Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Tough thing about trying to buy loyalty but forgetting to actually pay up.

You don't tend to get it.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn...

A Grade mass walkout. Of course that's what it is.

Have bought premiership sides (or died trying) the last 5 years and in that time have been at best ambivalent to not fielding a C Grade, a halfway competitive B Grade or juniors.

Chickens are well and truly coming home to roost

Kilburn has never fielded a competitive B grade side, always struggled to fill a C grade and have always paid their A grade side, this has seen them have success and big failures. I was there only 13 years ago when they won the div 1 flag and finished third the following year. Had great numbers the year after until Delaney left and hings went pear shaped from there. People in the club have worked so hard to attempt to get them back to where they want to be, I am very close to Dale and I guarantee is as president he is at that club for as long as he as at work to try and get things back on track. Maybe paying players isn't the answer but this is how they and many others made it to the top. Maybe it's caused the downfall or the guys coming through these days just don't show the loyalty that they used to. The thing about Kilburn is they are a proud club and hey will do whatever they have to to field two sides each Saturday. Last year guys of 40+ age put their hands up to play B grade and the same guys would do it again. I hope they get through and stat to get some numbers on the track.
by TEX07
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:another good re signing for the club... Mcveigh on board til 2017

That is a good signing, so much respect for this guy with what he went through and to still seem so strong in the public eye.
by TEX07
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

55 goal loss! Is that some kind of record?? just saw the team, 18 players only, Paul Dorian must be 45 years old. Choo choo the bridge is out. Bye bye Chics.

Dorian in the best players as well. yep and I was being kind with the 45

I challenge you to go down to Kilburn tonight and "be kind" to him see how that goes for you. Good on him and the others that have stuck around and will do so for the year - at his age he should be putting his feet up instead he is out there trying to help a club get through a bad time. They will do everything tahat they can to field a side each week - guys will cop the beatings - seriously was anyone really that surprised in the result today? We all knew they would be the easy beats but they chose to stay in Div 4 instead of moving back down grades or even to the C grade comp when a lot of other sides have. If they dont see the year out it wont be through lack of trying by people around the club.
by TEX07
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division VI 2014

I look forward to your weekly write up every monday! Hats off to you for doing it!
by TEX07
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Anyone who does anything to a child has to be not right in the head - I heard this news this morning and all I wanted to do was get home and see my kids - as humans we are absolute monsters at times. Name me another animal that would harm their own, and we are supposed to be the smarter race.
by TEX07
Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

The Dark Knight wrote:Pennywise- Yesterdays, their new album. Loving it!

Yep - bought this today and really liking it!
by TEX07
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

The only decision our club made was to bring on a 5th side with a whole group of mates wanting to play together. If they won a few games, that would be a bonus. Their results are not from a committee decision to try and have D grade success. What there results would be was unknown in November 2013 when we deicded to run with it the side

The fact is, if we didn't get a D grade up and running, from what you have all said, our C grade would have struggled anyway if they are that bad.

The D grade coach spends thursday night, friday afternoon and saturday morning trying to get players and they've had over 50 different players. The main difference is, Bundy has the ability to pull really good footballers out of nowhere and get them to have a kick. Those blokes he gets aren't going to play C grade because we aren't going to pick someone we've never even seen before

Take Jim Morrisson as an example. He trained twice in 2012 to play A grade and did his knee at the snakepit. Never saw him again.
The D grade coach is good mates with him and has tried all year to get him to play. Eventually he talked him into it. Jim has played the last few games and is a really good player. But other than for 2 hours on a saturday, we dont see him. Should he instead be playing C grade or even B grade for us because he is good enough to? I think you know the answer. There's a lot more with similar J Morrisson stories in the D grade. Not forgetting a third of the side is either in the 37-45 years bracket

The D Grade was not put in to try and win a flag with a stacked side that you all keep alluding to. Their success from a committee point of view is measured differently to ladder position. Our sole focus is to try and win an A grade flag and keep pushing up the divisions. I would hate for Hefty to be annoyed for too much longer. Although I can understand how being the ONLY coach at GG not to beat HV this year out of all 5 grades would be quite annoying for him..

And, I thought reading all those Tommy Haffey books about coaching would hold me in good stead..........I was wrong!!

Anywho, one week left for our D grade then we can do what we do best - sink copious amounts of red cans and tell everyone how good we use to be.

Just a question, but why doesn't HV have a fence running along the side of the oval between the two coaches boxes?? One of our players was pushed over the boundary line and ended up slipping on the bitumen and breaking his wrist. Seems a little dangerous not having something to slow up players if they go over the boundary......

Quite annoying for Hefty to lose to your D grade but as a club we would be happy with winning the other 8 games you mention. Lets be honest here, we went into Saturdays game with Hefty chasing players up till midnight Friday night - meaning we had large numbers out of the grades higher so we are the ones that have to cover - with your side we were never going to get anywhere near you, if some of your guys were humble about where you sit in the D grade at the minute I wouldnt care. In footy when you are getting smacked you take little things out of a game - we matched it with you in the thirda quarter of Saturdays game and walked off at 3/4 time happy with one quarter of effort against a great side - all I copped when I walked in from your team was comments about how crap we are blah blah blah. That is the sort of arrogance that makes people jump on here and give it to you for sandbagging - as we did on the field. If you just went about your business and won without the arrogance I personally wouldnt have as much of an issue for thr side you put on the park - why would I really - we are not only miles away from where you are but from the rest of the top 5 also.

As Hefty said one game to go for us and agree that if it ends up being a PAOC V HV GF in Div8R it will be a high quality game - hoping that on that day we have other games to watch however ;)
by TEX07
Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Recruits- Hits,Misses and undecided

I would have put White and Polek for Power as hits?

the difference between the Geelongs, Hawks, Swans and even Power to the Crows list is their B grade footballers are streets ahead of ours!
by TEX07
Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Fantastic day for the boys today - well deserved and well played! A week back at half time the boys were looking at straight sets and another year in Div 4 - a week later they win the flag against the more favoured side! Well done to Ben and the boys for a fantastic season and to the B grade boys who went through undefeated to take away the flag. Sleepy now - long day!
by TEX07
Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

According to a radio sports show (not sure which as was flicking between AA and MMM) that Sando and the board had differing opinions on what direction they needed to go with the playing group.

Now Rowe is saying it's all Triggs fault. McDermott is pretty fired up about it

Sando probably told them the truth about where the playing squad is actually at in the real world.

Tend to agree - his first season we had a drea, draw and nearly snuck into a GF because of it - then all the sh*t hit the fan - Baily suspended for Melbourne tanking saga, the Tippett saga and then the sad passing of Baily to cancer - the bloke never really had a chance! Not saying he was any good - cant really tell because apart from our top 6-7 our list is ordinarry - the man cant polish a turd all that well maybe!
by TEX07
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

http://titusoreily.com/last-nights-phone-call-mark-ricciuto-simon-goodwin/

That's GOLD but unfortunately probably close to the truth. Interesting listening to Dangerfield, seems he's been well drilled on what to say as well. They're all singing from the same prayer book. Watch out in 2015 for the Adelaide 'Alma Hotel' footy club. :D

Could be wrong but when I saw the Dangerfield interview last night on the Footy Show - I think that in their exit interviews the players mentioned did bag the coach,but, I dont think that they expected him to get sacked from it - he kind of looked like a guilty kid IMO, not their intention but it is what has caused it - I think this shows that this was inevitable and the board were waiting on the players to make them look as though it was their call. The boys in the Alma - probably bagged Sando during the year too with Roo and he has taken this and ran with it. Saw Sandos interview and he looks all the more professional for it - I hope for his sake he gets a gig somewhere and makes us second guess the decision.
by TEX07
Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

yeah but kids nowdays crack the sads if everyone doesn't get a go.

Welcome to the everyone wins generation.

:) so your son comes home for third week in a row cracks a tantrum smashes his room up says "they sat me on the bench for half a game again!, 3 weeks in a f##ken row!!"

Are u gonna say welcome to the everyone wins generation son :)

I can remember playing a game in my first year at Kilburn back in 97 where we had 21 players when I was just 18 - spent the entire game on the bench, did not get a second on the field. I went to my coach after the game and asked why and the common term match ups was used and the game was close and couldnt get me on - the next week I was dropped to the C grade and named as emergency in the B grade, got a late call up, played and was second best on ground, finished third in the B grade B&F later that year. Now days if this happened these guys do get the sooks and leave and go to another club. All keeping me on the bench that one game did was make me keener to prove the guy wrong - this is what I teach my son and not to have the "life has to be fair" attitude - if you want more game time, work on your game - if your only getting a half, ask why and work on it.
by TEX07
Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player records

if HQ was to allow YOU into their records room, then they would have to let 99 other historians in with the same ideas into their records as well

that would be difficult to monitor, and HQ would riskthe loss of records due historians pocketing a few little goodies here n there on their way out, and jeopardize the data itself

youll get nothin from HQ champ

You're full o crap.

Can I actually go in and count my own games do you know? I'm moving in to 350 games over three clubs and am keen to know when this actually would be - purely for personal interest - my rough calls has me at 346ish but I'll drink a couple more beers in my shed if I knew the actual game I got there on
by TEX07
Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player records

We will get our first to 300 for the club soon - reckon Shaun Duff could go on and play another 100 to knock out 400 easy.
by TEX07
Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.

We had this guy today - single worst umpire I have ever seen, it made no difference to our score line but he was disgraceful. At one point our ff was lining up for a goal and as he was walking in to take his shot this clown is in his face - I don't know what he was saying nor know why he needed to be there while he was having his shot. From where I was he looked as though he was walking alongside to put him off his kick - after he missed the goal our player had a crack at him and then got sent off. PNU are good enough side to win without the help of an umpire and IMO takes gloss away from the players who have a crack but will always be tarred with the "cheating" help from an umpire. It's just how it is in lower grades I know but I hate when these guys show an obvious bias to one particular side - I know we have had our fair share of ordinary umps - this is why I know that it can be just as embarrassing for the side they favour too. I know a few of pnus side felt this today.

No easy games at all in D8 and D8R so far this season - results are hard to pick and makes for a good comp. I am very sore tonight!
by TEX07
Sat May 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Look Good In Leather wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Playing home games at Hillcrest Hospital was always interesting!

Who's ground was that?

I played junior football at Broadview and we played out of Hilcrest Hospital oval before the Rams came in.
by TEX07
Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.

How is disrespectful to Kane? He's done the same thing to his fans to some degree, the game is bigger than the individual.

I've never been a fan of the old "it's my last game in 3 weeks" thing, I have more respect for those who walk off the field on a random night and say "Thanks guys, that's it for me".

He is the clubs first 300 game player and a fitting one IMO - the next current player in the list is Westhoff at 167 then Boak at 163 - (I am talking about one club players) - I think that he was owed a bit more respect than that - pretty sure he has given a fair bit to his club over the years, have to add that he is one of the most bagged players from power supporters I know - maybe its his surname? I have always liked how he went about stopping players, he shut them down and then got his own ball - kind of like what Vince is doing ATM at Melbourne. An extra 30 minutes in the car is a no brainer for 15 years of service to your club, regardless of how he is ending it - lets face it its not often a player gets to end it on his terms rather than the clubs.
by TEX07
Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Had to take customers into the AUDI Club the last two weeks at AO and I hate to say it but it was easier to watch the Power game as opposed to the Crows game, at the crows game we had a group of crows fans behind us that we're painful to be near, no idea of the game, and any time someone stood up to get a drink they would yell at us to sit down - it's a corporate area and it's my job to get up and down and get customers drinks. Same seats obviously this week and none of the above occurs. I have sat in different seats at AO when the crows play and we have some seriously dud supporters.

Thought Port looked pretty good, will be better with a few back in, Wingard when he is on is scary, he can touch the ball 15 times and win you a game!

If you ever find yourself with a spare seat I can pretend to be a customer. :lol:

x2. I've never mixed it with the corporate types before.

Even better you could both go in my place next time - corporate is only good imo if your the customer. AUDI is a great place to watch the game but when your hosting you dont get to watch all that much, my point was actually that despite all the press at the minute, I find port supporters easier to be at the game with than my own teams. Havent been to a showdown for a long time though so this could be different I suppose.
by TEX07
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Every other club has abandoned their pre-match activities yet Port still do theirs tonight?

There was no playing of "Not giving in" by Rudamental for the players to enter the field, no pyrotechnics, no banner to run through, no playing of the club song.

If you can't see that there is some meaning to "Never tear us apart" in these circumstances then I'm astonished. 45,000 people last night thought it worthy and many of them in Collingwood colours joined in.

If you saw the closing to the night, the players, officials and support staff on the Oval during the tribute you'd hardly have reason to knock anything, ANYTHING the club did last night.

Please, continue your Port bashing though and please, let us know when normal transmission should resume.

RIP Phil.

Trying to see reason behind it as they did something every other club has chosen not to do during this sad time, discussion point only, Ive already stated the post match was excellent.

I was at the game and pre match was only the song and as a neutral supporter it was done really well IMO, wasn't overboard no songs no banners just the countdown song which I even saw Collingwood people singing. The after match was a fantastic way to honour Phil Walsh, if it didn't touch you then you are not human. Port had so much history with Walsh and the way they all handled it was impressive, would have pretty tough to take the field.
by TEX07
Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Did i hear right that there are still 22 players on the Crows list who were there when Neil Craig was coach.

Actually got me thinking who and checked and there is 18 still on the list

Sloane
Walker
Douglas
Van Berlo
Thompson
Wright
Talia
Jacobs
Brodie Smith
Dangerfield
Jaensch
Reilly
Mackay
Otten
Lyons
Shaw
Martin
Henderson

At least 12-14 worth keeping IMO. Add to that last season of Craigs tenure - Tippett, Gunston, Maric and Davis we had a decent list.
by TEX07
Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Did Melbourne know about Mitch clarkes issues before signing him up?

I have no exposure to epilepsy in my personal life but my father recently had some health issues which caused him to have about 20 seizures in the past 2 months maybe more that I dont know about. He cant drive for 12 months, cant surf (which he loves still at 60) and he does Brazilian jui jitsu and martial arts - he cant do any of these things and I can tell you, he is depressed. If Buddy is dealing with the epilepsy and it is restricting him to do the things he loves then the two can be related IMO. I was more pointing out that I would have thought that if Buddy did know about the epilepsy he would have been bound to tell them and I think he would have had he did, the mental health is something that no-one can predict.
by TEX07
Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With all this talk about it, can they stage manage it through and not announce it until after the Brownlow.....then, would Dangerfield want Grand Final week to be about him / Geelong / Adelaide?

I think they should announce it now, nobody would question him going to or being at the BnF or the Brownlow as an Adelaide Crow. Technically, he is a Crow until October 31 regardless.

agree, no crow fan would care if he announced it now and then still sat with the crows at these events.

Im seeing a lot of spiteful comments on Facebook news posts from Adelaide fans that seem to go against what you are saying.

There is going to be a lot of hate for the man in this town when he leaves I think.

I find that the most vocal Crows supporters are usually the worst! Personally I cant fault the way he has gone about his business, was probably always going to leave but has handled it so well all season. I certainly wont be one of the Crows fans booing him when he plays against us. The guy just wants to go home, simple as that, he is taking less money than what he could get elsewhere (or even here for that matter), he is getting married and would want to start a family near his own family. Pretty sure his teammates wouldnt care if he is on their table or at B&F, these guys will always be mates. As an Adelaide fan I cant stand a lot of Adelaide supporters. We were voted the team all others loved to hate and I would say 90% of that is down to the fans IMO.
by TEX07
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I never said I liked the song, or the words that are written. I personally think most of the songs that are written for new or franchise clubs are pretty lame to be honest.
by TEX07
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2016

Need email addys for the following coaches who I intend to invite into Division V. If I can't find em, they won't be in this division.

Extend the Dukes (Tight_Lines)
Chops Clots
The Chicken Coup
King Cobwebs
Mighty Hawks
White Line Fever (WLF)
Fox in Sox
Loose Husseys (TEX07)

If you know any of these guys please have a yak and get me their email addy.

regards,

REB

Loose Husseys are in - be it auto picked for now but in.
by TEX07
Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Last nights game went as expected IMO. I find it funny how so many Crows supporters start to turn on the team after the last few weeks. Two months back before the season started if you said we would be 4-4 I would have taken it. I honestly thought we could have been 7 or even 8 losses based on a pretty tough early draw. Losses to North, Geelong, Bulldogs and Hawthorn is nothing to lose that much sleep over. The form of Freo and Richmond had surprised me and I think we got to play Port at the right time. Really played out of our skins (and need to) to beat the Swans here.

A heap of improvement is needed but still a pretty young side trying to cover the loss of probably the comps best player. I think people were seduced by early form and started talking top 4 way too prematurely! the better sides have worked out how to beat our game plan so we need to adapt now. Walker has been down but no coach in the AFL would drop him from that side on current form, tend to agree with Wayne Carey a bit on Jenkins - he will never demand an oppositions best 1 or even 2 defenders especially while Walker is in that side. The Cats didnt seem to have 1 or 2 best defenders, they are pretty much covered across the whole back 6. Our back 6 have been OK but really miss Laird this last two weeks and have to say I struggle to see how Cheney is currently in our best 22, maybe only saved by Laird being out at the minute. Scoreboard flattered us really last night, Cats should have put us away early. If we start losing the real winnable games like GC, Ess, Bris Id be concerned. Earlier in the year would have inked in wins against the Saints, Melb and Carlton but they are no longer a given either. Would need to target a key mid in next years trade to assist Sloane once Thompson pulls the pin - B Crouch has potential to be special but needs a heap of time to find his feet, his brother while he is OK sometimes I think we got him to keep Brad here.

BTW - I really hate us playing Friday night footy! Cant remember the last one we won and leaves me depressed all weekend!
by TEX07
Sat May 14, 2016 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

golden grove BBQ = 6 have to wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long, quicker to drive down to mackas & back

Bit rough on the volunteers cooking this week, we would not normally have people on the BBQ/Canteen roster for a C and D grade, we had to host Walkerville last minute based on their oval not being ready and then cater for 4 games. The guys who did volunteer this week would have been under the pump all day so i am sure that they would be hugely disappointed to hear that you had to wait for your $4 steak sandwich.
by TEX07
Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

I like to think that we played better on the day than they did - to be honest NH didnt look like they thought we were ever a chance and played like it, we probably played our best game all season at the right time. Pleasing for us was because NH C grade would get slaughtered by their D grade we could have put a heap of guys down for the week to assist with a win but decided against it and did it with our normal D grade side - just had all of them available for a change!
by TEX07
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Proposing to the missus

bought the bride to be's ring on payment plan as we were living in sin and had a joint bank account and when I had paid enough to take the ring home I spent a week trying to do the right thing and ask the father in laws permission. Ended up going there and the mother in law told me to forget asking him and to ask the cook herself.

Waiting for her at home and had a bottle of wine at the ready (was pretty confident she wasnt saying no) and she walked in the door and I grabbed her hand and slipped this massive ring on her right hand (I had no clue it was the wrong hand). She of course said sure why not and we proceeded to drink the bottle of wine - in true form we ended up in the city on the gas and lost the ring. Lucky for us someone handed it in at The Stag and I got it later.
by TEX07
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who's got a Solar Power System installed?

put solar on a few years back and got in before the feed ins changed so we are benefiting now. Average bill before was about $650/quarter now we are around $250-$300. Best part for us was when it went on we didnt get a power bill for 18 months. When it finally came it was around $3K!! Looked into it and found out that they could only back charge 9 months so was halved straight away. Then we argued that we pay on time everytime and should have been given a 10% discount - the guy I spoke too gave me the 10% off the total $3K instead of the reduced $1.5K which brought what we owed down to $1200. Then we worked out they gave us the wrong tarrif and was reduced a further $400.00 so we paid $800 for 18 months power.

Now that its all working well we see a massive benefit but wouldnt unless we were getting the $0.60/kw buy back approx.
by TEX07
Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

I'd be really disappointed if we lost Lever. We were in this position with Talia but obviously he was a bit older. I wonder if he's been talking to Lever about it? A bit of advice from a Vic boy that's been through it already.
Also hoping the fact the Crows took a punt on him after he done his knee and missed a lot footy may come into his thinking. We need to keep both Magoven and Lever while we're in a window of opportunity.

I am not convinced any defender is worth $850K per year. Right now he doesnt ever go to the oppositions best forward. Even Hartigan was given more roles. His game style is suited so well to the Crows defense. When you have a Talia shutting down the oppositions best forward you get the freedom to do what he does. Alex Rance would be the best at both shutting down and getting off and he does that mostly alone at Richmond. Most other clubs Lever has to go to the best forward, not saying he wont beat them, I just havent been able to see it yet because of the current support he has. 100% agree though - we do need to keep him, I am just not sure of the cost.
by TEX07
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

What big money? $50 a game? $100 a game. Its an unfortunate part of modern football. Even in div 7.
$100 a game i'd consider big money for D7.

However it is becoming more and more a part of modern football as you said, and the unfortunate reality is that unless clubs pay something to guys, it's hard to get recruits to the club, which makes it harder to get out of the lower divs, which makes everything harder.

The downside also is the higher you go, the more it costs if you want to keep up with the Jones's.

Are sides really paying players in Div7?
Wow - I guess we will have a tough year ahead. Guarantee none of our C grade players get anything to play.
by TEX07
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Payment to register to play

1.5 million registered players in Australia

It’s great business by SportingPulse. Make the system. Get every league in Australia (and some international) using it for free.

Once they have the market. Add a $15.00 admin fee per player

Junior players are $10.

So 1.5 million times an average of $12.50 per registration is $18.75 million per year.

The other rogue is the $50 each coach has to pay to the AFL to register And that coaching fee is not a once off, it has to be paid every year that one coaches

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really? I was told that coaches do not have a fee to pay. (Assuming they have completed the Foundation Coaching course equivalent to the level they are coaching..

Coaches have to pay $49.50 every year to volunteer to coach kids. Have done for a while

We reimburse the coach though so the coach isnt out of pocket, other clubs would do the same wouldnt they?
by TEX07
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I find it funny how there is some 12000 (this is a number i heard JK say) people playing senior footy each week, probably add half that again for support staff (approx) and add in people spectating well over 20,000 people each weekend. These same people are currently inside Marion, TTP, Bunnings etc each weekend. Playing/volunteering/spectating football will just shift all these people back outside and probably at less risk of catching or spreading anything. There would actually be more measures in place at footy clubs to social distance and adhere to all the rules than there would be at a shopping centre which hardly seems regulated now anyway.
by TEX07
Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |