Search found 30 matches

Return

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

LMAO don’t know whether to laugh or cry… pretty much sums up my season - definitely ranks in weirdest apologies :lol:
570CF863-4DC5-4D88-8EFC-9765BB56BE11.jpeg
by The Bedge
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Longest Finals / Premiership Droughts

Is there somewhere pre-2013 season records are kept? The current website only goes back to 2013. Yes mate, try here- https://adelaidefootyleague.teamapp.com/custom_pages/7473-navigation-history?_detail=v1

Go to 'Decades' for a report from each year for each division.
Go 'Clubs' under the Club & Team topic and/or 'Games Played' under the Player topic for a breakdown of individual games played.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just trying to stay loyal and not move to another club and parachute into some success.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:Wrong thread, but I suspect COVID zero will be the approach until the next Federal election. Too much political risk if it escalates in the mean time. Following the election the band aid will be ripped off.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's COVID zero?

Sugar Free Covid.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hector wrote:@ The Bedge....what is Hope Valley's BBQ like?

It’s not bad, get there holy grail burger if they have it.

Chips and gravy is a winner also.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

What a load of crap.

"An Adelaide Footy League club has set itself up for a major turnaround in 2022 as it battles to move back up to division five."

So the club who asked to go down is now faces the "major task of getting the club promoted from division six.".. umm you could've just stayed in D5.

"Preseason has looked positive for the Hawks, and with the season fast-approaching players had bought in on the process of turning the club around."

Well no shit, you dropped a division FFS..

Can't believe you get sort of article, you poor **** must've been tough taking the easy option out. :roll:
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

exactly the same way 1st ball of each innings, both before tea
by no_remorse28
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

A grade was declared a forfeit and all points awarded to Hope Valley.

This is the shit that annoys me, so many posts on here that are uneducated or haven’t been fact checked.. just serves to do more damage to a clubs brand.

So your “silly forfeit rule” doesn’t exist.

As I’ve previously posted, the league are taking some pretty thorough measures to maintain the integrity of the comp and/or results impacted by covid.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

p.s if you were so well advanced you would’ve taken the offer to go D5, instead of peacocking around D6 “being roughened up”. ;)
by The Bedge
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Thanks Hector, good clear response.
by Brodlach
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** sakes now I’m conflicted.. I wanna take the Mickey out of West Croydon but I’m gonna have to go for them next week coz my hatred for Trinity trumps all! :lol:
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

I too miss the matches between the touring side and the state teams prior to the first Test. When I was a teenager the touring team often arrived in Adelaide in late October and then played SA, VIC, NSW and QLD in the 4 weeks leading up to the first Test at the Gabba - so all members of the touring party played generally 2-3 games. Meanwhile the Australian players were playing at least 3 Shield games for their respective states as well - so there were no excuses for any players in either side involved in the 1st Test to be rusty or out of form. So there was a huge build up in excitement by the time we got to late November for the Gabba Test, especially if the touring team had beaten the state teams in their tour matches along the way. These days the touring team is ripe to be slaughtered at the Gabba due to no sensible preparation at all as players are involved in meaningless T20s or ODI around the world through November and jet into Brisbane seemingly 5 minutes before the 1st Test coin toss. No wonder Warney always cleaned up at the Gabba !!
by rd
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2022-23

G MEN!!!
by whufc
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8

I remember booing the shit out of Dermott Brereton at footy park in 88.
Along with 45000 other SA fans.
That had no racial overtones whatsoever.
And I don't think Buddy's has either.
I'm still of the view that the majority of the fans weren't booing Goodes because he wasn't white.

Booing Dermott in a State game is a bit different. Booing Ginnivan who gained a rep for staging is different. Richmond fans booing Stewart this week because he took Prestia out last season, is different. Booing a player that is having a shot for goal happens at every ground.

Constantly booing Buddy in general play is bewildering, never seen it before.

Edit your post re Goodes or delete entirely.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue May 09, 2023 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

Nestle. Multinational giant corporation that drains the water table in poor nations to sell bottlded water to those that can afford it in local communities. Got no money, TS, you drink muddy crap and die. Get ****** Nestle. Been boycotting them for months.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 ICC World Test Championship Final

all test match series' need to be a min of 3 tests.
The final should be the Test Championship series of 3 tests

Agree 1 test inconclusive
India have beaten Australia the last 4 test series between the nations

They won the toss, had the best bowling conditions and lost by 200 runs. How conclusive do you want it mally? :D

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Booney wrote::lol:

They play for PAOC don’t they?
I swear I’ve seen their names on their team sheets
by amber_fluid
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

I don't like the idea of a "wildcard round" but anything is better than the current "pre finals bye" which I think kills the momentum of the season.
by Armchair expert
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

I’m trying to decipher who has written what? @-) @-)
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Congratulations to the Hectorville women on a strong season. Deserved winners.

When women's footy was first introduced, Hectorville decided not to enter a team straight away but develop junior teams first. This method seems to be paying off. The team is generally quite young and they have been playing together for some time now with a steady influx of new players coming up every year. Looking forward to a bigger and more competitive competition next season.

Good luck to those in the GF's next weekend.

Wise decision in the end. I was involved with Heccies in the 90's and they had a strong women's program back then, so it's great to see them win the GF some 30 years later - PS. I can't recall if they won one back in the 90's so apologies if they did. Onwards and upwards!

last flag won by hectorville was in 1994 in the old SAWFL days
by Bluedemon
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What's happening on the corner of Lower North East Rd and Awoonga Ave, opposite the reservoir? Drove past and all the trees have been chopped down. Found Giant pine scale in them which is a massive bio security risk. The bugs suck the sap from pines and could wipe out the pine industry if it gets out.
by Jim05
Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Might not win the flag but Kingsley is coach of the year for mine, I genuinely thought they would be bottom 4 (insert broken record jokes here)
by Armchair expert
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

On this day 1923 Vegemite went on the shelves in Australia
Raise the bat Vegemite
by mal
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

The D6 & D7 forums in November & December are always an early Christmas present for SA Footy enthusiasts.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Is it time for Carey to be replaced by Inglis?

Taking away our SA bias, think it should happen the way things are panning out :shock:

You're dreaming. Taking away my SA bias, Carey is the best glovesman in the country and his batting average is better than most keepers

Where there is smoke, there is fire!

When Robert Craddock writes his article in the paper this morning you know he is in trouble. He is like Carolyn Wilson with AFL and gets all the inside goss.

You cant argue with his batting average of 15 in last five Tests.

I get you are all SA Bias on here but facts dont lie. He is under the pump big time to make runs in Sydney!

I did read that article. But I'll stand by my you're dreaming comment. Inglis isn't even the next best. And if he is, we're struggling for keepers. He averaged less than 20 in the World Cup and his glovework doesn't even compare.

Good to see Pakistan putting up a bit of a fight this morning. Will keep the rest of today and hopefully the next few days interesting.

I dont get the love for Inglis either. Personally would go Pierson if making a change. Agree nothing going to happen in 2024 as not many Tests.
by Eagles2014
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

Hector wrote:Does Mycricket still exist? Is there a way of looking at match results from previous seasons (pre 2022)?

Yes it does, the app is called play cricket now though, you can still access this seasons stuff too
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The annual merry go round is so incredibly tiresome.

From those who celebrate Australia Day with flags and capes and lamb bbq's to those who want the date changed to those who hurt on the day.

Change the date. Let's all celebrate.
by Booney
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

What's the biggest 4th inning target that's ever been set?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/england-tour-of-west-indies-1929-30-61749/west-indies-vs-england-4th-test-62579/full-scorecard

That would have been a timeless test though

Under current rules I think this is it 660
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/sri-lanka-in-nz-2018-19-1153832/new-zealand-vs-sri-lanka-2nd-test-1153839/full-scorecard
by Armchair expert
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/nz-vs-aus-2023-24-stats-carey-second-to-gilchrist-new-zealand-s-first-home-series-defeat-since-2017-1424439

13- Consecutive Test series without a defeat for New Zealand at home before losing to Australia. New Zealand's last series defeat was in a three-match series against South Africa in March 2017. New Zealand played 13 two-match Test series at home between the two series defeats, winning in ten while another three ended in a draw.

210- Runs scored by the Australia batters at No.6 and lower during the fourth innings. These are the most by any team's No.6 and lower batters in a successful fourth-innings chase, surpassing the 190 by Sri Lanka against Zimbabwe in 2017.

7- Consecutive Test wins for Australia against New Zealand in New Zealand. It is the joint-second longest winning streak against the home team in Test cricket. England won each of their first eight Tests in South Africa between 1889 and 1899, while New Zealand also won their recent seven Tests in Zimbabwe (since 2000).

15-1- Australia's win-loss record while chasing a target against New Zealand in Test cricket. The 2011 Hobart Test was the only time Australia lost while chasing against New Zealand in Tests. The 279-run chase in Christchurch is now the highest that Australia chased successfully against New Zealand.

247- Runs scored by Australia after the fall of the fourth wicket in the chase. These are the third-most runs scored by any team after losing their fourth wicket in a successful fourth-innings chase in Test cricket. The previous highest for Australia was 244 against Pakistan in the 1999 Hobart Test, where they were 125 for 4 in a 369-run chase.

98*- Alex Carey's score in the Christchurch chase is the second-highest by a wicketkeeper in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests. Adam Gilchrist's unbeaten 149 against Pakistan in 1999 in Hobart is the highest.

140- Partnership runs between Mitchell Marsh and Carey is the third-highest in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests for the sixth or lower wicket. The highest is 238 between Justin Langer and Gilchrist for the sixth wicket against Pakistan in 1999.

2- Individual scores by No.7 or lower batters in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests higher than Carey's 98 not out in Christchurch. Gilchrist's 149 not out against Pakistan came while batting at No.7, while Gilbert Jessop scored 104, also at No.7 against Australia in 1902 at The Oval.

3- Instances of Australia successfully chasing a target of 250-plus runs since 2008. During this period, Australia lost chasing 250-plus targets on 25 occasions, while another four ended in a draw. Johannesburg 2011 (310), Birmingham 2023 (281) and Christchurch 2024 (279) are those wins. Pat Cummins hit a boundary to close the chase in all three instances.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |