Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

I cringed during the whole Q & A show, it was awful. Pyne did himself no favours. It is always an awkward time right before budget. We see it every year where Ministers from both sides refuse to answer questions and say wait until the budget is released. It’s frustrating but really that is the way it works. They would be better in the couple of week leading up the budget to deal with other topics on Q & A.

Mark Trevorrow said he was going to try and bring the Abbott Government down before going on the show. I guess that is his right but really I don’t think he added one interesting comment the whole night. He just made jokes, faces and smug remarks at Pyne. Again that’s up to him but it really made for poor television. He came across as someone that hates the Government but really didn’t know why except it was the popular thing to do.

The other thing that derails Q & A is long questions. Last night every audience member felt it was their time to make a speech. To be honest I don’t really care what a Western Sydney Uni student thinks of the current Government, just ask a hard direct question and get on with it. The calling out during panel member responses just made for poor television.

If people want to protest then that is their right but I don’t think it helped their cause much last night. Obviously the majority of the audience went in there with one goal, maybe they felt like they achieved it but I think they missed a good opportunity to really ask some hard questions and perhaps saved the protesting for another time.
by ca
Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |