Search found 70 matches

Return

Re: What swear words should be allowed on SAFooty.net?

please don't ban me for this, I need to contribute & if it's offensive, please delete straight away.
The other day, I jokingly called someone a c**t, I didn't actually type the word, I put the asterixes in myself, if this is wrong, then so be it but I have seen far worse, people call people cnuts quite often & get away with it, so there needs to be no grey areas. it doesn't matter how it's spelled, it means the same thing & if 1 way of spelling it is offensive, then it must not be permitted at all. Therefore, you can't type cnut or crunt or puck etc., etc.
by CENTURION
Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Barmby just found not guilty.
by CENTURION
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Big Phil wrote:Expect a Doggies player to have a coastal change in scenery next year...

Dutchy will be over the moon :)

good, bugger off. We don't want players who don't have the ticker to strive for a premiership.
by CENTURION
Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Just spent a week in Koh Samui, Thailand.
I now know how & why Wedgie caught the clap.
Going back on the 5th of November.
Out of control.
by CENTURION
Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

South were the premiers.
by CENTURION
Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So far from this year the dogs have lost Symes, McIntyre, Williams and no doubt Glenn from the midfield. Add in Boyd, callinan and Ohara and we require a lot of solid recruiting.
We lost Boyd, Callinan, O'Hara in 2013, Symes was lost at the very start of 2014. McIntyre was lost mid 2014 when he made up his mind to bugger off.
We, together with Norwood, were the form side in the second half of 2014 & with some new recruits that we have signed up, things look extremely promising at Centrals for 2015.
by CENTURION
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

is it any possibility that you can fix the loo where it blocks up and overflows fixed,

it was the loo where we first met wedgie

or was it Bangladesh..?

Memories of Rooser Land
And I always thought "Dog_ger" was something to do with who you barracked for, not what you did in your spare time. :)
this is the very reason why I gave up dropping trips.
by CENTURION
Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

RB wrote:What's your other interest, Dogger?

being negative & miserable.
by CENTURION
Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jackson O'Brien has returned to Central after a couple of years playing with Angaston in the Barossa...

Was a midfielder recruited over from Tasmania who ended up having a few off-field issues but has got himself sorted out now, by the sounds of it...

I mentioned that one either on this thread, or another.
Was a little surprised by how little comment it generated.
I'm not sure I'm happy with this. He had his chances.
I'll drink to that!
by CENTURION
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

get rid of the afl & go back to the way things were!
by CENTURION
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

Brodlach wrote:You missed Centurion. He is chasing tales in Norwood

still here, been rather pre-occupied with women, cops & crook computers :-)
by CENTURION
Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

Central's form in the 2nd half of last year was excellent, now we have some pacy recruits & a FIT side, we'll make the top 3.
by CENTURION
Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Illicit drugs policy

hang on, if everyone knows the policy is no chances, then surely the culprit deserves to get the flick?
by CENTURION
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - West v Central @ City Mazda (Sun 3/5)

nice fine day, quick ball movement, unfortunately We don't have a big forward at the moment. West by 5 goals.
by CENTURION
Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Sturt v Centrals @PMO Sunday 2.10

Wedgie wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Oh, FFS.
What's he done? He was exceptional on the weekend.

Fell over her hair?

he has an almost shaved head.
by CENTURION
Mon May 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

yep, keep promoting the AFL sides in the SANFL, we will all be gone soon.
by CENTURION
Tue May 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

it was a crap crowd because people don't go to watch reserves matches. it's that frigging simple.
by CENTURION
Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Encouraging news! Spoke to CDFC board members yesterday, FINALLY the SANFL clubs have realised that the 2 AFL sides in the SANFL isn't working & moves are underway to have them removed, might not happen next year, more than likely the following.
by CENTURION
Sun May 31, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

It was interesting at The President's Luncheon, to have 2 spoonbills sitting with us, resplendent in their Centrals AND Crows colours. How ridiculous.
by CENTURION
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Sturt v Adelaide @ P.Motely Oval (Sun 7/6)

bennymacca wrote:Smileys certainly help :)

your avatar is missing a "t"
by CENTURION
Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Sturt v Norwood @ Unley

There you go, I think we've traced down the various nests of the residents preventing Sturt from having a permanent fence around the outside of Unley Oval. Seeing as you're a part of their "inner ring" couldn't you have a word in their ears about it? Good lad!

I tried mate but they couldn't understand me, even when I spoke really slowly .. Im sure you'd know they're not the sharpest around that way
Happy birthday , where's my bloody esky!!
by CENTURION
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

I'm impressed Ramrod, you have mastered the fine art of classic trolling, cast the line out, sit still, be patient & let the fish hook themselves! You should come out in my boat one day :D

I think the Weagles fans would like that. In fact, I think they'd even supply the boots for him to wear. :lol:

( PS - Any luck in Stink Finger Mk II yet? )
yep, picked up a 17 foot Quintrex Spirit with a 90hp Yam, she's beautiful. :D
by CENTURION
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

Ramrod wrote:Surely it's not trolling if everything i have said is correct? They are a very precious club down there. Cant wait until they play at the parade, hopefully these supporters hang around for a beer.

they can't, their carers won't let them.
by CENTURION
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

"We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players"
Can you list these people below please?
I think he was referring to South Adelaide.

You Doggers obviously only succeeded at one subject throughout school, Truancy. What a surprise there!
Any word yet on your oval + lights sharing merger with Adelaide Ununited...... two clubs deep in debt out there would be way more fun the one.....
And what's happened to the Dog Cheer squad? Must have been all working last Saturday I guess . :twisted:
Never wagged a day whilst at school.
Adelaide United have their own oval.
We aren't DEEP in debt.
We haven't had a cheer squad for years.
As soon as we saw your bunch of buck-toothed, saliva-spraying gongbeaters that stand behind your goals, we realised that we didn't want to be seen in the same light.
by CENTURION
Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: North v Port - Saturday @ Prospect

RustyCage wrote:Kane Mitchell dropped by the Power League side, so will be in for the Power Reserves.
by CENTURION
Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

I'm happy but there's still a long way to go. Our mozzie fleet is super impressive, can't wait until J. Schiller is back. We are nearly back to our brutal-tackling style of 5 or 6 years ago, We just need 2 more big blokes, that's all. 99 tackles!! FFS!!
Thanks for the beer Baldy :D
by CENTURION
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

Ramrod wrote:God McGregor rates himself doesn't he? Someone get him a looser Guernsey, the little fatty is filling it out too much. And he is proper lazy. Yes he's kicked a couple but he is a proper slut on the field

he's getting fat because every time he roots your missus, she gives him a cream biscuit :D
by CENTURION
Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 11 July @ Elizabeth

wild dog wrote:With the cold blast this weekend combined with the opposition, I can see this being a record low crowd at Elizabeth.

All CDFC supporters should just stay in The Club then! NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: South v North - Sunday 12 July @ Hickinbotham

Wedgie wrote:Go Panthers!

fix the bloody premiership table!
by CENTURION
Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

Power by 4 goals.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RESRVES AFL teams future

Not many on here like it. What about the clubs now? A few posters on here have posted a turn in opinion ? Not so sure its credible.

Its not that simple . What is the agreed time frame of being in the competition , what is the time frame for them to be removed and where do the clubs get the $100,000k from them not being in ? Chuck in TV which leads to sponsorship .................

A short sighted dollar vision decision by 6 clubs. Will the AFL reserves teams stay ?
We are losing more than the $100,000, due to low attendance levels. I'm a sponsor & having games televised, in my opinion, is NOT good for sponsors.
I would rather have 5,000 people at the game, constantly reading my signage, than have it on TV, where people rarely catch a glimpse of my signage.
by CENTURION
Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

but it wasn't a Magpie game, it was a power reserves game, unfortunately, so they can ween the supporters off the Maggies, they still wear the Guernsey.....but I don't think for much longer, it's bloody stupid & insulting to the old Magpie supporters.
by CENTURION
Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: Eagles v Port - Saturday 18 July @ Woodville

Eagles by 8 goals.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Christ its always doom and gloom amongst norwood supporters isnt it? Which teamshave been consistent apart from the eagles? Westies znd port power reserves have been up and down. Only norwood supporters could be so pessimistic when their side is sitting secondon the ladder. I can't think of onegood reason not to be confident this weekend.
because Norwood's form of late has been bloody awful & The Crows have had two big wins on the trot?
by CENTURION
Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a punchup over on the Redlegs forum!
They're starting to eat their own already :-)
Back to the footy, I saw the first quarter, that would have to be the smallest crowd I have seen at Norwood oval!!
by CENTURION
Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

topsywaldron wrote:Use the ignore button numnuts, I'm going to be bleating about my club being sold out from underneath me for years to come.

FFS, I feel dirty. I'm agreeing with you!
by CENTURION
Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can feel a TWO month holiday coming......
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This forum is just ridiculous. This pretty much sums up in SA..... Backwards.

In SA?

This AFL Ressies thing has had the same impact in Melbourne & in Perth mate.
Please, if you are going to make comment - at least make informed comment.
(Unless it is purely a troll).

The WAFL fans hate the fact EPFC has become West Coast's bitch & Peel ( who the hell were they anyway?) are Freo's feeder Team.
Having been to the VFL (standard is good BTW) the Crowds are less there than here & they've got more teams & more population.

The SANFL was a genuine alternative competition for FOOTY Fans, disillusioned with the 'Corporate Grab' that is AFL.
Unfortunately, the point of difference that existed pre-2014 has gone & with it the Crowds. :(

I get that, however ultimately the main point of these comps is to help players in the next level. Without doubt it has. A lot of people hate change and that's the problem.
I can't speak for the other 7 SANFL clubs but I'm sure that the sole aim of MY club is to win premierships in the SANFL. Can you tell me the names of anyone who goes to a SANFL match MAINLY to watch player development?
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why not? Not much to support out Murray Bridge way, unless you wanna sponsor a jail.
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why not? Not much to support out Murray Bridge way, unless you wanna sponsor a jail.

Some of your former players are probably in there :)
I didn't know there was a legends jail out there!

There's not, I was wrong, the prison out there is only minimum security. Your lads are probably in Yattla.
No, that's the Roosters, they have a glory hole up to the Grand North fence!
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carn Wedgie, let the toolsqueezer back on, this is fun.
and fix the bloody premiership table!!!!
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Loving having you back, Roman.

It's amazing, having a bottle of scotch, dropping pingas & listening to The Doors, it really is inspiring!
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, get back to a more family-orientated club, less emphasis on the big dollar, more emphasis on the supporters, more chook raffles & meat tray raffles, downsize the size of the clubs, make it cheaper to get in to the footy. You get my drift.
by CENTURION
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone post the link to the story yesterday in the paper where that Parkinson dick said how good the reserves sides are for the comp

Edit found it
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-working-perfectly-for-crows-power/story-fni5ezdm-1227484988551
below is a brilliant response to this ^^^^ article, by fellow Bulldog supporter, Pluto, posted on the CDFC forum.

Interesting article gentlemen. Couple of points I'd like to raise. You haven't said whether or not it is in the interests of the 8 SANFL teams to have the AFL Franchise teams in this competition. Nor do the opinions of the SANFL club CEO’s get a mention only …” Andrew and Keith they’re happy with how it’s working as well…”.

Further, I take it that when you state ..” And the majority of people who go to SANFL football are really enjoying it, want to continue to enjoy it and are really proud of their club, its tradition and its rivalries..” here you are talking about the Adelaide Crows and the Port Adelaide Power AFL franchise teams supporter bases and not the 8 SANFL teams!

You state that …“Certainly all the conversations that I’ve had say that the best solution as it stands is that it is the best solution for the (AFL) clubs in South Australia. Certainly it’s the right solution for having AFL players play in the SANFL….”.

I would respectfully ask who you had these conversations with? Did they canvass all Club CEO’s and Directors, Coaches, players and supporter groups (SANFL club supporter groups) etc? If so can you please provide dates, audience numbers/participants and discussion points mentioned. I’d be fascinated to hear who said what on this matter. Great for the AFL Franchise Players? Thought your brief was to support SANFL and it's clubs players?

Have you consulted with the SANFL players themselves about their welfare? To compete with the professional athletes employed by the 2 AFL Franchise teams, training requirements of the sub – professional SANFL players has increased substantively for little or no reward. Indeed you reduced the salary cap. Longer hours on the training track, larger impact on home, work and social life will have a telling effect on them individually and will ultimately affect the standard of our game and makes it all the more tempting to quit league footy and play in the country for a lot more money and a better quality of life! Lucky there’s not a player’s collective in the SANFL guys or you’d be in real trouble!

Inequities in the current playing conditions are ridiculous. The Adelaide Crows top up players get $400 per match for training 1 night a week. If they don’t play for them they return back to their assigned clubs on even higher wages or they play twice over the weekend and make significantly more money than do other players with the traditional SANFL teams. Where’s the fairness in this? What salary cap? Players who opted out of the SANFL system due to time and training commitment requirements are gifted League games. Makes a mockery of what players at other clubs are doing. Don’t get me started on the Port Adelaide Power debacle. How can you possibly allow them access to the competition with another different set of condition? At the very least Power academy side must go and they get their top-up players as per the Adelaide Crows franchise!

It would appear to me from the wording of the story that there will be no changes to the competition as it stands over the next few years which disappoints me. I would like to extend an offer to you both to come down to the Central Districts FC Annual General meeting late October this year where you both can stand up and explain to me and the “minority” just what you mean by …“And this year, I again think that on all measures apart from one the SANFL has more interest in it”. I’d also like you to be able to demonstrate the research you have that supports the prognosis that it’s“…Certainly there’s a minority of people who don’t like the structure as it is at the moment…”

As a loyal follower of this completion for over 60 years it would be really nice if just once someone from the hierarchy of the SANFL would address an audience of loyal SANFL football followers, players, officials etc. and explain the benefits of the current arrangements to us. Give all the 8 SANFL Club financial members the opportunity to view the pro’s and cons of the argument and let us have a vote on whether the 2 franchise teams are to remain in the SANFL. Explain to us why you allowed the misconception that both AFL Franchise teams would pay the SANFL existing teams $50,000 each per year to continue? If you’re right and it is only …” a minority of people who don’t like the structure as it is at the moment..” what have you got to lose? It can even be a non-binding vote.
by CENTURION
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Tribunal News & Discussions

he's out, that's all I care about.
by CENTURION
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |