Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

. All clubs are asked when going to Mofflin to make sure the change room door is closed due it being so close to the road. The worst thing is Junior bags being stolen from other clubs earlier in the day.
If as the home club you identify a risk with the changerooms, then you should be taking greater measures to mitigate the risk - not just tell the opposition to close the door.

Also not sure junior bags being stolen is “worse” - it’s certainly just as bad, but I imagine the stuff in an adults bag is far more valuable and more difficult to replace than a kids bag.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Handful of games if he punched a player, sure. But he didn't.
You may be right but as a player if that is the punishment handed down it says runners aren't untouchable.
If you're willing to sit out a month you can give em one when they're mouthing off.
Which most runners do. Can't hear but my guess thats exactly what happened here.
A month? Well you'd think he would be looking at 6-8 at a minimum - it's deliberate high contact, impact to be decided.. more than a month.

Not that I want to sound like i'm defending Kershaw either coz he's always been a grub , but what did the runner think was gonna happen running up getting in his face? Nothing good can come from it.

^^^^^^ This...…………….same on a cricket field.

To be honest though I wouldn't be fussed if a rule existed that if an umpires hears a runner direct any words at an opposition player they are automatically sent off and the team has to play without a runner.

I don't buy into the its all part of the game. You are a runner, your job is to run a message to your team and then get the **** of the oval. Aussie rules being one of only few sports where this even exists.

If they want the privilege of being out there send your message and don't say a single word to the opposition, be a player if you want to yap off. One of my biggest pet hates in aussie rules.
I loved some verbal by-play with opposition runners. And I didn't manage to ever strike any of them in the head. No harm done. Not the runner's fault old mate couldn't control his emotions.

Would he have done the same if it was a spectator giving him some verbal?
by Pag
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok.. i'll say it..

The dude sounds like a dick. He sounds like he's milking this for all it's worth.

Sure he shouldn't have got hit but **** me dead it looked like a palm to the face at best - at worst a short arm jab.

Sure it dropped him - but not before he threw his head back, and twisted his body around so the umpire noticed.. then laid on the ground like he was dead until it was dealt with.. gets up and strolls over the umpires un-aided to throw his thoughts in then wanders off in the arms of the trainer staggering around.

Do I condone the action of Kerhsaw? No of course not.. but **** me dead, this is a bit of a beat up.

Don't condone what the player did, should never touch a offical. Has the runner be banned for his conduct before the indecent as it alleged he had plenty to say to players and officials of the units through the game. Was Lutheran coach one who got 6 games at the tribunal last night (2 suspended) and if it was does he have to coach from of the oval now?

The game was 3 minutes old when the incident happened….
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lutheran worst supporters getting around.. followed closely by Flinders Uni.

Oh dear the carry on from the crabs faithful.. you literally won a knock out final in the lowest B grade div in the Comp. Yuck.

Units were shit for 6/8 quarters but did enough - their A grade showed true grit and heart, would’ve been easy to roll over when down by a sizeable margin and having only kicked 1 goal in a half, but didn’t. Gatto in the third was inspired, Spike put the side on his shoulders and Abbott was WOW!

CU did everything they could to lose it but still found away. Beautiful.

What should they have done? Flinders in the ressies particularly have been a walkover for many years.
Even their supporters wouldn't have been expecting them to come out and convincingly beat a team who hasn't lost all year.
Let em carry on!
Saying Luthies and Flinders are bad supports.. pot, meet kettle.

I think the sarcasm meter must have been on high when Bedge wrote that, surely. The complete opposite is the truth. Central United supporters were an embarrassment :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great atmosphere Friday night. All 3 clubs had extremely vocal supporters, noone crossed the line and I didnt mind the chanting from the Crabs.
They havent had a great run in recent years and wouldve been quite special for them to knock off an undefeated side to go to a Granny.
Best of luck to them next week, the bigger the oval the better chance they have of another upset.

PNU were great hosts, saw 1st hand Gary McIntosh doing all the little things for his club. Have a lot of respect for a legend like him doing stuff like hand writing the various teams scoreboard names, sweeping up etc was glad to see them get up in Grade 1/1R today.
by BenchedEagle
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What that the game was played South and there was still trouble
Mate you miss the point.

Cry like babies the game is so far away, and there’s trouble. Then you try and flog it off that “oh well there was trouble anyway” .. “shouldn’t sell booze”.. “should have more security”..

Take some ownership and responsibility - today is why the games are south to try and mitigate the chances of it happening. Move today’s game to Salisbury and it would’ve been x10 worse.

No issues at other GF’s with the same setup.

About time clubs North of the CBD stop acting the victim and smarten up.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm the ressies coach at Flinders. So I had an unbiased view having played both Centrals and Brahma.
Centrals were obviously upset last week as expected but this week they were mingling with the Flinders fans and just having a good day.
Brahma were ridiculous. Walking through our group flipping us off. Chanting "F***ing Brahma to div 6" .
Come back through swearing their heads off to the point our fans with kids left early because it was just disgusting. WAGS yelling to Flinders players if they tackle their boyfriend they'll bash the F*** out of them. So gross.
I wasn't sold on Centrals culture improving until yesterday. Unlucky result but amazing backflip.
Their culture is definitely heading in a positive direction. Brahma is still Brahma unfortunately. Can play footy though..

They should know this won't happen. Brahma will request to stay in Div 7 as per their usual post GF victory tradition
by Hector
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |