Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: SANFL Clubs

The possibility of getting extra money from channel 7 to telecast games while the AFL isn't playing would be a key point i would've thought as Dutchy and gazzamagoo have mentioned. Still don't know how this is going to work with the AFL reserves sides this season, how do we manage them if we are a month ahead of the AFL. Can't have them fielding full strength sides in the SANFL in the meantime.
by topshelf
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do the crows pay any rent for West Lakes? Might be time for that to happen also.
by topshelf
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know what happened to the $71m that the SANFL got from selling Footy Park as per this article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/west-beaches/sanfl-sells-aami-stadium-at-west-lakes-for-71m-for-residential-housing-development/news-story/d7d31fa04eb6a62008d268047f026b1e

In particular what happened to the future fund for football in SA - it would certainly come in handy at the moment.

SANFL’s chairman John Olsen said the deal was “the final part of the transition process” to Adelaide Oval. “By securing an up-front payment of $10 million we have been able to extinguish our debt with the AFL, money we borrowed as part of the $16.25m we gave to Port Adelaide to keep the club viable ahead of the move to Adelaide Oval,” Mr Olsen said in a statement. “The rest of the money is critical to our future, not only in terms of further lowering our debt profile — which now stands at $45m including SANFL club debt — but also as a future fund for football in South Australia .”

This part annoys me more especially with some port people who claim they're hard down by from the SANFL.
by topshelf
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope you guys are right, hopefully the SANFL don't hand out more money to them or give them special treatment. 8 teams this year and beyond would be excellent :YMPRAY:
by topshelf
Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing that the SANFL clubs need all the exposure they can get but flog Fiacchi is on the back page of the Advertiser whinging that port should get their zones back, what a joke. Piss off flog. The sooner we get rid of them the better.
by topshelf
Mon May 04, 2020 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

You included in your reply things I didnt say and havent addressed the 100,000k question. Dont try and wiggle out of your comment and put it back on me.

Yes i think clubs could gain a thousand members due to being able to attend games this season, compared to playing at Adelaide Oval or suburban grounds and not being able to attend. It definitely wouldn't hurt clubs being able to retain members either.

You are losing us. Retention? Mate most members have retained their memberships regardless. I really am struggling with your comment.
Why aren't they members now ? If all the sudden they can go to AO how the hell would that make them a member ? If they go to SANFL footy they are crazy not to be a member. Tell me how many will sign up if they can only go to AO.?

How do you know most members have retained their memberships. You're not just struggling with my comment, you're struggling to think properly at all. Not every supporter is a member. When big crowds happen in the finals you now think all of those supporters are members but also according to you clubs don't have over a thousand. Did you forget that only members would be allowed to attend Adelaide Oval in the proposal. That's why the clubs could attract those supporters that want to attend as new members. You're obviously taking the piss.
by topshelf
Tue May 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 South v Glenelg

A lot of goals from some suspect free kicks all game to South but credit to them for the comeback, hopefully a lesson learned for our boys.
by topshelf
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

The umpiring was very average yesterday. The holding the ball or caught high decisions paid one way and not the other in the first half was noticeable but when you get totally smashed all over the ground, i couldn't really give a stuff about the umpiring, more the lack of hunger and desire for the contest from my team that is the problem. Not sure why you Eagles fans are saying it's sour grapes as Spargo has pointed out. Nobody is saying you didn't deserve the huge win you had. The Eagles are a very impressive side. Well done!
by topshelf
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Disgusting decision by the SANFL to reduce the salary cap to that amount, conveniently close to the same as the new hybrid VFL competition. Why wouldn't the VFL just included the crows and power reserves as well, what a joke. We don't need to take them back, the contract surely is void if the crows aren't paying the $400k and the power reserves provide nothing financially anyhow, so stuff them too. If the contract means we have to let them back in, then what happened this season? You can't just pick and choose when a contract matters or not. Covid was a legitimate excuse and if it's ok for them to break the contract and not play this season, guided by the AFL then it should also be perfectly fine for us to not let them back in until the salary cap goes back to what it was pre Covid. We keep having to bend over backwards to change things for them and the AFL, no way should we be letting them get any ex SANFL listed player that was contracted over the last 12 months and the leadership player should've never happened anyway. When will the people running our league show some balls and actually make decisions that will benefit it instead of pandering to the AFL and the reserves muppets. The league could be totally screwed if they stuff this up, it might be years before the increase the salary cap again and by that time the interest in the competition will be well and truly lost.
by topshelf
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

A little soft the changes to the afl reserves sides, that marquee player should be $10k and $250 max.

Crows must pay to play in our league or maybe they can split the payment with the power.

Can't allow all these mid season options to pick up players out of our league to go ahead, it was already a big enough joke with the mid season draft. Do we have any leadership that will stand up for our league, it's sad that the AFL really doesn't give a stuff about the state leagues.
by topshelf
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ferret wrote:What a load of garbage. You don't know anything. Put up or shut up. You wouldn't have a clue how the Eagles operate. What ex AFL player are we fitting in now??????

Relax, why so angry? Stengle is the player in question, if it happens. Very angry you lot, lucky not many of you around.
by topshelf
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey i don't know i'm just responding to a comment about our supporter base... which we all know is not large ...and hey maybe Glenelg have got a supporter base but they don't travel to Woodville...quite happy for any comments from Norwood Centrals and North fans

You probably have the smallest in the league.
Well I’d say your wrong if you include the afl teams . If their seconds sides are rubbish we get more fans .
But carry on

Will say one thing about Eagles fans tbough... they are loyal. Even with the success they have had over the last twenty years, they still have the smallest supporter base of any club (bar the Crows Ressies). All other clubs tend to have supporters come out of the woodwork when they have success, ourselves included.
Cheers

That's the worrying thing, they still can't get fans to attend even with success. Just poking a bit of fun anyway, seen as they seemed really angry the other day.
by topshelf
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think anyone has actually read, or understood, the article.

Do tell?

The part about " "Port feel a little unwanted, suggesting the AFL team's football department had lobbied to join the burgeoning national reserves"?

Or is it " when the SANFL goes out on a limb - unlike any other second-tier comp - with coming up with it's own rules that differ from the AFL's"? What like a 25 metre penalty that's been in for so long. Or the last touch out of bounds, which was done from my understanding at the decree of the AFL. Or is it not implementing the stand on the mark rule. Seriously, what a pathetic whinge. The SANFL doesn't exist to support the AFL teams!

Or are we not understanding when " Koch was scathing of the eight SANFL member clubs and the league in general, saying "the idea is to rig the competition to make the AFL clubs as least competitive as possible - but still close enough that their supporters come and financially help the SANFL" Coming from the scabs saved by the SANFL, when they keep losing money. This statement is so idiotic on so many levels. For "f&*( sake their reserves have made three grand finals in a competition rigged for them. So sick of their crap, just piss off out of our league, so we don't have to deal with them.

Is it time the SANFL sanctioned PA for bagging it. There must be a code of conduct for member clubs.

No chance port would ever pay up, they don't now. Turning into a joke of a club, always have been whingers but how ungrateful can you be. Would be great if they piss off, they can take the whinging to the VFL and get a similar response. Laughable.
by topshelf
Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Should have a game played at the bay next time. Needs a fastrack on the oval upgrade though. Norwood is a good location but two games is one too many.
by topshelf
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Should have a game played at the bay next time. Needs a fastrack on the oval upgrade though. Norwood is a good location but two games is one too many.
Geezus, the Bay isn't even up for SANFL games! :shock:

Lol, best place to watch footy in the state apart from Adelaide Oval. A bit of an upgrade needed but Glenelg is a great location, similar to Norwood :D
by topshelf
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

I know im talking a much smaller scale but many on here including myself have said for years now that the SANFL should try a 'round 1' quadruple header at AO to start the season and generate buzz for the comp.

This kind of 'event' should be on the SANFL agenda with the success of the AFL's Gather Round and demand for 'carnival of football' event.

They've missed a trick as usual.

I agree, throw a heap of free tickets out there like they did this weekend and really sell it as an event that happens once a year. Could be worth a shot. I personally love it when we play at Adelaide Oval.
by topshelf
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 15 STURT VS EAGLES WIGAN OVAL SATURDAY 29TH JULY 2:10

Biglands isn’t great as a commentator. Normally seems like he’s got an agenda against one team and spends too much time complaining about umpiring. Definitely don’t think he should be doing Eagles games at a minimum.
by topshelf
Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 17 EAGLES VS BAYS MAUGHAN THIEM OVAL SAT 19TH AUG 2:1

A case of deja vu watching this. Didn't work hard enough, poor skills and slow decision making. Lackadaisical really. Umpiring was terrible. Hopefully that was a wake up call and we don't put in the same shit performance when it counts, who knows with us.
by topshelf
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Preliminary Final - Sturt v Crowserves

Could see it being over 40k if Sturt win, under 30k if the Crows do IMO.
by topshelf
Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Personally I think minor finals should stay at Adelaide Oval. Players love it, atmosphere isn’t too bad with the stands blocked off. Wouldn’t be good to play at Adelaide Oval for the GF without playing at all before BUT the league should be doing a lot more to try to get more people to games IMO. Try something different, free or extra tickets to club members, would be a good reward to keep people signing up each year. Try to get the kids to come out I know they get in for free but give them another incentive, enough room on the hill to create something to bring them and then there parents along. Properly advertise it at the schools. I thought three of the sides had good support on Sunday, if another real SANFL club was playing could’ve been another 2k anyway The long gap between games wouldn’t have helped people thinking about sticking around for the second game either. The league doesn’t do that much promoting, need to sell it more IMO as well.
by topshelf
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Second Semi Final - Glenelg v Crowserves

The 6th flag for tigers appears to be on its way to the bay if so only 25 to go until you catch us… ;)

You sound like the guy I bumped into on the way to the ground yesterday. You've won five since 1990, hardly a dominant force & most of your flags are from the early 1900's ;)

Since 1990

Centrals 9
Port 6
Eagles 5
Norwood 5
Sturt 3
Glenelg & North 2
Westies 1

Would be good to see South win one IMO.
by topshelf
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Grand Final, Glenelg v Sturt

Well done Glenelg - best team all year.
When presenting the Premiership Medals did the announcer (can't recall her name) call up Connor McLeod who didn't play in the League game but played Reserves???

They read out all of our emergency players :shock: Sound system didn't even work on our side, couldn't hear a thing.
by topshelf
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Brett Turner listed as out now, five of our best gone. Hopefully plenty more recruits to come, should have a ton of money left in the salary cap.
by topshelf
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port acting like the spoilt toddler stamping his feet because they aren't winning. Look forward to them achieving nothing in the AFL and VFL reserves, i'm sure they will come up with a way of shifting the blame when that happens too.

Here is another idea - Carnival style double of even quadruple headers twice a year at Adelaide Oval, one home and one away country game and we get back to 18.

Anything without the afl reserves sides in it will be an improvement. Hopefully the league doesn't drop the ball and miss out on being a bit innovative with programming and just trying a few different things out.
by topshelf
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |