Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

I think that's gettin a little ambitious. Weren't they belted in a div 7 GF.!!! If I were trinity I'd be wanting recruits coming north of the divs rather than sth. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound rude but I don't give a shit how handy people think players are or if ya playing with mates and ra ra ra! It ain't hard to look the bees knees in div 7. Most would be lucky to make the starting line up for trinity. But good for depth.

Some good points BI. Of course we want recruits from higher Div's to come but when you are a club that doesn't pay a cent to players, are in a location that is a fair way from where most people live and have the BLG league only a drop-kick away from you, recruiting from higher Div's is a big challenge. Unless they have a good mate at the club it generally doesn't happen. We would like to think that the culture we have created at the club is a great draw card but until people actually come and experience it, it's a tough selling point.

We weren't in Div 7 that long ago and I would still say that the best players in Div 7 were of similar calibre to the best in Div 5. The biggest difference is the depth of players in each team. Adding to our depth is an important focus at our club as we feel that could be improved significantly and if that is all that ends up happening with the recruits we get then hopefully that will help improve our squad with better competition for spots in the team. We felt we weren't far off the pace last year despite our final ladder position. I'm expecting next year to be a pretty even comp again.
by TOSSER
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Matt Perry who becomes the first TOSFC player to reach 150 games and becomes the first life member of the club today!
by TOSSER
Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst 2 umpires of the year today.

When is the saafl going to do something about it?

Week after week we get horrible umpires, I understand that we get the 50-60th best umpires in div 5, but its about time the Saafl actually did something constructive about the situation. I know its not a professional gig but perhaps some sort of coaching needs to be done. Have someone watch the game, I know they do have people that do this, but they just blow hot air up their arse and tell them they are doing a good job when they clearly are not.

One of our players today was sent off for getting kicked in the chest. Enough said.

I was within 10m of the incident with your sent off player before he got involved and in perfect view and the reason he got sent off was that a player from each of our teams were involved in a tackle and a bit of a wrestle on the ground afterwards and he ran over and struck our player in the head with a clean left and right in front of the umpire. That was why he was sent off.
by TOSSER
Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |