Search found 67 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Glad this thread is now unlocked I can say how much of a great game it was on Anzac Day between Lockleys and Central United. Units really stood up after losing Woody at the start of the 2nd term to what I must say I thought a ridiculous decision but hey we've laid with dogs for that long you do catch fleas, we live and learn, we move on.

Great game of footy.
by carey
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Besides, even the Lakes hierarchy knows it's a load of shit, but they're still proud..

image.jpg

Good luck to Mawson Lakes, If Wayne Knowles had a degree of self respect about him he wouldn't allow this.. But he will.. And it will be a blood bath at the farm come Saturday..

Trinity for premiers.
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

well done to zwecky and to lockleys football club. A great fit for coach and club, I wish both of them the absoulute best
by scottroo
Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.
by citycoaster17
Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**PLEASE READ - SACFL CYBER- SAFETY POLICY**

As users of this forum that don't mind dishing a bit out, can you please make yourselves familiar with the new policy.

Thanks
Lisa
by Footy Chick
Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

The Para Hills Football & Sports Club Inc invites you to attend our Annual General Meeting to be held at our clubrooms on Wednesday 21st September at 6:30pm. We are seeking applicants to fill the following positions on the committee: Chairman (2 years), Vice-Chairman (1 year), Secretary (1 year), Treasurer (2 years) and general committee members (1 or 2 year terms). We are also looking to fill the specific roles of Senior Football Director, Sponsorship/Fundraising and Facility/Equipment Co-ordinator.

Further, we are in the process of forming a separate Junior Sub-Committee (which will report to the main committee), consisting of Junior Secretary, Junior Welfare Officer, Junior Coaching Co-ordinator and Junior Home Match Co-ordinator. Ideally we would like to have assistants for each of these roles also to lessen the load for all involved. At least 2 of the sub-committee members will need to be elected to the main committee.

Importantly, the coaching sub-committee has worked its way through a healthy list of applicants and expects to make an announcement within the next 2 weeks, please stay tuned. The Adelaide Football League has informed us we will be likely re-entering the competition in Division 7, with a small chance of Division 6 depending on positioning of other teams. We hope this will enable us every chance of success in our returning seasons.

We would like to thank all existing committee and sub-committee members for their work to date and welcome anyone new who would like to get involved in this exciting new era of the The Big Reds. Get involved and make a difference. If you require any further information on the above, please don’t hesitate to make contact via parahills@footymail.com.au.

Reminder: 2006 premiership reunion at our clubrooms from 7pm on Saturday 27th August. Come along and celebrate our past.
by blackRoo
Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres...6 weeks ago we were closing the doors, well that clearly hasn't happened. A month ago we were only fielding 1 team..... don't believe we have forfeited a game yet. Our depth is poor... well I don't think we are the only club in SAAFL with that issue, and even when we have a win .... it's still not good enough for some.

I don't know how many people that post on here have EVER had a crack at being on a club committee but I would guess less than 30% ...but they are all experts on what's happening in a club, what should happen in a club, how the club is being run, and even make it look like they have information from inside the board room.

The GFC is a proud club full of good hard working people and players that are doing the best job they can to make the club a success with a good culture, they have self funded the shed and surrounds for the betterment of it supporters and visitors alike...it's a great place to watch the footy from whilst enjoying good fresh food and a cold beverage. The committee is trying to build a culture that will last and others look at with envy..... but they don't allways get it right....sorry about that but they are human after all.

So in summary if the club fails it wont be because of anything that gets posted on here ... it will be because others are not prepared to step up and have a go instead of sitting back on the keyboard and typing ..." I told you so"
by turk186
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

I heard he's pretty handy in front of goals 8)

still in negotiations,.........seems everyone else is dragging out an AFL player, so we thought we had better get in on the act. Now we have someone for Kane to tag!! :-)
by bloodhound
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

I heard he's pretty handy in front of goals 8)

2020 recruiting drive!
by zedman
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to bob and the hvfc for saturdays games..they suffered a sad loss friday night and played inspired footy in the A grade just failing to hold onto a lead..great to see them take some time out and come into our rooms for a few drinks and eats before heading back up grand junction rd to remember their mate..best of luck for the rest of the year..

Thanks Z - very tough day for all involved at the Valleys.

Still trying to figure out how the hell we lost that game. For those playing at home, we were in front until about 5 minutes before the end of the game.

At least all the doggos enjoyed my treats :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

probably based on an A grade draft draw.

Dont forget we're likely to have a Uni side here too, given they probably won't put any teams in D6 or 7 in 2018.

:(

:evil: :evil:

should be in c4 minimum..lost one game all year..probably during uni holidays..and the gf score:

Adelaide University
8.15-63
FINAL
2.0-12
Hope Valley

If Uni are pulling their D7 teams as reported they'll probably have teams in C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 and C6 (and be a reasonable danger of pulling a clean sweep of the C Grade divisions).

Maybe the clubs should vote you can only have a maximum of 4 senior sides plus 1 x U18's side.
by Demon Juke
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pulteney vs CBC

After coming up a division and emphatically dismantling their div 6 rivals can will james and his crew make a statement against flag fancies and last year's finalists cbc. A wet and windy day is forecast and the small Morgan oval should make a fascinating match between the college teams. Pulteney with some new recruits on show will be coming in confident and hot whilst cbc ran over Kenilworth after a slow start. Pivotal midfield battle between the likes of Tucker and Johansen.Will cbc have an advantage of an on field coach? Time will tell and a huge advantage who ever wins with a 2-0 start.

game of the round..if i wasnt busy i would go and have a look..
by zedman
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge Reviews...

This week my review focussing on a topic dear to my heart, and stomach - food.

A leisurely trip out to Lockleys on the weekend, in perfect football conditions, and after the game a visit to the BBQ, my world was opened to the delight they called The Stormy Special .

Must admit when I heard people talking 'Stormy Specials' I thought they were referring to visiting a certain Waymouth St establishment for relaxing services, but when my eyes laid sight of the delight, it truly was "Special".

A white hotdog roll, soft and fresh with a delicate sweetness to it, layered with succulent, delicious bacon pieces, sizzled tender minute steak, topped with perfectly prepared and barbequed sausages, and then littered with a plethora of mouth watering, aromatic white onion.

A dash of mustard, and a squirt of tomato sauce, and the beast was complete.

With every bite the risk of spillage, excited, the combination of flavours and textures tantalised the taste buds and sent the tummy into a state of total euphoria and satisfaction.

Anyone visiting Rutland Avenue, add this beast to your wish list - you wont be disappointed, and it's now moved into the top 10 BBQ delicacies I've consumed - the Brahma Lodge Fat Boy special still number one, and will take some beating.

Rating: 7/10
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schweppes C Grade 2018

Very interesting chain of events saturday it seems.

We got a phone call from a trainer for Unis C6 side following up that we were indeed forfeiting our game as someone had sent a dodgily worded text message to their football director from someone pretending to be me, advising we were forfeiting our C6 game due to lack of numbers! This text wasnt followed up by the club and posted on the internal facebook chat they have.

I was made aware at about 1130am and got straight on the phone to clarify that we had 25 blokes on their way to Uni for the 2:15 game. Luckily they were able to pull their side back together and we ended up beaten fair and square thanks to Malinauskas' dominant display at full forward.

Thanks to the Uni trainer who called us and made us aware of this, she saved what would've been a very awkward situation for both clubs.
by BenchedEagle
Mon May 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was fantastic to have Wayne Milera training tonight at the Farm. An Ingle Farm Junior, it’s extremely nice that he came out of his own accord and had a run around with some mates. Training standard certainly lifted too.
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard pulteney have recruited a guy by the name of Matt Bedgegood to run the bbq tomorrow. Huge if true.
With all due respect, I can count on both hands the sport-free Saturdays I've had over the past 7 years, there is no chance in hell i'd travel out to the worst ground in the comp, and run the worst BBQ in the AdFL especially with rain forecast. ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure how Zedman & supporters will hold up if Lockleys B grade isn't able to win against CBC on Saturday.

C Grade went out 1st week
A Grade went out 2nd week (Straight Sets)
B Grade ?

well obviously we will close the club and never be seen again.. :roll:

losing an elimination final as the 5th team is now straight sets, plural? ok..good to know..

to lose by a goal and then 2 points is agonising of course..but im content we left nothing in the tank..it is what it is..a very difficult division as we knew it would be before it started..whilst others thought we were "faves" early on we certainly didnt believe that internally..we would have rocked up with a shell of a team this week if we had won, copping another 3 serious injuries saturday..

going forward to this weeks game i think pulteney appear a bit fragile and wobbly, got out of jail against us 2 weeks ago..might be cooked after a 23 goal annihilation (is that a record defeat in a semi final?)..they rely on their 4-5 ex sanfl players to dominate a little bit to much, they need to retain them all for 2019 no matter what grade they are in..wsfc have a more even spread, play tough running footy and have a gun sitting in the square..on a roll now and finishing games hard, they should get it done with a recent win over pfc as well..the venue could be a critical factor though..

wsfc by 24 points..
by zedman
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just on a personal note, it's been a great 5 year's as a assistant then head coach at the Smithfield f.c,i definitely had some great times as my journey started in div 7 to 6,5,4 back to 5.
It was very challenging but very rewarding as well,i have ment some great people along the lines from other football clubs,also gained respect to some hopefully majority of our opponent's,as that was one of my goals taking on the role.
Basically my mindset was to help tidy up the s.f.c ,as we all know the history and bad name that hang over the club,getting good feed back from the ceo and umpires director was very satisfying for my self and i no it did to all involved at s.f.c.
I truly believe there has been a massive turn around down there and im very confident it will continue on for many years to come hopefully for ever, as there is no room in our game for supporters being feral and abusive or just general on field nonsense as we have witness this year.
Im stepping down as head coach,as the club needs fresh blood to help build on top of the current playing group,also so i can explore higher divisions and different leagues to better my self as a future coach.
Cheers..
by coman
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

I cant work understand how it took North 5 minutes to work out that they had an extra man or the Eagles didn't realise and call a head count either. With the number of interchange stewards and assistant coaches working the boards and magnets, surely someone would have looked around and thought "where's player x?" or "who's meant to be on that loose player?" Cripes, we can work it out even in C5. Quick look around on the bench and make sure there's the same number on the bench that you started the game with less injuries.
North were probably trying to figure out the best way to remove the player without it being obvious, who knows, I agree with you, it makes zero sense in this day and age.

A few years ago maybe 6 or 7 I was injured and controlling the bench as our coach decided to play for the day as injury cover. I realised after about a minute that we had 19 on the field (spare man was forward too) but was trying to work out a way of getting the player off as the i/c steward had already been notified of the changes at the break.
I ended up sending the 2 guys on the bench to do some stretches behind the goals and after we kicked a point the extra player just slipped through the goals and joined them and jogged back to the bench. Was pretty funny watching the guy who was trying to stand him wait for him to come back on the field to man him up before he realised what was going on. Probably took a full 5 minutes before we got him off the ground.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Now they have moved the no scoring module up to and including U11's for the upcoming season so presume they are going with what was said a couple of seasons ago that they would eventually take it up to and include U13's

Personally i think it is crap, few people on the wireless this morning not happy about it either
And teams of 12.

thats just ridiculous, clubs struggle to get enough volunteers now but teams of 12 means more sides in some of the stronger clubs
by locky801
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

How are lockleys still in div 5 with the lists they have had over the 4 years? Under performed?

i would say over performed in div 6 2015 going from 6th to a GF..first year in div 5 2016 made top 3 but lost a low scoring prelim at heccies by under 2 goals to get into a GF and the rest is history, perhaps that is under performing but we would have jumped 2 grades in 2 years with a GF appearance..f****d up in 2017 i feel, notwithstanding the superior squad glenunga had we could have made a GF and didnt..performed about right in 2018 we thought in hindsight, lost 2 finals by under a goal..CBC, PFC and WSFC all had stronger lists last year, we didnt have any sanfl players in our teams..its frustrating for sure though..you either give up or push on..so we push on.. :)
by zedman
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fourth barbie of the pre-season run last night out at Pulteney.. great to see the club committed and embracing change, striving for excellence.

Still a bit of work to do, but massive improvement already in a short space of time.
Great to see the BBQ undergoing a gruelling pre season. Rumour has it, it's in the best shape it's ever been in at this time of year. It's grease/fat coverage has been cleaned up since its return after xmas and it did a PB in heating time. The onions commented that they've never been cooked so fast before, especially in February. A few of the new recruits in kransky and chicken breast, are enjoying their new surroundings. The BBQ itself is just taking it one snag at a time and is trying to downplay the pre season hype. It's hoping not be singled out as the red hot favourite to top Bedge's list of Div 5 BBQ delights in 2019. In fact, it's just trying to keep a lid on things and hope that it doesn't run out of gas after starting so early after Xmas..
by S Demon
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, a great reputation with food on a Saturday is worth $1000’s of extra revenue to Footy Clubs.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

go get a room..always with the "love ins" you two.. 8)
Will this be one of the first seasons you've missed the finals?

#NoCookeNoLockleys
#NoLoveIns

if we dont win enough games it will be..cookies injury is a harsh blow in a season of harsh blows..we will keep banging away..

#NoMoneyNoPulteney
by zedman
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it's time the league turned on the ladder predictor.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth V Lockleys should be a good game this week with some quality in form players running around.
by meanderman
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the score right at Lockleys, 9 goals to 1 in the last quarter and just hang on? If so, massive win for Locks.

yeah its right..epfc kicked the first 4 goals of the game..after that it was 17 goals to 4 our way but we didnt see the last quarter coming..momentum is nearly impossible to stop in footy and they had loads of it..we lost 3 lads in the last quarter which ruined our structure down back and they pounced..full credit to them for never giving up..nothing seems to come easy for our lads this year..we have to fight for everything..
by zedman
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to @Pag who plays his 300th game for Salisbury this weekend. Massive achievement. Good luck on saturday mate =D>
by S Demon
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has that Lockleys bloke come down yet from that grab in the 3rd? One of the biggest marks I’ve seen in a while!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the biggest respect and change to Smithfield has been the player behaviour despite not dominating the league.

It’s easy to stay out of trouble and away from suspensions when your playing in back to back grand finals. The last 3-4 years though has seen Smithfield sitting mid table and even relegated yet player behaviour has stayed really good

That’s total culture change right there! People at the club have put a lot of hard yards in and got the rewards.

Very well played!
by whufc
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the biggest respect and change to Smithfield has been the player behaviour despite not dominating the league.

It’s easy to stay out of trouble and away from suspensions when your playing in back to back grand finals. The last 3-4 years though has seen Smithfield sitting mid table and even relegated yet player behaviour has stayed really good

That’s total culture change right there! People at the club have put a lot of hard yards in and got the rewards.

Very well played!

Motion seconded.

Whilst I can only speak for their C Grade side, both times we played them this season, the results were incredibly one sided and it would have been so easy for them on both occasions to go the knuckle, however it was the polar opposite.

They were actually a top quality bunch of lads who never stopped encouraging each other and even had a bit of banter with our blokes throughout the game, despite the scoreboard being so mentally demoralising.

It goes to show that with the right people at the helm, cultural change can happen.
by valleys07
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully a new BBQ setup :D
by Chappy
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm just impressed that Lockleys won a final ;-)

*runs*

So where will Pulteney play next week, seeing as they can't hide up at St Marys and they apparently can't play at Morgan?
by Footy Chick
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice warm day tomorrow with a decent Northerly blowing. - Nothing better than playing finals on a warmer day...

Tips tomorrow;

A’s - Lockleys by 8 points, Kenilworth by 17 points (hopefully).

B’s - Lockleys by 28 points, Salisbury by 21 points.

Best of luck tomorrow to all involved and best of luck to the Salisbury A grade players livers tomorrow with Silly Saturday.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are Lockleys the most consistent B grade side in the AdFL?

The past 6 seasons prior to this has seen them play off in 4 Grand Finals and 1 Prelim where they lost to eventual premiers CBC.

Only once in that 6 years have they failed to reach the at least the last 3 teams.. ;)
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:D5 looks feral AF. Feel sorry for CLG.

Oh sorry Mr Collage boy

#dontforgetwhereyoucamefrom

should have seen him saturday..gliding around with a fresh new haircut..eating caviar out of a lunch box..sipping on evian water because tap water dont cut it! :)
by zedman
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury's BBQ wins as bedge is coming out with some free time around lunch.
by Pag
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

Were some of the guys on here born yesterday. We play triple headers all year and the finals should be no different other than circumstances when it could be more practical to separate the C grade. The ONLY grade in finals that impacts getting promoted is A grade hence why the higher placed team gets the home final and the lower grades get arranged for best fit to try and keep clubs together as much as possible. That is why some triple headers this week are a combination of QF and EF rather than 3 QF at one venue and 3 EF at the other venue. There have been examples of a C grade final being played as a stand-alone game or slotted in with another grades finals but that will usually only occur if those clubs do not have a higher grade playing the same day. I have attended a C grade Preliminary Final that was played as a stand alone game and I've seen more atmosphere and crowd participation at a kids Under 8 game.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Pag wrote:Forgot Lockleys also added Dylan Howie from Brighton. Jesus christ. :shock:

Is this what you and zed are gonna do all year? Just keep claiming the other as the premiership favs and talk your own mob down? :P
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Not knowing when footy could return I’d like to see SAAFL give clubs a fresh start, return of clubs such as Salisbury west & any club that was on the brink of being booted.. this is a huge wake up call for everyone & there’s more to life then just footy so hopefully SAAFL can dish some chances out

---
Why would they do this? Some of these clubs have been given way more than one, two or three chances over many years.

Who's liable if they let some of these clubs back into the competition only for the same thing to happen again and again. I'm a believer that Salisbury West have had way too many opportunities presented to them and they can stay out for at least the next 5-10 years if not forever
by the smokey
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

There are a lot of good people around Westies - and unfortunately like most places, a lot of not so good.

I’d like to see them invest their energy into the juniors and build up their kids numbers before looking at senior footy again.

Personally I think they shot themselves in the foot when they attempted to re-affiliate by appointing Matty Leigh as their coach, especially after his recent seasons - it was just a case of “same old same old” from the outside, they really needed to find a coach who had no ties to the club, didn’t come from the area and had a good record of coaching. Someone the league could have faith would make the necessary moves to drive a change in culture.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

I suspect we might get a situation by following the QBD weekend where we'll be permitted to play, but not to congregate within the adjoining licensed facilities.

Relative to where we were a month ago I think it's far more likely we'll see footy this season.

This provides an unfair advantage to lifeless college clubs :lol:
by Q.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No talk of Lockleys trial game against Rosewater, anyone see the game? I have two questions:
1 - Lots of talk about Lockleys here in all grades! What team do we fancy most to stop them?
2 - Bray Raf is a loved player at Lockleys will he make an A grade appearance this year after his B grade B and F last year ?
Might just sneak into their C grade now with all their recruits... ;)
by S Demon
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Appreciate the kind words Brodlach. You guys just too good in both grades. The state you left our away changerooms were so impressive that it actually got a mention by the committee at presentations. Thanks to your boys for coming in for a beer as well, shame we cant reciprocate until next season. Good luck for the rest of the year
Thanks for that, always leave they change rooms as you find it IMO, it’s called respect.
by Brodlach
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chesser for me in the A grade - exceptional player in an exceptional team. Kenilworth looking the goods!

In div 5R - Moser could be hard to beat he stands out like dogs balls and can takes a strong mark and kicks goals. Fregona for Lockleys is also a chance and could become a back to back medalist and join the likes of Robert Harvey.
by bertiebeatle
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth absolutely robbed in the dying seconds when they were 5 points up. Some shocking decisions made by one umpire that changed the outcome of the game. Especially the one where the kenilworth player shouldve been rewarded a free kick for in the back. Instead it was called play on which resulted in a lockleys goal and a gf win.
If he got hands on the ball it isn't in the back, he didn't use his hands, the two HTB's were a bit harsh but there, especially from where the umpire was stationed.
From where I was watching it looked like a unrealistic attempt to mark the footy and clearly shouldve been rewarded a free kick.

Here’s a tissue..cry me a ******* river..

Umpire said he got a hand to it, player said he got a hand to it, 2 other players said he got a hand to it, that’s play on. Htb 35m out to kfc with 4 minutes to go(and goaled) the same as the two htb Lockleys got.

Kfc were incredible all game but our guys never stopped and the football gods said it was our time. Truly felt for my kooka mates but that’s footy.

The scoreboard never lies.

3/3
by zedman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very dusty old mate!
by zedman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah well done Lockleys. Bring in a coach that slowly but surely turns you from very mediocre into a club that now looks a real chance to progress up the grades. New clubrooms, junior growth and then decide the person who has been a big part of making the club relevant isn't worthy of taking the club forward on this journey. You are a Div 5 club that's had one really big year. So what!!! Blood on your hands Lockleys FC. You deserve to stay mediocre.
by Down the Hill
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:
S Demon wrote:I would have thought if you win the premiership, the final margin is irrelevant..

Obviously not according to the Lockleys board!!

No doubt one day we will hear Zedman's side of the story!

No we won't.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just curious who is a bigger nuffie Matt Lane from kenilworth or Scott Hooper from CLG both have commented on every lockleys post for last 2 weeks.

My tip is Matt Lane seems to pop up every where with no support ? Kenilworth committee had to actually speak to him about posting :D :D
Biggest nuffie is the person who operates the Lockleys Social Media..

“Look forward to an even better 2021!” - how they **** can you get better than 3 flags!?!
“Are we still the best little club in town?” - what absolute waaaaaft!

I’m off Lockleys.. flags gone to their head.

Actually agree with you there bedge that was pretty lame
by bertiebeatle
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |