Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Nice to do a bit better in Newcastle than our last game there.
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

MW wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Yeah Bec needs to eat pies and drink beer for a while.
Too many sharp edges for mine ;)

Reckon she'd complain through the whole thing too

You've had that feedback before?
by Booney
Wed May 06, 2020 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Spiderman wrote:Eagles 14 take your bias somewhere else please honestly mate
We don’t need it, you are a has been and always will be. Blokes with one arm have played higher grade cricket then you keep your mouth shut cheers

Have another beer mate :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20, 2022 World Cup

I think David has to make way for Green moving forward, unless David, Marsh, Maxwell or Stoinis can start the innings with Warner.

We need a left/right opening pair and Finch looks like a fat pissed uncle trying slog the kids out the park.

Why don’t cricketers tuck their shirts in? Finch’s shirt was way too big on him and it was untucked, a terrible look

:lol: :lol: that first session after Xmas lunch...."don't bowl there son"

Now go and get your uncle another beer
by amber_fluid
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

Zorro wrote:
Brodlach wrote:He reminds me of Adam Saliba

More Gary McIntosh I reckon.

I was thinking Clayton Lamb.
Half forward, reasonable height and build, long left-footer.
Can't recall how much Lamb used to get into the tough stuff though, which Pedlar seems to love.
by FlyingHigh
Mon May 15, 2023 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

Zorro wrote:
Brodlach wrote:He reminds me of Adam Saliba

More Gary McIntosh I reckon.

Haven't seen a 30 metre bullet handball yet but he does have a bit of Macca about him.
by tigerpie
Mon May 15, 2023 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

I think Adelaide media and some supporters need to calm down a little, only won one of our last three.

I disagree, playing some exciting football and bar some lapses in concentration should have beaten GWS and Collingwood and be 7-2.

I keep hearing about "the kids", yes Soligo, Rachele, Thilthorpe, Michalanney etc are quality on the rise but it's the likes of Hinge, Murphy, Milera, Jones, McHenry, Murray, Sholl, Butts all at that 30-70 game mark that means, in AFL terms anyway, you're not a "kid" anymore and they're the ones who are keeping spuds like Himmelberg, Schoenberg, McAdam, Hately out the side. That's where the real growth for Adelaide has been.
by Booney
Tue May 16, 2023 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Neser for Murphy
Green for Warner (lets see if Green playing purely as a batter sees him increase his form)

Khawaja
Head
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Green
Carey
Neser
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood

I like the 11, but I would make the batting order this:

Khawaja
Green
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Marsh
Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Hazelwood.
by Corona Man
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

Some useless/interesting stats ahead of this round:

Gold Coast have won the previous 2 encounters at the SCG
Carlton have lost 8 in a row to Melbourne, have not beaten them since round 22 2016
This is the first time since 2015 that Adelaide have played Brisbane twice in the same minor round
NM have not beaten Essendon since Round 8 2016, 9 in a row since then to the Bombers.
GWS lead Port 3-2 at Adelaide Oval
In all games since 1980, Geelong lead Collingwood 37-36
Freo v WC have played 10 times at Optus, WC won the first 6 in a row and Freo have won the last 4.
WB have won 5 of last 6 games vs Hawthorn, but Hawks lead WB 4-2 in games played in Tassie
Last 6 games between Richmond and StK are 3-3, but Richmond have won 6 of the last 9 games at Docklands v StK.

Ben Cunnington debuted for North, coached by Brad Scott in round 5, 2010 against Hawthorn, coached by Alistair Clarkson.
His final game tomorrow, he will be coached by Alistair Clarkson & the opposition will be coached by Brad Scott.
by Spargo
Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 23-24

Even Robbie Williams has jumped on the Ange wagon.
Come on everyone, you know you want to. ;)

(Quick, before Spurs start their mandatory crash) :lol:

As a long suffering Spurs fan, I'd recommend staying off our bandwagon, it's held together with loose screws. :D
Should have come to the Ark last Sat night when the Adelaide OzSpurs caught up to watch the game. Was a good time, I made sure I went to that one as it's the one Oz friendly time we get for quite a while.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Whilst I am by no stretch the best poster on this site but there were some seriously poor form post on Saturday night. which quite rightly got called out

My take

Port were always farting against thunder this weekend given there injuries and recent form line compared to GWS

Boak deserves another year given his game on the weekend

GWS were extremely good around the contest but I think Collingwood have the midfield depth to cover that this Friday

Dixon looks cooked after a 12 year career bashing and crashing as a key forward.

Port have some serious deficiencies down back, up forward and n ruck that they need to address and IMO may have to give up some silverware to fix those gaps.

Genuinely feel for the decent Port blokes on here who love their club and and are emotionally invested as I am with Port as I am with teh Bays.
by am Bays
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

It’s a shame that many compare our sides rather than just appreciate them. That Australian team from 1999-2004 is probably the greatest Test side that has collectively ever played the game. In fairness it was the best Test innings ever played at Eden Gardens in 2001 that left that debate somewhat open. The opposition was littered with all time greats at that level during that era and it’s going to be a very long time (If ever) some team comes close to that standard. Right now we are a very good side who have an absolute elite bowling line up. To have a side that comes close to the 99-04 standard is borderline impossible with todays cricketing schedule and priorities.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |