Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I heard today Echunga are really struggling for junior players and in particular Under 13's. Wonder what move the HFL will make if they happen to forfeit a game in the first week or two?
Maybe if there's a forfeit by a Junior team, the A Grade has 1 premiership point deducted...then maybe the senior players might actually take some care of the Junior programmes...just remember senior players, it's the kids' subs that put you on the field and line your pockets!!
by hillscrow
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you got a spare couple of minutes jump on the Echunga Football Clubs Facebook page and read the disgusting disrecpect directed towards the HFL and country division. Threatening to leave the league, will win the flag by 40+ goals, players thinking they will kick 150 goals each through the year..... I'd be speaking for a lot of people I think but if you want to leave the league then go and walk out the door and make sure it doesn't hit you on the way out. What makes you think the HFL are going to support you when all your club has done is constantly abused them for the past 3 months? Couldn't care if your oval is managed by the golf course, couldn't care if you serve wine at the bar, couldn't care if your goal posts are adult sized... It's the people inside your club that has spiralled you into this mess. I can't believe the president hasn't put a ban on people posting on here because it has made everything so much worse for Echunga.

Legsman if you are so passionate about your club then why don't you reveal who you are?
by chopper7
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need to go down that path again rock.

Maybe there is a need cracka when Legs Man denies the fact dodgey practices and untoward dealings were even happening. Clearly I'm not going to detail this on a social forum given the legal ramifications but I'm merely suggesting he talks to someone at his club and gather some factual information for a change. But I get the impression people at Echunga are probably hesitant to give this man any sort of information given the dribble he already goes on about.
by rock
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what a mess-feel for Bridgewater
by jumbo20
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has been the monetary cost to the hfl and hence the clubs and to echunga. Can't have come cheap. I suppose gate takings will have to go up to compensate this. If so thanks a lot all involved for making it more expensive to attend our local games. How is this a great win for hills football.
by always there
Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.
by rock
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting comment there Legs, unfortunately in constitutions and by laws etc there is very little room for flexibility, it has to be that way, or vested interests will get involved and before you know it the competition ends up a nightmare.

The HFL by laws were obviously interpreted by most clubs (including Echunga) meaning one thing (points for minor rd games only) during the season, and meaning something else (points accrued during finals) when Echunga were heading for Country division then those (original) by laws were ridiculous - can't we all see that and now agree?

So the board had very little room for such lateral thinking - that's why it allowed Echunga to move the motion at the SGM, to give the whole league the chance to vote (decide). Precedence was not taken into account by the judge, which, in a way is fair enough, he only deals by the exact wording of the by law(s) - so no matter how you try and explain it you (Echunga) are in Central on the legal technicality, and yes I do reckon if the points, at the end of the season means the premier CLUB is relegated then so be it.
by Howard
Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legsman you are very keen to point the finger at other teams short comings, permits, standard of facilities, points etc . I for one are sick to death of you throwing other clubs under the bus when all they have done is play by the rules to keep their football clubs viable. I cannot remember any of the clubs you refer to continuously - taking the HFL to court and costing all clubs a substantial amount of money.
If Echunga have any remorse at all you would think they would offer the fighting fund they put together back to the league to help reduce the burden to the other clubs.
by sideview
Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot wait to see how Bridgewater go back in country ----the last couple of seasons have seen the premiers being undefeated , what chance Bridgewater being undefeated 2015. Nice photo of the pub, see you there for a beer or two ,might even pick up a point or two about being a premier club.

1 A grade Div 1 in 105 years and you wanna start dishing out points to win flags??
Get over yourself ya spook.
by chopper7
Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Hope the Roosters changerooms held up ok unlike Cally's after Nairnes Courier Cup loss
by samantic
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes and yes

Does anyone know if the Nairne player has actually been reported for slapping the card out of the umpires hand?

Have heard for abuse and the card slapping. He'll get a long holiday that for sure and not sure his record is that great either. Might not be just finished at Nairne......he can possibly concentrate on his Kyani sales now.
by Cougar
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was speaking to an Ex Nairne player earlier this week who said that he doesn't have a good record with the umps. served a few weeks on the side lines last year for trying to get nasty with one half way through game.
If he went at the footy like he did at the umps he'd be an outstanding footballer from what i've seen of him.
Do the HFL have a harsher penalty's in GF's like some other leagues? Either way i think My Hancock may of played his last game of football which is a shame.
I hope he has better luck climbing the Pyramid
by overthehill
Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |