Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

JohnnyDog wrote:Locky if you would have read Wedgies funny post before mine you would of got the gist of my post its called taking the piss having a laugh.
Hops Beer 4.2% alcohol ( HOpsBr4.2% ) sure beats Carlton Zero.
Beer is our saviour.

yes i was just having a lend
by locky801
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Central v North

Central to do it for Dog_ger!
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who will start World War 3 Vlad Putin or Joe Biden

Gees you blokes are good: I have enough trouble keeping up with whats going on in my backyard
by Jimmy_041
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Port v North

Can you stop referring to them as the Magpies.
We all know it’s not the case.
by amber_fluid
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems. I actually applaud him for it and great to see us throw more military equipment their way. Fantastic that he has also called out Russia and has increased sanctions against them.

Floods............electricity prices.........blackouts...........stock market crash...............
Scomo would have had the ferals baying for blood for being overseas

It looks like he's been overseas more than here since being elected
by Jimmy_041
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

You mean how the ambulance union successfully argued for a 30.4 hour working week with anything over that being overtime rates?
Imagine the money you'd save reverting back to a standard 38 hour week with overtime rates after that...or spending it on extra ambos, drs, beds in hospitals etc...

This is amusing

https://7news.com.au/politics/sa-labor-promises-new-ambulance-centre-c-5855477

Labor has pledged to build a $120 million Adelaide headquarters for the South Australian ambulance service along with a new city-based station with 32 paramedics if it wins the March state election.

Opposition Leader Peter Malinauskas says the plan will help fix the state's ambulance ramping crisis and allow staff to better deliver emergency services across SA.

Ahhh, so one of the causes of the ramping crisis was they didn't have a nice new HQ?
I always though it was the bottleneck at the end of the line - silly me
by Jimmy_041
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Each to their own on vaccines surely.

Totally agree. I dont care if you are happy to get it.

But the government's heinous doctrine has been to ostracise and turn society against those that don't do what they want.

The "pandemic of the unvaccinated" X
100% safe and effective X
It will prevent you:
1. from getting it X
2. from passing it on X
3. from getting very sick X
4. from needing to go to hospital X
5. from dying X
6. from working for the government :-BD
by Jimmy_041
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Dogs vs Power Reserves

Once again proof the SANFL are controlled by the AFL .
They should be telling teams who they play and when .
Typically gutless decision by the SANFL .
by southernbulldog
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 16 Dogs vs Power Reserves

Weak as piss by the SANFL. Port should be told to turn up when they are told or forfeit the game
by Jim05
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:Once again proof the SANFL are controlled by the AFL .
They should be telling teams who they play and when .
Typically gutless decision by the SANFL .

Yep, load of rubbish accommodating their "afl support staff". Weak by our club should have told them to p%$$ off.
by Dogs64
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nobody with any medical knowledge ever suggested the jabs stopped you getting it.
The idea was that they stopped you getting it severely.

That's always been the case with Influenza too - a closely related very small virus that mutates rapidly too.

Someone should check Spurrier's medical qualifications

If you dont want to listen to all of it, go to 21:30 for how the "vaccines" prevent you from getting it
That sort of speculation was floating around in the early days and reflected over-optimism by academics and politicians.
Right from the outset it was clear it is a virus very closely related to Influenza and the cold virus and it was obvious it would behave similarly to them.
That means periodical boosters were inevitable.

The early days eh?

14th November 2021: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=309621650741837

"How do you protect kids under 12 who can't get vaccinated?
The most important thing for people who have got children under 12: get yourselves vaccinated as parents because you provide that shield around the child. Make sure the grandparents and anybody that's looking after the child; make sure they're vaccinated."
Make sure the dog, the cat, the fish and God are vaccinated as well because?
Well, I'm not sure whether its because they won't catch it or they don't pass it on or is it both?

And, I might add, they continue to propagate these myths knowing full well that they have been proven untrue

As for: reflected over-optimism by academics and politicians.

1. She has medical knowledge. In fact she, actually, has far more than that. She has a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, a Graduate Diploma in Epidemiology and a PhD.
2. More importantly, she is South Australia's Chief Public Health Officer FFS! That is neither academia or politics. I'll throw the CPHO's in Qld, NSW & Victoria under the same bus for propagating the same falsehoods.
3. There is no, and never has been any, qualification to these assertions that they are/were not 100% true. Their actions were/are not "speculation". These are statements made as "fact".
4. If the people with medical qualifications within the States' Health Departments knew that these statements were speculation, why didn't they advise that the advice was unsafe?
5. If the medical "fraternity" knew that these statements were speculation, where are the protests and counter advice from them? (To their credit, some have, and have subsequently been terrorised by AHPRA for their honesty)

People have lost their jobs, been jailed, vilified and victimised because of all these people and their actions.

As for the wholesale concealment of the side effects of these jabs + the intimidation of those that speak out: that is just at a whole different level
by Jimmy_041
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I take your points, all of you, but the nub of my argument remains.

Who they choose and for what end is up to them. They choose to get young players they think will develop into AFL players. Fine, that's what's important to them. But if Centrals (or any of the fine upstanding pure SANFL clubs) were gifted the opportunity to spend vast amounts of money on whoever they wanted, and none of other 7 clubs were allowed the same grace, then you start to see the issue. What defines any other league is the common rules all teams work within, and boundaries that define equal opportunities (the fixture, the salary cap etc) and we don't have that here.
by Doddy
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree the integrity of the league is completely comprised but don't think Port have a performance 'benefit' given the fact neither AFL club has won a flag in how many seasons.
By the end of 2013 Port was arguably the worst performed team in the SANFL. Had the longest finals appearance drought and longest finals win drought, IIRC.

After 2014 the team wearing the former Magpies guernsey made 3 of the next 6 Grand Finals, being within 6 points of the premiership cup in 2 of those matches.

Coincidence?
by Pseudo
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst we are discussing all things AFL in SANFL...

I had no dramas with the Port v Dogs game being played at Oval Ave. It was Port's home game and therefore they had a right to choose the venue.

But the timing... the game was held at 7 40 with the reason given to allow for the support staff to attend AO and then go straight to the SANFL game.
Yet, what thought was given to Centrals support staff? A 7 hour gap in the middle of the day making it too difficult for many who were not able to fulfil roles for both teams.
The Dogs proposal of a 1pm start for the league game was not accepted by Port.
Why should the sanfl clubs bend for the afl clubs? Isn't this an sanfl comp? So shouldn't the afl clubs be the ones who should bend in situations like this?
by northerner
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |