Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

I reckon both Hectorville and St Pauls fee they are good enough to play D5. I heard that Hectorville were pushing to get into D5 before Rosewater and Smithfield troubles. And St Pauls have been pretty ambitious from the start when they first started up again in 15 they were trying to start in D6.

We would jump at the chance to go up I'd imagine. Won the premiership in both A's and B's (B's two in a row) so have the depth to be competitive.
by Hector
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

scottroo wrote:Rosewater down and Smithfield to C5

Welcome heccies

Hello :D

We are looking forward to the challenge, especially Lockleys Round 1
by Hector
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Div 5 Tipping Comp 2021

ROUND 5
Salisbury 1-30
Kenilworth 61+
Hectorville 1-30
Lockleys 31-60

Still in the building, stuck in the elevator
by Hector
Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

You've possibly mis-read the document luv (or maybe not at all ;) )

Correct. I relied on the information I was reading on here. Didn't realise the forum would be filled with incomplete information and slight mistruths ;)
by Hector
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

I'm the ressies coach at Flinders. So I had an unbiased view having played both Centrals and Brahma.
Centrals were obviously upset last week as expected but this week they were mingling with the Flinders fans and just having a good day.
Brahma were ridiculous. Walking through our group flipping us off. Chanting "F***ing Brahma to div 6" .
Come back through swearing their heads off to the point our fans with kids left early because it was just disgusting. WAGS yelling to Flinders players if they tackle their boyfriend they'll bash the F*** out of them. So gross.
I wasn't sold on Centrals culture improving until yesterday. Unlucky result but amazing backflip.
Their culture is definitely heading in a positive direction. Brahma is still Brahma unfortunately. Can play footy though..

They should know this won't happen. Brahma will request to stay in Div 7 as per their usual post GF victory tradition
by Hector
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Word around the pubs a lot of clubs struggling to get numbers to train. Could some fold or just have 1 a grade team big worries for some? Time will tell
Smithies pushing shit up hill I’m hearing.
Bloody tough market to rebuild in after an exile, especially when your main drawing power players have signed up the hill.
Also when you throw the covid curveball into it.

It's week 1 of preseason, high 30's earlier in the week, Covid flying around. Don't think this will be just a Div 7 issue
by Hector
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Heard correct. We asked before Christmas break.
Considering where we finished we wouldn’t be able to compete in 5 and also needing to go through a rebuild.

As per the new system it says we are D6. But will clarify with the league this week.

Unsure about who goes up though… can’t help you there. all I heard was the teams for possible nominations to go up said no on the basis they “weren’t ready” to make that move up.
That’s not 100% fact though, just what I heard.
But by your own clubs admission you’re the “most financially stable D6 club” you have apparently good infrastructure, you are “extremely ambitious”, you openly want to discuss player incentives and you’ve made no secret of a desire to “climb back up the grades”.. add in a comment about not giving up all your players to a rival club as rumoured.

Doesn’t sound like a rebuild to me, sounds like you want to play D6 to win a cheap flag so you can strut around like a peacock.

Correct. Why would you ever ask to go down? And if given an opportunity, why would you not go up? You might have a tough season but who knows what will happen, especially this year. Of all seasons for strange results to happen, this is going to be it
by Hector
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:So from a very strong sauce mark garner to head to eastern park

Tabasco?
by Hector
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eastern park v Trinity apparently called off in last quarter due to fights last night?

Lol there wasn’t any fights

Game called off with 4 minutes to go due to an EP player getting knocked out cold in a marking contest, while we only had 16 players left playing mind you lol we were still keen to play but pointless really

Trinity also has a lad go down 10mins into the last with a suspected broken ankle? Probably their best player to

Bit of heat in the game as they had a bloke running around with a swinging arm, hit 3 different players in a 10 minute period and acted like he didn’t know what he was doing.. then he got one back and it was the end of the world, trinity coach is an absolute wanker I might add also!

All in all, was a good hit out considering EP were missing 11 of their starting 21 due to cricket finals today, but still got up by about 3 goals in the end! Trinity should go well in Div 6

So no fights, just blokes swinging punches at each other?
by Hector
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

If only there were less games in the season, say 14, so there was some wriggle room to reschedule some matches if necessary. Might have alleviated some of this "confusion".

Pulteney have done the right thing, Hope Valley the unfortunate opponent. Won't be the last across the league either. But it's what clubs voted on, can't go blaming the league/other clubs when this situation was almost a certainty to occur which is why the league put it out to a vote.
by Hector
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My understanding is that they applied for a permit for a bloke to play B grade on week 1 of finals. Rememberng their A grade didn't play week 1. Permit was granted on condition the bloke didn't play A grade week 2. This may seem unusual but it's happened before and is based on the rationale that if the A grade played that week and he was currently in your best available 22 then he wouldn't be playing B grade. Even if permit is granted then you can always make the decision to keep him out the B grade. But Lockleys have played him week 1 in B grade but somehow have decided to play him in the A grade last week despite what appears to be a clear permit condition not to do so.

Apologies if I have this wrong but that's what I've heard has unfolded. Just not sure how the communication between coach and club officials has broken down for this to occur.
What sort of a permit restricts a player going UP a grade when all 3 teams are in the finals anyway?

I guess when you play Round 18 in the A’s and the A Grade team has bye in the first finals round you need a permit. Not sure why he would have been needed for the B’s though. In saying that the permits we got were very clear about players grades they were allowed to play in future rounds.

I have seen many people sticking the boots in on other social media, I feel for the footy director that is a volunteer and has made an error. It’s a big thing to happen to the club but imagine how he feels. Matt’s a good bloke.

How did Hectorville get wind of the permit issue?

After speaking with some Hectorville people......Hectorville raised the issue Friday afternoon before week 1 of finals after the coaches had done their thing and looked at the named opposition side. With Lockleys A grade effectively having a bye, they questioned why 2 Lockleys players were named in the B grade teams to play Hectorville B grade despite having played more A grade than B grade throughout the season. The player in question had played 10 A grade and 6 B grade - not even close to being 50/50. The response Hectorville received was that the player in question had been given a special permit that said he could only play B grade for the entirety of the finals series. Lockleys won by a goal. The player in question kicked 1 goal that game. The next week, the player was named in the A's to play against Hectorville again. Hectorville management put through a query Friday afternoon again but didnt get a response until after the game had been played. It was more so the B grade game week 1 of finals that they were questioning but ultimately it is the A grade teams that have benefited/been penalised.
by Hector
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Fox Cricket mentioned Wednesday that we only needed a one draw from our four games to make the final

Incorrect if SL win the series 2-0 in NZ we would need either 2 draws or 1 win.

Any other result than a 2-0 win to Sri Lanka and our results don’t matter we are through.

Including this test we have 5 remaining as the India series is a 4 test series. I’m guessing they made the mistake of doing the math on a three test series in India

Either way we should go through, I wouldn’t put it past us to lose 4-0 but doubt Sri Lanka can win two test in NZ. You're all over it Whufc, love it!

I just really enjoy the WTC and genuinely believe it does have relevance and removed dead rubbers.

Not sure the top 2 one off test at lords is the best answer for a final (imagine a packed aussie ground or Indian ground for the final) but I don’t really have a better solution…..maybe 3 test series, top team gets two home test, away team gets 1, understanding fixture congestion.

Agreed. I think it's a good concept. Keeps me informed with how other nations are going as well, I've found myself watching/looking up results more often because of it. Don't think a one-off test is the answer but don't have a better solution either.
by Hector
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People who stand still on an escalator when they have the capacity to still walk up/down
by Hector
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Would it better at this stage that instead of a Reserves side that the second team fits into its own division? Makes programming a bit more difficult but would allow for more competitive matches.
by Hector
Mon May 01, 2023 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

When do you start charging your kids board and how much do you charge?

My plan is....

Charge them roughly 10% of their wage towards our board.

Reason 1......teach them to live within their means in preparation for when they do move out. 10% is enough to teach responsibility, not let them live outside of their means but also allow them to be young and have fun with friends.

2. I will be putting their 10% board away in a savings account without them knowing, when the time is right, they will have access to that money.

I read something that said this was a good way of doing it and teaching financial skills to young people. They suggested having three jars/accounts - spend, save, share. A proportion of their wage/pocket money goes into each one. Spend is what they can spend immediately. Save is what they put away and share is board/donations/contributions to family activities
by Hector
Tue May 02, 2023 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

Van Rooyen decision upheld

just come out and say you want players to pull out of contests Gil

What a farce.

I really can't watch this competition any more.

Remember when Jon Brown got knocked out running back with the flight? What would happen now - the pack who hit him would get 3 weeks each!?

While I don't agree with these decisions, I can't really blame the AFL too much. There are a number of past players taking action for concussion/head injuries and it's long term effects. The AFL has to do something and at the moment that something is any action that causes a head injury is being penalised. It's perhaps a bit over the top but this reaction was always going to happen once past players started blaming the AFL for long term head injuries sustained while playing. Like the standing the mark or running in protected zone rules, I think it will settle eventually at a reasonable position.
by Hector
Tue May 09, 2023 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

I don't think sacking Simpson is the way to go.
The bloke can coach and knows how to build a team.
Give him a fit squad and he'd get results.

That squad needs de-cluttering and bolstering still, they’ve done what so many teams before them have and held on to former stars well past their used by date.

Simpson has coached WC for about 10 years for 2 GFs, 1 flag. So he has the credentials. For me, it depends what role he has had in the list development and if the fitness staff are his people. They've failed to make tough decisions and now it's too late.

Simpson himself though may have missed the boat last season, not sure how many clubs will have a change of coach after this season. Dew at GC the only coach that has had a lengthy opportunity with no results. If Carlton don't make the 8 there will be pressure on Voss but he'll get another. On the other hand, with 3 clubs going with recycled coaches last season, maybe there isn't a lot of new coaching talent about at the moment.
by Hector
Mon May 15, 2023 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Good to see the afl are serious about head high hits. :roll:
He tried to knock his block off.
They could have made an example of him here but they’re weak as piss.

Deliberate action after ball had left opponents possession that resulted in concussion. Exactly what the AFL want to stamp out.

I'm sick of seeing comments on social media about how the game has gone "soft". I don't think anyone without footy/sporting experience would last 2 minutes on a field and even us amateurs would struggle to take some of the legal hits/tackles for more than a quarter.
by Hector
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

Only a minor thing but really didn’t like our guys walking off before the review was completed.
10 minutes ain’t much time to take a dump, have a quick shower and prepare to face the new ball, any time gained is imperative.
Australian Cricketers are the tallest of poppys.

Nah we don’t like petulant cricketers…

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12899460/frustrated-pat-cummins-has-a-shocker-against-india

This group of cricketers will make history for being Australia’s most unlikable test side ever .

Khawaja, Head and Boland would be three of the most likeable players in recent times I would have thought. And I've only ever heard good things about Carey and Green.
by Hector
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Gee we were lucky Wood and Woakes didn’t play in the first two tests, throw Archer in there and their bowling stocks look very healthy. Fitness permitting Woakes and Wood will surely play in the forth and fifth tests and it'll be interesting to see if Broad will be rested at some stage. Tongue was unlucky to be dropped and is probably next in as there's no way England can select Anderson again especially after the performance of Woakes in this match but I feel as though England may give Anderson his swan song at Old Trafford.
I still don't think we will see Archer play test cricket again.

England 0/27 at stumps, need 224 to win.
Some lusty hitting from Head, 77 (112) has given Aus a chance.

If England win this match I don't think Anderson will come back. They need to win all 3 matches to reclaim the Ashes. If we win another or draw then they probably will for the last. Wood is only a short spell bowler but Wood, Woakes, Broad, Tongue is a lot more formidable than including Anderson and Robinson.

I think we are a bit short but Stokes is the key. If we actually have a plan when we bowl to him then we might have a chance.
by Hector
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Power captain having to pose holding the Showdown trophy for media commitments when he's not even in the team!

Go Crows!
by Hector
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

100% agree, terrible by the advertiser.
Balak have actually made a great choice by banning this lad, nobody wants this in their club with kids around.
Poor form by the Advertiser but on the flip side, I think it gives Balaklava FC plenty of kudos from the broader community.

Hopefully the club is supporting the lad in some way though. It' the right decision to ban him, no one wants drugs in their club or community. If he is a local lad and not receiving support and just ostracized instead, I can't see him learning and having a positive future outcome. But maybe he has already had warnings and this was the final straw.
by Hector
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

In the Reserves today:
Curtin 18 touches 10 marks
Dowling 32 touches, 190cm mid
Nankervis 25 touches
Strachan 28 hitouts
Parnell 20 touches

They all have to play next week. Gollant as well. Surely it's time to make changes.
by Hector
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

About to head into day 3 of the second test.

Sri Lanka 531
One of the most interesting innings I have seen on paper for a while
0 centuries
6 half centuries
3 run outs
Only 6 extras in 159 overs (4 byes, 2 leg byes)

Bangladesh 1/55
by Hector
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |