Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

hearing an announcement on pubs and clubs re opening is imminent

Hopefully all good news Still keep hearing that July 1st is the date and that there will be strict restrictions in place. Wonder if that will be brought forward now?

I think we are going to go outside the Federal Government due time our lack of cases Sounds encouraging.
Wonder what restrictions will be put on pubs and clubs and will be interesting if SA’s rules are a tad lighter than what other states have to deal with

Early June start would make sense as by then fingers crossed we would be well beyond the 28 days since last infection.
Most amateur clubs and their players should be working towards a june start and keeping themselves fit and ready to go.
It is not necessary to have 4-5 weeks training prior at community footy level as even during a normal season plenty of blokes turn up 2 weeks prior to the season run a couple of laps and put their name up to play.
by football tragic
Tue May 05, 2020 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Why is everyone stating a July start date
If season goes ahead and get voted in by clubs Mid June start IMO
by football tragic
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.
by football tragic
Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Fingers crossed - hopefully you are on the money football tragic and footy can buck the trend and we still get a competition in this year.

Netball was unfortunately never going to proceed as this would effect of the crowds to watch the football
I was told weeks ago netball wouldn't proceed
NSW now allowing 50 into pubs which is closed environment our season will be a definite with spectators
We are 6 weeks away from first game life will look a lot like normal by then.
by football tragic
Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

I hope anyone who is calling for the season to be cancelled are only talking about Senior sides? Let the kids play!!

This could be a great leveller for the competition and see which club has built loyalty and not just used a major sponsor to win a flag.
Could be the most satisfying year to win a GF.
by football tragic
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't really blame the league here. They asked last week for a response from clubs and a list of questions. Going by the list of questions it's written as if only 1 club had any. Kudos to that club!

The league should have been a lot more organised and followed the lead of a professionally run organisation like the SAAFL which is now governed by the SANFL. It could have been voted on 4-5 weeks ago subject to restrictions easing if clubs would be participating....now its nothing more than a shambles in which most clubs have lost interest and so have the playing groups who will lose faith in the league moving forward and venture to rival amateur clubs in the north who are playing In 2020.
by football tragic
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A huge disappointment in Balaklava's announcement not to participate in the season, but respected.

Maybe an earlier decision from the APFL directors, could have given clubs more time to prepare? who knows.
Plenty more to play out yet IMO.

The league should have not given them a week to now decide
there has been plenty of time to make a call on it
in or out???
by football tragic
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Any trial games in Div 5 over the weekend?
by football tragic
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Some interesting games this week
Can Elizabeth keep their winning form
Gepps with a big challenge to stay in the top 5 or slip to 2-3 with a game vs Lockleys
by football tragic
Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Oldboy1 wrote:Any truth to the rumours that Elizabeths A grade coach and multiple players have left? Have been caught getting paid under the table?

Would very much doubt the under the table was happening
Have heard 10-12 players have left though
by football tragic
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |