Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Agree that the tipping this year will be diificult. McLaren certainly appear to be the benchmark.

My view on teams at the moment:
Compass: I think Nick Manhood is doing a good job at compass taking into account personnel changes etc.
McLaren: $'s. Playing good footy and on field leadership is paying off.
Bays: Top end is good, not sure how deep they bat. Fight for finals spot.
Roos: Recruited lots and takes time to gel. Lots of youth which will hold them back in the short term and pay off in the long term.
GPE: World of pain. Recruits are not great and had a bad run with Covid.
Mudlarks: Look out. Top 3 finish and will make some noise on their way through.
Demons: Older and slower. To reliant on to few. Will coast through til finals.
Roosters: There good is good, there bad is really bad. Depends which one turns up/
Yank: I feel bad for them. Hard to recruit and club struggling big time.
Creeks: Come back to the pack big time. Big outs and been covid impacted.
by inthestands
Wed May 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clamp got off with the video evidence showing clearly what the umpire believed he saw and wrote in his report was wrong. The other player (can't remember name) got 1 week.

Really good round of matches this week!!
by inthestands
Tue May 10, 2022 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.
I dont think Ahmat Watkins is playing this year. I cant understand how Myponga have managed to escape sanction, especially given Jervois were for the EXACT thing. Major sponsorship has its perks??

Think you’ll find they called the league prior to every game Ahmat Watkins played to make sure everything was above board. Not sure where the loophole was but its behind them now, so clear up your tears and move on.
The loophole is obvious, just no one is willing to admit it. Pump enough Cash into the SANFL and they look the other way in spite of their own Black and white rules. Why have them if the don't administer them equally, fairly, and let all clubs know if there are exceptions made?

Amazing how ignorant and misinformed people are who speculate this stuff. Very different scenario to Jervois. I know a couple of people close to it with the difference being the player did not personally benefit ie, the club didn't pay the Darwin lad to then get his own flights like Jervois. Club paid flights and cleared with SANFL auditors prior to season. Throwing crap at hard working local business owners pretty low. Local company supports local footy and you want to throw crap at them.
Every club has the opportunity to speak with the auditors to clarify any rules and their application. More clubs should do it. Kudos to Myponga I say.
by inthestands
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I noticed Butcher kicked 1 goal. How many shots to get that. :D

Only 1 shot. Played ruck a fair bit from what I heard.
Not sure why the hate for Myponga?? Been cellar dwellers for years, bring a great coach and team in who work hard for four years teaching and recruiting. Then they get good across all grades and now the hate?? Hard pleasing some people.
Good on them I say. Will be a scary good team with everyone fit.

I think the 5 is really hard to pick outside top 2. All in it bar gpe and yank. Will make for great second half of the season
by inthestands
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |