Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

kickittome wrote:Lindsay Thomas has resigned as coach of Yank :roll:
Not sure if Tony & Matt Burgess are taking over the role?
Family matters was the reason for leaving. Might still play in a few weeks time?

Hearing club stalwart Micka James taking the reigns at Yank? Has this been confirmed?
by Yungmuney
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

Was I bloody disappointed to see bulldogs vs Tigers on a drizzly rainy crap day.
One team was only gonna flood back to choke another side from scoring
Didn’t last long into the broadcast when I couldn’t stand the commentary so turned off

What happened to the guys that filmed and broadcast last year? They were great
Who makes the decisions on where the happy fm go? Surely it’s not Curran cos dementia has well and truely set in
GSFL deserves better
by The eclipse fan
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows) Don’t always blame to good sides.

There’s teams above that haven’t embraced what Footy is like in 2021.
I thought someone might go down that path after I posted these, but I'm not critical or holding the top five accountable for the bottom 5's efforts, They need to find a way to compete more regularly. I'm simply trying to bring to light, that the GSFL should not be consistently and systematically giving 1-2 clubs (1 in particular this year) added help or concessions that continues to fuel the gap.

Maybe it's time to get out of the cheap seats and put yourself in the hot seat.

GSFL could use some new blood.
by mots02
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |