Trial: 9
Wk 1: 14
Wk 2: 8
Wk 3: 26
Wk 4: 16
Wk 5: 16
Wk 6: 22
Wk 7: 20
Wk 8: 43* (Cam Matters incident still to be heard)

Your original prediction for Round 8 was massive unders, Bedge!! Can't believe how many 'dangerous tackles' are still occurring every round.

We had a fella get weeks for a ‘dangerous tackle’ and there was absolutely nothing in it , game wasn’t even recorded so not sure how they’ve decided to come up with the suspension

I'm with you, Burner. I think there has been a massive over-correction with the 'dangerous tackle'.
by MoP
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Speaking of D4.. pop quiz.. whose the last person to coach Pulteney A grade to a win?

Bonus question: Whose the last person to coach Pulteney B grade to a win?

Double bonus question: Who played in the last Pulteney C grade win?

:P 8-} :lol:

Steve Matchett :partyman: (except he'd never play C-Grade!!)

Ripping bloke and fierce on field at footy and cricket!!

Ripping bloke.....only if he was on your team!!
by MoP
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Big last round of footy:
Glenunga beat PAOC by 3 goals to clinch the double chance;
SPOC beat Payneham by enough to host the elimination final against PAOC; and
Old Iggies beat Port Districts by 2 points to avoid relegation.
by MoP
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

The Rams picked up Bielby and Venning as returning players.
Recruited Sam Smith - played 3 games before going down with a knee.
Picked up De Sira - hasn't played A's in the second half of the season.
Picked up Condon for the last 3 games.
With the exception of Smith and Condon, they likely won't have any other points next season, until they recruit more players.
by MoP
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

I can only presume the other College sides are similar, but PAOC teams (cricket and footy) get free use of their facilities (gym, pool, squash, etc) while they're playing. That, in itself, is a pretty attractive proposition!!
by MoP
Thu May 18, 2023 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

I can confirm they do, but are hamstrung by the rules and regs which state that teams can't be regraded more than 1 division. Also, a team that has been regraded, can't be re-regraded after playing a game in that competition. A team that hasn't been regraded wont generally be regraded after Rd4.

I don't agree with it, because I've said numerous times to them that its ridiculous.
That's honestly stupid.

I don't "know" but I do believe Glenunga got a few girls back into their D1 side from SANFLW clubs, hence strengthening their D3 side. This makes it even more difficult to manage.

I'll be happy to be corrected by someone at Glenunga though.

I spoke to a mate over the weekend who has a daughter in one of Glenunga's U17.5 girls teams. Apparently they haven't regained any girls from SANFLW clubs. One girl (S Thredgold maybe) played a few games in the SANFLW development league and wanted to play with friends in the Div 3 team, but after 1 game moved up into their Div 1 team. He said both sides barely have enough for the 20-player game day squads.
by MoP
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Pag, I’m pretty confident that a few of those clubs mentioned would be paying some guys ridiculous coin…
But they wouldn't have been when they were formerly in in D6. Or if they did, they paid the right guys that continued to take them in the right direction, through D5 and D4 and up into D3 (for all bar Kenilworth), not club hoppers who think D5 is too hard like many going around.

You're spot on. Paying the right guys. Guys that want to buy into what you're selling, not just guys looking for the highest price for the easiest money. And then switching clubs every 2-3 years.

Glenunga and Golden Grove are often accused of buying players. But, not too many of them leave after 1-2 seasons at the club. They build a successful environment that makes them want to stay. Having said that, both of those clubs have massive junior programs, so they are financially secure - not reliant on a benefactor until their money runs out.
by MoP
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

Glenunga seem to be able to continue to sign afl/sanfl listed players with gay abandon.....will it prove to be a short term fix to satisfy a rich ego or two at the club and then see them spiral the way of the likes of Kilburn, Greenacres, Woody South to name but a few who chose a similar path to 'success' - and yes the junior program is strong but how many convert into A grade or are many college kids looking to play some sunday footy and when they leave school they play old scholars. Good luck to those at GFC as they seem to be rocking along and many will be interested in following their progress in 2024

I think Glenunga have shown, over the past 10 years or so, not only do they have an ability to attract quality players/people, they're also able to retain them. Glenunga and Golden Grove, to name two, are showing the fruits of the labour of hard work establishing a club that players (including juniors) want to play at. Sure, you get some college kids who end up playing with their Old Scholars team, but others stay the journey and end up playing with their mates at the Club.

Those other clubs you've mentioned are examples of one-hit wonders that fall by the wayside after their mercenaries move elsewhere.
by MoP
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 1

[quote= :-? Having been intimately involved with the SAAFL / AdFL for the past 15 years, or quoted 10 years, I would disagree with your opinion about both clubs[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly what you're disagreeing with.

The quality of players/people involved at both clubs.
The fact that some juniors will play for their Old Scholar teams, instead of their junior Club.
The other clubs were one-hit wonders.
All of the above?

I'd suggest your intimacy with Glenunga would be limited to a couple of years and even less with Golden Grove.,
by MoP
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |