No need.

Illuminato in.
by OKC!
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Browny25 wrote:
Trader wrote:So if the rumours are true, Pooraka have the flag in the bag already.

Anyone else doing any recruiting?

Change in name to Pooraka Jets maybe?

Sorry that no one wants to play out at Brahma Browny.

You guys following suit with your footy and dropping to B3 this year??
by OKC!
Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Off the ball incidents where someone is struck to the head should be life...What defence can you have to hitting someone in the head no where near the ball? Its a thug act and should be life. No place in the game for stuff like that.
by OKC!
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Hills should be moving heaven and earth to sign him.
by OKC!
Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

he asked for 200 dollars a game from pooraka said he could get it in div 6 and wanted to train 1 night a week Pooraka said thanks but no thanks then he went to ingle farm

paying players who only train 1 night a week is bad sends the wrong message

Never did I ask Pooraka for a cent. Talked to them but wasnt interested in playing that high with the amount of commitment I can offer.

For all those concerned, football is a hobby to me, I love sport and could not give a shit if anyone thinks I should/shouldn't be playing other sports.
Last time i checked this is amateur football, most of you are sitting here with your fat fingers typing away telling me how bad my life decisions are. How bout you lads drop ya fingerbuns and do something rather than bag someone who does more than one thing in life. Funny thing is you all got alot of talk but i doubt any talent.

And if you had any idea at all, Pooraka and I sat down talked and I told them that i would let them know of my decison. We didn't talk $$$ cause we weren't even at that stage.

Im happy doing what im doing. Thats all that matters.
by OKC!
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okc so you would play for free but para hills and ingle farm throw cash at you ????? The nerve of them

probably pertinent to relate this quick story about OKC since he seems to be copping some very unnecessary bs on here..

when CLG decided it was in their best interests to remove me after losing the preliminary final in 2014 it was a fairly depressing time for a few days..i was soon lifted by the many messages of support i received and offers to apply for various coaching roles were also very kind..but i also received an email out of the blue from OKC reflecting on his thoughts on what had happened and wishing me all the best for 2015..

i had never spoken or conversed in anyway with the guy except to coach against him but he took the time to send me a personal email..thats something i wont forget..i think that shows the quality and sincerity of the man..haters are gunna hate..

Thanks mate. Appreciate it.
by OKC!
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasnt your dad i gave it to :)
by OKC!
Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

What is the point of having fielding restrictions in one day games if umpires arent going to police. Yesterday I saw one fielder in a catching position in first 15 overs. The supposed second catcher was 20m from bat and walking in with bowler. 6 fielders outside circle and 6 fielders on leg side at various times.

Because the people running this league have their head so far up their fat arse they cant see anything.

By laws week after week are broken. Probably cause the people at the top cant read. Depending on what umpires u have too. We had a problem with a bylaw anf time restrictions recently. The ump wasnt even wearing a watch... can you believe that? I can. Depends really what your club name is as to what the result is!

Golden Grove vs para hills under 17 match is a perfect example of what a joke they are.
by OKC!
Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

That's what Pooraka said about Atco in last years t20 Como lol ;)

Yeah we played 4 or 5 young guys and didnt give them enough respect.

Having said that, they were rubbish, we lost that game, it wasnt like they had a batter that took us apart or a great bowling spell, we were just horrible.
Very gracious!

I think the score was like 80 odd chased down. Niether team was any good.

and WHFC, I know, same story with a couple of those young guys, bus straight from HQ I think! :lol:
by OKC!
Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

With the 2 football included, I have 8 training sessions for the week.

How many you guys doing?

Div 7 football is not a priority. It is division 7 for a reason.
by OKC!
Tue May 16, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the 2 football included, I have 8 training sessions for the week.

How many you guys doing?

Div 7 football is not a priority. It is division 7 for a reason. And this, right here, from the horses mouth, is why just about every expert coach in this thread is wrong.

Thank you for being honest.

Im not being disrespectful to my coach/team mates/club, im just saying it how it is.

So saturday I finished footy at 2 oclock and drove straight to mvale to play at 4pm and 5pm. 2 games, and then Sunday I coached a side and trained for my side from 3pm-7pm.

This weekend if i play a's i finish at 415 and my 2 games start back to back at 430..... so id welcome the 2 hour break!

I have footy tonight but then at 8pm i am meeting some of my team for a fitness session.

In all of that, if i want a break. Footy is where its happening.

I dont mind playing reserves. If i was at a div 1 club i would be wanting to play A grade, right now im playing for fun. I went back to Para hills to play with my mates I won a flag with. Not cause i want to enter the draft. I have no problems with no train no play.
by OKC!
Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

I had netball. Shock horror.

Will have it plenty more before the end of season. Which means I have plenty more reserves games to come.

News break over.
by OKC!
Tue May 16, 2017 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

Carey and bedge made this up.

They love stirring shit.

Sad sad people.
by OKC!
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey was not spotted tonight at the a grade training.

Word is he was forced to have a run with the reserves in a desperate attempt to remember how to play football.
by OKC!
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any truth to the rumour that Para Hills FC got kicked out of the Aquadome earlier this week for being too rowdy? Carey causing a bit of trouble in the spa/sauna area again?

No truth to this rumor at all.

In fact I wasn't even there! As previously stated I was demoted to the B grade.

Carried again by the good goal square group on Thursday too. Lucky to be in the squad.

Although u did come 2nd in round the world that was really good effort mate.
by OKC!
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Any Houghton blokes on here know how number 32 ended up after getting stretchered off?
90 minutes 12 in is where I think he might have hurt it his knee, the bloke on the ground must have had hard ribs.
https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p132071c409383m6271703

hmm, not sure on that one.

Must have been the dirty Lonsdale player who was punching the guy on the ground over and over again that made no 32 trip.

Lonsdale supporters were pretty feral bunch, you'd kinda expect that though with all the inbred action coming down from that way.

One of the officials from Lonsdale came over to Houghtons bench and apologised for how bad they were acting. Guess that kind of stuff happens when you are just a bottom end team with scum in the crowd. Houghton came away with the win so guess long drive back for the 6 people that came to watch had a great drove home.

Got to admit watching that I noticed what looked to be the Lonsdale bloke throwing punches more than the Houghton knee. In saying that my eyes are rubbish so gave the Lonsdale bloke some leanicy thinking maybe he was pretending to handball the ball avoiding a holding the ball decision.

He was throwing punches. The ball was actually on the other side of the players body on the ground.

Talk about dog act, lucky he didn't get a few himself.
by OKC!
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Dublin an embarrassing club to be a part of? Gee wiz pretty piss poor comment to write for someone that’s probably never spent more than an hour or so there. Personally spent 20 years playing cricket there and I assure you your comment is below average at best, the people who work on and off the field there have genuinely made that club a bloody brilliant place to be apart of. Judging a club based on a couple of fellas that play in the A grade who have a huge desire to win every week is shit. I run around now in the beer grade from time to time and I assure your- you wouldn’t meet a better bunch of blokes who will happily have a beer after the game with you- so again, dishing out a comment saying dublins an embarrassing club to be a part of is well and truly off the mark. As for Sunday? Giving a bit of cheek in regards to a player of two wearing distinct hats/ shirts? You can not genuinely believe that’s crossing the line.

You know what, ill cop that and apologise for saying embarrassing club to be a part of. I'm sure that there is plenty of hard work done behind the scenes and did not mean that in my comments. My comments are more on the game Sunday. The way the conducted themselves was embarrassing.

Apologies though, poor choice of words by myself.
by OKC!
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Kensington is clearly his primary club.
Take your woffle elsewhere.

I take it you play for Dublin.

Let me just let you know something. I have played a lot of cricket, and never in my life have i seen a bunch of pretentious, whinging bunch of lads ever.

Angry I guess at losing to a grade 3 side the year before in the final.

They were acting out there like they were playing A grade district cricket. Bagging a bloke for playing at Kensington. Not one player out there for them was better than him, or would last 10 minutes at district level They were at best average in every aspect of the game. Good bowling attack someone said? lol. Yeah they won, but Enfield aint filled with Bradman's either. You are playing PDCA, it is terrible level of cricket especially these days. Stop acting like you are walking on water.

Could not believe the pure arrogance of a team that is let me say it again, average at best
by OKC!
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think with both Enfield and Eyre Royals looking for a win this week for finals, pink stumps day for the ladies, could be a great time to put this past everyone and see a great game of cricket unfold.
by OKC!
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Eyre Royals on winning div 2.

The guys played great and their conduct on the field during the game was nothing short of fantastic. Deserved the win and the flag.

Thier crowd though.

We had a guy banned for 2 weeks for calling out Eyre Royals for what they are, a bunch of racist wankers. They once again proved that on the weekend. Finally an umpire had the balls to actually say he heard the racist shit coming from the crowd and I cannot wait to see them hand out penalties like they did to our club people for calling it how we see it. The stone cold facts are, they are racist, its not a one off time either. So i say it again, I cannot wait to see the tribunal and what they hand out to them.

Or will this just be another thing swept under the rug?

I'll probably get stood in front of the tribunal for even saying this, pretty sure that's how this works.
by OKC!
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can the association take action towards a club/individuals due to crowd behaviour?

I am not sure, I know what they can do though. Reply.

Actually, they must be able to do something about it, they would be people involved with the club, yelling racist abuse from the crowd you would have to be able to penalise that. Even if they didn't pin point the person. Some action could be taken.
by OKC!
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

james07 wrote:why hasn't the club made a report, it doesn't need to come from the umpire

We didn't make a report because we were told by the umpire at the game that he would be reporting this.

We will be now if they cannot get in touch with the umpire. Awaiting a reply as we speak from PDCA.
by OKC!
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have had an email from the umpire in question to the PDCA committee. What that included, i am not sure. But it has been forwarded to SACA.

We finally have some movement, but what will happen.

I will leave it on here for a while now until we find out what is happening with this.

Thanks for playing along.
by OKC!
Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Never understood the facilitation with people talking about, alluding to or questioning what a bloke might get paid.

WGAF.. No one’s business except the clubs, and the players.

Got to know what you need to offer to get him across the line next year. :lol:

I know you say that in jest, but knowing what we pay him, I can tell you he has turned down much much much bigger offers to play at para hills.

The best thing about Weetra is he is very very good, and he knows he can play football, but spend some time around him and he does not give off the im better than you vibe. He is very talented and a really good bloke. We are very lucky to have him play for us.
by OKC!
Fri May 26, 2023 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Heard chompers only got 4 weeks.

Lucky not to be banned for life.
by OKC!
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Saturday 9th September
Campbelltown Memorial Oval
Div 7 - PF - Houghton Districts v Para Hills (2:15pm)
Div 7R - PF - Houghton Districts v Para Hills (12:15pm)

Why is this at Campbelltown and not Houghton?
Prelims & GF's neutral venues

fenced ground and you pay to watch the Preliminary final and grand final

Rough not being able to host your own Prelim.

Houghton is fenced too. Unless your coming in for people's backyards you can't really get in.
by OKC!
Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great game against Dublin on the weekend.

Good spirits the whole day, bit of banter back and forth. Its been a while since i have been out to that ground (15 years i think) and it looks in great condition with nice little club room. Look forward to seeing the lads later this season.
by OKC!
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of LO1

We didn't realise that there is a 4 vs 5 Elimination final.

That makes the 5th spot open to plenty of teams, with only Adelaide Warriors out of contention.

I'm sure Bedge will give a detailed rundown when he can of the remaining games for each. Vista has to play the top 3 sides but sit in 4th as it is. If Enfield can start to play good cricket, might be a Enfield vs Vista for the final spot in the last round.

Worth keeping an eye on the coming rounds.
by OKC!
Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |