Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

What a great day last Saturday at myponga a great tough victory to the mighty strath roosters.
You guys are right it wasn't the best spectacle game with heaps of ball ups 35 in one qtr it is believed, but one positive was the umpires didn't call ticky touch frees. It was a real high pressured game that flowed backwards & Fwds between each teams half fwd lines. Strath went in at half time under the pump after only getting 3 inside 50s for the 2nd qtr & Marc Elliott missing two simple shots running in to open goals. The game opened up & Marc Elliott redeemed himself after being put in the middle & kicked 4.3 for the day. Simon Munn was very close to being best on ground with some crucial goals & touches when the game was on the line. Congrats to jordy hall I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have known or rated this kid at the start of the year but he is a freakish talented kid who has just won his 2nd a grade gf plus named in team of the year & best on in the gf. A few big days of celebrations have been had this week I'm sure the national dog trials enjoyed our support at the club sunday. Thanks to myponga footy club for being great hosts on the day everything seemed to run without any glitches.
Bring on 2015 will be interesting reading the rumours over the off season.
by kickittome
Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

perhaps the Strath boys can't play spin?
Strath boys loved ashbournes spin today in particular Luke cousins who had a huge day out hitting 216 no. Cousy batted the full 70 overs & even the great stats man perry jones could not remember the last time someone made 200 plus at strath. Strathalbyn ended up 9/365 & fowlston finished with 5/130 odd off 30 overs. Let's hope Luke can carry his form in to tomorrow's 20/20 vs Nairne at strath.
Nairne look well on there way to getting an outright v wistow which I think could be happening a lot this year for the boys on the hill. At least they had the guts to stay up in a grade I guess unlike some other team :oops:
by kickittome
Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks Like the top 5 is pretty much set now?
Willunga would be kicking themselves losing to the creeks now two wins behind strath in 5th spot with bays/myponga/victor & compass to play = 6/7 wins (6th spot)
Myponga tough run home mclaren/willunga/strath & victor would have to win all 4 plus a good % boost & rely on strath to win only 1 or 2 more = 5/6 wins (7th spot)
Strath having won 6 of the last 7 games having to play goolwa,mt comp, myponga & yank 1 or 2 wins might be enough for a chance to defend the flag. Hopefully they can get close to fielding there best team when it matters.

Looking at the Reserves having seen Willunga, Creek & Mclaren the last few weeks im picking a Willunga V Creeks Gf. Willunga have been miles ahead of the rest this year remaining unbeaten. Before last weeks round they averaged 111 pts for & 31pts against with a 80 pt winning margin & had kicked 521 pts more than second. Big favouries for the flag but we all know upsets can happen on the big stage.
by kickittome
Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alleway’s appeal on his 2 game suspension was overturned tonight at an SANFL hearing.
That means he is free to play this Sunday.
Victor would be very relieved.
Will be a rare time I barrack for Compass this weekend.
What a joke.
by kickittome
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you're watching/listening to/playing during lockdow

Good thing Ozarks S3 dropped tonight...
Anyone else been watching this? I reckon it's the best season of all three, and IMO not many long-play dramas improve upon each season.

Ozark has been my favourite series on Netflix. Have watched the first three episodes of season 3. After waiting so long
for the new season have been a little disappointed so far. Been a slow build up. In saying that episode 4 looks like things are heating up.
After being in self quarantine for 13 days (1 to go can’t wait) I have managed to nearly finish Peaky Blinders.
Now my clear favourite show. Always something happening & keeping you on edge.
by kickittome
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |