Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Junior Football

On junior footy, I notice NEMJFA's use of sports pulse has stuffed up with the actual scores of games being posted rather than the sanitised mercy rule results.

Jo, jo, jo, first we have an unofficial free kick count of 36-4 (who would actually consider doing this) and now we have NEMJFA stuffing up because their computer program doesn't work properly. Get a life please.

Let the bloody kids play and enjoy football, it is about them, not you.
by Bulls forever
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FWIW, my little bloke is playing U6's (he's just turned 5) and I think the rules for zones, no kicking off the ground, no playing on after a mark and no tackling/bumping are great.

My son is slower than a lot of other players, so to get the footy, he has to be running to the right position - and he's learning to play to his strengths.

The zones are good because we've got a couple of kids who would dominate the others in our team. Our coaches to start with were against the rules but have warmed to them after seeing our kids in action.

The only thing I would like to see is the assistant coach be allowed on the ground too. That way while the coach is organising the players near the ball, the assistant coach could look after a group without it. As it is, if the ball is up the forward 1/3, the back 1/3rd are playing in sand, dancing, singing and even skipping!

Hilarious to watch though!!!!

Gadj, let the kids build sandcastles, it is probably the most enjoyment they will ever get from footy. Unless you haven't picked it up yet, you cannot organise U6's to play football. Teach them the skills and let them have a kick. It is a great game, don't over coach at U6 level please.
by Bulls forever
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On junior footy, I notice NEMJFA's use of sports pulse has stuffed up with the actual scores of games being posted rather than the sanitised mercy rule results.

Jo, jo, jo, first we have an unofficial free kick count of 36-4 (who would actually consider doing this) and now we have NEMJFA stuffing up because their computer program doesn't work properly. Get a life please.

Let the bloody kids play and enjoy football, it is about them, not you.

It wasn't me, I was a mere spectator who was told the number. In any event I consider it a barrier to the kids playing and enjoying their football as the rules of the game had become rather arbitrary.

And my noting of the NEMJFA site not working was an observation, not a criticism. If you read through this thread you'll find I'm one of NEMJFA's biggest supporters.

Just unlike Jetters and yourself I think they're fallible rather than perfect. Through improving NEMJFA the kids can play and enjoy football because it is about them and not about YOU.

They are far from perfect, perfect is a place they or I will not reach. How posting on a Forum will assist them is beyond me. But I do have an idea, join the Executive of NEMJFA, like the other 10 volunteers on that committee and have a say in how NEMJFA is run. I admit to admiring the job they do, they have over 200 teams, who knows how many competitions - 16-18 perhaps, with 1 full time person and a bunch of bloody good volunteers that give up their time, mostly after having been involved at club level on committees there, to promote junior football. You can only appreciate what a great job they do, with the resources they have, when you have a understanding of what they actually do to run this huge junior competition. I don't, but through my association with other sports, I have a bit of an idea. They have been one of the most innovative junior sports over the past 10 years that I have seen.

BUT, if like most your association is purely through time your son / daughter spends playing football and then you move on, you will be unable to appreciate this.
by Bulls forever
Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

The relevance of the U19 addition is no longer an issue. I think the clubs have made it clear they would rather have a bye than lose their U19's. A 14th team is long in the future, two divisions would create a haves and have nots with all potential or current high performance players having to play in Div 1. The clubs have made it clear that they will not take decisive action to reduce the number of clubs, no one wants to merge, so 13 it is into the foreseeable future.

So the end result is we have a second tier competition that bears no relevance to high performance, there are numerous examples of that last year.
Fergie having two nets against the Bulls, but no he can't field at all.
Bowlers either not being allowed to bowl on Sat cause they have futures game starting Monday or only being able to bowl 10 overs.
Dalton making runs for fun in grade, it was only when he scored runs for second 11 he got a start, despite Raph's continual lack of runs.

So the GC committee have the competition they want where it is all about their club and nothing to do with their relevance to high performance or producing state and test cricketers.

The Premier League is here to stay.
by Bulls forever
Fri May 26, 2017 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also heard in the grape vine that west Torrens are approaching young Quick’s to help fill the void of Injuries and the fading away of Ben Williams

oh bloody hell. how dare they go around approaching players during the season. who do they thing they are? TTG? :lol:

haha :oops:

FS to be fair E14 is on the mark, not sure there is a player in A Grade that Sleepy hasn't spoken to about playing for TTG, but as we both know Weavs, Tev, Diesel and Co have very quickly told him to pull his head in where necessary and canned very quickly some ordinary blokes that Sleepy has lined up, thought he might of learnt, but obviously not.
Now E14
- none of our boys know or care what Gats did 2 or 3 years ago, he is a quality person and the ND boys will support that statement, very highly regarded made a mistake 2-3 years ago apparently, move on everyone else has.
- TTG stands proudly behind our junior development, you keep on bagging it, but give us nothing, you conveniently ignored my post outlining WT past credentials, obviously too close to the bone, Nielsen has stifled your recruiting policy with no more interstate players.
- interesting Oakley playing A grade tomorrow in full strength team, he's actually been training with West Adelaide which has hampered his cricket, he is now a machine who keeps on running in hard.
- info on Davey is rubbish, didn't want to keep in limited over stuff as it cost him half his footy season last year with recurrent niggles, but after a visit to hospital after limited over game with split webbing he will keep all the longer stuff, for how long, who knows, but we now have a premiership winning reserve keeper who did very tidy job in limited over stuff, if Anderson was worthwhile he would be keeping for ET. Sleepy has probably spoken to 8 or 9 grade keepers if I know how he operates, which I do.

As everyone who has an association with junior sport knows, the parents know what is best for their kids and they are all going to play test cricket. Unfortunately we have quality people associated with our club and its development, far better than most that do actually know somethin about the game and how best to develop kids, our pathway is proven and will continue to be robust. Interesting that we have 5 U16''s that have played seniors all year, varying from A to D Grade and our 16 R team are still going to play finals, probably bit better than most. Suggest you stop worrying about TTG and concentrate more on your own club, if kids wish to leave because of interfering parents, they are most welcome when they are 18 and open clearance applies.

Don't worry about Sleepy, he has some strange ideas at times, you seem to be the only one that takes him seriously.
by Bulls forever
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now the season is done its time to reflect.

Pet hate - I know we do it better than most at Perti with T20 games and looking after both teams players. What I really hate is the expectation our players will leave work at 3.30 say, travel to the ground, play a 3 hour game of cricket, walk off the ground and they can't even get a snag and bread at the ground. IMO the clubs that can't be bothered should not be able to host games. I know at Perti we have a great footy club that comes and supports us, buys beers and for the club it turns into a good night, but we have worked bloody hard to establish that.

Pet hate 2 - posters getting on here and bagging players for either no apparent reason or for something that happened a millennium ago. Move on, just remember at some stage we r going to have to forgive the current crop of Aussies, personally I have already moved on and await the penalty they get for being so stupid.

Deserve recognition. -
Kensington for borrowing our covers for C grade granny to ensure fairness, yes they have been returned.
Jones WT president who has already contacted our club in writing congratulating us on 2 premierships, with the "cliche" on GCC this is most unusual.
Page, Atkinson and Gatting who without their significant contributions it is unlikely our Fab5 would be celebrating this week.

TH - barking up the wrong tree (funny) mate, to quote "you can't handle the truth" - Jack N.
E14 - gee you did some research to provide that data and the answer is unlikely, but possible. As you have found out this year, you need talent, sound admin, good coaching and a reasonable amount of luck. The shorter the length of the game the more luck needed. Have checked and there were no posts from you about the other 10 premierships our Fab5 have won - touché.

Anyway go Modbury and Crows, keep us up to date on player movements, no doubt all will flock to Perti given Sleepy Has spoken to them all, and that is probably true.

PS - an unnamed club have offered Sleepy $30k to coach.
by Bulls forever
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |