Search found 456 matches

Return

Re: 9 teams

It could be happening a bit sooner than we thought. All about borders closing.More likey 8 and not 9 teams

The SANFL comp in future will be totally different. Will more than likely be an 8 team comp, will be no teams from Port or Crows.

Potentially could even be a 6 team comp (think Centrals and West in serious trouble).

Will be no Reserves comp, will have an Under 18 comp with six over aged players allowed.

Doubt will be any games played in 2020.
Central needs money BUT we're not going to fold.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

LMA wrote:If you Centrals chumps put as much effort into raising money for your own club rather than obsessing over Port you wouldn't be rattling tins.

but we love giving you lot shit! :D
Just returning the love lol :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you Centrals chumps put as much effort into raising money for your own club rather than obsessing over Port you wouldn't be rattling tins.

Taking advice on how to save your club from a Port fan. Seriously any mirrors at Alberton.

What’s next people from Wuhan telling us how to run the Central Markets

I have a better plan for us Centrals fans moving forward. Let’s raise money for our club whilst continuing to laugh at PAFCs demise.

Clearly an observation not advice. I couldn't give a toss about your club and it's red dirt, bull ant infested surrounds.
lol, as opposed to the possible tumble weed, bulldust infested outer at Alberton. :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Whats the point if spectators cant attend

SANFL are seeing this as an opportunity to get back before other major sports, and the opportunities that might come with that. Broadcasting would be an interesting conversation if SANFL starts playing a few weeks before AFL.

What opportunities?
sports-starved people will watch the SANFL because nothing else is on, might get some rejuvenated interest in the comp, or some new interest. There's the most obvious opportunity.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Brett wrote:Any news on the Dogs fundraising effort.Last we heard was 50k.

$60,600 Brett.

That is another 10k on top which is good. The renewal of the sponsor is also good news. Its good to hear most club members are sticking by their club from what I hear.

Now just under $63,000, looking promising!
by gazzamagoo
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great interview with Kris Grant

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=642661&fbclid=IwAR0OgzzLM_KqwCXo5QPcmYac2vTZ3-GF_K6nV1Gj_Igt_s6pAIDRfZZVZO8

Cdfc have raised $35k in memberships/season ticket sales
And $62k out of the fundraiser
PLUS just over $3,000 for the "BBQ with The Gowans twins" raffle.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 01, 2020 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

am Bays wrote:Bet they're back in 2021

SANFL will be told as there will be no $$$ for an AFL reserves comp when they've got to fund AFLW next year with reduced revenue.

NOT
OUR
PROBLEM
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Certainly a fair bit to pan out yet... can someone like Jeff Andrews afford to come back and operate off job keeper...I fear not. Or Bastinac.. Dunno..will umps be prepared to get abused simply for the love of it? I’m not convinced all parties can come together to get a season of sorts up and running. Hope I’m wrong.. and I’ll still maintain an interest even if second string teams compete.. But a lot of hurdles need to be cleared yet..
Jeff is already back & has completed his quarantine period. He ain't going anywhere.

Bastinac and Douglas stand out as being players that might not want to play for $750.
I don't think they'll care too much,
they'll be more than adequately compensated somehow.
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL have announced no AFL listed player will play State League footy this year so that would officially end any thoughts of Crows/Port in SANFL.

Heartbreaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

All we need now is the SANFL to start up and back to a pure SANFL.

FAN FAR KEN TABULOUS news

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I blame UKFan & Centurion,
I have reports that the two were seen together with a chemical set in a Wuhan wet market late last year,
clever, verrrry clever.
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Certainly a fair bit to pan out yet... can someone like Jeff Andrews afford to come back and operate off job keeper...I fear not. Or Bastinac.. Dunno..will umps be prepared to get abused simply for the love of it? I’m not convinced all parties can come together to get a season of sorts up and running. Hope I’m wrong.. and I’ll still maintain an interest even if second string teams compete.. But a lot of hurdles need to be cleared yet..
Jeff is already back & has completed his quarantine period. He ain't going anywhere.
And we don't have any players that won't want to play due to no payments.
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Us mob out at Lizbf have dun real good becoz we're all on Centralslink, so we all got a payrise!! :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu May 14, 2020 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:With no Port in the comp this year, which would be the biggest rivalries?

going by pure hatred toward each other?
CD v Nwd
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

*BUMP*

Round 1 - Adelaide Oval

Saturday June 27th

Central District v Sturt @ 11:50am

Woodville West Torrens v South Adelaide @ 2:40pm

Sunday June 28th

North Adelaide v West Adelaide @ 12:00pm

Glenelg v Norwood @ 3:00pm

I reckon Centrals should wear the guernsey we wore way back in the amateur league.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

Groucho wrote:That was not good. Nothing positive to take from that game at all.

nothing?
how about Boyd's first game back with us,
or Lange's debut game, apparently BOG, not a bad effort I reckon!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Eagles v Norwood Sunday 1410 Woodville

Groucho wrote:Don't worry. you will still win. I'm certain of it.

FFS, give it a rest
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:SANFL feeling sorry for us, Murray Stephenson offered a reprimand.

Must be the first time ever we've had someone not suspended.

do you think before you type?
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

whufc wrote:In recent years it definitely has always looked and felt like a boys versus men scenario.

Even our new ruckmen Thompson is only 194cm which is the same height as Tex Walker and Nate Fyfe.

but we have 2, 200 cm blokes lumbering around in the reserves.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

I don't know about you Nthner but I HATE losing and I especially HATE finishing bottom and being awarded the Wooden Spoon, and worse than that it will be a WIN-LESS season. Can things get any worse?

I don't know how you manage to find positives from this shipwreck, fair dinkum, you would find a positive in the bubonic plague.

All the young players are learning is how to lose. We just don't know how to win, I'm not sure if that is a different matter or not but the result is the same.
it must be a hoot being so negative.
Do you enjoy it? If you don't, then it can't be doing you any good,
I suggest you don't go to the footy for a while.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with most of that summary apart from Nanscawen & Bunworth we also had Budarick he never came down from Darwin as well.Definitely agree on our height issue although we have Robinson running around in the reserves and at the very least he would worry defenders with his size and would bring the ball to ground if he didnt mark it .Lastly i think Jenner has struggled a bit this year and hasnt quite been the player of the past he has been very good for us over a large period of time but and thats only my opinion. It has been a tough year and nothing much has gone right but the boys are trying and with patience it will turn .

Whilst Kyle hasn't been in the best of form personally, his presence and leadership on the field is invaluable. I forgot about Budarick... just adds to the tale of 2020 sadly. Re Damon (a St Iggies boy I am very proud of... plays for the right club, unlike most who end up at Norwood or Sturt *grins*), I don't think he is quite ready for League yet but may not be far away.
Cheers

Jenner dropped
He's injured
and Goody,
this side is very inexperienced, looks like a reserves side, 2 more debutants.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson Announces Resignation

I thought Roy Laird would be good for this role, because he's passionate about the SANFL.......................
but they wouldn't want someone like that.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Central v West at X-Con Oval 2:10 pm

Nason in, experience is handy,
McLean in, good goal kicker with height,
Fort in, more height,
I'm happy with this.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Central v West at X-Con Oval 2:10 pm

Spargo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Nason in

Good lord...

he's been playing well, deserves a chance.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Murray Stephenson will not play this week after getting 2 matches (down to 1 for a guilty plea) for his dangerous tackle on Loneragen (has ended his season and is not in a good way), Not suggesting it was on purpose and it was graded as reckless.

I think he received a one match penalty (down to a reprimand) earlier this year against Norwwod for the same offence.

Without knowing the reasons behind citing players, it peeves me that Troy Menzels season ended after a Sturt player threw him to the ground in a tackle. Yet he wasn't referred to a tribunal...
did he thwow him wuffly Centuwion?
by gazzamagoo
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 South v Centrals Saturday 1410

An interesting post script to this match was the injury to Souths Loneragan, who had been enjoying a breakout season imo.
He was the victim of a fairly reckless tackle early in the game, which saw him stretchered from the ground.
As a result he has sustained a severe back injury- a fractured vertebrae in his spine- he will not play again this season, and there has to be some doubt over his playing future beyond this year.
The centrals player was reported for the incident. he was found guilty, and suspended for 1 match with an early plea....
This is the second time this season the Centrals player has been reported for a similar offence.
My opinion..the sentence is manifestly inadequate. :evil:
And yet the player who ended Menzel's season with a crude sling tackle got off!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Central, some real positives this season, amongst the negatives,
I feel next season will be a very different "ball game",
hopefully 2 Menzels in the side for the season, surely we're a 5 goal better side with them both in?
And our big blokes are coming along slowly but steadily, that's a big plus.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah not a bad effort except for a a couple of five minute fade outs.

Goody made a few mistakes maybe time to hang up boots.

As gazza says a few more ins next year the Menzel boys and Izzie also the young boys are developing very nicely.

Bring on 2021.
another win or 2 this season would be nice too :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 North V Centrals Saturday 1410

DOC wrote:Is it your SHOUT gazz?

yeah, I had caps on, typed the post, can't be stuffed re-doing it
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction.
Unfortunately reserves winning doesn't translate to the League anymore. Same as the U18's.

Butcher kicked 5 , where from ? I assume close to the goals ?
who gives a **** where he kicks them from!
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction.
Unfortunately reserves winning doesn't translate to the League anymore. Same as the U18's.

Butcher kicked 5 , where from ? I assume close to the goals ?
who gives a **** where he kicks them from!
Oh settle down mate. I hope he kicked them from close to the goal as that means Centrals had a forward near goal.
I bet the coach was happy he got them close to goal . Shows something IMO. Not that you would understand by the looks . ;)
sorry, I thought you were having a go at him, he kicked them from the square (after taking contested marks) and from further out. Played a traditional FF's game.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Would almost guarantee that Goodrem & Jenner will retire at the end of this season.
I wouldn't think that The WCE will pursue Isaya McKenzie, after his knee injury, so I'd consider him as an IN for 2021,
The 'Dogs are on the hunt for bigger bodied players and already have 2 in their sights,
one is already here in SA & the other is in the NT, a brother of an ex-Central player that is now playing in the AFL in Qld.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least you'll have a flash new clubrooms with a fancy set of fu***ng gates!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:So it wouldnt be Surjan,Sheedy or Wright so that only leaves Colville or Andrews ?

It won't be Andrews, the players love him & everything is heading in the right direction for next year & beyond.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Stuv Glenelg Saturday 1420

Are Glenelg imploding?
$turd to win.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

You Effing Beauty. To quote Shane Crawford "that's what I'm talking about." Very enjoyable win, well done Dogs. That's the way to send Goodie and Alfie into retirement. :lol: :D

Thank f**k this horrible season is over. Zero interest in SANFL now, don't care who wins GF, won't be watching any finals.
Not looking forward to next year either , it can take as long as possible to come around as far as I'm concerned.
Not looking forward to seeing the Menzel Brothers running around in tip top condition next year?
Those 2 would add 5 goals each game & with the young lads coming through nicely, I reckon next year is FULL of promise!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Returned to Red Poles on McMutrie Road in McLaren Vale on Saturday, they have 3 little one bedroom rooms to stay in so we did,
Roz is the hostess, as there was no-one in the room the night before, she let us check in at midday, gave us time to check in & do some wineries, then back to Red Poles for a late lunch, coinsisting of Pork dumplings, a duck Rilland, then steamed mussels & pork belly, great food & stuffed to the brim.
Then we lit a fire & proceeded to snuggle down for the evening with a bottle of red, some Muscats, espresso martinis & on and on and on. The staff locked up about 5.30 and went home but trusted us, with 5 other guests, to stay out the front of the restaurant around the camp fire for the night.
Then on the Sunday, back out around freshl;y lit fires to enjoy the live music, this place is amazing & i recommend it to anyone!
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Looking forward to next season with plenty of optimism .If we carry over the type of footy we have played against Norwood,Eagles & Glenelg we will improve and win more than we lose thats the sort of footy we want to see .Both Menzels will be handy even better forward line if Butch plays on.

And a fit Izzy!
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thommo prime candidate for the coaching role.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Not to mention the one and only Des Drogemuller.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The club's stand on this issue is simple,
We're a different club at Centrals,
it's a different environment than the other clubs & we need to stick to what's best for us,
don't appoint from outside the club because they wouldn't understand how we operate & our culture,
it didn't work with Cowboy,
it didn't work with Kerley,
it didn't really work with Clarko,
success came from the hard work of people like Alan Stewart, Kris Grant, Bill Cochrane & Roy Laird & all the die-hard volunteers who bleed for the club,,
You couldn't get a better Red, White & Blue pedigree than Paul Thomas,
his old man is a legend of the club, as is Paul too & now we have a female Thommo running around,
Port stuck with this principle for years & look where that got them in the SANFL,
we've copied them before & it worked,
time to get back to basics, back to our roots & start to rebuild the winning culture.
At least we'll now have the 100% support of all the players.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didnt Grant deny that Thomas was going to be appointed? Was it advertised?

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media , the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"

Some people stay at a Club too long, and end up undoing all the good work they have done.

Think Kris Grant fits that category, this is dead set embarrassing for him!

why do you say that, he said at that time they hadn't appointed Paul, it didn't happen until monday night
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolute cop out for the way they have gone about it. Centrals using tough luck and a backs to the wall attitude towards a guy from the couple of games i saw in the latter part of the year that was getting the job done.

As a former player they are acting as about as professional as the area they are based.

The way they went about it is a bloody disgrace. No verbal contact regarding the sacking I've been told whatsover from my old sources. Payed 90k p.a. for a rude thanks but no thanks. Deserve to go broke, donations should be returned to members.

Luckily your opinion means **** all to us.
And to denigrate the area, which has absolutely nothing to do with the sacking of a footy coach, speaks volumes about what sort of wanker you must be.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rucci saying he expects Godden back at the AFC as a coach in their SANFL side.

Will the 2 AFL side be admitted back . If yes at what cost.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-sa-breakfast/
with limited squads, will they be able to field a side?
they're just training squads,
let them back in but in the reserves.
or in the league but for no points.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

When the Reserves concept was originally voted on (with no member input), the vote was 6-2, with only South and Central voting against. What would the vote be if it could be done again now, for next season?
If only all the other clubs voted no... why didn’t they????
They bent over for $50,000. :roll:
and all the other BS they were told by the snake oil salesman at the time
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bits and pieces are being revealed slowly,
Allegedly something bad happened, so bad that the club sought legal advice & was informed it would be in their best interests to terminate the coaching role straight away.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL grand final timing

If we have to have the AFL Reserves...

Start the season at the end of March. Grand Final the Saturday of the weekend after the October long weekend.

25 Round Season - 18 Rounds where the AFL Reserves are involved, an extra 7 Rounds plus Finals where it's just the 8 SANFL clubs, with a 3-week Final 4. Drop the AFL Reserves away from the calendar/ladder towards the end of August and have the last handful of minor round games plus finals without them.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, if the SANFL DOES "allow" them back in, make the matches when we play the AFL sides byes, training runs. No points & they don't play finals.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Negative defensive footy cure?

amber_fluid wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Booney wrote:My first thought is, how early did Gaz start drinking?

When I was about 11 I think.

Late start for a central supporter

Sorry, I was in jail :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Negative defensive footy cure?

Blacky wrote:how about we leave the game alone

because it's BORING
by gazzamagoo
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

is that a faint smile I detect on Groucho's face?
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just announced on the CDFC website, 5 new signings (official).

Harry Grant, 173 cms, 79 kgs.
Harry comes to the Club as a premiership player & runner-up Best & Fairest with the Club Queanbeyan Tigers. Harry is a hard running midfielder who also has the ability to hit the scoreboard. Splitting football commitments between the GWS side in the NEAFL and Queanbeyan in 2020.

Matt Neagle, 185 cms, 80 kgs.
Matt played at the Club in 2019 as a running defender. He also adds flexibility to the midfield with his ability to link the game. Matt returned home in 2020 due to COVID-19. The Club are pleased to welcome Matt & Brie back to the Bulldogs.

Dallas Hill, 195 cms, 101 kgs.
We welcome back Dallas Hill to our Club. Proven big man that has played solid SANFL footy in recent years. Dallas returns to the Club after graduating into the policeforce. We are pleased to add a competitor of his size and calibre to our list.

Dylan Morton,
Dylan joins a host of other Riverina footballers to the Bulldog family. Great mates with the Kelly brothers (Jackson & Ben) and connection to Club Captain, Luke Habel. We welcome the competitive and hard running half back.

Jamie Coff, 197 cms, 86 kgs.
First zoned to Port Adelaide Magpies and shuffled to the Eagles in a SANFL rezoning. Jamie has made the decision to keep it more local as a Salisbury North junior and explore his craft as a key forward at the Dogs. We welcome Jamie and his family to Centrals.

GO FOR COFF!!
Together with Jack Sutton, Aiden Grace, Jacob Templeton, Billy Iles & Jaxon Neagle, we seem to have recruited rather well!
Maybe not as doom & gloom as some might think!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |