Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hey everyone, welcome to my list of...

*drumroll*

morell's Football Myths!

1. You play the way you train.
2. Pre-seasons are really important in amateur football.
3. Stretching achieves anything, ever.
4. Every club pays players.
5. Getting to a game early allows for a superior preperation.
6. Business slacks make you a more professional and disciplined club.

I could not disagree with you more on most of these points. If this is the attitude of most of the people at MP, then no wonder you languish between D6 and 7.
I think you do play the way you train. Training at high intensity for the skills used on the weekend are of much more use than just going for a kick and a catch, or pissing around not giving a fu^k. You won't improve unless you push yourself at training.

Pre-seasons are really important in my opinion even at amateur level, it brings everyone together earlier, uniting the group, and like my point above, if you push yourself to get something out of it, you will get beneficial results. There is a huge difference in fitness and attitude between the clubs I know who start training in November, and the ones who start training in January. You may say that most players will keep themselves in good shape, but this is unrealistic; I think you'd get a couple per side that would actually do this, especially to the same standard as pre-season training.

I'm no doctor or physical well being expert, but in my case stretching is important to my performance on the track and recovery. I'm not the most flexible bloke going around, so it may not be critical for everyone.

Getting to a game earlier does allow for superior preparation. At least from my own experience anyway, in terms of getting into the right frame of mind, getting a feel for the footy, strapping/massage, etc. Even in my summer sport of gaelic footy which isn't taken as seriously, and is less strict on report time, I know that in general, the earluier I get there, the more prepared I am to perform at my best.

Maybe not every club pays players, but a majority would these days I'd reckon.

And on the whole slacks debate, I don't know whether it would actually make you perform better on any given day, but it does represent a buy in by the group, and a uniform approach. I have played for sides which do and do not enforce the policy. I don't really mind either way, but it requires little effort and organization, and does make for a more professional looking playing group than guys rocking up in trackies and ugg boots. It might even signify to some players to take their preparation more seriously and professionally. In my experience, you can tell the guys who don't buy into the group culture, and aren't on the same page as the rest of the group, as they are the one's who manage to 'forget' or 'misplace' parts of it each week, or are too lazy to buy a $10 pair of slacks from K-mart.
I don't see why you're so against it. It seems like you're arguing against it just for the sake of it.
by lutz
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Johno6 wrote:ahhhhh finals...

that time of year where I forget how to play football.

You're not the only one at your club that has that problem
by lutz
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Have heard that Kilburn's B grade coach has also resigned tonight, but that they have found a new A grade coach.

Nathan Tape apparently the new A grade coach. Last year was assistant coach at Port District but has had some past experience coaching in the Riverland FL (Waikerie I believe). Was a very handy player and a good bloke too.
by lutz
Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaelic Football in South Australia

Well done to Port as well on there first success in winning Div 2. It must have been Troy s game plan. :D

Alex*

Yea was a really tight contest. Port lead the whole game but Flinders came home with a lot of momentum. I thought they were going to steal it at one stage. Really quick game; moving from end to end with minimal errors (particularly for 5th v 6th).
Hopefully both teams are still competing next year.
Good day at St Marys - the Mens Final was a quality game, enjoyable to watch without having a connection to either team as it always is.
by lutz
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know what will happen if Kilburn can't get a side up at all? Would another club be forced to come up? Or top three come up at the end of the season?
by lutz
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I would LOL if Kilburn won the D3 flag this year.. sooo good! :D

I'll suck ya dad's dick if they win the D3 flag this year.
by lutz
Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Why couldnt clubs just organise the C grade games to be played after the A grade as twilight matches? I'm sure the lights would be good enough for a last quarter.
by lutz
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Steve Guy is a peanut. Used to run around in the magoos trying to scare whichever 15 yo was filling in. There were a few flogs at Balaklava but he was up there.
by lutz
Fri May 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Don't see the difference - sing it inside and out, the opposition is still going to hear it. Often it's sung in the middle of the oval, by which time the defeated side has wandered off anyway.
What about inside and outside . Just so we could hear it twice.

if true thats ordinary..it was a minor round game between 7th and 8th wasnt it?!

While on this topic... ROCS sing on the field and the in the change rooms also. I believe they might be different songs though.
But pls, just pick one and go with it.
by lutz
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |