Search found 566 matches

Return

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Re the discussion about applying the duties of the Corporations Act more generally it's a very good point (and should certainly be applied to leaders of Trade Unions while we're at it).

One of the unforseen problems with the introduction of ICAC has been that government and local government now sees anything that doesn't rise to the level of maladministration to be appropriate levels of governance and accountability.

It's shit. Instead of raising the bar they now have it just low enough they can barely clear it. Again, the lowest category is maladministration. Which is the equivalent of "you're not very good at your job"

If the decree is that you're not not very good at your job, then .... by a leap of logic one would assume that you're ok at your job.

Do we want to be putting people in jail for only being ok at their job now?

No they should not be going to jail for being ok.
But they should be striving to be better than "not shit".

I'm with Jo here, so much dead wood in Local Government that gets away with being "not shit".
by Trader
Fri May 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The private sector is so much more efficient than the public.
There are examples you can point to in both of poor efficiency but as a whole, private outstrips the public by the length of the straight. Rubbish.

Call Telstra
Call your energy supplier
Call your bank
Call your internet provider
Call your Council

Time them all. Then come back in here and tell me the private sector is efficient.

The might be efficient at making money, but that's it.

Quick timelines does not necessarily mean you're efficient.

Lets say the private sector produces 1 widget every day using 1 man.
If Local Government can produce that same widget by lunchtime, are they more efficient even though they employ 7 staff to do it?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind local government is over resourced for the output they produce.
by Trader
Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Dealt with in house

Play on, nothing to see here

Para hills still have not lodge paper work to make offical. Yet and will also have doctor report from hospital when you say in house west croydon or league I doubt para hills guy or club will let slide

Good on Para Hills.
Clubs shouldn't be able to escape sanction if it is proven their player did the wrong thing, they should face the consequences.
by Trader
Wed May 23, 2018 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day the rate payers will judge you on performance. If the parks and community centres are well looked after and services such as waste collection for example is sorted the most people arent going to give a crap about council politics.

To me and from conversations with plenty of people, the general consensus is that your average joe is over the political squabbles. Just wants the job to get done without having massive rate hikes. Agree.

Onkaparinga are an industry leading Council and are often at the top on awards nights.

Again it comes back to perception of value.

I've right now got two e-mails on top of each other. One resident has said I'm the best thing since sliced bread and a wonderful asset to Council. The one below it is borderline abusive. They're addressing the same issue.

Let me help you.
The second one is correct.
by Trader
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

$205 / qtr.
Roughly $11 of that is water useage, the rest is supply costs.
by Trader
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

PS Your conclusion that Elizabeth seem to be lucky and come out at the lower end is the most meaningless sentence ever written on her

You're right, and thank you for picking me up on it.
Elizabeth's luck this season pales into insignificance when you consider what the league have allowed SN to get away with over the last 5 years.

Remember when Jessen belted that bloke behind the play and the league looked the other way?
Or what about when James Hay was running around clocking blokes against Uni and the league looked the other way? (Photo below to rejog your memory).

So yes, you are right, Elizabeth's luck hasn't really been that good after all.

Or are you going to disagree again because the above examples also don't fit into your conspiracy theory that the league has it out for all the clubs on the wrong side of grand junction road?

http://i65.tinypic.com/6xsnsk.png
by Trader
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Literally giving it 30 seconds of thought but would a system which revolves around games played by games suspended be a better basis to ban for life etc.

That’s literally as much thought as I’ve given it

Would you reward a clean record or punish a bad one?

I'd suggest the vast majority of players have an unblemished record. To say you are one of the majority shouldn't get you a reward in my opinion.

52 suspensions over 11 weeks so far.
Assume roughly 20 week season = say 100 suspensions a year.

20 divs, 10 teams per grade (close enough), assume 30 players per team = 6,000 players in a season.

98.3% of players go unsuspended in a season.
Extrapolating that out, 85% of players are not suspended in a career that lasts a decade. (and this number is higher if you consider within those suspended there is a higher weighting towards "repeat offenders" vs "first timers"

To say you have a clean record doesn't carry much weight if you ask me.
by Trader
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have the League made a decision at this stage in regards to Salisbury North's points? Are they put back to zero and therefore only one other side will be relegated or have they not made any decisions around this at this stage.

If only one other side is going to be relegated massive game this week between GG & Iggies!!

There's probably more pressing issues to deal with right now, like the rules for clearances, as we approach June 30.

I believe the league is seeking member clubs input as to whether they allow internal transfers and if so, how many per club etc...

Would have thought it was fairly simple.
Player points apply.
As many as they want can go to the same club, however SN have the right to refuse clearances after the third to any one club.
Not sure what scenario would need new rules to apply.
by Trader
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

20k from one home game???
That's a fair amount of profit!

If the average item sold was $5 (accounting for alcohol prices that are higher but general canteen products that are cheaper) would need about 4000 transactions in the day. Seems a hell of a lot!!!

That's revenue, not profit. Assuming costs are half, then they need 8000 transactions.

It's not impossible, but seems a lot.
by Trader
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Yup, no play on the 8th of December due to the test.
Play a 2-dayer on the 15th and 22nd.
Then rest on BOTH the 29th of Dec and the 5th of Jan.
Play a 2-dayer on the 12th and 19th Jan.
Then rest again on the 26th for Australia day.
Then get back into it in Feb.

So 2 games in 62 days from December 2nd through to Feb 1st.
So, are you saying we start on 6 October 2018 and have Semi Finals on 23/24 March 2019 and Grand Finals on 30/31 March 2019. That leaves 20 Saturdays for cricket. 9 x 2 Day games and 2 x 1 Day games. Are you sure?

I understand that is the proposal, yes.
1 dayers on the 1st of december and 16th of march.

IF you have a look at the survey the turf put out, this 20 week season is indirectly mentioned:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGBW77B

Q1 Part C
Recent conversations has resulted with suggestions for the C’ grade competition to be an 8 team competition where the clubs will play a home and away fixture based on 7 x two day matches and 7 x one day matches. In considering such a change it is important to remember we need 21 weeks of cricket each season to enable this to happen which will require dispensing with the semi-final round and only play a grand final between the 2 top teams.

I'm not overly happy about it to be honest.
I understand why we aren't playing on Dec 29th, but the other 3 dates are prime weekends for cricket.

Clubs were asked to vote previously and voted that we only had the test match weekend off if it was an ashes year, no idea why that hasn't been followed this season.
Last year we played on Jan 6th, this year jan 5th we don't
We've always played Australia day weekend, this year we aren't?

I get that everyone isn't super keen to play cricket every weekend, but why are those that want to be playing cricket watering down their opportunities to play just to appease those that aren't actually that keen to play.
We do the same with the watering down of the C1-C3 comps (no second innings points, captains can call the game off at tea on day 2, etc), and I don't agree with it.

Turf cricket gets washed out due to rain, not only on Saturday but also if it rains on Thursday or Friday (and sometimes even Wednesday can knock it out). In Adelaide we also lose weekends under heat policies. Now we are choosing to remove a further 3 weekends just to keep those "not that keen" playing the game.
by Trader
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, "they" the association.

The survey was a range of potential rule tweaks, like going to 60 over days in the C1 and C2 comps instead of the current 72, which is already down from 80 that A1-B3 play.
by Trader
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately at turf level, a lot of clubs aren't exactly proactive. A lot (not all, some are very good) of delegates are there because they have to be, not because they want to take an active interest in the direction of the association. As a result, we get in these situations where complaints are highlighted, positives ignored and everything gets watered down because 1 person complained about 1 thing.

eg: a delegate mentions "Our club had troubles fielding a side first week back after the xmas break", now the association delays the return by a week.
another club "we had 4 kids go on a Australia day weekend up the river, filling our side was hard", now the association pulls all games that weekend.
a third club "we have 15 players who are SACA members and want to get pissed at the test rather than play" so now we have that weekend off too.

Don't get me wrong, running the association is not only a thankless job, you also do it with very little assistance, but right now, I'm concerned the association is looking at the complaints a little too much, rather than focusing on the core objective; playing cricket.

There are probably parallels to wider society in the above, but that's a chat for another day.
by Trader
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:I have sent/received literally thousands upon thousands of Express Post parcels for work, very few have any issues (0.001%), all comes back to when they were lodged.

1 issue in 100,000 is a very good strike rate indeed.
by Trader
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

So will the association president go to the ground to cross reference the photos sent vs the players playing?
Seems a bit redundant unless the photos also go to the opposition who can cross-check.
by Trader
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Jan 26 is baffling, no long weekend so should be playing.

The last time Australia Day fell on a Saturday was 2013 and there was no cricket that weekend either

2012/13 was also when they were trialing the 10 teams per grade and we only had 9 rounds as a result.
Not only did we have australia day off, the season started a week later, and finished a week earlier, avoiding likely wash outs.

This year we are playing on the first weekend of October and the last weekend of March, but only playing 2 days of cricket in the 41 days from Dec 23 to Feb 2nd.
by Trader
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

SACA tries to strengthen grade cricket by reducing the number of teams, Grade clubs vote against it.
SACA creates an elite comp to try and reduce the gap between grade cricket and first class cricket, grade clubs say its a waste of money.
Grade clubs complain they aren't taken seriously.

The sooner the SACA completely dismantle the grade comp and invite 8 clubs to a new league the better.
by Trader
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you need a hug FC?

BTW, I love the irony of you overreacting to their alleged overreactions.
by Trader
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Merging grade and atca wouldn't work. Blokes are leaving grade cricket in their prime because they don't have to play Sundays.

Merging isn't really being suggested, more so a new structure above turf (ie 8 clubs), with the leftovers to find a new comp, which would most likely be ATCA.
Those 8 clubs can still play their sat/sun games, 11am starts, large training commitments etc.

As you say, there are already blokes 'dropping back' to turf cricket due to the reduced commitment, so trying to maintain a 13 club pool of dedicated players is too tough to remain effective. Get that back to 8 and the comp will be of a reasonable standard.

The turf comp then can be a feeder to district.
by Trader
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Had to get 3x posters done urgently for NAIDOC Week.. sent them to our graphic designer, all she had to do was put photos on our company spec background.. simple as hell.. took her about an hour.. bill just came in - $4k :shock: :shock:

There is an old story of a boilermaker who was hired to fix a huge steamship boiler system that was not working well.

After listening to the engineer’s description of the problems and asking a few questions, he went to the boiler room. He looked at the maze of twisting pipes, listened to the thump of the boiler and the hiss of the escaping steam for a few minutes, and felt some pipes with his hands. Then he hummed softly to himself, reached into his overalls and took out a small hammer, and tapped a bright red valve one time. Immediately, the entire system began working perfectly, and the boilermaker went home.

When the steamship owner received a bill for ten thousand dollars, he became outraged and complained that the boilermaker had only been in the engine room for fifteen minutes and requested an itemized bill. So the boilermaker sent him a bill that reads as follows:
For tapping the valve: $2.00
For knowing where to tap: $9,998.00
TOTAL: $10,000.00
by Trader
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

So footy Chick, are you offering to pay for the victims medical bills, surgery costs, down time from work? If he does not press charges he is out of pocket thousands of dollars. Calling him an attention seeker is disgraceful. He didnt ask to have his face smashed.

While I don’t agree with FC’s sentiments, it’s very clear she didn’t say what you are implying.
In fact, FC clearly states the victim is within his rights to press charges.
What FC is calling out is the fact he had camera crews on the spot to meet the thug at the cop shop.

If this was about getting costs back, the victim and TOSser’s wouldn’t have needed to release the footage all over social media in the way in which they have.

While I feel sorry for the lad who’s had his face caved in by this thug, I don’t have sympathy for TOSFC. Their behavior for a number of seasons has been below par, and while this punishment doesn’t fit their crime, there is an element of ‘if you play with fire, you get burnt’.

All the best to the lad with the broken jaw.
by Trader
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 6R
Para hills v Elizabeth this week
Winner into the gf against luthies

While I agree this is probably the only outcome they could have come up with, it’s a little harsh on Para Hills.

Para Hills by rights should have two chances to make the Gf, but effectively have been handed a loss against luthies in the semi and fast forwarded a week to the prelim.

A little unlucky all in all.
by Trader
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Thomas from Modbury won the C6 medal last year with 26 votes in a team that also only won 2 games. Maybe the same club umpire was doing their C1's this year. It's one thing for a club umpire to show a bit of bias with decisions out on the field but a bit of integrity with casting of votes would be nice. "Legranding" has to stop otherwise the league may as well cease handing out medals in grades that have club umpires.
It's not always the umpire's fault. In the lower grades, votes are still done manually and given to team managers. All club umpires need to be given access and training on how to use the match day app and the two umpires can then enter the votes together straight after the game.

Someone changing the original votes given by the umpires is not on

Agreed, years ago when I umpired for a club I kept a record of all the votes submitted and then compared to the final votes from the league.
At three away games the umpires votes were changed, 1 where the away side lost by 14 goals and ended up with the 3,2 and 1!

That said, there was also a game where my club were responsible and the votes ended up changing! When I abused the team manager he admitted he lost the votes that week and then made up his own to submit to the league rather than hassle the umpires for them again! haha
by Trader
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Yeah, still watching.
Have found it interesting the Brian has found himself on the outer, thought he would have been better at blending in.

The game seems fairly obvious in which direction it will tend from here.
The promo's have hinted at the merge tonight, which means it will still be champions vs contenders as the new tribes haven't had much time to create meaningful new relationships.
8 champions vs 5 contenders at merge, and of those 5, both benji and Robbie have already shown they are keen to flip on the remaining contenders (sent Tegan packing last week when they could have saved her).

So basically its going to be 8+2 on 3.
Champions have stacks of numbers, can flick Brian whenever they want along with the remaining 5 contenders. Fenella and Shonee likely to be the first ones in the gun for mine.

The only real question for mine comes down to Lydia's recent comments about keeping the stronger players. It will be interesting to see if that stretches far enough to keep Robbie and Benji over say Sam and Sharn. I suspect she was just saying it to keep them onside, but perhaps there is an element of truth to it all?

Mat, Lydia and Steve would be the main three from here you'd expect, though Steve is starting to go a little bonkers (talking about 'being human' is a form of enlightenment) so might shoot himself in the foot later in the game.

Sharn, Sam, Shane, Shonee and Fanella need to work out quickly where they are. I suspect at the initial merge, the first three will be happy to flick the latter two, and then they'll find themselves short of numbers unless they can get Heath and Brian in as well, but that would still only be 5 out of 11 (assuming Robbie and Benji are still following Lydia everywhere she goes).

I hope the mis-fits can put something together (eg: get two of the big three to think the other is unbeatable and therefore cause any early split) in order to keep it unpredictable, but for now, it looks likely it will be a bit of a white wash from the champions.
by Trader
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, hinted at it in the last paragraph, but certainly didn't expect it to come from Shane. Good to see she's willing to play the game a bit.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Obviously Mat, Sharn and Steve were all onboard, albeit reluctantly in the case of Sharn, so they have at least managed to keep themselves in the voting majority, though they have certainly upset Sam.

Sam understands that it was 'too early' in the game to split their core and now it's going to be a sh!t storm for the next 8 votes rather than say the last 3-4.

Agreed, great that Robbie and Benji are massively on the outer. that said, with so many players left, and Sam looking to stir things up, they could easily get a lifeline.

Sam and Sharn could easily grab Fenella and Shonee, who although voted in the majority, clearly weren't part of the decision making, along with Benji and Robbie to make a 6 and pick off the remaining 5 (Shane, Mat, Steve, Brian and Mon).
The issue with that could be that Sam and Sharn aren't comfortable being 2-4 down in their alliance of 6 with 4 original contenders?

That means they might look to say Mon and Brian to form a group, or alternatively use Shane to target another big name in Mat or Steve, though I don't see Sam wanting to work with Shane right now.

As disappointing as it was to see Lydia go, it's probably the best thing for the season, as the game is well and truly alive right now, with so many more options for how things can play out over the coming episodes.
by Trader
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, not surprised, as we don't really need it.

Only need to know by October 4th where to send your players on Oct 6th.
Most ovals have two teams on them (eg: A's and B's, or C's and D's), so curators know to prepare a deck anyway.

The season dates are out there.
The teams in each grade are out there (for those that like to do some early 'homework' on their opposition)
The final fixture doesn't really matter.

The good thing about the turf leaving it as late as possible to release is they can tweak it to suit the last minute withdrawals / additions of teams from clubs who have an unexpected influx / loss of players.

If the fixture is released early, then you end up with a heap of byes in each of the grades (especially the lower ones like B3-C2 and LO4-LO6).
By waiting as long as possible, the turf can shuffle sides as required.

I'm sure it will be out by the 21st of September, if not earlier.
by Trader
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Goodwood friends, in the event we're adequately staffed at Payneham tomorrow freeing me up, what's the parking situation likely to be with the Show on tomorrow?

No effect? Some effect? Cooked?

With the train and tram lines in that area there isn't an easy walk through from the oval to the showgrounds, and as such, it isn't too bad for parking, especially if you park in a backstreet at the southern end of the oval.
by Trader
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barefoot investor

Yeah, super should be higher than 9.5% and its a pity recent governments haven't been able to push that figure up to where it should be.
You're only talking about 5.5% so agree, no real harm in giving it a push along now.
If you were looking to shove 30% of your income (ie: all your savings) in that direction I'd have a few alarm bells going off, but at 5.5% it seems fine.

Good luck with it.
by Trader
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think there are a lot of problems with the fixture as a few grades have now been taken down.

Also see Gepps are to play Golden Grove at Harpers Field 2 games in a row in C1.

I know all too well how this happens, its a dogs breakfast the with the mycricket draw creator. Im sure its fantastic for all the premier competitions in the states who have the same amount of teams in every grade and the same clubs in each and play the same format in each grade at the same time.
Makes it hard when you have a two day comp and a one day comp where an oval is shared between 2 teams in the different comps

ATCA doesn't use the mycricket draw creator.

With 60 clubs of all different sizes and make ups, sharing ovals, etc, they can't possibly do it that way.
They use a base draw which has roughly 60 clashes in it, then go through and tweak the draw game by game as they can to minimise the clashes.
They then email the remaining clashes out and make it the club's responsibility to sort an oval.
I know of one club already that has 'home games' for 5 sides on 6 different ovals this season, and still they have issues with clashes.
by Trader
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Love all these SFL guys trying to talk up Hackham and what grade they should be in with the AdFL next year.
News flash guys, the AdFL aint taking your problem off your hands for you. We've got enough of our own problem clubs. You guys can clean up your own mess.
by Trader
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Accepting blokes from clubs that didn't make the 8. It's the same mistake Port made last off-season.
by Trader
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loved Monday night, getting Mat out was another good move to open the game up further.

That said, last night I found a little perplexing.

Brian and Mon were the minority two in a 5 that included Benji, Shonee and Fanella.

They've jumped ship back to the champs to me a minority two in a 5 that now includes Sharn, Steve and Shane.

For mine, the second group is much stronger. It's harder to beat them in challenges, stratergy and jury votes. It also now means Brian and Mon have betrayed both sides, meaning more enemies.
In a game that is champion heavy, I would have thought you'd want to be the only champion left getting votes from a jury.

Brian has also now left himself without a bigger 'target' in the game. He is now the target. He could have rallied the troops to attack Benji at any time, doing it this far out was a strange move.

Based on the above, Brian and Mon's move didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Secondly, I'm not sure why Benji had Shonee play the advantage. If they had Brian and Mon they didn't need it, and without them they were never winning last night and he should have played his idol.

From here, the only move I can see Brian making is to now have a final 4 deal with Mon, Fanella and Shonee. We'll see how that plays out.

Despite last night's strange moves, I have loved the season how any time someone gets some form of power they are booted straight away. Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well!
3 have now left with idols in their pocket.
Will Brian make it 4?
by Trader
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the fact that Walkerville CC has been telling him they play in Premier League.

When the hot northerly is blowing at Park 9 in the middle of December and he's under a poorly pegged tent as the 'clubrooms' I recon he's going to smell a rat.
by Trader
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

SANFL is to AFL as College Football is to NFL.
College Football has a record attendance in excess of 115,000.
by Trader
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brian!!! what an idiot.

Has taken himself from what should be a 4-1 majority to a 3-2, and pissed off one of his 3!

Idols have to be played with 5 left, so hopefully he's not stupid enough to leave it in his pocket tonight.
by Trader
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

The good thing about calling a head count in a reserves game is it takes a lot of time. If you're protecting a 3 goal lead with 3 mins to go, call a headcount and you win! haha
by Trader
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't worry HH3, I get what you are trying to say, and you are correct.
IF the reons add less value than they cost, then he loses.
IF the renos add more value than they cost, then he is winning. That money comes from somewhere, and that somewhere is her.
by Trader
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, Grubby really turned the tide with that question.
It was one of the better final tribal councils actually.
Turned out to be a good season.

Now lets hope the David vs Goliath season picks up a bit.
by Trader
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah the American reunion shows aren't worth it anymore.

Interestingly a few of the aussie contestants didn't say a single word (that made it to air) in this reunion show (Ninja Steve and Paige for example).
by Trader
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

May as well give him away for free too.

In: effective Pick 60
Out: Polec, Wingard, Pittard.

Go us!
:roll:
by Trader
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Trader wrote:Can only assume the curator is still getting used to the new square. :?: :?: :?:.

Or they're shit.

I was trying to be polite, but yeah, that's always a chance. :D
by Trader
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every council does it differently.

NPSP has an in-house curator and charges the Payneham Sports Association in turn. This is an annual fee tied into the lease agreement which includes access the buildings etc.

ACC charge peppercorn leases for the oval, and then the lease holder is responsible for all ground and building (toilet block) maintenance.

Charles Sturt charge a minimal fee ($565 per season) and does the grounds and building maintenance, however the cricket club is then responsible for the pitch itself. Generally they can either do it themselves, or get someone else in to do it on their behalf, at a cost of roughly $150 per week.
Interestingly, I am aware of a club that has one of the CS ovals, gets it for the season for their juniors on Sundays, but doesn't allow anyone else to take over the Saturday lease. Said club then sub-leases the Saturday component, at a rate of $350 per week. Basically they rent it out twice of the 20 weeks for the season and they are already in front on the season hire fee, and get their other 18 weeks for free.

Burnside Council also lease out ovals, however they are the tightest of the lot. Generally charge in the order of $150 per week, and that only gets you access to the oval. You then have to get your own pitches prepared on top of that.
by Trader
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

1 That Menz have brought back the Violet Crumble. Onya.

2. That Menz have just obtained the rights to the Polly Waffle. About a year away from production.

This is funny, because I actually don't know one person that actually liked polly waffles - I think they became more popular when they weren't available anymore :lol:

Polly Waffles are great.
by Trader
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Brisbane :
In - pick 6, 35 and future 3rd rounder
Out - pick 5 and Mayes to Port

I don’t understand that from Brisbane at all

Brisbane 'lost' 127 points on the downgrade from 5 to 6.
Pick 35 is 'worth' 522 points. So they've won there.

Mayes for a future 3rd rounder is nothing. Players a lot better than Mayes are going for lower than 3rd rounders.

I think Brisbane did fine here.
by Trader
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

jackpot jim wrote:Where was the MORNING watchman to protect S Marsh ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure thats the end of his Test career after yet another failure ?

Shaun was the morning watchman trying to protect Mitch...
by Trader
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

pffft if you own a mobile phone and the screen does not have a crack, do you even own a mobile phone?

I'd never dropped a mobile phone in my life until Sunday. True story.

and the screen didn't even crack, it just went black.

Maybe it's a boy thing - my brother replaces phones at the rate of knots because he's forever dropping them.

I know you're upset at the moment, but if you could refrain from throwing around the gender stereotypes that would be great.
by Trader
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Lightning McQueen wrote:The word "shit ton".

It gets thrown around at work a bit, it makes no sense to me.

Hopefully this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzAnUzpROzA
by Trader
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The capital of Australia is A
by Trader
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:A NSW punter has outlayed $110k & taken a boxed trifecta in the Cup with EVERY RUNNER EXCEPT YUCATAN - for 10 units.

That's a gutsy punt!

He got the trifecta but took a big loss ($80 odd k)

Could have just laid it to place on betfair....
by Trader
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Not upset with a smaller crowd. Means I don't need to bother getting in early to grab a good seat, can move around a bit and generally not have to sit next to as many w@nkers like me.
by Trader
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |