Search found 101 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

If you think I played for Eagles you'll be mightily diappointed Days. Haven't played for a long time and I think you'll find I post on a number of other league sites.
Not just yours.
As I said I know Clusey and a Eudunda player - tough to work out even for you.'I've heard rumours. Believe me or not, no concern of mine.
I doubt the guy you're thinking I am can write in a sentence - apologies Nocyrils - let alone post a comment.

That was the most unconvincing explanation I think I've read :D
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hotspur wrote:Do you have another agenda swamp?
What's happening at your club?

Not a real lot.... players and coaches are enjoying the off season by all reports.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The old format for the SAFooty site.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would say the Barossa FC A grade team, for one, would be highly competitive in Div 1 amateurs - is that what you are asking? I'm not suggesting every country team would be, but what I am saying is that Div 1 amateurs is not the "our shit don't stink" standard the city folk seem to think it is.
For you to say that no country teams would be competitve in the A1 is an absolute joke. There are numerous country footy sides that bat past their top 10 players. You don't need 18 stars in your team to be competitive.

As for the 3 sessions a week your questioning...... you said it yourself twice train and one recovery!!! Over the course of the season its three times as many sessions that most country players train.

Remember what my intial post was all about - the fact that more and more gun players don't want to play amateurs!
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footys the winner wrote:What teams only train once a week? Sign me up.

If you were living in Adelaide and playing in most country areas around the State, most clubs would quite reasonably expect you to train once per week. Is my theory really that hard for you blokes to grasp? :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, what do we think of the rule about clubs not playing trial matches after the season has started?

There is a huge issue with the overlapping of seasons developing lately.

With the 2014 year expected to start on April 5 and cricket (Stanley comp) to finish March 29, there really is no time for trial matches for anyone who plays summer sport, particularly cricket.

It's getting ridiculous.

Question that this raises for me is - why? What problem has the rule solved? Why was the rule introduced?

I know the APFL has always been anal about clubs playing trials if they have the bye - some BS about reducing crowds at the other games ... blah blah

Its pretty clear that team who have the bye first week get an extra week to prepare for their first game. Given the short time frame between cricket and footy, an extra week during that period, when no players have other sport committments and are able to play an extra trial game for footy is clearly an advantage.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to stop? Don't need to stop them if the ball cant get there??
Proko will be great for the kick long down the line style that longies play.

Since 2007, the big man has played at West Adelaide, South Gawler, Whyalla, North Clare, Bute and is now looking for a fresh start somewhere. Is he shopping around or do these clubs get rid of him? Seems odd given how much talent the bloke has.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Fitness test :shock:
My mail is he wasn't right and everyone knew
it but obviously you and the coach.
As for Johncock quality player but surely you would pick your best side.
Are you saying because you had Johncock he was worth two players so
just play a fill in.
17's lost, B grade lost & A's lost.
I think this is a good example of pick your best & fittest side.
GC rolled the dice and lost hope they learn from this.

Easy to take a swipe at a team that lost a GF by 5 pts. Get a life!
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)

Seems a much more logical way forward than the one they've taken in the past. Is Zanandrea playing on?? I heard he is sniffing around for $$ with Goodie in the SE.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Again, he wouldn't be the first person - players do travel more than an hour to play country footy

I'd be keen to hear how you get to Streaky from Adelaide in an hour or three for that matter.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again, he wouldn't be the first person - players do travel more than an hour to play country footy

I'd be keen to hear how you get to Streaky from Adelaide in an hour or three for that matter.

Think a couple of brothers once invented some thing called a plane?

I completly overlooked that :shock: . I wondered what about the landing strip and the chartered learjet parked outside the home ground of the mighty west coast hawks was all about.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard some puzzling news last night that the Grand Final will be held at Two Wells in 2014. Woweee.....

What's so puzzling about that swamp.

Guess I should reserve my judgement until the building works are finished, but in its present form the changerooms are a disgrace.

I think you'll find that the place has been knocked down and renovations have commenced. Should be all complete by TW first home game

Really? Thats awesome. Looking forward to checking it out. Must admit the playing surface seemed much better last season.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:
the joker wrote:How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year

Who?

I googled him and this came up. This is his highlight reel Ace.

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com.au/200 ... iessa.html

I have heard he is pretty handy tho.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it

Jamie Solly is both. He will dominate this league. Quote me on that.

By dominate do you mean consistently play a key role and kick plenty of goals when provided with the opportunity?

Without dismissing your comments (as I have not seen this bloke play), but he will need a big engine to "dominate" in this league, especially if united struggle in the middle - which they will if they do not pick up a reasonable ruckman.

Not a problem. Last 2-3 years doing port adelaide league preseason builds the tank pretty well.

Are you his mother or something? Note to Sols, don't drop the soap when ftw is around :D
by Swamp Donkey
Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stork wrote:What other clubs started this week, I thought I saw some lads in HWE polo's at the Pt Wakefield Rd Servo last night.

Also, are any trials arranged yet?

I pulled up sore from thinking about training in a couple of weeks time let alone trials :shock: Not far away though I guess :shock:
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greatbloke2386 wrote:Heard he was getting a bit of money for petrol people are saying he plays for the love of the game

Until someone actually knows who he is, I don't think anybody really cares..... :?
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes i know im back!!!!! Thanks guys i have missed you all too. So United Vs Virginia this year would be like a Saisbury North Internal. The big unit from Balak gone, Coaching troubles at Hummocks already, Hamley picking up some so called guns lol, Mallala looking strong again and Two Wells........ No one really cares about Two Wells . Looks like we are in for a interesting year.

Hey BigVagina , maybe it's this attitude that gets you knocked out by them in the finals every year? :lol:

Thanks mate id prefer BigVagina any day, its better then BigCock!!! ;)

Its always good to get feedback from folks that have tried both I guess BigV :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of whining and carry on for a trial, just seem to be the kind of guys that aren't good for a club.

and one longy bloke landed a blow on a freo blokes chin, with the freo bloke having to go to hospital like I said not ideal in a trial game.

I must have been at the wrong game.

The only thing I can think where someone would have a sore chin was when one of our guys had the ball and fended off a would be tackler, and probably got him high on the chin (2nd or last quarter can't remember), but umpire called playon. I remember thinking at the time that bloke might be a bit sore, but I certainly wouldn't call it "landing a blow" especially since he had the ball in hand. :?

Freeling played much better than us, just a shame you feel the need to rubbish us after what I thought was a game played in good spirits. Each to their own though.

You might be right, just seemed one bloke was quite feisty for a trial. Other than a few things yes was played in very good spirits.

But time will tell on the rest of it I suppose.

Was it that number 18? Plays up forward mainly........ absolute thug :roll:
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who was out of mallala's side on Saturday?
The team didn't look to different?
Doesn't look to be a whole lot missing.

Rose didn't play for Two Wells either.

King, Griffiths, Matt Saunders, Troy Algar. Irrespective of the outs for Mallala, Two Wells completely outplayed them.

Mallala already making excuses. Seal X2??, no points left to accommodate 1 Seal which is why I believe they are at Jamestown. Two Wells had no Kahn Leighton, Nahthan Rose and Dylan Wise. Always a whinging bunch when they are rolled

Not sure what part of that post was whinging...... simply answering Kcco question Warrior and then praising TW for being far too good on the day.

Enjoy your time in the sun Warrior.... ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Round 2 update and we have a new leader/s

Can I propose that the weekly scorecard is accompanied by the following weeks fixtures OnSong? Yes I know I'm lazy......... :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hotspur wrote:Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

A cheap kettle! Kapunda pay players, especially locals? $1000 is their budget for a season. So never payed for nothing - get your facts straight.

Its the comedy hour!
by Swamp Donkey
Fri May 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey swamp that runner u mentioned was sent from the field
in the magoos on Saturday just gone crazy

And Saturday prior against two wells in the magoos
Those incidents are one and the same.

He kicked me in the shins behind the play in one game against Balak 6-7 years ago forcing me to spend the rest of the game on the pine with ####### sore leg. The club filed a report, but he got off because one of our witnesses stuffed things up. He's a peanut.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disagree on your analysis pie crap game windy conditions didn't help
Harris very impressive.
Pies should've Won by 3 goal
Sounds like a squeal regarding the umps!

Clearly not impressed by United then Hairy Cat? After United lead by 7 goal at qtr time and the pies were down to one player on the bench early in the second qtr, you believe Pies should have won by 3? I thought the young pies showed plenty of character to work their way back into the match from 40+ points down. I do agree the pies had several opportunities in the last qtr to steal it, as did United who also hit the post from 10 m out and a kick after the siren that fell just short. I think both side would be lamenting the missed opportunities, as is always the case in a drawn match. Both sides still in the mix though, with plenty of positives to take out of the game.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week.

Have I missed something here, which game?
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week.

Have I missed something here, which game?

Thought I read in the local paper that the Balak games is under lights this week. I'd better check again in case I'm the only one standing in the dark at Ralli park this weekend :shock:

Nice! I should buy the Producer!
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll take the weekend off thanks.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't attend the carnival on the weekend but heard today from someone that did that there were 14 or 15 former Eyre Peninsula boys playing in the other five teams.
I reckon Swamp or Maggie could put together a premiership team from the last decade or so ex/current Mallala.
Montgomerie x2
Whitwell
Fitzgerald
Pedlar
Would be a handy midfield to start.

Not all premiership players, but west coasters that have represented Mallala since mid 2000s.

This is just a quick attempt so I'm certain I would have missed a few others.

F S. Fitzgerald B. Harris J. Southern
HF Josh Seal M. Wauchope L. Whitwell
C: Co. Fitzgerald R. Francis J. Clements
HB: G. Pedlar M. Head Dale King
B: T. Evans J. Danis Ryan Montgomerie

R: C. Kenchinton J. Montgomerie J. Hollitt

Int. M.McEvoy N. Hornhardt
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.

What was the outcome? Injury/report??

Pontt knocked out concusion.
Report nil.

Couldn't have been that bad if Two Wells didn't lodge a report.

On a different note, and I hate talking about this because I realise our league is really struggling to get umpires, but.............I think we witnessed a poor umpiring performance on Saturday in the match between Mallala and Hamley, one umpire in particular was poor.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if that was a deliberate act by the big fella or not. I didn't exactly see the event unfold but I've heard different stories by people from two wells saying it was and it wasn't.

What was the outcome? Injury/report??

Pontt knocked out concusion.
Report nil.

Couldn't have been that bad if Two Wells didn't lodge a report.

On a different note, and I hate talking about this because I realise our league is really struggling to get umpires, but.............I think we witnessed a poor umpiring performance on Saturday in the match between Mallala and Hamley, one umpire in particular was poor.

After bagging them last week, I thought I should compliment them this week after a fine job. The two umpires involved in Saturday's match between Mallala and Virginia I thought did a great job and were arguably the best we have had this season. I'm pretty sure anyone from Virginia would agree (maybe not Bascombe - possibly on report??).
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mathematically, United can still make the finals people. Long shot, but never say never.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the budget, what improvements would you make? Feedback will help guide next year's. Made several big changes this year and will continue trying to improve it, or abandon it all together.

Pretty sure you'll never please everyone. The team lists are in there, not sure what else people expect to be in it. Buy the producer or bunyip at the local shop before you walk into the footy if your looking for more info.
You won't find Adelaide Plains Dream Team in the Bunyip or Producer! #91points
Should've ramped up the intensity in junk time last week.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamley by 3 points.
A real arm wrestle between the teams. Hamley were about three goals up with 10 minutes to play. Mallala hit the front and Hamley fought back.
Mallala still without Earl, Montgomery, Cawrse. If they come back, that will sort out some serious mis matches today on Heberle and Thatch.

Umpiring was fairly average I thought :(

Great game at Hamley Bridge on the weekend. Hamley looked like they were going to run away with it a few times but Mallala just kept fighting back and almost pulled off last gasp victory.
It was a real shoot out and a great standard of footy.
If these 2 sides meet again in the grand final surely they have played each other enough times to realise who needs to be stopped.
Mallala need to stop Duncan, Stribling, Thach and Heberle
Hamley need to stop Montgomery, Clement, Harris and Parish

Take a breath......Mallala need to stop Balaklava first!
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Junior coach wrote:How much is to get into the game tomorrow. And is there any way of getting a esky into the ground with out getting caught.

Yep, take it in empty and buy beer from the bar.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Heard a little whisper that all uniteds recruits could be heading back to salisbury north

Solly & hood resigned befor season end I heard. And I know Ricky Thomas wants to go back to Salisbury north

Is that 'resigned' or 're-signed'?
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Nocyrils wrote:Did bill fuller put in for kadina coach next year. Surely not. Taylor out for most of if not all of next year. Requires knee reconstruction

Is Taylor a chance for the top job at the Bloods given he will be unable to be a part of the action on field with his knee?
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pine Warmer wrote:So solly kicked 39 and played half the year through the middle? Sounds like a pretty good player to me!

The disappointing part for United is that he appeared to have barely broken into a canter.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

countryfootyfan wrote:Parish from Mallala to Ardrossan? Any truth there??

I heard they are working through a trade at the moment. There are a few sticking points. Mallala want draft picks, Ardrossan want to part ways with players.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greggy Gregginson wrote:Rumour has it Beard gone from United?

Worthy of a SANFL pre-season at least with a club - gun.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:Heard the 6'6" bar man at Pie land heading for Ardrossan. I guess you could call him a Pie Floater :lol:

Clearly mis-information Lame Choice, I'm almost 100% certain he is 6'7"
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard new Bombers committee cutting the weekly spend from $6500 to $3000

Wow, $120,000 cut to $55,000! Big cut.. But did hear that last year there weekly budget was $9,500pg considering stribling was on the $1300 or there abouts and heard Duncan and dowdell were also not far off.. I would imagine there budget was very big! Still gotta put Herbele, Hanson, thach, Flynn, zanandrea appleton etc... others were in the mix also but would of been on less then this group...

Market value for a playing coach would not be far off the 1G mark, particularly for a strapping CHF like Hebs
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Hawk ??

Newton Lines Hawks
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

What's general sentiment on the RecFish SA proposed recreational fishing licenses currently being looked at?

About $30 a year they're saying, based on interstate models in NSW and Vic. The money will go towards rec fishing initiatives etc.
I'm not against the idea - is $30 more than Vic charges?

Same, provided the money is spent well.

Spend it on research I reckon. ;)

I couldn't agree more MC, fisheries research and development.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........

:lol:

In theory do you reckon people that live and grow up in the bustling town of Windsor should be assigned to us?
If so, I reckon we have missed out on the greatest player to ever come out of Windsor in the last 30 years. :( :D

Former WWT and Sth Adel league player Greg Chapman? Yes, it was unfortunate he is now living in the UK. I think his brother Jack is the front runner in more recent times. Struggling to add to the list at the minute. Previous contenders include Corrie Eichner and the likes of Colin MacKay, Chad Baker, Kevin Jenkin and Jim Barker.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:
What about the rumours of luke Powell and cicca coming back?

Cicca to Padthaway in the SE I heard
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Red Rocket wrote:How many have Hamley actually lost?
Have heard about 16 of last years side but surely thats just BS!

All these guys will return for 'Rock the Bridge 2015' to support the club though.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Perhaps Swamp you need to have seen the players in question play - I have - to make a reasoned appraisal. I find it laughable that someone could say anyone but Payne could make any of the BLG A grade teams. Probably some of the APFL A teams too. Though you'd know more about that than me.
And no, heads not in the clouds but in reality. The standard is better, particularly in intensity levels. Most APFL teams would struggle to win games in the BLG; fact. How many would be invited if the Plains league folded, Mallala...who else? You tell me and why.

Firstly, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on Payne.

Secondly, I think you may have misinterpreted the key point of my post. Not keen on wasting my time discussing rediculous hypotheticals. Interested to hear you think Mallala would make the invite list :?
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hidden Tiger wrote:Ex Kadina coach Im hearing from over here

Actually I did hear that. I think Greggy Gregginson may have mentioned that Gregg Clarke had the job ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:Pop ya glasses back on MC.

Put your phone down Ace and pick up ur Bin Tang. SAFooty going global.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One big question is how United go with getting Jake Birchmore from Mallala.

Lodged the clearance for Matt, wondering if they've gone after the younger sibling or not.

I assume Ware, Thompson x2 and Holm are all 3pts, Birchmore would be the final link in the chain?

They want him, he wants to play with his brother, if mallala have to clear him (unsure of that rule) then he will be gone!

Clubs generally end up having to clear a player if he wants to play in another association (at last resort via tribunal), but there is no obligation to clear a player when shifting between clubs in the same league.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |