Search found 47 matches

Return

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

I see the Futures have 2 wickets in hand and a lead of 1. Looks like that one will be over a day early as well. Only a young team and the only way to learn is to keep playing them. Naturally going to experience some pain along the way but hopefully a couple of them can eventually stand up and progress to the next level.
by Minimum Chips
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

The Hound wrote:Raph big departure from Buffs, hopefully they can keep him around in a coaching role, although was dong some stuff with Emerging's so might be headed in that direction.
Nobes? can his body hold up?

Great move by Emergings in having Raph there.He'll have plenty to offer the young blokes.
by Minimum Chips
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Is Josh Hoffman back playing cricket at the Bay this year?

Too talented to give it away so soon

I believe so - pretty sure he's in the 19s squad (which looks half decent this year as well).
by Minimum Chips
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Josh Hoffman back playing cricket at the Bay this year?

Too talented to give it away so soon
I believe so - pretty sure he's in the 19s squad (which looks half decent this year as well).
Who is in that age group? The two Kellys, Brazell

Any quicks?
I think the quicks might be Size, Judd, one of the Kelly's , unsure of what the NSW lad (Scott) bowls, Darley?
Some handy leggies in Bowering, Smith and Hoffman, I reckon some decent batters as well (Brazell, Fuss, Kelly x 2, Hoffman, Scott, King, Pointon).
by Minimum Chips
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Wow

Caught on the boundary when there's 8 balls to block out

A new low

They just put the two fielders out deep and were going to bowl two short balls to try and keep Agar on strike for last over and Zampa fell for it hook, line and sinker. He is an arrogant big head and that shot summed him up, absolute disgrace. All the good work of Ferg and Cooper etc wasted by cockiness.

Also, picking Harry Nielsen as Number 4 batter shows our lack of batting depth, he is a keeper/Number 7 at best, simple as that.
Like the run out the other day - pretty much sums up SA cricket. The whole place needs a big broom through it. Although I fear there will be only token changes. Apparently they have no money for junior development (i.e. 17s having to give their gear back for the 19s to use) but still we have all the board/committee members soaking it up in the committee room at the test with no expense spared! Sorry for ranting but just some venting from a long-time dismayed supporter of SA cricket. Agree with you Eags - who the hell was responsible for the treatment dished out to Ferguson? Who are the selectors?
by Minimum Chips
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Tony Clifton wrote:Would love to see Weatherald get a big one here

Such a destructive player but hasn't kicked on in red ball stuff, almost since that game a couple of years ago where he got two tons in Perth and was anointed as the next big thing

You just gave him the commentator's curse! :lol: :lol:
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prospect 58 all out this time. Ouch

What's the go out there? why have they struggled down the bottom for so long?

Must be some serious underlying issues?

If you want to go to 12 team comp there is your answer!'
Yep - merge Prospect with Uni. Gets rid of the bye and gives Uni a junior zone to work with so they don't have to pinch them off everyone else.
by Minimum Chips
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Im a little late to the shield season

Siddle now plays for Tassie[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Wtf has he done to his hair???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Went that colour from all the bananas he eats :lol:
by Minimum Chips
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets be honest, Fergs is one you give not out umpiring your teammates, but he went deep in his crease, got hit in front of middle and leg and it would have gone on to take Leg stump.

Harry's on the other hand is the sort of one you laugh at the bowler for even appealing.
Don't be sensible, he's on 97 in his last dig, it did cut a bit and you could exaggerate that it cut further.

Did you hear the dude in the crowd after Harry's dismissal?
:lol: :lol: Yes - heard it loud and clear. Even the commentators mentioned it as well. Again - what the hell is going on with these umpires? They've nearly had as big of a shocker as the bloke in the Ashes (the game where Stokes chased down the Aussies).
Unfortunately, even though it was a very crap decision, I think Harry may be in a little trouble :?
by Minimum Chips
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happened to be driving past Karen Rolton oval last evening and the lights were on, so I thought I'd have a look and see what was going on. There was an internal trial for the remaining non-BBL Redbacks squad plus others. The lights were fantastic and the oval looked great. I believe the Grade Cricket white ball finals may be played under lights? If so, what a great opportunity for the players.
by Minimum Chips
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of de-listings - I have heard there's going to be a big clean out at the end of the season.
Was always on the cards I guess.

Dizzy inherited a squad, had minimal say in it. Would have had to eat some contracts. Now has seen the group up close so will be better placed to make some calls.

The squad itself is at an interesting stage too. Players who have been the nucleus of our one day/four day team for quite a few years (Ferguson, Cooper, Lehmann, Head, Sayers, Worrall, Mennie, Richardson, Zampa) are now either getting close to the end, have ended up elsewhere, are out of favour, are tied up with international stuff etc.

There are opportunities there but there doesn't seem to be a group of younger players pushing for selection who can step in. Do we recruit? Give a bunch of locals a chance?
Perfect opportunity to give some young players a chance to see what they're made of - heck we will probably lose anyway so why not blood some youngsters and give them some experience. You never know, one or two of them may just do well.
Renshaw yes, not sure about Conway - he seems a bit of a space cadet. Someone like McAndrew or Hatcher look good though.
by Minimum Chips
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies but not sure if this goes in Grade Cricket or this thread.

2nd X1 SA v Tas

SA 1st Innings all out 252 (Lehmann 130, C Kelly 53)
TAS 1st Innings all out 264 (Grant 3/45, Oakley 3/45, C Kelly 3/47)
SA 2nd Innings 6/365 stumps (T Kelly 102no, C Kelly 81no, Bosisto 79, Drew 69)
Day 4 Tasmania all out 260 (Medew-Ewen 6/95, S Kerber 2/15)
Wow - SA won a game of cricket!!
by Minimum Chips
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2nd X1 game currently on at Karen Rolton (halfway through day 2):

SA 1st Innings 252 (Drew 74, Gibson 62, Worden 32, T Kelly 32)
ACT/NSW Country 5/214 (Valente 4/47)
by Minimum Chips
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Rough day for TTG

Win the toss, bowl.

Sturt 2/429 declared. TTG 2/29 at stumps.

Ouch!

By the way - good to see a couple of up and coming youngsters make big 100s today (Capel & T Kelly). They are both in a bit of form at the moment.
by Minimum Chips
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to young Capel, he looks like one to watch out for at the Bradman medal.

643 runs at 71 this season. 154*, 93 and 100 in last three knocks. There is definitely an opening position up for grabs alongside Henry Hunt for the Redbacks. Would love to see Capel be given an opportunity when in form.

He would surely have to be considered for a Rookie deal at the very least.

SACA - please stop wasting time with recycling players who failed at their home states thinking they'll make it playing for SA. If they fail playing 1st class cricket at their home state they'll fail playing for SA.

These are the types of kids you should be putting effort into. Rant over!
by Minimum Chips
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe the exit interviews for the Redbacks were held earlier this week and all of the "cuts" have been confirmed and communicated. There's quite a few to replace for next season so it's going to be interesting to see who comes in.
I'd suspect (as has been mentioned before on here) that S Kerber and Gibson would be likely (and possibly Johnson?). I'd think Capel would/should be in line for a Rookie spot. Not sure whether Pope and possibly Scott and C Kelly get upgraded (although given Scott and Kelly are only 20 they may keep them on rookie deals to leave space for others?). That still leaves a fair bit of room so interesting to see who they target from interstate? Can't think of any other locals (apart from a couple who may get rookie deals?).

They must have multiple players lined up from interstate to go so heavy on the sackings.
Renshaw, Conway seem to be certainties, id imagine a few fringe players from NSW could be targeted, players who are playing in the final would be a good start. Kurtis Patterson should be one, he has stagnated in NSW. Ashton Turner would be another target for mine, he has gone backwards the last year or so and could benefit from a fresh start.
They need to target a proven fast bowler besides Conway. WA have a few that should be gettable.

Renshaw
Hunt
Head
Patterson
Turner
Carey
Nielsen
Worrall
Conway
Paris
Spinner
Looks a real good team apart from the spinning issue, not sure we can fix that

Both Sangha's could be worth a look

Fingers crossed that the spinning problem is solved by simply having more runs on the board to play with. Slight fanciful but scoreboard pressure does sometimes have that affect.
It's a difficult one to work out as I acknowledge that while we need to recruit to get us out of this mess, it's important to make sure there's room for younger locals, otherwise why bother having juniors.
I firmly believe that our best juniors are as good as any in Australia - it's just that there's not as many of them. However one of the issues seems to have been the pathway system over recent times where I think they are "lost" after the 19s is done. I don't think just cutting grade clubs will be the answer - it's also got to do with the coaching/mentoring they can get to develop them. The "emerging" redbacks program just seemed to be net sessions with not much coaching going on and bowlers getting bowled into the ground with not much feedback?
by Minimum Chips
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Had to laugh when Colliver was talking about Harry Nielsen being proud to be able to play even when Carey was in the side and he's the reserve keeper. Helps when your old man is in charge!!!
by Minimum Chips
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Second X1 going well against WA but rain over next two days, especially tomorrow, will mean no chance of finishing.

Daniel Drew as captain was 161 not out when declaring, and Corey Kelly made 86 and taken 4/32 so far.

SA 6/428 dec vs WA 6/206.
I saw that Eags. That's a great effort by those two. These are the sorts of players the Redbacks should be putting time into instead of giving preference to recycled interstaters!!
by Minimum Chips
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Redbacks collapsing

:lol: :lol: that's gold.
by Minimum Chips
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Goodbye Lehmann - thanks for your service but its time to go. Time to bring in some fresh talent - Liam Scott, Thomas Kelly or Daniel Drew who made a big ton in the 2nds a couple of weeks' ago!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I note the next Shield match is next week v Tasmania in Hobart.

There's at least one change that will occur with Doggett being injured. It would be very interesting to see what other changes are made? They took Corey Kelly away for both games last week and didn't play him at all which is ridiculous. He must be considered as well after preforming in the 2nd X1 and move McAndrew or Grant up to open with Worrall. He can be the 4th seamer and also offer with the bat? Drew must surely be a chance after a big hundred in the 2nds a couple of weeks' back and another century on the weekend. He should come in for Lehmann or Nielsen? Or do they bring Pope back into the 11?
by Minimum Chips
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

Harry would not get a game without his dad.

His Dad signed him to three year deal too, would imagine he will be on the list next season and not playing a game. If he doesn’t try and sign De Kock or another decent keeper/batsmen with Carey unavailable it is a deadset joke, almost criminal. How SACA let him have so much power when his son is involved is ridiculous :shock:
Unfortunately Eags as we all know the whole place is rotten. When you have a SACA president and board only worried about how deep they can get their snouts in the trough and not do anything to make meaningful changes to the whole set up we'll keep discussing the same things over and over. Absolute joke of an organisation which basically needs a complete clean out from top to bottom and in between, not just the Strikers.
by Minimum Chips
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies if this is the wrong thread (please move if needed) but I see there's a 2nd X1 game on next week v QLD at Campbelltown starting Monday. Side on MyCricket as follows:
SL Kerber
JS Buckingham
BT Capel
R King
DM Grant
*J Lehmann
SH Johnson
NA McSweeney
D Drew
TL Oakley
+H Matthias
C Kelly
K Brazell
by Minimum Chips
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

Hearing the Strikers have cut Jono Wells .... surely not.

It's the strikers nothing would surprise me :roll: :roll:

Nielsen said he was taking Harry’s spot when Carey came back so he had to go. :shock:

PS If true, Tim Neilson has to go, was the second highest run scorer in the comp behind McDermott, got us out of trouble most games!
I just read on Cricinfo that the Strikers parted ways with Wells citing a 'shift in list management strategy', what a joke!

"This is a difficult decision, however with the uncertain nature of overseas player recruitment in the current landscape, the depth of young talent and a need to consistently evolve as a team, the Strikers remain committed to doing everything possible to build a team contending for titles," a Strikers statement said.
Beside Thomas Kelly, who else is "young talent"? Surely not Liam Scott?? Usual SACA/Strikers BS!!! I hope he gets another gig somewhere and slays it when he plays the Strikers!!!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commentators being a little critical of Drew but honestly, it is pleasing to see a Redback dig in and value their wicket. He just needs to go on now and score 50+ to make it worthwhile. He certainly has the ability to score quickly.

Wankers! His put on 100 run partnership when the game was in the balance. It’s been a very good knock, just needs to cap it off and get over 50
Agreed. Hey Redbacks selectors - look what happens when you pick guys who are in form!!! :roll:
by Minimum Chips
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victoria’s bowling coach complaining to the umpires after play about what we were doing to the ball :shock: All of a sudden we were getting reverse swing out of nowhere, they lose 5/40. They have short memories of what their previous bowling coach David Saker did at Glenelg Oval a few years ago :D Whinging Vics!

It was Mick Lewis (the one who holds the record for worst 1-day Int'l bowling figures) when he rubbed the ball on the asphalt. Pretty ironic that he was the one whingeing!!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Redbacks one day team for tomorrow

Henry Hunt (c), Wes Agar, Jake Carder, Brendan Doggett, David Grant, Thomas Kelly, Jake Lehmann, Harry Nielsen (wk), Nathan McAndrew, Nathan McSweeney, Lloyd Pope, Liam Scott, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall.

Dear Lord!!! Why?????

Not even he can help the redbacks!
Looking like he has :lol: :lol:
We'll get a point for a washout!! It's been raining all week over there yet another case of administrators asleep at the wheel. They would have know with the forecasts that there was going to be a heap of rain yet they still had the match scheduled there. Could have easily decided last week to shift the game here where the weather is fine?? :?
by Minimum Chips
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spencer got a full contract, as did Buckingham.

Added Thornton and Conway as mentioned, also Ben Manenti (off spinner from Tassie) and Aiden Cahill (allrounder from NSW and AUS U/19's).

Rookie contracts to Isaac Higgins and Harry Matthias.
Yet more interstaters. As mentioned before, this organisation is an absolute joke.
Too lazy and incompetent to develop their own talent so they are now looking for a quick fix by gifting full contracts to interstaters. Johnson deserves one but you now watch him break down after being subjected to the crap fitness regime they have in there. I'm not convinced yet on Lindsay Buckingham, and he won't get a game now anyway as he's behind all the others they've now brought in.
Good luck to young Matthias but clearly he is zero threat to Harry Nielsen's spot so you'd think this is deliberate by Tim Nielsen to protect his son yet again. Barrett has by far been the best keeper batsman in SA but due to him being a threat to Harry he never got a look in. Absolute corrupt organisation with such a s..t culture that they are so much on the nose it's not funny.
How many more games will Liam Scott be gifted? I'm sure Lehmann now has a long term deal as well so Tim can keep looking after his mates!!
No wonder we've been last the past 5 seasons and been crap for a long time and you still have the same people in charge. Unfortunately I fear the new CEO will be hoodwinked by Nielsen as well.
Rant over!!
by Minimum Chips
Tue May 10, 2022 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear a whisper from a mate who knows someone from TTG that Nick Winter may be heading back there?
by Minimum Chips
Mon May 30, 2022 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Australian tour of Sri Lanka

In case anyone is interested, here's the link for the Aus A v SL A game currently in play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOLrg4YxOjI
by Minimum Chips
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Agar a dickhead?

I don't know him personally but have heard otherwise from other players

I suppose it depends on who you talk to :?
by Minimum Chips
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20, 2022 World Cup

On ya bike Captain Woke!!
Captain Woke? ..... WTF does that mean?
Too busy being outraged about who sponsors the team and their worthiness - all the while happy to take the cashola from the IPL and their sponsors. I'm sure he doesn't drive a car fuelled by petrol or uses 100% renewables to plug his fridge in.
He lost me and a lot of people when he knifed JL.
by Minimum Chips
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

So far Seale and Roach have bowled well . They have clear plans in place and it's good to see. I like the look of Joseph, jus to see a giant West Indian bowler coming bounding in is a great site to see.
He was kissed by rose with that dismissal, should've been one bounce and over the cover boundary

:lol: He was never gonna survive unless he got a little crazy!!
by Minimum Chips
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:I'm very sorry to write this AE but I have good mail that Manenti is an absolute a..hole of a bloke. Very abusive toward teammates and staff and probably why he's at his 3rd state.

Consider yourself foe'd by AE now mate.

:(
by Minimum Chips
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

Armchair expert wrote:Harry shoving it up the h8rs

SA Footy favourite H Nielsen has just earned himself a 3-year contract extension!!!
by Minimum Chips
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

the signs arent good for Lyon, thought Murphy looks alot more dangerous.
where do the selectors go for the next Test if as expected we lack real penetration and variety, Murphy gets 6fa and Lyon gets 1/200

Really enjoyed Hayden getting stuck into Cummins . Alot of things have become a bit too hard for Pat lately, batting is certainly one of them, didnt want to be out there during the aussie summer when they gave him a few at the grill, looks like bowling in India is now too hard as well. bowled absolute pies and set the scene for the Test series in the opening over. Relieving him of the captaincy cant come quick enough
Poor old Captain Woke - probably too busy thinking about who the sponsors should be and their carbon footprint - all the while being very happy to sit up the pointy end of the plane!!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

All time choke by the Scorpions.
Needed 4 off the last over to win and lost 5 for 2!!
by Minimum Chips
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shield squad for the Redbacks last match of the season

NJ McAndrew
HJ Hunt
WA Agar
LA Pope
KR Smith
*J Lehmann
SH Johnson
+HJ Nielsen
JS Buckingham
NA McSweeney
D Drew
BA Manenti
LA Scott

Smith to replace Carder is a lock imo.

Playing X1: Henry Hunt, Kelvin Smith, Daniel Drew, Nathan McSweeney, Jake Lehmann (c), Liam Scott, Harry Nielsen (wk), Benjamin Manenti, Nathan McAndrew, Wesley Agar, Spencer Johnson

Yet another opportunity for Liam Scott!!! Gee - it would be nice if a young local player is given as many innings as this bloke.
by Minimum Chips
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Lehmann ton

SHOVE IT UP THE HATERS

:supz:

Give a bloke enough chances he's bound to eventually put in a good score. Just secured his contract for the next 2 years!!
by Minimum Chips
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Tim Paine has retired from first class cricket.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tim- ... et-1363925

Neilson to Tassie next year to keep ;)

...and Josh Phillipe to the Redbacks
by Minimum Chips
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vics 0.0
WA 0.8

I don't follow the shield cricket all that much.
Is it a points scenario in the final, or is it like the old days where the Vics need to win outright otherwise WA claim the title.
Bonus points only come into it if it's a draw - not like the old days where the home team only has to draw to win the title. It's the team with the most bonus points after their respective 1st innings only.
Batting side earns 0.1 point for every run they score over 200 within the first 100 overs they bat. Bowling side earns 0.1 bonus point for every wicket they take within the first 100 overs they bowl to the opposition.
Therefore, Victoria are on 0 at the moment as they have only batted 90 overs and are still under 200. Looking likely that they won't get any as they may not bat beyond 100 overs. WA in the box seat at the moment but Vic can get back into it if they can hang on with the bat for another 10 overs and score some runs beyond 200, and then bowl WA out under 200 in their 1st innings.
Should be much more clearer after WA have batted their 1st innings, although I think that if both sides are on 1 bonus point (i.e. both sides bowled out under 200 within 100 overs in their 1st innings), then I think it's the home side that is awarded the shield if a drawn game?
by Minimum Chips
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Absolute blockbuster match yesterday in the Women's 1st Grade Para Hills V West Torrens :o :shock:
Para Hills all out 33 but with a big percentage boost in bowling WT all out for 6!!
by Minimum Chips
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely they get to play for a flag in finals
Isn’t that why we play

Minor premier automatic
The premier if it’s not the minor premier goes up
If the minor premier is in the gf then the other gf participant

The division 1 teams that finish last and second last don’t get another chance stay up just because

The season will show that the top 3 or so in division 2 are competitive against all division 1 teams

Think there should be finals in Div 2. I think the top team goes thru to GF and 2nd vs 3rd play off for the other spot . Otherwise the top team could get sent in on a wet deck and game over, seems unfair.

Don't think top 3 teams in Div 2 be competitive, definitely Sturt, but Adelaide very young and couple of years away from being stronger, Prospect and Southerns are no good. Northerns as per usual look strong on paper but as per last decade or so it does not transfer onto the field. Will finish 2nd and go up in my opinion though.

I heard on the weekend that this is the case for this season. Minor Premier (probably Sturt) straight into the Div 2 GF and automatic promotion. 2 v 3 play off for other spot in GF (and promotion into Div 1). I believe there is some thought for the following season for this scenario (but stand corrected):
Div 1 - 8th placed team automatically relegated
Div 2 - Minor premier automatically promoted
Div 1 7th ranked team v Div 2 2nd ranked team (technically 10th ranked team) to play off for the other Div 1 place.
by Minimum Chips
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

JFM white ball only from now on

We literally have no options left!

Kelvin Smith - done
Daniel Drew - has to be dropped, has lost all confidence, LBW every innings
Jake Lehmann - past it three years ago, never again
JFM - white ball only as you say
Nielsen - terrible average for a keeper, sure he values his wicket and will stick around, but 10 off 70 balls every match is painful

Options:

Tom Kelly - is a white ball player too, will be picked next game but not the answer
Liam Scott - added to squad this match so will play also next match, but had so many chances and not up to this level
A few rookies who are not ready

Tim Nielsen stuffed up the balance of our squad , we have 9 pace bowlers who are all pretty handy, only needed about 6-7 and should have targeted two decent extra batters, or heaven forbid a decent back up keeper who can bat.
The blame can lay fairly and squarely at the Board (both current and past) and also Gillespie for not standing up to Nielsen and basically allowing him a free reign over everything. This is a poor indictment on how local talent has not been developed over the past 5-10 years. Yes we can all blame grade cricket but the talent has been there in amongst it. Papering over the cracks with short term fixes with recycled interstate failures. In fact the whole place has a poor culture, with players bullied, some ridiculed about their mental health, instances of a coach rocking up to training smelling of booze. No accountability whatsoever.
They need to start playing some of these younger players (e.g. Kelly, Brazell?) and give them as many innings as others have been gifted. If they're not good enough, at least we'll know. No idea if they are or not unless they get some game time to prove themselves (or otherwise)!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Kellaway absolutely plumb off Agar not given :evil:

Agreed - that was blatantly horrible by the umpire there.
Merlo just got out so it could/should have been 7 for.
by Minimum Chips
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Carey or Nielsen?

Go with both.
Carey can be the aggressor and Harry has shown he can play a few roles if needed this year.

Have heard it will be Brazell and Neilson opening.

Assume Conway misses out. Then probably Carder (unless JFM not fit).

Good luck to Brazell. TBH, he has done nothing to deserve this, and would imagine he will be delisted in two months time. Only survived this year as had two year contract. He is averaging 24.8 in Second X1 games this season which is normally where the selectors want you to make runs and in Grade cricket averaging 31.7 (and take out his only good innings of 103 and average drops to 19.8).

This may sound harsh, but reality is we are in bigger trouble than I thought if he is getting picked. Let's hope he makes a century now to prove me wrong!
I think young Thomas Kelly would be feeling a little confused as this is exactly what he has done, and he also went back and played for his club last weekend and peeled off a ton while I hear others chose not to play because they were feeling a little bit tired (bowlers excepted). Pretty harsh to get dropped after just one game when others get infinite opportunities. He'd be better off moving interstate, failing, and then be recruited back where he'd then be guaranteed every game for 2 years!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bradman Medal - phantom call.

Division 1:

Tom Andrews (PA) 31 votes
Kelvin Smith (WT) 26
Sam Kerber (Uni) 23
Will Bowering (GL) 21
Cam Valente (PA) 20

Division 2:

Thomas Kelly (ST) 24 votes
Suraj Rajesh (Adel) 20
Corey Kelly (ST) 19

Pretty close in the end :D

Tom Andrews and Kelvin Smith tie on 24 votes, from Will Bowering on 22 and Sam Kerber 21.

Thomas Kelly and Suraj Rajesh tie on 23 votes.

Alex Price from Sturt won her 2nd Rolton Medal easily.

NostraEaGLES - the medal whisperer! :lol:
by Minimum Chips
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |