Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

I will always be proud to be a south supporter
Glenelg were too good when it counted
Hopefully most Glenelg supporters are better than the ridiculous comment re Joel Cross
He has been a champion of the modern era, loyal and a brilliant player
Joel was probably tempted to leave south some years ago, but stayed loyal
He has been a big part of turning south around to be a club players enjoy playing at, and hopefully establishing a path for future success
by Backman
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Hamish might have a different view if Westies are battling for a finals spot and West lose a couple of players to the top up pool, but he is left in the SANFL
This will be the reality for 99% of SANFL players!!
by Backman
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Well said Darren Chandler
As a long suffering South supporter the AFL draft has been incredibly deflating now for a few years
I certainly agree with encouraging players to reach the highest level, but there has to be a better way
It feels like the AFL think that everyone at lower level clubs is happy if their AFL club is doing well, little do they realise that people actually bleed for their local club, including SANFL, local metro and country clubs
by Backman
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

To my last post I add well played Centrals, who seem to be developing nicely without big name recruits
Was always going to be a 1 to 10 either way, and this time Centrals got up - well played
by Backman
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

I know you make your own luck in football, but South were without midfielders Gibbs and Brownless, then lost further class on ballers in O'Neill and Davis
It makes it tough to run out four quarters losing that quality, and with Rose also a late withdrawal and Garthwaite not getting up
There has been criticism of Souths recruiting but Clavarino (nearly recruit of the year imo), Davis (been real good), Kantilla (showed plenty till injured), Menzie (Great till MSD), Garthwaite (adds height), Gunther (looks promising), Brownless (injured all year) you would have to say recruiting was very good
Also reserves basically a new team of kids developing and seem to be from zone, other country areas and young interstaters eg Cresswell
Losing the 18 mature age players from last year was always going to be a big ask
Always an optimist but it would be great to see this group have another crack next year, add a couple more and a slice of luck (surely due for some luck)
The players seem to be playing their hearts out for the jumper
by Backman
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA

How can the State game be promoted as a curtain raiser to the AFL game
The state game ends 2 hours before the AFL game, Port supporters won't turn up 2 hours early to watch the game, and the hardy supporters of the state team have to hang around for 2 hours if they want to watch the Port game
A true curtain raiser would have no more than 30 minutes between games, with the precious AFL teams having their kick and catch out the back or at 3 quarter time
and we will be surprised by the small crowd
by Backman
Thu May 18, 2023 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |