Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Central V Crows

northerner wrote:Couple of youngsters to get their first games for the Dogs?

Falkenberg and Burton both named in the forward lines, Payne named across half back. Congratulations to all 3.
by Al22
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Roy is a giant of the SANFL. This will be as disciplined, respectful and considerate a change of coach as anyone could wish for.
by Al22
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17, Norwood v Central District

I can hardly believe it. We played attacking, entertaining footy for 4 quarters! I only saw it on the digital pass, but it looked like we played more man on man, rather than mostly trying to zone and guard space the way we have the last couple of seasons. Skills were good (sometimes excellent!) and we charged into the contested ball and mostly carried it with us. Best game by us for 2 years.
by Al22
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Norwood to win, then beat Port reserves next week. Karma that they should again have the heebee Jeebees over needing to beat the two sides they voted in.
by Al22
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Big Phil wrote:John Butcher back out at the Dogs, but possibly in a coaching capacity only?

Interesting. I always liked the way he played, well except for his kicking for goal. He was at the BLG grand final at Freeling with a few past and present CDFC players.
by Al22
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which League do Central District s play in. The team in the S.A.N.F.L. is called Central District. ;) Hahaha, wrong league I'm talking about the SanFULL[/quote]

I hate that term, it is still S.A.N.F.L. to me.[/quote]**** off back to you home then.[/quote]

I hate the SANFULL name too. Sounds too much like afl marketing bullshit. Had enough of that already.
by Al22
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boyd officially a Dog again
wow we are scraping the barrel just to get a signature. He was playing reserves wasn't he?

Welcome back Boydy!
Whatever his faults, he did win a premiership with us in 2010. Can't hold a grudge for 10 years. I'm very glad to have him back, and obviously the club is too.
by Al22
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 faviourites

Spargo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Looking at all the quality outs, Central could do a Bradbury!

They’ll struggle again, bugger all depth.
If the Dogs play finals this year I’ll buy a 2021 CDFC membership.

Noted and recorded.
by Al22
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Dutchy wrote:Now someone like Glenn should be put in the now vacant Chairmans role, can we only pray?

Crazy isn't it! We just want a chairperson of the sanfl commission to be someone who puts the sanfl first. Not too uch to ask, you would have thought.
by Al22
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Not sure where this actually fits. But if true it easy to see why blokes give away SANFL for the local league when you compare payments.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/aflw/caroline-wilson-why-the-afl-players-will-have-to-take-pay-cut-to-fund-aflw-ng-b881463678z?fbclid=IwAR0TZOz4CUzrbV57HL1wVRpwQu3Xj84YiRshZ7L-vLTvh4v0WPboayYFdE8

A ressies player if he plays all season may receive $1800 less the cost of function tickets and at some clubs training attire. A bottom end league player at $400 a game may get $7200 for a season. Season being 18 Game and 9 to 10 months work. Not 8 games and 4 months the whinging females put in.. It is almost criminal the fact they the blokes are extremely talented compared to the possibly under 16 standard females yet get peanuts.. The AFL wants the State leagues to cut back the salary caps.. AFL are certainly trying to kill off State leagues.

Could be a good fight to watch though if Gilligan an Co. attempt to cut payments of the men to fund a non performing financial basket case.
How ridiculous, if an sanfl player gets $7k a year (20 plus games) and an aflw gets $16k for 8 -10 games.
An average SANFL u16 side would beat an AFLW side by 10 goals and probably keep that side scoreless. It is ridiculous money. 15 minute 1/4 as well.

I support the sanflw and I think women's footy is a great thing. It provides women with the opportunities and benefits we all know come from playing footy. But it is not possible to justify the difference between sanfl men s league payments and Aflw payments. Bottom line, the afl needs to pay more for players it gets from state men's leagues. The way it is now, the afl is just exploiting the state leagues and all the efforts of the state league sponsors, members and volunteers.
by Al22
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Jus to seen that CDFC are live streaming the trials https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... a9LTaXjINI
by Al22
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

I think people will be sick of being indoors and watching tv by next season, so the SANFL crowds will grow quite significantly. Families at the footy, reserves and league still playing, but probably with a lower salary cap. Almost back to post WW2 recovery. It will also add interest if Port and Adelaide players are allocated to the 8 sides, but the loss of a dedicated Port side will be sad, even though I've hated them for 56 years. I was blissfully unaware of their existence for the prior 10 years. I've always admired Tim Ginever, although hate was also part of it when he was playing, but he's now one of the best SANFL commentators ever.
by Al22
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |