Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

Should call him Chokeovic after those last two points.
by Zorro
Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Hinkley has nothing on this bloke
:lol: :lol: IN TEARS!! Literally laughed out loud in the office haha!

"Kicking Goals?! KICKING GOALS?! That's gonna win us a lot of bloody Grand Finals now isnt it!" :lol:

What's the movie called

Australian Rules http://www.palacefilms.com.au/australianrules/

Great film, certainly not a comedy although that scene is pretty funny.
by Zorro
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

saintal wrote:Shame it was on so late. :(

Tell me about it I'm buggered this morning!

Shades of the PooPoo's demolition of Sampras at the Oz open, let's hope the kid has better people around him and can go on with his career without appearing on Washed Up Tennis Star wants a Wife.
by Zorro
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

Do we really need to measure these guys on the 'tough-o-meter' and compare the length of their light sabres? WGAF!

Dangerfield plays hard, gets hurt often and doesn't appear to hide it well. End of thread.
by Zorro
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Tippett's tips.....keep your hands up when you're boxing.

Catch ya next time.
by Zorro
Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sliding doors

Well played benny.
by Zorro
Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

serious question - do you guys feel like your opinions were ignored? Or that they were heard but dismissed?
At the Glenelg "members information night" Chiggy's line was very much that I have made MY decision. We made it very clear to him what we felt in the meeting and also at the bar after the meeting but it was obvious that there was nothing we could have said that would have changed his mind.

PS I know this is a sample size of 1, but I went to 95% of Glenelg games between 2000 and 2013, and I have been to zero since then. It's got to a point where I don't always even know on a Saturday night if Glenelg has played yet or not that weekend, I've just lost all interest.

Make that a sample size of 2, this pretty much sums my situation up as well.
by Zorro
Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Not that i watch alot of games but i get the feeling Port are right in the middle of what Hinkley has acheived so far, the firs year they definitely over achieved and then this year horribly under achieved. Personally i would think they probably have the list of 5-7 side.
Hinkleys first year was 2013, Geelong knocked them out in the finals. I think they had a good season, wouldn't say they over achieved, if that's even possible.

Yeah i would have him down as

2013- par to maybe slightly above par
2014- exceptional / over acheived
2015- extremly dissapointing / under achevied
by Zorro
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Wednesday - Patrick Dangerfield

Dangerfield is overrated ;)
by Zorro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Some would say you can't 'replace' Dangerfield and you probably can't, but getting B Crouch fit is a big piece of the puzzle.
by Zorro
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Brodlach wrote:Insurance in case Hardwick gets sacked during the season?

Leppa as insurance? That's like laying down a concrete slab incase you fall off a ladder.
by Zorro
Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7

Jim05 wrote:Zaharakis still the only bloke to get games for a gut punch

At least he didn't get games for a 'jab' ;)
by Zorro
Tue May 23, 2017 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

JK wrote:Be ironic if Burton kicks the Hawks only goal

Ouch and lol at the same time
by Zorro
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 and the dangly bits that hang off it

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:So nice to have a day game in Adelaide for a change!

31°....bewdiful.

Power boardies and thongs?

Mankini

Baaaaaalllllll !!!!!!
by Zorro
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Career change

I made the transition from permanent FT employment and a good salary a couple of years back to starting a business doing what I love. I'm nearly 42 now.

It's hard work of course but I have no regrets and work feels less like 'work' when you're passionate about it. Part of what I do now is helping others to make change happen, which is more psychological than anything else to be honest. Feel free to PM me if I can help out in any way.
by Zorro
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Selecting Finch to open the batting in test cricket is a classic case of setting someone up to fail. I don't blame Finch, I actually feel sorry for him. I blame the ridiculous decision at the selection table.
by Zorro
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Warnie should consider himself lucky the same assumptions weren't made about him after one test (and figures of 1/150).
by Zorro
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

So turns out Dunstall is chairing the external group with Pavlich and a couple of others, and Fagan to be involved as requested.

What would they have to pay Pavlich and Dunstall to carry out this review?
What would their interest be in making the Crows better? May as well have got Kane Cornes to do it, now that would be a review :D

They are paying them whatever they have to for them to tell them what they want to hear ;)

Consultancy 101 - borrow the client's watch and tell them the time ;)
by Zorro
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Grenville wrote:Unplayable, how f**ken good was that nut.

Agree. Terrible from Burns but a tighter technique only has him out lbw instead.
by Zorro
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Burns and Wade to open FFS!
Smith should have the pads on when he goes out for the coin toss

Be like under 10's when you look across and the whole team is padded up.

Yep helmets on, sitting on the boundary rope.
by Zorro
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazon Prime

mickey wrote:
JK wrote:Rather than start a new thread, figured I'd ask here. Anyone gotten into Ted Lasso on AppleTV?
Finished both seasons, absolutely fantastic

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yeah same here, loved it. Funny and with great character development at the same time.
by Zorro
Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Australian tour of Sri Lanka

Dickwella is like one of those keepers in club cricket who misses the genuine chances and then appeals every time he gloves one cleanly as a result.
by Zorro
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Australian tour of Sri Lanka

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:That's real bad FFS

I don't care whose fault it was, Smith can't be carrying on like that.

Putting your hand up to say no, not calling and then taking off and stopping doesn't exactly send signals you're committing to a run. Then you shake your head like it's your partners fault. FFS.
by Zorro
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:In another cruel blow Polec has been ruled out for the rest of 2022. Good news though, he's contracted for 2023.

What did he cost you to bring him in from Brisbane?

https://www.draftguru.com.au/trades/2013-jared-polec
by Zorro
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20, 2022 World Cup

I think David has to make way for Green moving forward, unless David, Marsh, Maxwell or Stoinis can start the innings with Warner.

We need a left/right opening pair and Finch looks like a fat pissed uncle trying slog the kids out the park.

Why don’t cricketers tuck their shirts in? Finch’s shirt was way too big on him and it was untucked, a terrible look

:lol: :lol: that first session after Xmas lunch...."don't bowl there son"
by Zorro
Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Ginnivan suspended for 2 matches for illicit drug use.

Ginnivan was caught high?
by Zorro
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

Brodlach wrote:He reminds me of Adam Saliba

More Gary McIntosh I reckon.
by Zorro
Mon May 15, 2023 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Hostile Ashes crowd ‘worse than bikies and killers’

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/journalist-danielle-gusmaroli-reveals-shockings-things-witnessed-during-the-third-ashes-test/news-story/058cb52beeff2bbc57be074cc0096e30

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Paywall

Journalist Danielle Gusmaroli has covered riots, been teargassed and interviewed rapists, murderers and bikies, yet what she witnessed at the third Ashes test shook her. Read what happened

I’m not easily upset.

I’ve covered G8 summit riots and been tear-gassed and water-cannoned.

I have interviewed rapists, murderers and bikies, who have revealed unspeakable things to me.

I pride myself on my thick skin.

Yet after spending three days in Headingley’s Western Terrace — infamous for its raucousness and often violence — I concede I felt unnerved and intimidated.

The Barmy Army’s long standing default of labelling Australia cheats, even before Jonny Bairstow’s controversial stumping in the second Ashes Test at Lord’s, did not faze me.

But even Wonder Woman has her kryptonite.

The tipping point in the west side of Leeds ground that has hosted test cricket since 1899 came when the Barmy Army described an Aussie player — who I will not name — a “sex offender, a sex offender, a sex offender …”

Played on loop like an only-hits radio station, it was trolling at its nastiest and most litigious.

Yes, we all expect digs and jibes from impassioned supporters but this was next level.

Projectiles flew from the stands and the crowd hurled more abuse.

“Your mother takes it up the a***,” was one catch cry, targeted at a different Australian player.

“Travis gives good h**d,” they then spewed in a play on the middle-order batsman’s surname.

And “paedo” was hurled at another.

The worst behaviour I witnessed was on day three, after the game was delayed by nearly six hours because of rain.

Fans had returned from the pub, where they had killed time, glassy-eyed and unsteady on their feet for the start of play.

England fan Gareth Fare, 32, from north east Leicestershire, bleated “cheating Aussie bastards,” at players from the terrace front row before police ejected him from the stadium.

“Who have I offended?” he asked.

One of the three officers told him to apologise to the fans and leave.

“I apologised to the fans but I’m not saying sorry to the players — they’re out and out cheats,” he said, referring to the Bairstow incident.

He returned for the final day, stooping lower by ordering his friends to find as many cheating “Aussie bastards” as they could so they could call them a bunch of ‘wallaby shits’.

Let’s not forget, this came after England had won the third Test, at a time when they should be celebrating.

Earlier, former Australian skipper Steve Smith’s apparent pleas to the crowd to stop the pile-on fell on deaf ears.

Despite pressing his palms together, as if in prayer, the Barmy Army chanted “you’re no longer the captain,” in reference to the “sandpaper” cheating scandal in South Africa.

The language was caustic at times but it was more the aggression and venom with which it was delivered that offended.

I am British. These are me countrymen. It was shameful.

Former Australian cricket captain Kim Hughes, 69, told me at Leeds, “cricket fans have become more like football hooligans,” before chasing down a fan who asked him “is that your mistress you old c**t?
by Zorro
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |