Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Bouncing_Tits.gif
by Psyber
Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Ryobi One-Day Cup season schedule on Gem

Johno6 wrote:Botha will be banned soon anyway and save SA from having to deport him

If they ban Botha, then they have to act on Murali in the Big Bash league. He has got away with it for 18 years because the ICC were too scared of the Asian block.
by heater31
Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

What has given me the shits is Andy Flower coming out and acting like his the coach of the England Angels Cricket Team FFS!!!!!!!!

Everytime they have gotten Watson out they have given him an absolute spray (who can blame them) but ffs be realistic.

His presses was the biggest load of wank I have ever heard!!!!
by whufc
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Not a huge fan of Doug either but he is far from a bad bowler. I think we can all agree that Clint McKay has the most punchable face of anyone in Australian cricket?
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Am I the only one that is worried that England might actually turn the blow torch on Australia in Perth.

Anderson and Broad are still capable of devastating spells and there seems a worrying air of certainty that we will get the job done in Perth.

I hope my fear and paranoia are so sooo wrong but I think this Test will be a lot closer than the first two.
by wristwatcher
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LBT wrote:Poms will make a big one on this wicket... We're gonna rue the poor batting yesterday.

Not poor batting just some players in our lineup are not up to Test standard
by locky801
Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Just think. Without T20 would Warner be playing tests? Or Steve Smith? Without ODI cricket would Johnson have been recalled? I reckon Nathan Lyon may well still be sitting on his tractor too.

Time to get off the high horse with limited overs cricket and realise it's paying a lot of the bills. It keeps kids interested in playing cricket and gets people to actually watch domestic cricket. I am 100% a test fan first and foremost but I'm not too proud to enjoy other forms of cricket and realise the importance to the game overall.
by Grahaml
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Nearly a case of Mclaren Vale
by mal
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Saffers highest opening partnership of series is 20
by Jim05
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

For those that can't or won't move on, who have protested by not buying their club's membership this year, won't go to Port or Crows SANFL games, or for those that just need a place to sook.

Here you go.

Just because you don't give a rats about the club or your comp doesn't mean we should be the same.

Vice President, arena advertising and sponsor the club ... please advise what else I need to do to give a rats. #-o
by dedja
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

kickinit wrote:so the only teams to play in the SANFL since 1991 have been the crows and power?

Pleeeaaaasssse.... someone make him stop!
by Scrapboy
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wouldn't you rather people 'whinge' in the thread that is named the AFL in SANFL whinge thread.

Remember you don't have to look at this thread if you don't want to .

A lot of these supporters have been supporting this comp for many many many many years and have now seen it torn apart. Not everyone is of the mentality its changed so im just gonna follow along regardless of what happens to our comp.

These are people who get to see their side live every single week of the year, they get to see their reserves players every week, they get to meet and have a beer with their heroes on a weekly basis it creates a lot of passion.

Remember you don't have to follow the SANFL if you don't want to.

I don't follow the SANFL, I follow Centrals. The SANFL is run by a bunch of cowards just looking after themselves and their next job interests.

If (it will never happen) Centrals pulled stumps on the SANFL and said they were playing in another comp, I would be happen for them to leave and I would follow.
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP
by locky801
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol Stadium (Sat 17/5

Lucky channel 7 swapped broadcast games from the "boring" game to the nail biter at Alberton.
by Spargo
Sat May 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its really weird how the Power sing Sydney's song.
by Wedgie
Sat May 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

I see what you did there ...
by dedja
Tue May 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Love the Tisers headline - TRAITOR

Murdoch gonna Murdoch
by bennymacca
Wed May 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I didn't say he's guilty but there are 30 charges and if he's found guilty he needs to go. I'm a white ribbon ambassador and take domestic violence very seriously. It's not a joking matter and more men need to get on board. 11 times I collected my sister from hospital over the years so you can shove your hard on comment up your arse.
The hard on comment was directed at you enjoying the situation Glenelg find themselves in, anyone who's read your posts know you love sticking it to Glenelg and that's fine , it's a forum for everyone.
What I would find offensive is if you were using this situation as a soap box and self appreciation exercise.
by Spargo
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

I suppose if pictures of blokes arses with objects protruding from them are your go, well good luck to you second team.
NTTAWWT
by Spargo
Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:Of course, to anyone who sees the light, their sins are forgiven ... :lol:

Amen [-o<

You blokes will stop at nothing to succeed, will you? :lol:

Not true; we certainly draw the line at stacking our team with professionals from another league...
by Pseudo
Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

Coach Bombay wrote:another one. Nick Stevens of the non women bashing variety bowled out for 0,

6 to go

*alleged
by heater31
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

well done cosgrove.

Are you sure he did a groin? maybe it was loin, yeah i think he did a loin...
by Coach Bombay
Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v NSW D/N Nov 8-11

Stream via the Redbacks site you should be able to go full screen.

http://www.redbacks.com.au/Article/News ... 13&id=2252
by The Closing Cook
Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

If Clarkes not fit for the first test. Ferg will be a chance to make his test debut

Clarke will play by the sounds of it, Watto back to number 3 and the no show **** off would be a good start yeah I think that's almost certain. They have to be cautious with Clarke though. Rather him miss a test this year, than the World Cup

Disagree there, shouldnt be selected for the WC, needs to be stood down from the shorter forms. Steve Waugh was a far better ODI cricketer than Clarke and he got stood down.
Clarke needs to concentrate on tests only there is no way Steve Waugh was a far better player than Clarke. Waugh only got three ODI hundreds in his career and only averaged 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

I think Dizzy is off doing his coaching training at the moment, but agreed bring him in, anyone, just sack chuck FFS
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Just read the MSN Sport statement from the helmet manufacture, What a heatless pack of absolute wankers. Stating that Hughes had an old model helmet on and the 'new' updated version has protection in the area Hughes was hit.

For starters, That's bullshit. I have never seen a helmet that would protect where Hughes was hit. Not to mention Hughes is still in Hospital and these pricks are trying to sell there new helmet. IMO absolute disgrace.

For the record I don't see this as anyone's 'fault' so to speak its just a very unfortunate thing that from time to time happens, There shouldn't be any knee jerk reactions IMO.

Just hope Hughes has a full and speedy recovery, Times like this you don't even think about playing again, First and foremost is Hughes's health.
by carey
Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Very sad, i am struggling to accept the news to be honest. I convinced myself he would pull through! Although a lot of us don't see eye to eye on this forum, it's times like these that being part of the SA Footy community gives us a place where we can talk about such a tradegy and try and get through. I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm pretty frazzled. Someone lost a son a brother a friend a teammate and all round gentleman today.
by Coach Bombay
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach

The new appointment should be somebody not currently coaching an SANFL team.
by saintal
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

I feel terribly for all the players that were there. Haddin made a lunge to try & catch Phil as he fell, Warner was right there & ran to the boundary to get help, Abbot holding his head - heart breaking, Tom Cooper who lived with him & was batting with him & took Phils pads off carefully on the boundary.
Callum Ferg & Cosgrove who had batted with him for long periods earlier in the day & lots others.
All the talk & concern has been about the Aust players & fair enough but not much has been really mentioned about the welfare of the SA boys, who had to return home without their mate. He had played a lot more with the SA lads in recent times.
by Yangebup
Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

Good to see Abbott play today and grab a couple of wickets
by Jim05
Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4 - Bryce McGain Spud XI of the series.. Nomination

Peter Forrest can bypass the selection criteria and jump straight in to the XI for wearing number 00
by Coach Bombay
Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4 - Bryce McGain Spud XI of the series.. Nomination

RustyCage wrote:Freddy should be given an reprieve just for dropping the c bomb on air

For those who missed it...

by Failed Creation
Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

Is there a bigger dickhead opening bowler partnership than Lee and Bollinger?
by Q.
Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excellent little knock from Botha
by Gozu
Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Pag wrote:Woolworths, killing the hotel industry.

Never a truer word spoken.
by Spargo
Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

How do you know they're not going to sack him immediately?
You have to make sure all your processes are in place before doing so.
I know it's popular to have a crack at clubs for the sake of it, but give them a chance to get the job done right.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Lokan has definitely been appointed as the Senior Coach for 2015 (therefore not as interim).

The club will immediately look to recruit a Senior Assistant Coach in lieu of the now vacant Head of Football Development.

Reserves Coach Brett Backwell's role has not changed or been affected in any way by the events and announcements today.

The contingency plan enacted today has been planned for some time, but the club had to ensure that it carefully assessed the verdict, liaised with key stakeholders, including staff, players and support personnel and formalising the final decision via a Board Meeting. To suggest that they do otherwise IMHO would have been unprofessional and not in the best interests of all concerned.

I'm sure many will disagree, but I believe that the club has handled itself well during this fiasco, and today made a prompt and prudent decision despite some unwarranted hysteria by some media. The time taken to announce a decision on the fate of the Senior Coach took approx 6 hours from when hearing completed at 1:30pm (EST). Whilst the verdict was released late morning, there were further court proceedings that were conveniently not reported by the media.

The CEO had to return to Adelaide after the hearing in Melbourne, advise his Board and key stakeholders, and formalise the decision with the Board before a media release.

The President, Board and CEO have my full support, as does Matt Lokan as Senior Coach, who I'm sure will make a good account of himself in his new role.
by dedja
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Correct Wristy. As I long term SACA supporter ivd learnt to never take a final of any kind for granted.

Yep and the last chance to use the most over priced members ticket of the last 10 years. No domestic one dayers and no Australia Day game. It would be financial stupidity not to attend :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

7 out of 7
by Spargo
Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Give me Botha over Cossie anyday....not sure about holding back talent, 1 overseas player per shield squad isn't excessive IMO and can add to the comp.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

You'll need the sound up....

Shahid Afridi.... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhKKHud9bs

by Booney
Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Another great result for sanfl footy. No doubt this will encourage the panther fans to come back. Did port end up with any non afl listed players playing? Why don't south just improve to match ports standard? I'm sure like last year injuries will take their toll on port and bring them back to the pack. :roll:
by sjt
Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

RustyCage wrote:CXI 5/17

What a great innovation, they'll beat the redbacks though
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Jellybacks are back! :-)
by BoundaryRider84
Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great last over by Ross
by Q.
Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IIISSSSSOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
by Coach Bombay
Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They'd probably beat a few international teams
by RustyCage
Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

LBT wrote:It's a road again!

Until we bat :oops: :oops: :oops:
by locky801
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

Great crowd when Perth gets 40,000 for 5 days and Brisbane a total of 55,000
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

Anyone there, make sure you say g'day to the Red Frogs crew doing patron support... Good people...
by Jase
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |