Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: ATCA

5-10k each for players is way of the mark
Correct in having great sponsors.
Having depth throughout all grades and a winning environment allows the club to back cricket in a lot more then most clubs. 40 meals on a Thursday 70 on a sat with a lot of players partners kids staying around the club.
We also have some brilliant lads in pope Bill Sando hilly sandercock That prepare our pitches centre square training and school saving the club thousands there.
Teamworkmakesthedreamwork.
We will field 4 strong teams again this season and make sure the club thrives in the meantime.
by Browny007
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle farm success has come from several different areas over the last 3 season.
Gordon definitely played his part but is not the only reason behind the clubs success. The committee works as hard as any to get the results. The players and supporters are loyal and attended several cricket shows throughout the season. The Bunnings bbq each off season can have upto 10-15 helpers in a day. They have fantastic sponsors.
I can’t see the standard dropping of because Chris has taking over as coach as the support from the committee players and supporters is to strong. It’s a very good club that will always recruit strongly.
From what I have seen and heard they are on par with most clubs on player payments incentives but I don’t think they would be top 5 in that department but they do offer a great family friendly club with good meals and some cracking functions that can play a role in signing players.
by Browny007
Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

A big cheers to the smosh lads who were out in numbers and really supported the kilburn club. Our bbq and canteen had a huge day with 7.5kg of pork sold on our pork and gravy rolls 7kg steaks got smashed. Just over 7kg of bacon well over 100 eggs plenty of snags.
On field smosh were just way to good in both grades but the game was played in good spirit and some of the best umpiring I have seen all year. Good luck to smosh for the season. There supporters are vocal and really do a good job getting behind there lads.
by Browny007
Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What would the player budget be at a top Div 1 club like Para Hills?
Spoc I’d imagine would be right up there chaminda eranga himself is asking for 12k
Para hills and Ingle farm top end players have been at the clubs for long periods of time and many play for little keeping the budget well down to what most would expect.
Ingle farm are brilliant off field with fund raising with the cricketers doing several Bunnings bbq, night at the dogs, 150-200 people to the last man standing and several other well attended function organised by popey and the lads.

I’d say there would be a couple around 30k mist around 15-20k
by Browny007
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Congrats to pooraka football club on winning the premiership and also to there supporters who really got behind there team in great numbers.
Lockleys winning the b and c grade premierships, you lads seem like a cracking group and supporters were right behind there players. Clubs are built on cultures and from what I seen lockleys has a fantastic one.
Kenilworth man that a tough day to earn the right to play off in 3 grand finals to pull up short in all off them would hurt. To there supporters and players good luck next season hopefully success comes.

Thanks to all the players for putting on a show and also a big thanks for keeping our change room in a pretty decent state. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the effort the kilburn footy club put into hosting the finals and really appreciated the support and had success in all area. Bars, canteen and the bbq all doing extremely well.

Cheers to all and good luck next season.
Go you chics 2022
by Browny007
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are all qualified for finals already so doesn't really matter.

I’ll explain it from my point of view as coach of port districts cricket club and how it come about.
Our a2 game was abandoned at 9am. No players were required to attend the game. At this stage we referred to rule c5.3 were it goes on to state no forfeit abandoned or byes cannot be used to qualify towards finals. So at this stage we are assuming the a2 game is no contest.

We have been hit hard with covid and injuries with O’Neil Thomas Thomas Davis Davis sheedy foster foster sarbjit Apram Mackay all being unavailable

This left us very short in both b grade and c grade. We named Darren Francis who has never train or played Kyle Baxter who never played cricket before and a under 15s player in the b grade. With apram being named a close contact the morning of the game he was a late out currently our leading wicket taker in our b grade.
In the c grade Brett Mackay was a late out with also being deemed a close contact with covid we named 2 players in there 60 in Stan Caldwell and Darren Grocke the other play to miss was tj Martin who hasn’t trained and moved to port Lincoln and has just returned to Adelaide he’s a single dad with 4 kids and gets his kids looked after to play.
So with these 8 players not being regulars and following what we believed to be the rules we were in our right to offer anyone not playing this round including the A grade players an opportunity to play with 8 players deserving to play rather then the 8 players who were only helping the club out.

I would not have played anyone from the selected A grade side to play lower if it meant a regular b or c grade player missed out as the last thing I want to do is upset anyone who is out to play cricket.

So in saying this at this stage Adelaide turf have deemed our players to have played in 2 games.
A Lennon from woody rec named in there b grade played A grade and was not changed last I checked on Monday night. Therefore he’s played in 2 games also.
There was 5 other games were there team was not uploaded on the Adelaide turf webpage and some off them are still not uploaded these games are declared a draw when in fact why are they not deemed a forfeit ???? What’s to say the players named for the club that haven’t named there team on the website haven’t gone and played in another grade after there game was abandoned.
by Browny007
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All Div A finals won by underdogs.
A2 and A3 games look like absolute crackers.

My lads port districts had an opportunity to nail the gf on the first day but failed to do so.
3-139 at tea. Irfan 41 poor shot to get out on. After tea to be bowled out for 228 with 2-3 more poor shot selections very frustrating to watch. We left 10 overs and we really should have posted 280. But fair play to hopevalley they set the fields well and bowled well.
Day two 228 I still thought we were ahead of the game but to hopevalley credit they dug in and really pushed our quicks to the point we were out on our feet. Having no irfan spinner hurt person reasons. Hopevalley had some luck early with a cut shot Knick caught behind not given when he was around 20 he went on to make a very good 69. But the umpires were very good and the blame goes onto us for not batting hopevalley out of the game when it was set up to do so.
Our 4 bowlers were superb we just come across a very very determined hopevalley that valued there wicket and played some great cricket.
The game was played in great spirit the crowd both days were passionate and it was a cracking game of cricket.
by Browny007
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port districts would like to thank the following players for there efforts and wish them all the best for the future.

Jordy Thomas has returned to port Adelaide. A huge loss for us and a cracking lad. With age on his side there plenty of great cricket ahead for Jordy.

Irfan raza. My little champion has returned to kilburn to play lo1.

Lovel well the kilburn faithful will be more then happy to see Lovell putting those gloves in his back pocket and clearing the club rooms.

Puri a champion bloke will be missed as he is keen to get back playing one day cricket with his mates.

To date our recruiting has been good but like all clubs very keen to add to our list.
by Browny007
Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |