Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

The GSFL executive team have proven themselves in this instance, completely incompetent with these decisions. Not only have they spat the dummy and behaved like spoilt brats by not looking at evidence contradictory to the half baked excuses they were given in the first instances with regard to the Compass situation, they have refused to admit mistakes when the storyline is completely and clearly shown to be incorrect.

Also the fact that some of these decision have been made on a Friday night, without informing all other clubs (especially those who were playing against Compass the next day) of the outcomes of the poorly considered decision making, shows a complete disregard for the other clubs and the Rules by which the are supposed to apply.

FACT 1 - Leagues have no means to reduce player points allocations other then schooling or educational reasons which is yet to be used outside of Old collegian clubs. They can only allocate additional points per club THIS HASNT HAPPENED. And the "living locally" reason by which this reduction was given does not exist.
FACT 2 - The GSFL exec has no jurisdiction to change any result, based on a perceived fairness or equality reasoning which they did by altering a drawn match between Compass and Encounter Bay in 2020, giving Compass a loss but still handing EB a draw, the result of which was Compass points allocation went from 9 to 11 for the 2021 season
FACT 3 - Thomas Dix is a 3 point player even using Compass own reasoning. Last game played before his first game in 2021 was only 22 months previous to that game, the rule they have supplied to argue this states 24 months, by which they are saying was the leagues mistake. However the rules associated with points allocation clearly state multiple times, that the club is responsible for proper and appropriate allocation of points and penalties will apply for incorrect allocation. Further more This is actually ignoring the proper way to adjudicate this rule which is clearly a seasonal rule, as is every other points rule in the Community Football Boards Rules and regulations. As posted before he played 18 league games in 2018 and 5 (officially) 4 (unoffically) in 2019 seasons for which the adjusted COVID points allocation is to be applied for any NEW PLAYER to a club for season 2021

That's an extra 6 points for a club that has finished top 3 most years since 2016.
by Cheap Seats
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point in having a Governing body that wont govern?
The SANFL are completely aware of the situation, and although found results in contradiction to the Appeals Tribunal decision, I feel/it seems, unless a direct request of investigation is made into the entirety of it all, will not over rule or discredit these decisions
So now is the time for the someone to formally ask for a full review of the decisions handed down and provide complete justification to the resulting decisions which are clearly a false representation of both the actual rules and their intent.
by Cheap Seats
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows)
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows) Don’t always blame to good sides.

There’s teams above that haven’t embraced what Footy is like in 2021.
I thought someone might go down that path after I posted these, but I'm not critical or holding the top five accountable for the bottom 5's efforts, They need to find a way to compete more regularly. I'm simply trying to bring to light, that the GSFL should not be consistently and systematically giving 1-2 clubs (1 in particular this year) added help or concessions that continues to fuel the gap.
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since 2016 Minor rounds (by the way Compass finished top 2015 too) there is only 2 points separating Teams/Clubs that collectively have played finals 8-10 times and clubs who have had 1 singular appearance??? :shock: :

Compass 11 points (+6) A Grade Played finals all 5 years, finished top 3 4 years, B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, those years -8 appearances
Creeks 9 points A Grade finals 4 years, finished top 3, 4 years B Grade played finals 4 years top 3 once -8 appearances
Willunga 11 points A Grade Played finals all 5 years, finished top 3, twice, B Grade Played finals 5 years finished top 3, 4 years -10 appearances
McLaren 11 points A Grade Played finals 3 years, finished top 3 twice, B Grade Played finals all 5 years finished top 3, 4 years -8 appearances
Bays 13 points A Grade Played finals 3 years, finished top 3 twice, B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, once -6 appearances

Strath 13 points 2 points more then then the second lowest allocation A Grade Played finals once , finished top 3 once , B Grade hasn't played finals -1 appearance
Victor 13 points, seem on the surface to be the most harshly dealt with A Grade Played finals once , finished top3 0 years, B Grade hasn't played finals Its my understanding they applied and were refused for extra points -1 appearance
Goolwa 17 points A Grade Played finals 2 years, finished top 0 years, B Grade Played finals 2 years finished top 3, 0 years -4 appearances
Pongy 17 points A Grade Played haven't played finals , B Grade Played finals 3 years finished top 3, 0 years -3 appearances
Yank 18 points A Grade Played finals once , finished top 3 0 years, B Grade Played hasn't played finals -1 appearance

I know the rules, and B Grade has no influence on the points system, but this does highlight that without better equalisation, and not giving the top sides like Compass extra points for what can only be described as "suspect reasoning" the league is doing nothing to help itself or it's clubs.
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No it’s not about handouts for sure. I actually don’t mind having a points system. But it needs to be administered properly so the bottom clubs have a chance. As cheapies posts show that just isn’t the case. Giving top clubs points concessions for no apparent reason on top of that just a kick in the guts to the struggling clubs.
With a salary cap as it is now, every club offers the same maximum dollars to the bigger names shopping around (in theory of course because we all know that isn’t the case), so of course most players will choose a club having success. The points system should mean that doesn’t/can’t happen (as often).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Precisely, thank you FOD. Finally someone looking at it objectively, but be careful or people will assume we're the same person :roll: . Each decision has far reaching implications for more then just the GSFLOMPASS
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about this idea-, get the Association selectors send out an expression of interest to all club coaches, and ask them to canvas their team for interested players, rather then put individuals in a position where they either have to make up an excuse if they are under 30 years old or risk suspension, or if they are over 30, just simply pull out?

I think about all the players who made the squad who pulled out practically on the day the announcement was made! What's the point of their inclusion? You cant blame many of these older players, as they certainly benefit more from a week off then what they get out of a game that is far more currently about the appendix swinging exec sitting in their tent, telling stories of the good ole times than it is about giving ambitious players a platform with an opportunistic audience! If it was about showcasing the local talent, why hasn't the exec offered to accommodate SANFL clubs? Where were the South Adelaide representation in the form of senior coaches and Talent scouts for the senior game?

Maybe if players don't put their hand up to play Association footy, that should automatically exclude them from all zone and state representation consideration? Might stop the same names getting picked based on reputation instead of form.

Association footy could easily become great again, if they stopped making the same mistakes every year, and gave the opportunities to those who still want to be involved and possibly striving for something more.
by Cheap Seats
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hate to say it, but it appears on the surface Luv a kick is correct about Ryan Kelly:

Southern Football League (SA) Port Noarlunga (3 point league)

Previous Seasons
COMPETITION SEASON M LAST G MG MGV TIB
A GRADE 2019 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
Port Noarlunga 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
A GRADE 2018 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11
Port Noarlunga 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11

It appears L.U.K. might have stumbled on to yet another miscarriage of the COVID rules here, as having player a 35 league games in 18 and 19, there is NO WAY he is only worth 1 point. The GSFL has done it again??? :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:

I cant understand why this league executive team believe they can reduce individual player points, and appear to have done so on multiple occasions?
The one point off any player for all clubs is an absolute joke too.

You’re going to complain about a team that hasn’t made finals since 2007, and I don’t know the full details on why he went down points but he’s had his first game back from a knee reconstruction on Saturday, getting a few points off him? All of this was sorted and fully known by all the clubs early in the year, it’s not in the same conversation as the Mt compass debacle. It’s a fair leg up for a team that’s been shit for a long time.

Maybe wait and see what comes out of McLaren over the next few days, changing their team sheet at qtr time?
I certainly understand your point, and would like to see Myponga be more competitive, but it really doesn't/shouldn't matter if you're top or bottom. The points system is there to be a completely transparent process, by which the rules are Black and White, and cannot (should not in the GSFL case) be altered for any player or club with a reduction in an individual players points. They have received 17 points this year anyway, so that's approximately 6 players on top of their local 0 point talent pool, and 2 points more than the normal maximum. I'd say they have had a decent leg up given the facts as I know them, and if the GSFL stopped giving hand outs to the stronger clubs of the past 5-6 years, maybe they wouldn't have to try to get these extra points to struggling clubs in an underhanded way.

18 games in 2018, 17 in 2019 and 2 at Myponga in 2020 , means a 2 pointer in anyone's language. No 25 game rule applicable and no 24 month rule applicable. MUST BE corrected.
by Cheap Seats
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

They tried to get the clearance rushed through or see if they can get it done later. At this stage they’re unsure on that so they hand write his name on team sheet and exchange with Pongy.

Mathews sits on the bench for most of the first quarter then I guess theyre told they can't play him so they grab Mutton from the crowd, warm him up and submit a new team sheet.

I’m not saying this is 100% factual, this is just what I’ve been told at this stage."

This seems really odd, and not at all what I was told.
If you are correct, this is a clear attempt to have a 22nd player represent. Why would anyone think this is allowed under any ruling? Almost too crazy, and I wonder how accurate? That would be as obvious loss of points as you could get.

Not an attempt to play with 22 players, an attempt to play an unregistered player and have his clearance completed post match.

James Mathews is clearly a McLaren player, I don’t understand why a player in his position (on an sanfl list) can’t be registered at both Clubs and not require a clearance every time he is omitted or called up by the Crows reserves.

That’s an argument for another day, but all should know you can’t swap players after the game has begun, change team sheets or play an unregistered player.
What I meant by 22nd player, is more accurately described by "swapping a player out once a game has begun." I agree with your comments about the Players being able to freely go between their "Junior/Local" club and the SANFL also, especially those on top up lists such as the Crows and Port.
I think the SANFL changed that rule to reduce the expected exodus from their reserves System when COVID hit, the payment cap being reduced by half and to make it harder for players to leave SANFL on their own terms.
by Cheap Seats
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An honest mistake.

What was the mistake? Can you tell us what actually happened? From what I hear (could be severely exaggerated), it was a lot more than a simple mistake.

If it was a mistake, when will Goolwa/Port Elliot Women’s have their points reinstated?
So this is what happened:, McLaren were told that it was fine for the Crows player to play, but were unable to have completed the permit on time. They had hoped to get the OK from Myponga, under mutual agreement, but were unable to do so. So he sat on the bench until 1/4 time. Nothing wrong yet! The issue is when they (McLaren) replaced him with another player after the game had begun (at 1/4 time).
I agree, Goolwa's points loss is an over reach against a developing sport, given the multiple breaches in the league from experienced football people who DO know better.

Told by who ?
Didn't complete the permit on time ? Well in that case that means he CAN'T play
So getting mutual agreement from the other team supersedes completing the permit on time ? Why should that be the case?
Unable to get mutual agreement so with no permit McLaren name him on the team sheet and sit him on the bench anyway ?? :roll:
Then replace him at quarter time and alter the teamsheet ?

Is that all correct?

If so , how could anyone think that's acceptable :? :?
Just to clarify- I don't agree with the way it was handled either. I was pointing out the explanation that has been used, and after re-reading my post I can see how you thought I WAS SAYING "Nothing wrong yet"I should have had a :roll: in there to make clear my sarcasm. The reason they (McLaren) got in trouble was swapping a player after the game had started, not the fact they had an unauthorised player on the team sheet :roll: :shock:
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s the rumour about the apparent rule change which will allow Jordan mutton to play ressies in the GF? If both grades make senior finals and playing with full sides if he played the majority or finals in ressies he can play? Issues with this being, the big clubs that make finals in both grades each year will only get stronger and stronger.
Not to mention there will be young lads that have trained all year missing out for a bloke with a back injury.
McLaren have not made the GF in the A grade so not an issue. If both grades make it, then the club can play any of the 42 selected players in any grade they wish. That's been the ruling forever?
by Cheap Seats
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

WHAT ABOUT THE STRENGTH & INTEGRITY OF THE SANFL!!
ALSO, WHAT HAPPENS IF A SANFL SIDE IS DECIMATED BY COVID?
THAT'S JUST BAD LUCK?
HEY AFL, F**K OFF!!

You'll go to the SAAFL & country comps without even a thought of the integrity of their comp, but we won't hear about it because it doesn't fit the narrative.
This happens every year, COVID or no COVID. SANFL side gets a few injuries, goes to their zoned clubs, promises the 18-22 year olds the world, tells them they're going to be the next big thing, then dumps them until they need them again. It's why the player "ownership" rules changed to make it easier for the SANFL to do this. Players used to be permitted to SANFL versus now players have to be permitted back from SANFL to their community side. :roll:
by Cheap Seats
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Example A-
Watch at around 2:12:00 of Strath Langhorne game, the Umpire not happy and telling Strath No:16 (Clamp) off on the boundary line after a Creek lad came running in and started the whole altercation, then free is overturned, Creek get the ball, then guess what??? Who gets red carded only 2 minutes later at 2:14:00 No:16 for Strath???

The Strath coach then confronts the Umpire at 3/4 time and actually gets in his way 3 times (which isn't a good look) but you can see the frustration, then watch the same Umpire at 2:26:20, you can actually see him considering "who am I going to pay this to" Creeks! Then at 2:29:25 advantage is paid & taken, a shot missed, goes through the points on the full & they give a down the field in the goal square??? That's just making up the rules as you go? and every decision went Creeks way.
by Cheap Seats
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As for Covid, seems last Saturdays Magpies v Dogs game was a super spreader with a lot of players and staff having tested positive this week sadly.

Creeks will be missing at least 3 -4 of their TOP players this week with Covid as well as a couple of others (Injuries,U/A etc)
All played Monday night against Strath so be interesting if they have any missing because of it this week?
Tipping with any confidence has just about become impossible with the uncertainty of player availability week to week whilst Covid. is still around.

Magpies have forfeited tomorrows Reserves game with 42 (and counting) Covid cases to players and support staff - club doctor and all trainers all infected. The A’s have scrapped together a team with 9 playing their first A Grade game for the season. 16 A Graders unavailable. Very unfortunate.

Not ideal for McLaren either with points being split. At best, McLaren would’ve won the game and done so by 10+ goals. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being the difference in ladder position come finals.

Why would the points be split? Forfeit = loss. Forfeit every game and get 9 points probably gets you into finals :lol:
by Cheap Seats
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Reddens and the brother in-law Bower is interesting.

Willunga have had a heap of in's in the last 2 years. Nye, Juckers, 3x Reddens, Bower, Colwell makes 7. If you add in Hutchens, Mills, Hoffman that's 10 who one could think would be on some form of payment. $250 each is good value.

Any new on if the cap is being raised, maybe they are ahead of the game
by Cheap Seats
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Encounter Bay: Richard Littlely, Don Bartel, Wilf Brand, Allan Crispin, Gary Roberts, Trevor Prior, Todd Butler, Lloyd Tugwell & Doug Tugwell
by Cheap Seats
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know any results of:
Pongy v TTG
Willunga v Renella
Goolwa v MB Ramblers- Goolwa relatively easy over Ramblers
Strath v Jervois
McLaren v Flagstaff Hill
Mt Compass v Hallett Cove
Encounter Bay v Onkaparinga Valley- Onka's dismantled Bays by 10+ goals
Victor v Noarlunga Shoes Victor comfortable over shoes by 8+ goals but twice as many points
Langhorne Creek v Mannum
Yank v Hectorville
by Cheap Seats
Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll take your point about local businesses. Fair enough!

But Snap Kick Ninja is saying they called the league prior to every game & I'm wondering why you would need to do that if you're not doing anything wrong?
And you're saying if I'm reading your intent correctly "Inthestands" that you know people involved have admitted that yes the club payed over the allocation of $400 per week per player (this is easily traced btw and I can say that no flights for the majority of those games were $400 or under, so that's categoric), but had that overpayment approved by the SANFL.
How could that possibly be a fair an equitable decision without making that amendment to a rule known to every other club under their jurisdiction. You also state the player didn't personally benefit, well I'm not sure what reflects personal benefit more then a club paying for your flights above what the rules state they are allowed to pay, when any other player would have to fit the remainder of the bill them self (eg: everyone else flight was $700- club pays $400 player pays $300)
And by the way does this now set a precedent for "No personal benefit" for other sections of the Community Football Rules and Regulations regarding payment options? Can a club now pay (based on the same logic) a players accommodation & Limo to and from games, as the expense of the trip has been made redundant by this decision.
No hiding it anymore, and they MAY have got it signed off, but that doesn't make it right.
by Cheap Seats
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

John Butcher another $igning for Myponga. :roll: :roll:
by Cheap Seats
Mon May 22, 2023 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shillabeer and Wilkins will be huge in's for Pongy, on top of the 2 ex AFL listed players Butcher and Kennedy they already have.

Word around town is Gibbs will only be playing 5-6 games, and if last years SANFL draw is similar to this year, that looks about right. So their one fulltime recruit is Heaslip and they've lost Reece Mutch, Lach Borillo, Brad Borillo and Tom Neville.

Gibson, Gamble and Hurrell will be great for EB, hope to see the Eagles climb the ladder.

Lachy Matthews would be a welcome addition back to McLaren, in an already very good side

I'm hearing Pub whispers that Hoffman might be returning to Willunga, which would be a handy in for them too.
by Cheap Seats
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |