Search found 42 matches

Return

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

D6 Trivia.

Direct distance from away change-rooms, to away bench (all Div 6 clubs)

Ingle Farm 22m
West Croydon (old) 66m
Marion 69m
Fitzroy 79m
Central United 94m
Para Hills (old) 101m
Rosewater 129m

and wait for it...

Trinity 263m

That Concludes D6 Trivia.
by redyellow&blue
Mon May 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

jake the snake wrote:Heard there is some internal issues following the announcement of the team of the decade at Eastern Park, which included some players who are serving life bans from the ADFL.

What does it matter if a player has a life ban now, if they deserved their spot over the previous 10 years?
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

I don't know why it has to be hard wicket or turf.. I'd be happy playing in a comp that was mixed, would be a little more interesting if half your games were turf, and half hard wicket.

Soon find out which sides can adjust and adapt the best.
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Observer55 wrote:Also 3 weeks away from First ball being bowled and no sign of a Fixture. Last year there was nothing published until the 11th hour, especially with the T20 format

Hard to make a fixture when clubs chop and change what they're doing until the 11th hour.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also 3 weeks away from First ball being bowled and no sign of a Fixture. Last year there was nothing published until the 11th hour, especially with the T20 format
Hard to make a fixture when clubs chop and change what they're doing until the 11th hour.
Chicken or the egg, association sets the standard and clubs follow.
I agree - make the decisions as an association, and rule with an iron fist.

Sadly the precedence has been set over the past 6-10yrs.

Clubs change their minds on matters from meeting to meeting as it is.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Units to stay in grade 2 with a few handy recruits, take the piss, win another flag, and crown another Div 2 medalist with 40 wickets + 440 runs whilst being partly intoxicated majority of the time.. congrats to the units
by #bleedredandblue
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Davies already out, 207 I think was the magic number.. Travy on 65ish off about 20 rocks, not sure who he’s in with

Spoke with Justin Saturday and he’s definitely not keen to fry them, he’s just keen to get to win and was fortunate enough to start the season the way he has!

Not keen to Fry them???? =)) =)) =))

Rolled them for 20 odd and nearly 500 on the board, He Fried them! LOL :lol:

I'm seriously surprised they didn't put them back in and enjoy the week off!
by carey
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

yeah socccers popularity in the north is only growing and a massive concern for footy clubs.

I just can't see how EP, Eliz, CU, Smith can all survive with the shift of populations and demographics.
The Paralowie/Parafield Gardens/Salisbury area is heading the same way. If you walked down John St in Salisbury today it'd be unrecognisable to the one of 25 years ago when we were growing up, and there wouldn't be many potential footballers (or businesses that might sponsor football clubs) along there anymore.
Especially when old salisbury people head up the hill to Golden Grove. Parabanks is better than the village anyway
by beef
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jumper Clashes

CBC, Iggies & fashion sense
by Jimmy_041
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jake Reynolds from Elizabeth to Fitzroy, massive addition to their midfield for 2022
Apparently Fitzroy spending large for a few players for next year within the area, could be a massive underdog being there 18s won a flag coming up into the seniors with a good handful being high quality just out from their sanfl clubs.
by BigCat99
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs like Dublin are used all the time in these debates as to why not to explore these options (Pt Noarlunga could be another), but surely instead of ruling out due to that you’d explore various options such as neutral venues, or creating enough gap in divisions so it’s unlikely..

Worst case you’re looking potentially once a year - the other season we had to travel out to Dublin 4 times before Xmas as well as Two Wells.. is what it is, suck it up, expressway is a game changer.

I guess that would be another significant reasoning to argue for a hard wicket 'one day comp 'rather than two-day comp which would include back to weekends with large travel distance.

I have to be honest having played 6 years in a row of just one dayers, I do really miss batting in two day cricket....not so much the fielding and i bowl about the same number of overs. It is nice to get a result every week and its nice know you will get a bat every week but imo will be a sad day if two day cricket completely dies.

If a new comp had multiple formats for me they would have to be multiple competitions with finals for each comp. This would also include relegation/promotion separately so you could be div 1 in the two dayers div 2 in the one dayers. Challenge would be fitting in the weeks of cricket. Potentially doable with 6 team divisions I'm guessing but would prefer somehow to have 8.

A grade and B grade clubs would not compete against one another, go with the A1, A2, A3 and then B1, B2, B3 etc.
by whufc
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No I didn’t :P
by The Bedge
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played PDCA for 25 years between 1990 and 2015 and i never thought i would see the day the biggest rivalry in the league is Enfield vs Dublin :lol: :lol: :lol:
by whufc
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dublin an embarrassing club to be a part of? Gee wiz pretty piss poor comment to write for someone that’s probably never spent more than an hour or so there. Personally spent 20 years playing cricket there and I assure you your comment is below average at best, the people who work on and off the field there have genuinely made that club a bloody brilliant place to be apart of. Judging a club based on a couple of fellas that play in the A grade who have a huge desire to win every week is shit. I run around now in the beer grade from time to time and I assure your- you wouldn’t meet a better bunch of blokes who will happily have a beer after the game with you- so again, dishing out a comment saying dublins an embarrassing club to be a part of is well and truly off the mark. As for Sunday? Giving a bit of cheek in regards to a player of two wearing distinct hats/ shirts? You can not genuinely believe that’s crossing the line.

You know what, ill cop that and apologise for saying embarrassing club to be a part of. I'm sure that there is plenty of hard work done behind the scenes and did not mean that in my comments. My comments are more on the game Sunday. The way the conducted themselves was embarrassing.

Apologies though, poor choice of words by myself.
by OKC!
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games

Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Tonight:
CLG v Ironbank

Tomorrow:
Gepps Cross v Jamestown
Pooraka v Macclesfield
Para Hills v Fitzroy
Morphettville Park v Blackfriars

Scores?

Morphettville Park beat Blackfriars by around 10 goals in A grade, and 7 goals in B grade
by Moe
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games

Pooraka beat Macclesfield by a million. Luke Smith kicked 8.
Fitzroy did a number on Para Hills.
Gepps Cross beat Jamestown
Morphy Pk smacked Blackfriars
by no_remorse28
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How can the div1 gf not be on live score……Mickey mouse.
by whufc
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How can the div1 gf not be on live score……Mickey mouse.

No one from Westies could break into someone's house and steal a laptop maybe lol
Mrs Pogas usually does it for AV, strange.

Most comps the standard is to stream the main grand final….can’t even get a live score of this one. :roll: :oops:
by whufc
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Was a good hit out for us Friday night - thanks to Rosewater for hosting, and was great to see such a crowd for a pre-season trial match! Makes you think, is a trick being missed by not utilising grounds with adequate lighting more? Occasional Friday or Saturday night match?

Anyway, whilst in the end was a comfortable result Ingle Farms favour, Rosewater did not have a group of their A grade playing, and was a mixed A/B squad. After halftime it was predominately B graders, where as Ingle Farm were almost full tilt. So can't read a lot into the result to be fair.

Anyone find out how the Houghton trial went?
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Few Yellow Cards/Red Cards in the trial up at Houghton been told any truth to this?

Bedge completely right a good couple hundred at rosewater Friday night for what was a good match to watch the league should take note.

Ingle farm full tilt look like they might be hard to beat in division 7, the first half rosewater played A graders but ultimately couldn't go with Ingle farm late in the first half from what I watched one team had some form of structure across 2 lines midfield-defence from ingle farm looked comfortable most the night, rosewater seemed to be kicking long at all costs fell straight into Ingle Farms hands.

Do Ingle farm have a big full forward looked like a mosquito fleet type set up?
by MarionPremers2018
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was talking to someone who was at the game, they were having a laugh about this.

Is it true that an Eyre Royals play got given out, abused the umpire all the way off the ground swearing at him and telling him in colorful words how wrong he was.. and then the umpire presented him man of the match and joked about it not even being the biggest spray he'd copped from the player? :lol:

Having a good laugh about what? The fact they got away with it again?

Jenner did deserve the medal. Match winning innings, but yes that did happen.
I thought Cam should’ve won the norm smith
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can the association take action towards a club/individuals due to crowd behaviour?

I am not sure, I know what they can do though. Reply.

Actually, they must be able to do something about it, they would be people involved with the club, yelling racist abuse from the crowd you would have to be able to penalise that. Even if they didn't pin point the person. Some action could be taken.
by OKC!
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no_remorse28 wrote:Also, I'm almost 300 percent sure OKC is Bedge

**** off mate! I’ve already been in trouble for posting on here - I’m staying well clear of this! :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have had an email from the umpire in question to the PDCA committee. What that included, i am not sure. But it has been forwarded to SACA.

We finally have some movement, but what will happen.

I will leave it on here for a while now until we find out what is happening with this.

Thanks for playing along.
by OKC!
Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't just pick a bloke coz he's tall.. you have to deserve your spot. 8)
by The Bedge
Thu May 11, 2023 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s the reason they have crashed so quickly?
Lack of Juniors feeding into the senior ranks for a number of years, aging area, a lot of new to Australia Families moving into the area are not Aussie Rules playing families.
What a soft, pathetic cop out for an excuse... didn't stop them winning back to back D7 A grade flags only a couple of years ago and peacocking around like kings of the world.

Truth is the players they had the last few years are the problem - loved life when going was good and bullying weak opposition, but as soon as life looks tough and they have to actually work for something they go running. Pea hearted downhill skiers.

I disagree with LM - I mean I hate seeing clubs struggle, and I feel for some of the loyal Brahma faithful, but the comp is actually probably better off without them - less dilution of players, less headaches, stronger local clubs, more accountability for glory hunters.

Honestly, Salisbury West going under is all that has saved them.. and Westies were a better organised / operating unit.
by The Bedge
Sun May 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

That's weird

I just assumed it would be 7 x 2 day games and 7 x 1 day games in Division 1.

In a promotion/relegation system I don't think you should have skewed draws like that.

Would they consider playing 3-day games instead of 2-day for 1st Grade? Play them as Sat/Sat/Sun. Could then just play each team once. Top 2 plays a 4-day final Sat/Sun/Sat/Sun. Teams are already playing 6 Sunday’s in the fixture this year. Play the entire one day comp on Saturday’s including the final and it doesn’t really end up being more Sunday cricket, but you get a fairer fixture and a longer format, closer to Shield 4-day cricket.
by Aerie
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All forfeits default as 60-0 because that is the base rule for forfeits built into PlayHQ as it was for the systems that became before that. But any league has the right to have Regs around a fairer process for forfeits. For a number of years the SAAFL Regs have been the average for and against differential for the forfeiting club once they’ve played everyone once. For a team that hasn’t won a game that is simply their average losing margin. After Round 9 Brahmas was 134 hence why any forfeits from Round 10 give the other team a 134 to 0 win.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Medal Counts - ON TONIGHT (04/09/23)

Is there a round by round link?

The presentations I looked at didn’t show the first 4 rounds
by Brodlach
Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldnt believe the fb post last night, only 12 days to go. In my mind i thought it was still 3,4,5 weeks away. Havent even started my pre season fitness program yet.

Id expect Two Wells to really struggle this year unless something drastic changes in the next few days.

Looks like LO1 will be pretty competitive, cant wait for the weekly podcast once Bedge is up and running again.

Westies over the irish by 8 runs in the D1 Granny.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
by auto
Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take over a young fitzroy side and bring in Central United thugs - looks like a great recipe for long term success
Tried to change the ways at Units and they didnt want to buy in, i'd be bringing no one and backing the young group they have
by Purple Warrior
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're in trouble this week.. Saturday night is India vs Pakistan in the world cup... it's like the biggest rivalry in their nation, means 90% of our club will be unavailable to play Saturday. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst that may be wrong, there is definitely some movement occurring at Brahma - and some of the dollars being spoken about to get players back in the door is ridiculous.

Would appear the cycle is set to continue..
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great game against Dublin on the weekend.

Good spirits the whole day, bit of banter back and forth. Its been a while since i have been out to that ground (15 years i think) and it looks in great condition with nice little club room. Look forward to seeing the lads later this season.
by OKC!
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the 5 on the leg side is a much better by law than having the inner circle.

Heaps easier to umpire, no need to have volunteers doing line marking and still adds a bit of variety and strategy to the game.
by whufc
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

I think another question is how do you reatin all your juniors as well when mum and dad see your seniors in div 1 or div 6 what will they choose. At this rate every junior player will be registered with Grove Glenunga TTG PNU Henley. When your better kids go to sanfl programs they also try to push them to div 1 or 2 clubs. So getting poached from everywhere. Then they become zero pointers for those clubs as well. And the cycle continues.....

All our kids who go through the sanfl system get told to go play out in the Barossa or for a higher division club. Makes player retention of our higher level juniors very tough when they’re pressured from outsiders to leave.
by Burner
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grade 1
Three games in, starting to get a feel for it. North Pines sadly in for a long season - looked a chance against ATCO before totally capitulating. Fair play to the 'backs though, they took the jump up to G1 to fill the void.

Eyre Royals sitting pretty on top, but will be tested in coming weeks - Westies this week should give an indication on where they're at. You'd expect SW to begin to make their move, whilst Virginia could put a serious dampener on Craigmore's season hopes this upcoming round.

Eastern Park in 2nd with 2 wins, not overly convincing, but their match this week with ATCO could really be a pivotal factor on whether they play finals or not. A loss would have them back with the pack, a win would keep them ahead of the curve.

Virginia v Westies GF for me.
Pretty fair analysis, Virginia done well without Bascombe.

Angle Vale could’ve been out for a lot less, a massive edge on the first ball of day two wasn’t given and Andy Carman was absolutely plumb in front on his first ball but was let off, it did make for an entertaining finish though with 6 runs required and 3 wickets in hand with two set batters when the opening bowlers came back on and cleaned up.

Angle Vale are still a great bunch and it’s always great to see the First Lady of the PDCA, Mrs P .

Elaine Figallo has just spilt her coffee everywhere. ;) :lol:
by whufc
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

**** hope your coaching is better than your grammar.. :lol: 8)

Good luck young man, it’s good to see you get an opportunity at the top level regardless how the next 12 months plays out <3

Eastern Park v Central United grand final - dads will be thrilled they can attend all their kids grand final at the same ground and guaranteed one winner at least. 8)
by The Bedge
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of LO1

We didn't realise that there is a 4 vs 5 Elimination final.

That makes the 5th spot open to plenty of teams, with only Adelaide Warriors out of contention.

I'm sure Bedge will give a detailed rundown when he can of the remaining games for each. Vista has to play the top 3 sides but sit in 4th as it is. If Enfield can start to play good cricket, might be a Enfield vs Vista for the final spot in the last round.

Worth keeping an eye on the coming rounds.
by OKC!
Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

First time I’ve looked at who’s in this divvie, should be sponsored by OTR.

At least 3 of the 8 clubs are within 5 minutes of each other.

Smithfield have 4 drives over an hour each, and that’s if they only have to travel to thrm grounds once.

Complaining about having to go north or south, You wouldnt last playing in Melbourne or Sydney :lol:
I’m not complaining, it doesn’t affect me at all, I never minded travelling, it was cheaper drinking drive thru beers for the journey home.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heated out in finals is the worst.

You play the whole year to size the upper hand. While it feels hollow and/or empty, in 10 or 2 years time you sit there and bask in the season that was and celebrate the totality of it all, opposed to one or two individual performances.
Heated out this week has it's benefits - those who lost the qualifying final get a second crack, and those who are in the GF already don't win by a heated out game this week.

Downside is, makes the "middle" finals week pointless (LO grades)
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Use to be a 3rd day as a reserve day, which was often used, about 20 odd years ago. Monday was the reserve day.

With 8 teams, the schedule would work to have a 3-day comp (Sat/Sat/Sun) all season. Then a 4-day final Sat/Sun/Sat/Sun. Play each other once. Wouldn't need any more Sundays than currently scheduled.
by Aerie
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |