Search found more than 1655 matches

Return

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Corona Man wrote:What’s the point of going back to Warner now? Let’s just forget about that **** and get games into a younger/better bloke.

One of the best players in World cricket that’s why. I don’t care if he is a flog. If he makes runs in the SS he has to get in
by Jim05
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Fixture

Best day of the year for footy! No reason to not put footy on the most boring day of the year.
Even better than Xmas Day as at least a lot of pubs are open Xmas Day!

South should be spewing.
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New naming rights sponsor for Elizabeth Oval

Basically most sanfl clubs are up against it financially- with a couple of pretty obvious exceptions. Any opportunity to generate some income would of course be welcome...Oval naming rites being one of them - as long as it helps pay the bills...
by blueandwhite
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

And this is why Test cricket is the best form of cricket and it must be protected by those of us who know the previous statement is true.
by Booney
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Euthanasia isn't legal in Australia.
Just watched dad wither away from Emphysema,
went into nursing home end of July, died Saturday, weighing just 30kgs & in constant pain & discomfort,
even the nurses wished he would just go, shit thing to watch every day.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, best wishes to you all.
by Booney
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to hear Gazz
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the right way to go, sorry to hear that
by Brodlach
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Financials

Brodlach wrote:I take all the financials with a’pinch of salt’ ATM

Westies and "pinch" are not a good combination in a post
by Jimmy_041
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s not just supporter numbers it’s having a sustainable business model and diversifying into other income streams. Having a thriving, quality bistro/bar is essential
by Brodlach
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
Brett wrote:Still need supporters and members as if you dont have those then you are gone. 3k members at an average say of $60 is 180k . I think most clubs would take that .

Centrals would be lucky to have 2,000 members.

We go for quality, not quantity :D
by bulldogproud
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True, unlike a few other sides, it can never be said we had 'bandwaggoners' :D

Lol I know at least a few people that only went once a year to watch the Dogs - Like all clubs you had plenty of them (we did too when the good times returned). Pity the glory hunting supporters dont convert to members as much as all clubs would like.
by JK
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Brett wrote:I think North will win 2 more games than Centrals and West.

Dogs need another recruit or 2, or yes even 2 games down I think North will win more games.

VERY close to signing an exciting recruit, ex AFL & still young.

Seems a bit late to sign someone else,hope it happens if true.
by TDJ44
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFC President

Life member with over 40 years voluntary work for the club, apparently about to be announced a third straight year of profit & significant debt reduction under his watch as president - sacked over the phone.
Sorry, I’m missing something here...
by Spargo
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Oops. Cheney is 29.

not him.

Is that you Big Phil ?
by Brett
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Dogs have signed former Gold Coast/Bay player Timmy Sumner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Sumner_(footballer)
by UK Fan
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:With the contacts we now have at the Gold Coast, possibly one of their recent delistings: Clay Beames (but not that young) and Josh Jaska are possibilities.
Cheers

yes,
no & no.

Will have another stab at a former Gold Coast player then: Tim Sumner?

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He has been playing amateur football for a couple of years?
by Brodlach
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:BINGO.

I have to credit UKfan with having let me know, via another thread :D

Not sure what Timmy has been doing in the three years since he left the Suns, but welcome him with open arms to the Ponderosa and hope it feels like home to him for many seasons!

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Dogs have signed former Gold Coast/Bay player Timmy Sumner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Sumner_(footballer)

Good luck with that.

Not a fan spargo ???

Roy will have his hands full I reckon.

If Roy can handle Quinno Graham he can handle anyone :-)
by UK Fan
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:We sure do - you need to get closer to your admin :D :)
It sort of helps when you know a number of the boys on a personal non-football basis.
Cheers

Pretty sure I know all I need to know thanks mate ;)

JK is a Cibo regular.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day he’s had discipline issues, behaviour issues & commitment issues at numerous clubs.
Leopards don’t change their spots.

A great coach can still get the best out of a player of this nature: some of Adam Goodes' early coaches said that he had all those issues, then along came Paul Roos.
Ben Cousins also gave a number of years of good service when with the right coach.
This could be the making of Roy as a truly great coach - if he isn't judged that already.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day he’s had discipline issues, behaviour issues & commitment issues at numerous clubs.

^
What he said
Has all the talent in the world but that only gets you so far.
I’d be surprised if he even plays a league game before quitting/sacked.

Reckon he only has one game suspension to get and he is banned for life. Way too risky getting him. No coach can stop someone with his discipline. He will snap and some point and that will be career over. Absolutely crazy by Dogs!

That would be his brother.

Sturt Premiership player Byron Sumner has one more game to go I believe. Timmy has 5 games to go I believe
by UK Fan
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am sure all these factors have been taken into account in his contract. I believe in redemption and am happy for Tim to receive this additional opportunity. If he stuffs up, he only has himself to blame. However, until then... thanks for choosing the Ponderosa, Timmy, and all the best at this great club!
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am sure all these factors have been taken into account in his contract. I believe in redemption and am happy for Tim to receive this additional opportunity. If he stuffs up, he only has himself to blame. However, until then... thanks for choosing the Ponderosa, Timmy, and all the best at this great club!
Cheers

Hopefully he turns out better than the last Tim we recruited from an SANFL club. That move proved to be a giant shit sandwich.
by Grenville
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We sure do - you need to get closer to your admin :D :)
It sort of helps when you know a number of the boys on a personal non-football basis.
Cheers

Pretty sure I know all I need to know thanks mate ;)
JK is a Cibo regular.

If it doesnt happen at Cibo, it doesn't happen at all
Yeah ask Centurion, I mean gazzamagoo
by Brodlach
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:At the end of the day he’s had discipline issues, behaviour issues & commitment issues at numerous clubs.
Nah mate Centrals are perfect and they'll sort him out.
by stan
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Reckon we are getting desperate

We wouldn’t of picked up Sumner back in the glory day with the ‘no dickhead policy’

Or McIntyre.
by Grenville
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True, unlike a few other sides, it can never be said we had 'bandwaggoners' :D

Lol I know at least a few people that only went once a year to watch the Dogs - Like all clubs you had plenty of them (we did too when the good times returned). Pity the glory hunting supporters dont convert to members as much as all clubs would like.

Also known as the Day Release membership
by LMA
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do all these profits include the $500,000 payment from the SANFL?

Clubs shouldnt be putting these funds into their financial reporting as it is a once off and does not provide a clear and accurate picture of their core trading. Plus it needs to go straight off debt anyway doesnt it?
Absolutely agree. Would think that clubs with less than a $500,000 profit actually lost money but by including it makes the club look better
by Brodlach
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just take a North player, they'll still have 18 on the field so no impact.
by Booney
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end:

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/12/13/2019-sanfl-statewide-super-fixture-launch/

Someone has to say it.

How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end and also removing the front row.

Hate how SANFL has moved league games forward an hour to fit SANFLW games in after. Screwed up my whole Saturday routine. I will NOT be staying to watch SANFLW. Will player presentations be moved back after home games to include the women's game. I hope not.
Yep send them back to the kitchen where they belong :roll:
by Rising Power
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL will gladly wait until the SANFL is a complete basket case, then turn up, media entourage in toe, photos of whoever is captain of Crows and Power on the front page of the rag, some crappy headline: "AFL throws life line to SANFL!" one sentence buried deep within the story about how "certain changes will need to be made to current structure to allow AFL greater control." the rest; a wankfest about how they really care about local footy, which clearly cannot survive without the chivalrous intervention of football's wondrous governing body.

(N.B. it should read "AFL's wondrous governing body." since they renamed the game after themselves, shouldn't it be spurious to refer to it as football ?)
by therisingblues
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dwayne Russell on SEN says the AFL reserves comp is all go for 2021 and that Adelaide and Port will leave the SANFL.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port cried when Summerton had to play in the SANFL and the SANFL jumped. That being said I do think its stupid that the captain/leadership player/Marquee player couldnt play every week in the first place. It will be better for both clubs to move to the VFL or AFL reserves comp if the bloody AFL would just put the money up instead of spending money on the AFLW.
by sib
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL put a lot of money into the Womans league and it would be interesting to see how much . Dont forget the indirect costs involved . The womans comp is a joke IMO. Its people too concerned about knocking the minority.
by Brett
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Female Footy

I was waiting for it ! Good luck to females who play footy . Go for it . On tonight news was a female footballer complaining they only get paid 13k per season yet some AFL men get 50k a game . Its gone mad seriously. Want equal money then play a whole season and people have to pay to watch it. I wonder what SANFL players feel about this .
by Brett
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Female Footy

When does the season end? It's the biggest crock of shit on TV at the moment. Absolutely horrid.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure how you can do a extra point rule with different playing conditions/times over a weekend.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:So why wouldn't Glenelg take the 30k and if true why are they taking him ?

I think you might be muddled up,Bays wanted $30k from Central who apparently declined
by Brodlach
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Female Footy

As I type this I am sitting in front bar of the Maid, having stepped out of the house for "exercise".

Three tellies plus the audio are doing an AFL practice game. Only one telly and no audio for a women's AFL game.

Looking at the respective crowds, the mens practice game is well attended with many attendees in club colours. For a practice game, mind.
The womens crowd is very sparse indeed.

Perhaps when the interest is there - and the money - the ladies might have a reasonable basis to grizzle.
by Pseudo
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All clubs have released the same Email I believe.
by Brett
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL has dropped off the footy tips site after being included as long as I can remember - assuming that was part of your reason for posting UK Fan?

As UK fan asked does anyone have a link to SANFL footy tips by any chance & WAFL?

I liked tipping those 2 comps + it kept U in touch with whats going on in those leagues...

There's a group on FB called "The Real Fans Of SANFL" that are running a comp mate
by JK
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Live scores, results & comments...

Port
Norwood
Central
Crows
Eagles

Menzel and Fort to kick 8 between them.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:We're already bottom!

North are. You're 4 points ahead of them.
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:You must admit it wasn't good and there wasn't anything positive to be taken out of it.

You sound like a Glenelg supporter . Sling it when you lose but jump on when you win. :lol:
by Brett
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

Certain 2 points next game.
by Groucho
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

-2 < 0

Therefore, North is below Glenelg, West & Central.
i.e. BOTTOM
by Groucho
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

OK. Fair enough. I am in favour of eliminating 2 of the mistakes made by the S.A.N.F.L., on the fence on the 3rd one.
There is a fourth one I wish they would correct. I hate how they refer to Sanfull , it is an acronym not a word.
by Groucho
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3

We won!!! :shock: :D :lol:

You were right Mr Magoo. :-BD

Ugly game, horrible to watch BUT I don't care because we won.
by Groucho
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |