Search found 289 matches

Return

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Munn's talent/ability has never been questioned. If centrals can get him motivated/fit he will be more than handy at this level.

Never been questioned?

In his last stint at League level, over 8 games he averaged 0.3 goals, 6.1 touches and 2.9 hit outs as a key forward.

Massively over hyped IMO.

Good luck with that! :lol: :lol:

He was named in Sturt's best players 6 times in his final season, 2019.
He also scored 9 goals in the National Under 18s Championship.

Never before have I seen such an attack on a new young recruit from supporters of his old club.
There sure seems to be quite a lot of upset that he left his old club.
Hasn't got anything to do with him leaving Sturt 3 years ago

Just ask the Unley Jets and Old Ignatians what they think of his attitude and application. Big money and zero effort
by Shortman
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Brodlach wrote:That’s the only benefit of being married, means I don’t have to buy everyone’s gifts :lol:

Best part of being a Dad is finding out what you got the kids on Xmas Day as they unwrap them.
by Booney
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Considering the WAFL named a 34-man squad prior to ANZAC Day, and we've only named a squad 11 days out, it's fair to say the WAFL are taking this more seriously at the moment.

How many training sessions are the SA team going to be having together? 3? 4?

Will have the same trainings they always have, and always get the win.

Said this couple of months ago, but what a ridiculous time to play the game, around 3pm on a Friday at Adelaide Oval with nobody watching. Will really inspire the players, what a disgrace!
^ this. The game has been made inaccessible to those who might care, in order to expose the game to an audience which does not give a stuff. I note the further irony in having part-time players suit up during business hours while the full time professionals play later.
by Pseudo
Tue May 09, 2023 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Executive Member wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Any idea how last nights meeting went?

SAFootballer would know

Surprised they haven't copy and pasted it as yet
by Bluedemon
Thu May 18, 2023 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

This crop of U18’s from SA is quite possibly the worst we have produced in a long time.
by Jim05
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

PlayHQ.com > search adelaide footy league > season 2023 > look at women grades.

**** off with your constant posting of fixtures and results, no one cares. Everyone can read the fixtures and results for themselves on the website.
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Must be a worry for the SFL Board. The same five clubs playing finals in the A’s and B’s and four of those in the C’s. Three of them in the U 17.5 finals.
Perhaps the player point system requires a review if not a complete overhaul. As a side note and of interest Porties finished sixth in those four grades. Or look at it the other way, all 9 clubs have at least two teams playing finals across all grades.

More significantly if you look closer, the 4 teams not in the senior finals all have junior Saturday teams in finals, two of those clubs minor premiers and another with a 2nd and a 3rd.

The tide can change very quickly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dingy havent won a game in 15 and 17.5 s and only jave 13 s in finals with a losing record
Sfl dont give a shit should jave the strongest near city league with the population growth but is clearly the wrost by many measures

Aldinga have performed better this year than Port Noarlunga did last year
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Congrats to the Dogs with an upset win in the 16s to win the flag.
Watched it live

This game was the poster child for how a group of kids of who play “we” club footy (spread support system) beat a bunch of me college individual kids

Sturts goals came by and large from individual free lance footy

Central paint the fence spread to move the ball systemically via the wings was exceptional

Three examples stood out

Centrals 3rd goal in the 1st qtr came from
Millar sitting 40 m out in front and took the Sturt dump out from defence easy chest mark -Sturt ball watching hanging wide for easy kick

3rd qtr Centrals midfielders hold their width for the outside lateral corridor release chain chain goal

4th qtr 3 Individual Sturt players chase the loose ball 20 m out from their goal. Two could easily have spread from the easy loose ball get but no they chase the stat, Sturt player dumps it out, last clear disposal , Sturt moves off the mark rather than waiting for the play on call 25 m luckily Dogs player only kicks a point.

College footy creating dumb “me” footballers since cocky was an egg

Yes I know central had college kids and not all Sturt kids are at college either but the reality is Norwood, Bays, North and Sturt have more college kids in their programs than the other four and by Christ it stood out today.
by am Bays
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

I thought he was going to be a quality player that’s why I said he was a disappointing recruit

After years spent in elite pathways systems, and 5 years on an AFL list, his kicking is still horrible. Wouldn't be many top 20 picks that don't get an offer past their initial 2 year deal, like happened to him at GWS. There's a reason the Crows got him for nothing.

That being said, he'll be a great SANFL player, like Tom Lewis, Casey Voss, Jimmy Rowe, and like Tsitas was for the Eagles. Some players just aren't AFL types, no matter how hard they want it.

What I've seen of him he's a slow thinker, doesn't act quickly with ball in hand and gets caught or put under pressure a lot.
by Booney
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow 23 - who wins it

You don't need to change the award, just reconsider it's standing against others.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Surely Tom Lewis is a definite to go? I really didnt realise how good he is til the back end of this season.

I just don't get the "Lewis for AFL" hype.

He's not quick, is short, and tackles. How that's applicable to the modern AFL game is beyond me. Tsitas is a better version, and he can't get a game at the Suns.

He's a gun SANFL player, and there's no shame in that.

Hardly short at 178cm and strongly built. Finds the footy in close, and uses it well. All of those attributes place him ahead of plenty who have been drafted before him.
I wouldnt say "uses it well"

Uses it OK.... but he's very slow and at his size youve either gotta be quick or use the ball really well.

I'd be surprised if he got picked up
by Shortman
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lewis's disposal efficiency is 58% according to sanfl website, nowhere near afl standard
by stampy
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

HOW F*CKING GOOD WAS THAT! PANTHERS ARE PREMIERS AGAIN!
by Booney
Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

I still can’t get over that last 25 minutes by Cleary, I can’t recall a better performance from a half in a GF, WOW

Line break for Leota to score.

40/20 in the next play to get territory and set up the Crichton try, nails a tough kick from the sideline.

Takes the Reynolds drop out on the full to get a 20 restart and again command the territory.

Breaks the line and scores himself.

No Yeo inside. No Luai outside.

1 man dictated to 25 others what happened in the last 25 minutes of a Grand Final. Amazing.
by Booney
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

How about if you don't know shit about the Oliver story you shut up about it? Heard from a mate, STFU.
by Booney
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Another postseason choke by Atlanta :evil:
Imagine changing a winning line up when it counts the most :shock: :roll:
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Any player wanting to change clubs goes into a draft, held immediately at the conclusion of the AFL draft, live streamed on the SA Footballer Facebook page. Clubs are ranked in reverse order from Div 7-1 (e.g Hackham #1 pick, PAOC last). Players can nominate what they wish to be paid, clubs can decide if willing to pay and pick players accordingly until no players left in draft pool.

Can I grab a kilo of you?

Thanks
by carey
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wenchbarwer wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:Dogs sign Kai Pudney from WWT. Any good?

Good player. I believe he will thrive on the expanses of Elizabeth.
May also learn a new trade.

Hitting targets by foot?

yes he will!
Better coaching will do that.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

While she deserves the highest honor I think the GF BOG is the one that it should be.

The league MVP/Brownlow probably needs more time to have a name on it, the GF BOG could happen right away though. IMO.
by Booney
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
Lets face it with this blokes alleged tank and his competitiveness. If he could hit targets he wouldnt be playing SANFL.

Kick goes up. Kick goes down.
by Booney
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Would bet the house that eastern park absolutely mauls everyone this year. Absolutely quality signings that are not only absolute guns but good blokes to play with and have a beer with after, to go with all the resigned players from last year and ones that left from the year before. Put everything on black that Chris Knapp will take them all the way and win the association medal, you’ve heard it here first.
Absolutely.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

From Grant and Emma Stevens.
by Booney
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Commissioner is a class act.
by dedja
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:**** that was hard to read!

Not too proud to admit there's no dry eyes here mate.

Absolutely, still shaking now. You always put yourself in the parents position when you have kids around similar age, just cant imagine coping at all.
by Eagles2014
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** that was hard to read!
by amber_fluid
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:**** that was hard to read!

Not too proud to admit there's no dry eyes here mate.
by Booney
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Last night’s AFL Draft goes to show how far the SANFL Under 16’s and Under 18’s competitions are falling behind.
Our SANFL teams would get embarrassed if we had to play against any Coates Talent League clubs (Under 18’s National League with Murray Bushrangers etc).

SALARY CAP:
Read a great article in the paper on the weekend and I would have to agree…
The SANFL would have to be the only sport competition in the World that hasn’t put their Salary Cap back to Pre-Covid level, in fact it should actually be higher now than it was before COVID due to inflation.
by Bag & Sledge
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Divers wrote:Will all there succees flaggies cant hold into there coaches

Where has Kirkwood gone?

Retired (Family priorities).
by King
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.

What I find most unfathomable, is that at some stage in the near future, that poor man is going to have to go back to work and keep reporting these statistics, as if nothing had happened.

It would be very easy for him to throw his hands in the air and this point and say "I give up" and just quietly, you wouldn't blame him if he did, after losing his own child to the very cause he's been fighting against for the last 10 years in the top job

I think he’ll retire.

I drive past his home at least twice a day and they are getting heaps of support. Even a flower tribute that neighbours keep adding to at their front gate. I look everyday and my heart still skips a beat.

I have seen Grant thousands of times gardening, washing the car etc and, never realised it was him.
by Brodlach
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got boys around Charlie's age, and that letter could have been written about any of them. A few tears were shed here as well, I can't imagine how tough the Stevens family are doing it at the moment.

What I find most unfathomable, is that at some stage in the near future, that poor man is going to have to go back to work and keep reporting these statistics, as if nothing had happened.

It would be very easy for him to throw his hands in the air and this point and say "I give up" and just quietly, you wouldn't blame him if he did, after losing his own child to the very cause he's been fighting against for the last 10 years in the top job
by Footy Chick
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get the feeling that his sense of duty runs so deep he'll be back leading SAPOL in due course. He was just reappointed for a new term seeing him through as commissioner to July 2028.

Having said that, if he walks away from public duty he would do so with nothing but the best wishes of everyone in SA.
by Booney
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

locky801 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Hope it buckets down tonight and tomorrow afternoon so I can get out of junior cricket and have a night off! :lol:

supposed to be very wet tomorrow

That’s what she said
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFLW is classic example that people don't go to watch the standard otherwise Div1 ammo football would get bigger crowds than the AFLW.

Look overseas to the english football / college gridiron football greater standard does not always reflect attendances if you have another selling point or historical relevance. Look at cricket often BBL games can get bigger attendances than an Aussie t20.

Marketing, marketing, marketing, affordability is the only way to attract new generations of supporters. The standard is never going to be that of the AFL so they cant try and attract fans based on the standard.

Standard will only be a deciding factor for the casual, the SANFL wont survive of casuals. The SANFL needs to somehow attract the next bunch of die hards which looks pretty hard at the moment unless your family is ingrained into SANFL football.

First step is they need to go super hard at getting into the schools as much as possible. My 12 year old daughter goes to a northern suburbs school and she has seen Port Power players attend more than the one time in 7 years of school she has seen Centrals. Naturally she takes more an interest in the Power and the players that she has met and seen. If it wasn't for me she would have a clue who Centrals are and lets be real why would she..... how would she know unless a parent takes her.

She has parent monitered social media, she watches netflix, disney etc so would never see a channel 7 game or the news with highlights is on, none of us buy the advertiser so she isnt seeing the articles there. There aren't posters around Elizabeth with Centrals on them really. She asks which team it is whenever we drive past the ground but thats about it. They simply don't exist in her world.
by whufc
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

Haines from south Ad to dizzies
Gavin shepherd gone to angaston

Haines is a great get. Always impressed me when i saw him play at South. I felt he was underrated externally. Probably not by South though.

This certainly adds to their depth and quality but another 4 points attached to him. Maybe i have missed it but hasn't the talk been that Scotty Lycett was heading there. If that is the case there is another 4.

A points conundrum has been mentioned but they played the Elim Final last year on 14 points. You can take 6 points off in 2024. That makes 8 plus 8 = 16. I reckon one of their under 18s might get some game time for developmental reasons and whiz bang there your points is sorted and a pretty handy top end to support the good kids coming through.

Fair to say they will be in the mix if this does play out.

I thought Haines was a Dizzies junior?

Waikerie, went to South because his father and grand father played there.
by Booney
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Integrate SANFLW into the comp possibly the replace the reserves.

You had me up until this point. This is what the VFL did and it killed their comp.
You lose the pathway from U18 to League with no reserves. How do you transition to playing against decent men's teams without it?
As far as costs go, most weren't getting paid during the COVID years either, so costs would be minimal. A lot of clubs encourage or insist senior players get sponsorship as well, so you lose that income straight away.

The rest of your points are valid, but removing the ressies in favour of the SANFL would be a fast track to failure.

I dont disagree with what you're saying it was just an idea.

How do you transition to playing against decent men's teams without it?

I guess my theory was based on players making the step up from playing country/ammos to playing SANFL league now as top up players.

Any way the main point Im trying to convey is there is plenty the league could do when unencumbered with the afl teams.
by UK Fan
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Name: Austin Harris
Height: 178cm
Weight: 73kg
Position: Small Utility

Austin Harris joins the Roosters for season 2024 after spending the last 2 seasons in Essendon’s VFL program. Austin is originally from Cairns and came through the Gold Coast Suns Academy. Austin was an All-Australian through his junior years and has played at VFL level with both the Gold Coast and Essendon. Austin is quick over the ground, and has the versatility to play forward, midfield, and defence. He has some x-factor and uses the ball well when in possession. Is there another Austin Harris out there?
The one who played with us was legitimately one of the worst players I’ve seen at VFL level and didn’t get more than about 5 touches in any of the 4 or 5 games he played and then he disappeared by about round 10 never to be seen again
by Jim05
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I know it’s petty but when people use the alarm tone as their ringtone on their phone, it’s just not right!!
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

The judge says, “Please tell me why you’re seeking a divorce.”
John says, “Because I live in a two-story house.”
The judge says, “What kind of a reason is that? What’s the matter with a two-story house?”
John says, “I’ll tell you what the matter is. One story is ‘I have a headache’ and the other story is ‘It’s that time of the month.’”
by locky801
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.

The bartender looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck."

"I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.

"And you can talk!" exclaims the bartender.

"I see your ears are working, too," says the duck. "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"

"Certainly, sorry about that" says the bartender as he pours the duck a pint. "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing around this way?"

"I'm working on the building site across the road," explains the duck. "I'm a plasterer."

The flabbergasted bartender cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.

So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.

The same thing happens for two weeks.

Then one day the circus comes to town.

The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the bartender says to him:

"You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"

"Sounds marvelous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. "Get him to give me a call."

So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the bartender says, "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."

"I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck. "Where is it?"

"At the circus," says the bartender.

"The circus?" repeats the duck.

"That's right," replies the bartender.

"The circus?" the duck asks again. "With the big TENT?"

"Yeah!" the bartender replies.

"With all the animals who live in CAGES, and performers who live in CARAVANS?" says the duck.

"Of course," the bartender replies.

"And the tent has CANVAS sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck.

"That's right!" says the bartender.

The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says: "What the f..k would they want with a plasterer???"
by OnSong
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drove past Salisbury training last night. Lucky to have 20 blokes and most looked about 15 years old. Long year ahead.
It's **** November..

We started last night, but it's optional sessions pre-xmas once a week. We certainly aren't phased if we get 2, 20 or 200 out - really up to the players who are keen.

Seasons are so long as it is, yet every year feels like clubs want to make them even longer just to keep up / match everyone else.

Pre-xmas is largely a waste of time IMO... most blokes in this level are only gonna go on a 2 week bender over xmas / NYE anyway.
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drove past Salisbury training last night. Lucky to have 20 blokes and most looked about 15 years old. Long year ahead.
It's **** November..

We started last night, but it's optional sessions pre-xmas once a week. We certainly aren't phased if we get 2, 20 or 200 out - really up to the players who are keen.

Seasons are so long as it is, yet every year feels like clubs want to make them even longer just to keep up / match everyone else.

Pre-xmas is largely a waste of time IMO... most blokes in this level are only gonna go on a 2 week bender over xmas / NYE anyway.

Agreed 100%. Flaggies have won 7 of the last 8 flags n the SFL, if you have a look at their session numbers at the moment they'd barely have more than a dozen.

if this was March, then Salisbury would be up the proverbial without a paddle

we are the same. Won 6 out of the last 7 years (playing in 7 straight GF's).

We don't start pre season until mid/late January once everyone has had a mini break after harvest. Even then we will probably train with 10-15 people up until Feb. Whilst teams like North Clare, South Clare will get 40 a session right now and then nothing coming June.

100% of our pre season is done with the balls as including warm up / down laps. On average we can normally smash 7-8 kms in 60 minutes to the dot with nothing but ball work working on ball movement, structures, decision making, competitve work etc.

For us our 'fit blokes' are generally training 4-5 nights a week anyway on their own personal fitness goals. We had 4 blokes go and run the Sydney marathon 7 days after winning the premiership this year and not finishing drinking until Wednesday ;) :lol:
by whufc
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh God, not another one of those loons, just what we need! :roll:
by Wedgie
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I pass on our sincere condolences to Dutchy who lost his Mum last week.

Dutchy, from all of us on here mate you and your family are in our thoughts.

( I have asked for his approval before posting this as a matter of respect )
by Booney
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Charlie Steven’s funeral.
Just watching snippets of it now.

Couldn’t watch more than 5 seconds of Grants speech. Really hit home with kids simular age
by Brodlach
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

@Spargo and Anne Moran
by dedja
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Obviously won't be completely smooth sailing but cancers out = fantastic opportunity for the SANFL.
They now have a fantastic marketing opportunity.

What changes are you making, just some suggestions not all logistically do-able:

-8 teams, top 4, 3 week finals series, I'm keeping finals at AO. Probably going with 21 game season playing each team 3 times....probably have preferred less games however.

-Grand Final to move back to the October long weekend Sunday. Could even be a Saturday hey??

-Lower the entrance price. I understand this has a flow on effect with memberships prices etc but i think it has to happen.

-Me personally i am opening the season with a gather round style day at AO. Free entry for all, carnival atmosphere, lots and lots for the kids to do, including meet and greet with players etc. Make it as interactive as possible. Surely if we can have a kick to kick on AO after a game we could get permission to let supporters onto AO for the quarter time huddles etc. Clubs to have membership marquees on the day etc.

-Every club must play one home game in their country zone.

-Could there be the potential to have u/16's , u/18's, reserves, league play at the same ground on the same day. More chance these families, players, friends etc will come and then stay on to watch other games. Yes the ovals will get smashed on the day but they will also get weekends with no footy on them.

-Crazier idea but could the SANFL offer a bonus premiership point for teams who score over 100pts in a game. Incentivize attacking football, keep games interesting to the final siren. If you are playing. Would also push the clubs to make sure their grounds don't end up as bog heaps.

-Another crazy idea and somewhat stolen from the AFL/NFL, but would you have a mid-season trade period. That way you might stop fringe reserve blokes who leave in June to country teams as they could get another SANFL crack. Would get some media exposure as well you would imagine.

Anyway just thoughts as i sit in a lecture style zoom meeting. :lol:
by whufc
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL is way bigger than just the mens comp. They run football at every level in the state and therefore will not live nor die over one comp.

The AFL pays for the travel and accommodation of all the sides in the VFL comp.
by DOC
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In 2013 is was "critical" for the Crows and Port to have stand alone teams in the SANFL, we have always been their plaything, nothing more.

The comp since 2013 has been heavily compromised -

> Prioritising development over winning
> Players playing limited game time, even in finals
> Crows not having home games
> Top up players not up to SANFL league standard (remember when earning a league game was special?)
> Fixture needing to fit in with AFL requirements = reduced flexibility
> Injuries heavily impacting their performance

Now is the chance for the comp to be the genuine 2nd best comp in the land, decisions made from here will be critical, a real opportunity presents itself.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |