Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Congrats to the PDCA for their win last Sunday. Hope they learnt something from Pidge's batting display. Good luck against ATCA
by Cougar
Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

HFL Website now updated with 2014 Draw for Central & Country:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... &a=FIXTURE

Also looks like a few clearances already been put in also:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

Pasted off the Central thread from The Sorce
looking at the clearances whats the story with a few Birdwood going to Kersbrook? Or are they colts going back home?
Notice Kersbrook have picked up a few more elsewhere as well, how strong will they be? and points wise where do they stand?

On the fixtures the Mt Lofty v Kersbrook game will be interesting.
Also whats the story with the double ## next to the list, does that mean its not finalised yet?

Yes a lot of Kersbrook colts returning from Birdwood. Kersbook will have a senior colts side coached by Michael 'Chopper' Westley
by Cougar
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Tips Leaderboard

66 - Phantom Gossiper
60 – Auto
59 – Milly
57 – Carey
55- Cougar
50 – Dark & Stormy
by Cougar
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

carey wrote:OK I've just been informed of some Facebook posts hence why this is still going.

Glad I don't have stupid fu@#ing Facebook..........

Turn it up, you love Facebook. If only Barnesy knew you look at FB through your Misses account :lol:
by Cougar
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

I would think we are more like half of that.

Comparing to Uraidla, Lobey, Mt Barker, Ironbank - and now TV to name a few.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.

Let's not kid ourselves fellas, no one has a clue what other clubs are paying their players so why float rumours that are completely off the mark?
Gotta agree with this, but it'll still get a run every year.
At the risk of sounding like 'incentivising' is the ONLY way to go, when it comes to HFL rep honours, what if the clubs with players that bothered to don the HFL jumper got $200 (or whatever). That's THE CLUB gets that. Otherwise, really, is there much drive for clubs putting up their best players with the risk of injury for zero premiership points?

The players picked were given petrol money with enough left over to buy a carton of grog and a packet of chips
by Cougar
Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Q. wrote:Yeah, I was just having a larf. I look forward to the day of being put out to pasture like you lot ;)

Houghton B grade will need a permanent Forward Pocket one day.....look forward to that ;)
by Cougar
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

Good to see you running the tips again Cougar nice work mate.

Could be just you vs me mate, and happy to put some red cans up for grabs on it ;)

I tell ya what Mr. Cougar regardless of how many join we'll have a few quiet cans on who finish's higher between us! :D

Indeed ;) But I'm sure Arch, Auto and the Fitzies faithful will challenge us in the tips
by Cougar
Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks again to anyone involved in this seasons successful national carnival. Was a pleasure to be part of
by Cougar
Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So is the first week of finals the same games as this week except 1 venue change?

1-NEK v 4-Rose Park
2-Adel Luth v 3- Enfield

Should be interesting as the 3rd and 4th ranked side just beating 1st and 2nd.

Correct weight Carey

Thanks to you and your blokes supporting our Pink Stumps Day on Satdee
by Cougar
Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Real Number 3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Milly wrote:
RPCC.jpg

Good to see Richard Chee Quee still playing.

played 5 games for the year and didn't score a single run. yet managed to win a gf without touching the ball once haha

6 Matches, 3 Innings, 0 runs, Avg 0 = Premiership Player

Riddle, Geoff 6 3 0 0 0 3 0 0 0.00
by Cougar
Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Zartan wrote:In other news, I'm hearing Rose Park are chasing Michael Hobbs to return to the club.. apparently offering big dollars is what he's saying... reckons they think he's the key to success.

We can't afford him :(
by Cougar
Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair catch by NEK's Shane Buckland last night at the Strikers Match. Safooty's own Shaun Holland did his best effort to spoil the catch :)
by Cougar
Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2old2slow wrote:where the hell is the cougar?

I'm here
by Cougar
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Cmon Zartan Fitzroy losing 5/14 isn't out of the question

Surely not!

Straaaange game cricket

I know it’s been said on the FB group, but was good to see Aaron Roling (Fitzroy) and Jezz Borgas (Adelaide Lutheran) back out playing this round.
by Cougar
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Discussion raised last night at the Delegates meeting over the consideration of exploring one season of complete One Day matches next year.

Option to have maximum of 10 overs per bowler instead of 8 thought.

Peoples thoughts? Comps obviously barely surviving.. might not be the worst idea.. although for the purists who like 2 day cricket its pretty ordinary.. :(

If it did turn into a One Day comp, i would like to see games start at 10:30 with a potential early finish. That might entice a few more players. Would it still be 40 overs or would it turn to 50?

50 over a side cricket would be a long day. Like the idea of early starts, but that might upset a few with Saturday morning work, and clubs that have school cricket on it, in the morning.

I like the variety we have in our comp now with 5 X 1 Dayers, 5 X 2 Dayers and 3 X T20 matches.
by Cougar
Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:PS watching Cougar bat is seriously sleep worthy. If only the bloke at 1st slip could catch ;)

Thanking you Scott Clune ;)
by Cougar
Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So with C&CCA looking more likely to trial a complete one day comp next season, what are peoples thoughts with the setup? Some adjustments I'm hearing (or making up):

10x over limit for bowlers instead of 8
Modified rules in the lowest grade - i.e. retire at 50 or 100 etc. and bowl max 6 over spell straight up
Best out of 3 SF and GF series (so potentially a 6x week finals series with opportunity for a week off between SF and GF if they win 2 straight)
8x team Div 1 with 2x rounds of games vs each other
Bonus points to extend to mycricket commitments
Match point deductions based on not fulfilling mycricket requirements within a certain timeframe.
Medals to be introduced to all premiership winning players on the day.

Don’t like the idea of the comp becoming all one dayers and have always liked the variety of 5 X 2 dayers, 5 X 1 Dayers, 3 X T20. Can understand they looking to make the comp all one dayers with a carnival year this season, but you could schedule if not all one dayers before Xmas when the carnival is won or lost. Then after Xmas start the 2 day stuff into the final series.
And don’t think you’d get too much love in the lower grades with retiring guys at a certain score, or limiting a bowlers overs.
Knowing and speaking to some of the Athelstone guys they have enjoyed their time in our comp and have enjoyed the variety. Just fear with them now having 4 senior sides they’ll try and get another turf deck up.
by Cougar
Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Adam Gully who was awarded life membership at Enfield on Sunday.

199 games. 380 wickets, over 2,000 runs.

Played in 5x C&CCA carnivals over 10 years + SAMCA Cups sides, and has always been a rare shining light for Enfield in some difficult years, and generally the only Enfield players liked and respected by others in the comp :lol:

Congrats to Guls =D> Very useful left armer and slapping tail end bat. Been a great servant to Enfield and this association.

Still reckon he's a great lookalike for Channel 7's Tim Noonan :lol:
by Cougar
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Congrats to Kersbrook's Nafe Pearce on winning another Mail Medal last night (2's) . He's catching the old man's tally now of medals.
by Cougar
Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes and yes

Does anyone know if the Nairne player has actually been reported for slapping the card out of the umpires hand?

Have heard for abuse and the card slapping. He'll get a long holiday that for sure and not sure his record is that great either. Might not be just finished at Nairne......he can possibly concentrate on his Kyani sales now.
by Cougar
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Roger James for joining his brother Brett in the SA Football Hall of Fame last night. Both are a by-product of the HFL and Kersbrook Football Club, starting in Mini, Junior and Senior Colts with the Brookers before joining Norwood. Their father and Uncle played over 400 games with distinction for the KFC.
by Cougar
Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

Arch44 wrote:
Cougar wrote:Leaderboard after Round 6

42 – Cougar
40 - Zartan
40 – Carey
37 – Milly
35 - tkr
32 - Infinity+1
30 - Arch44

How am I getting points Cougar? :lol:

Accruing the bottom score each week Arch. You’re still a chance of winning ;)
by Cougar
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

There are a few decent coaches around ATM . Will be interesting to see who West select then South.

Thompson
Colville
Clayton
Surjan

Just to name a few
What have these guys done as Coaches to be decent?
Why not go after an actual coach rather than a name? I'd be sniffing around Unley if I was them.

In other related news Dean Brogan was seen down at Westies the other day walking around the clubrooms, make of that what you will.

Bassett and Mattner are "Names" that were pretty raw in coaching circles that had an impact and obvious success. Some of those guys mentioned might be good coaches given the chance.
There's a couple of common connections behind the scenes with those 2 "Names" you've mentioned, I'll let you work out who they are. Shop at Unley and you might work it out.
by Cougar
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

50% pay cut is terrible.. any Umpire pay cut is terrible.

Why? Everyone is taking a cut or not getting paid at all
Honestly, that is a terrible comment.

Players play footy for the comradeship etc, the umpires don't get together after the game and talk about their free kicks over a beer.

They go out there in all types of conditions and every time they blow their whistle, half the people there hate them.

They cop endless shit from drunken pigs on the outer who know f*** all about footy and have rose coloured glasses.

If you think blokes are going to choose to go and umpire for bugger all on a Saturday afternoon when they could be at home in the warmth with their family then you're going to see the ramifications of this.

By the time an umpire buys all of his attire required it takes about 4-5 rounds to recoup the costs, and that is during a normal season.

Agree. Would have thought Umpire Payments would be the last expense taken aback. All umpiring fraternities are struggling to recruit without less incentive been thrown at them.
by Cougar
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

no_remorse28 wrote:For as long as we can remember, he sometimes will wear just one, or at time two and then take them off and stuff them in the back of his pants.

Very relaxed cat is Lovel. His backing up at the non strikers end was also outstanding. Still hits them well.
by Cougar
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just wondering how many junior teams the clubs will be fielding this year? Is there numbers coming through the ranks that will ensure that clubs survive? Country footy in many locations is in trouble with the lack of juniors.

Country Div Clubs certainly not flushed with Juniors. But think all the clubs except Gumeracha are fielding an Under 14s team in 2023 which would be the most for a while. And there is an Under 16.5 comp running which didn't in 2022.
by Cougar
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not too many surprises in the Prelim Finals.

Meadows get another shot in the Junior Colts. Birdwood fielded 17 at times in their Senior Colts Prelim win. Gumeracha B grade have made their first GF in 25 years??? Reckon it was 97. And in the A grade Gum had a training run against Maccy.

Glorious conditions forecast for this Saturdays Grand Final at arguably the best oval in the Hills @ Kersbrook

Juniors Colts: Kersbrook the only undefeated side in Hills Football in 2023 will prove tough opposition for Meadows

Senior Colts: Birdwood still filthy from 2 weeks ago, should take care of Kangarilla

B Grade: Kersbrooks superstars of yesteryear will enjoy the home ground advantage over neighbouring Gumeracha

A Grade: This should be the pick of the games for the day. Meadows got them in the Semi but tipping Gumeracha to reverse the result.
by Cougar
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |