Return

Re:

SMOSH West Lakes
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

morell wrote:Ohh yes tell us more about the dizzying heights of division 4 reserves...

Bet you guys have sparkling water in your drink bottles :(

Nice. That's something to look forward to
by Arch44
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Sticks28 wrote:Glenuga* thanks

Glenunga*

All that money on education wasted. 8)
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

After 9 weeks of Div 3 footy you'd say GG will nearly go the whole year undefeated and clearly are the team to beat. Its a strange div this one - i can only see a few teams who might potentially challenge GG - Modbury, Flinders park & Edwardstown. Looks like the rest of the div are making up the numbers. Bit of a logjam for relegation battle - i would still think CBC & Scotch go down but Morphy park are a huge danger of going straight back down. They seem to be the biggest disappointment after all there signings pre-season & westminster have been another club who have had a strange year, been real competitive in most games but could potentially be battling for relegation.

A pretty spot on assessment i think. The relegation battle going to be very interesting, Scotch seem to have decent depth compared to some of the others battling it out which may be a point of difference in the heart of winter. I dont think Westminster go down, despite lacking depth they still have some decent top tier talent and also a unique home ground that is hard to play on as a visitor.

If Seaton can keep relatively healthy, i think they battle it out with Smosh for 5th. Flinders, Edwardstown and Modbury battle for 2nd to 4th.
by Sass!
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

All grades to start April 22nd and all Grand Finals the same day.
by Brodlach
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Sticks28 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:All grades to start April 22nd and all Grand Finals the same day.

Where abouts did you see this info?

Email circulated from AdFL HQ..
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Round 1 predictions

Hope Valley Vs Unley
Modbury Vs Westminster
Pembroke Vs Scotch
Flinders Park Vs Smosh West Lakes
Seaton Vs Gaza

Can't help but feel like a couple of clubs in this division are on the slide down.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

Smithfield first season back aren't doing themselves any favours..

Mawson Lakes had another suspension in week 1, haven't started the season great, will be inviting unwanted attention upon themselves.
by The Bedge
Thu May 04, 2023 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Yank Man wrote:Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

On the contrary, I would think those are two things the coach can & should have a direct impact on.
by The Bedge
Mon May 22, 2023 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is going on at Mitcham?

Have they had a turn over of players? Finished so promisingly last year and now haven’t fired a shot again?

Poor discipline when the game was on the line in the last. 2 Yellows, one of which straight after Kenilworth kicked a goal to go 18 up. Resulting in a shot right in front of goal, making it 24. Game done.

Yungmuney…. They have lost 8 starting A graders from that good 2nd half last year for various reasons, returning home to country or club of origin, going oversees and season ending injuries and haven’t been able to recruit enough quality to replace them.

Chappy….. yes their discipline was nothing short of disgraceful not only when the game was on the line but at various stages of the game when the heat was on. Again the Kookas got inside their heads and they couldn’t handle it. I love the rivalry but your boys hold the chocolates in the mind games at this point. I’m not involved this year so I don’t have to defend them but what I saw Saturday didn’t make me too proud of a group I have been involved with.

Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

Yank Man is good mate with JC and he is just trying to deflect the fact JC is massively under pressure.
Couldn’t see him continue at Mitcham if they are relegated.

Discipline you can control and you can control effort to an extent. Mitcham’s Bs seem to be going ok, maybe put the undisciplined few in the Bs!!!
by hollywood7477
Wed May 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

Sticks28 wrote:Any update on the last 2 weeks tribunal listings?

Last weeks

by Brodlach
Thu May 25, 2023 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are they playing all games away now?
Building new club rooms

Pretty sure get 1 more week in the current changerooms before the club is knocked down. They are currently gutting the club rooms.

Thank Christ Seaton get some new rooms. Would have to be the worst changerooms in the history of the league. There would be more room to get changed in my foreskin!
by The Big Shrek
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sticks28 wrote:Well that changes it then if he has got sacked. What's everyone thoughts on sacking the coach with 8 games to go still?

8 games to go is a long way. I'd prefer a coach moved on mid-year than closer to the end.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Heard chompers only got 4 weeks.

Lucky not to be banned for life.

Will have a storry to tell however.

Seems quite happy about it all judging by Social Media

Yeah i've spent a fair bit of time with the lad through work and have to admit to being really disappointed with his attitude towards it.
by whufc
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
OKC! wrote:Heard chompers only got 4 weeks.

Will have a storry to tell however.

Seems quite happy about it all judging by Social Media
by Chappy
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard chompers only got 4 weeks.

by OKC!
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tops off BL getting 2 reds and 3 yellows in the same game. The fat boy was outstanding though more importantly.
by Arch44
Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sticks28 wrote:Mitcham couldn't do it again could they - ventured out to watch them play lockleys on the weekend & they were very very good.

big game this Saturday between Mitcham and Kenilworth, if Mitcham lose, season would be over.
by Bluedemon
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Modbury with a big win out at Unley - Hope valley with another large win they have been pumping those bottom teams all year (good year back in div 3 for valleys)
Not sure if there are any clubs in the league at the moment with as good as depth as modbury sitting top in A,B,C & D grade.

Not 5 1sts but

PAOC
D1: 1st
D1R: =2nd
C1: 1st (undefeated)
C7: 2nd
C8: 3rd
by Jimmy_041
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Modbury with a big win out at Unley - Hope valley with another large win they have been pumping those bottom teams all year (good year back in div 3 for valleys)
Not sure if there are any clubs in the league at the moment with as good as depth as modbury sitting top in A,B,C & D grade.

Not 5 1sts but

PAOC
D1: 1st
D1R: =2nd
C1: 1st (undefeated)
C7: 2nd
C8: 3rd

yeah great depth at prince alfred! very rarely do they have a team that really struggles. Credit to them for constantly putting themselves in great positions come years end.

Modbury A grade top with 2 losses
B grade top with 1 loss
C grade undefeated & havent lost in years
D grade top with 1 loss

I think lockleys were very similar the other year aswell!

Modbury's women's now top of D5 too.
by gadj1976
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Went along to the C6 match up between Houghton and Ingle Farm last night, only to witness a brutal king hit after the siren, teams appeared to be shaking hands and moving on with things and all of a sudden bloke from Ingle farm floored his Houghton opponent. Quite confronting to see, can’t imagine he’ll be playing finals and into early next year. Friday night footy under lights at Ingle farm, an interesting place. Crowd got quite rowdy, but all seemed to disperse as the player was helped off the field.
Hopefully nothing further after I left when teams went into their rooms.

No discussion on this? Hmmm interesting :-?
by carey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

carey wrote:Culture

Should change there name to the cats....surely used there 9 lives this year....just dont go near car parks and service stations and dont hit your head on someones fist......god help those if they actually lose....run quick
by RHM 17
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sticks28 wrote:Any truths to the rumour nobes has been suspended and will miss the first final?

You are incorrect and Pembrokes little tit-for-tat and mind games might've just backfired on them...
by Footy Chick
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saturday 23rd September
Woodville Oval
Div 3 - GF - Flinders Park v Modbury (2:30pm)
Div 3R - GF - Modbury v Unley (12:15pm)
C3 - GF - Modbury v Pembroke OS (10:00am)

Big day for Modbury.

Huge, hopefully we can get the C8 grandfinal shifted to an earlier timeslot (currently 12pm at Mitcham) so those players and supporters can make their way to Woodville also.

We are expecting a huge amount of travelling support.
by Sass!
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Anyone laying off on the Broncos?

I'm trying to find a website that offers a deposit match and will chuck $500 on broncos and then have a couple hundred to be able to spend over the weekend on AFL grand final if i can find a website that will offer a deposit match bonus & get a guaranteed profit of $500 for penrith or $650 for broncs.

Dabble does a deposit bonus, but the % isn’t guaranteed (spin a wheel kind of thing)
by JK
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |