefully that continued effort will see a few W’s before the season is out.

It seems like we're on the right track,
hopefully we crack 3 or 4 more wins this season, can't see why not.
Onward & upward.
by gazzamagoo
Sun May 30, 2021 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thebeefbayonet
by gazzamagoo
Sun May 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Norwood v Glenelg Sunday 1410

Lawks-a-lordy, a very impressive effort by the Bays to drag themselves back into the match from nowhere and jag the win. One for the record-keepers, perhaps - I'm thinking of comebacks at half time by the Bays (or anyone for that matter) to win at the Parade?

Interested to see how we shape up against the Bays on the Queen's Birthday.
I seem to remember The 'Dogs doing it back in the 70's, about 7 goals down at 1/2 time at The Parade & getting up to win.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Comments from Central supporters are becoming to factual and focusing on the game. I miss the cutting edge comments from Groucho like the placement of the major sponsor on the guernsey. There should be a push to get him back with real issues that matter. :)
Groucho's in a better place now, he has a lady in his life & he's a happier man.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Eagles supporter I work with went to the match & said Lonergan belted a Centrals player off the ball & a few tried getting even with him for the rest of the match.

Doesn't excuse Hoskin.
With our limited amount of quality players at the moment, it was a dumb thing to do.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Typical act of a struggling, undisciplined scrubber club.
The glory days for CDFC are well and truly over
We weren't getting personal but you've just shown your true colours.
We've won 9 grand finals and appeared in 14 since our entry into the SANFL in 1964, that's a bloody good record mate, much better than your side's.
And don't forget one of the records we hold,
the biggest winning margin in a SANFL grand final,
do you remember that one?
Or shall we refresh your memory.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Typical act of a struggling, undisciplined scrubber club.
The glory days for CDFC are well and truly over
We weren't getting personal but you've just shown your true colours.
We've won 9 grand finals and appeared in 14 since our entry into the SANFL in 1964, that's a bloody good record mate, much better than your side's.
And don't forget one of the records we hold,
the biggest winning margin in a SANFL grand final,
do you remember that one?
Or shall we refresh your memory.

Agree most fans knew after a dynasty there was going to be a tough period, its happened to almost every team that has had that sort of success thinking west indies cricket, Chicago bulls post Jordan, Manchester United post Alex Ferguson, Australian Cricket post McGrath and Warne.

Even initially we didn't completely fall away, made finals in 2011, 2012 IIRC and then made a prelim which we lost to West in 2015. Its really only be the last 5 years that we have lost our way.

It's definitely starting to get very frustrating and yes at times its hard to see when we will be serious contenders again but absolutely proud of what the club achieved a feat which I believe we will not see for another 100 years if ever again in any Australian professional/semi professional sport.

2022 promises to be very exciting,
a debt free club, new CEO and maybe a new president.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

whybother wrote:I notice that the draft manipulation Goldsack is named for the AFL reserves......without playing one PA AFL senior game?

that's because he isn't good enough.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Port Douglas in 27 days from now,
Daintree tour, Kuranda train tour, The Reef day trip,
Staying at the Pullman Sea Temple, can't wait to just walk out the door & fall into the pool.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Staying at the Pullman Sea Temple, can't wait to just walk out the door & fall into the pool.
Nice! It's a great place to go, I went there as a part of my Honeymoon for 7 nights back in late April/early May. We stayed at the Pool Resort and had a swim out apartment right in front of their pool.
We did the things you mentioned, the Reef tour was a massive highlight.
Other things I'd recommend-
Hartleys Crocodile Farm
Jimmy Rums Cocktail Bar
Hemingway's Brewery
Going up North to Cape Tribulation
Watergate Restaurant
Rattle and Hum Pub
Yep, swim out apartment, can't wait.
Thanks for the recommendations, always looking for a good bar & brewery.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best time of year to head up there, check out Palm Cove also, expensive but absolute paradise
Yep, staying in Mantra Amphora in Palm Cove for 4 nights, then on to Pullman Sea Temple in Port Douglas.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MRP News & Discussions

Brucetiki wrote:Hoskin’s suspension downgraded to 2 weeks.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/round- ... w-panel-2/

Excellent, back in time for the finals.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Or play the whole round in country venues.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Sad news, the last of the locally made West End kegs roll off the production line at Thebarton today. Brewing there for 160 years comes to an end.

In ever sadder news the makers have said the new plant will make them taste exactly the same as they do now .
Not interested in capturing market share then..... Not everyone likes beer that is supposed to taste like fruit. **** if ya want fruit just eat fruit
Don’t know of many that like beer that tastes like WED.
I'd rather drink Draught than Craft!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad news, the last of the locally made West End kegs roll off the production line at Thebarton today. Brewing there for 160 years comes to an end.

In ever sadder news the makers have said the new plant will make them taste exactly the same as they do now .
Not interested in capturing market share then..... Not everyone likes beer that is supposed to taste like fruit. **** if ya want fruit just eat fruit
Couldn't agree more,
I've invented a new slogan,
DRINK DRAUGHT NOT CRAFT!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it's served up by some bloke with a man bun, it's craft & tastes like passiona mated with a nasturtium.
I demand WED, Caaaaaaaarlton Draught from the tap, VB and my favourite, Southwark Bitter.
I love the "romance" of boutique breweries but deary me, the jizz they put in some of these fandangled new aged frothies is amazing!
I go to Robe every Xmas for 10 days & I've made the brave decision to NOT go to the Robe Brewery anymore, out of 27 beers there's MAYBE 2 I'd buy in a pub to drink.
FFS, they even make a beer out of fu**ing WHALE SNOT!!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And who puts citrus in Beer!!
When, which is very rare, I have a Corona, I get pissed off when the man bun man puts a wedge of lime in it, why only Corona?
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:I know its a mile off but saw your u13's tonight and they are a very slick unit

any tall kids? :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals vs West

Must win if we have genuinely improved under Thommo.
I think we've already improved mentally in leaps & bounds, the players are now happy to play in the league side & the camaradery between the players is much stronger, they want to play for & with each other * & bust their collective guts' each week. Eventually improvement on the win/loss front will come, it always does. A few select recruits will make a huge difference as well. The club is now in an excellent financial position, probably better than most other SANFL clubs, we're heading in the right direction.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals vs West

Peter Griffen wrote:Nice recruiting West. Gillard is from their zone :roll:

It happens to all clubs.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now it's in an aged care facility we'll know a lot more.
IF old people don't die like last year, then it seems that this Delta strain is nowhere near as deadly but still very contagious.
IF that's the case then we need to accept that it's just a bad flu & open everything up and accept it.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Border is open!
FNQ here I come!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Border is open!
FNQ here I come!

For how long though that’s the problem?

I really don't care if I get stuck in Port Douglas.
Fly out Tuesday!! :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 North v Centrals Saturday 1410.

We've kicked 119.127.
Average/match 9.16.
If we can rectify this glaring problem , we will win a LOT more games.
Turn 9.16 into 13.12 & you're winning more than you're losing these days.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mots02 wrote:
DOC wrote:Doing?

I didn't realise tagging the train station was one of the new olympic sports

I'm from Salisbury but that made me laugh.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3/10

FAIL!
Time to spend money.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 Centrals v South Sat 2.10

On what weve seen no they havent learnt anything Which suggests either his message isnt getting through or the players are incapable of following instructions or they dont care enough.I guess thats part of the problem when we lack talent .
It's very simple, we don't have enough quality players.
Time to get out the brown paper bags methinks.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.
A new pokies venue out of Main North Road has been approved too.
I've been at the board for a few years now to invest money into other avenues, met with very negative responses so far BUT that might all change now.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.
I've been at the board for a few years now to invest money into other avenues, met with very negative responses so far BUT that might all change now.

Centurion?
now wouldn't THAT be fun!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Point Turton charter boat fishing on Saturday, dropped anchor at 8am, bagged out with 60 King George Whiting by 9.15am.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Appears we didn’t go out to the market which is a bit surprising but very happy to land Edwards

Love that he has jumped across at first opportunity, obviously has a mission to complete here.

We have been negotiating with him for a while now, Kris wasn't going to officially announce his retirement until Greg was 100% committed, so it appears like a sudden move but it wasn't.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Centurion?
now wouldn't THAT be fun!

Bring back the Gummy Bears!
And drinking bottles of red on the terraces!
And one-on-ones with fiddy cent! :D
by gazzamagoo
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 Central v Adelaide Sat 1410

[quote="UK Fan"]https://cdfc.com.au/news/league-round-18-team-selection-2/

Out: Hoskin East (inj)

In: T.Schiller(rec) Dew Lange Patterson EDWARDS :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that Laird has had a couple of years off I wonder if him returning recharged would be an idea. You don't win that many premierships and have nothing to offer.
I've spoken to a board member recently, about getting Roy back to the club, maybe as the President.
If not that role, some other role maybe, having him back at the club I think is imperative.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |