Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Nothing against the Shoes but why have a point system if your going to do this? Sure Noarlunga have had a heap leave but they've made finals more times than not over the last 10 or so years. I wonder what clubs like Dingy, lonsdale, Christies etc think about this.
by words of wisdom
Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I say well done to the Shoes for just playing great footy. The beef I have is with the League. What is the point of having a points system if it can be changed at a minutes notice.
So, MVille Park were granted extra points a few years ago. On the surface it looked fair enough. The club was struggling, and this gave it a pulse. They surged into a Grand Final with good recruiting. Now here they are, missing the 8, and their B Grade were nothing short of deplorable.
Now we have a team that finished high up last year, granted extra points for fear of them dropping down the ladder in a hurry. They have done exceptionally well with their recruiting and now sit favourite with 1 game to go. They may or may not have used the extra points throughout the season, but that's not the point. The point is that the SFL Board decides how this comp will be run, changing rules when it has little idea of what really is going on inside the walls of a football club, and does it with complete disregard for the clubs it represents.

Good luck to both the Shoes and the Winies on the weekend. They have both played within the rules, even if the rules for some are different for others.
by Axle Rose
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sooooo the shoe win!!! Id personally like to thank the joke of a league we play in for starters!!!! Somehow at the start of the season the shoe were struggling and were granted extra points!!!!!!!!! So let me guess a team like the emus didnt make the G.F so there struggling so will the sfl grant this team more points!! How is this league still taken seriousley ??????? U tell me ??????
by sweendog
Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Vics - Can you please do me a favour and never become associated with the Brighton Bombers. It seems as though trouble follows you around. ;)
by Down the Hill
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maroon coats at the SFL have finally come up with a plan and I reckon it stinks. Playing a C grade/Div 2 on a Saturday is never going to work. Most C graders work then that's why they play Sundays.

Time to p*ss off Marion and Lonsdale and get another strong club like Blackwood to join the league and it will be back to the glory days

Just a question, not trying to be nasty but why would any club leave their current league and nominate to play in the SFL?
I'd be more concerned with which clubs will be leaving and what will be left of the SFL.

Our competition used to be a great one but it turned to crap when the two divisions merged. I assume the SFL was trying to force a couple of the weaker clubs to amalgamate/fold/leave by merging the divisions, leaving us with a strong 12-13 team comp. You can't blame them for trying but it was clear after a few years that it had not worked and would not work. That is when something should have been done. We're now left with a shell of a comp which will only get weaker and, in reality, will be gone within five years. Too little too late ...
by RFC 2010
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

have londale voted to leave the sfl on friday? Off to saafl??
So thats the end of the 2 div idea?

I too have heard this, members voted they would prefer to leave.

From what I've heard it was just a meeting throwing around some ideas, No voting done.
I heard the SFL President turned up and bagged the Ammos. A bit rich seeing as he's had a big hand in turning the SFL into the Titanic.
by Hasbeen
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the way the SFL is going i reckon it wont be long until it ends up like the SCA, deceased!
by The Hound
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FLAGSTAFF HILL FOOTBALL CLUB

Surely the Flagstaff Hill Football Club would be considering a potential move to the Hills Football League given the state of the SFL and the fact it is likely to get worse. I'd imagine approaching the HFL would only be due diligence.
by Afterthesiren
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |