Search found 549 matches

Return

Re: Round 10 stuff

carey wrote:What the hell has happened to Broadbent?

He's gone to shit since he stopped appearing as Elliot Stabler on Law and Order SVU.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

The amount of blokes I've seen slipping today in each game is a joke. Wear screw ins ffs!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reinstatement

Only 99 times? Said it before I have never come across a bloke on of off a footy field that has been suspended for 12 games @ once or combined during his career and not deserved it. Amateur level you can get away with a heck of a lot.

Personally if it were me and I un intentially hurt a bloke bad enough to warrant a suspension of that magnitude I would then question myself if I was infact safe to play the sport. Now I'm not saying that if that were the case that I would be a threat to the game or be a bad person. I just wouldn't want to put myself or another person in such a difficult situation again....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Kenilworth over Pooraka by 5 goals
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth doing a number on North Haven. Go you Kookaburras!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We do repay the favour when we go out there too. Hardest ground I've played at.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im not humble tho nth haven a grade was a rabble today stop rowe and reed and you have a big chance of winning pressure them hard they don't like it ! very undisciplined performance from an undefeated team !

Lisa was right from day 1, you are a troll haha.

It's a very interesting match up between the 2 sides each year. I'm going back 15 years since I started playing senior footy at a young age that both Kenilworth and Haven have a terrible record when playing away at each other's grounds. Let's even go back 21 seasons and I remember Havens getting smashed in the 95 gf in both grades. We've never won any grade out there even in premiership years.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The last little one..round 13ish

Something I've always thought and remembered after seeing a debate on TV tonight. If you get a 50 metre penalty I think you should be able to play on at any time whilst being dragged up the ground and as soon as you play on them play continues as per normal. If you give away a 50 metre penalty why should you be rewarded with having enough time to get back in defence.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

The end of the day of you have an individual who chooses to give a bloke money out of his own pocket cash in hand there ain't much you can do about it. You just wouldn't document it.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edit my stupidity I meant 9 wins.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You missed out on a bloody good era to watch footy and have a half decent child hood mate ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was a pretty shithouse incident but the result stands. Good to see you FC I'll get that drink back on my next visit to Valley Rd.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On your prior post. On what basis is the SAAFL ailing? From my beginning the standards in the mid to lower divisions are a lot better compared to 15 years ago and I've seen this through both playing and viewing. How many country leagues can say even on a scale are as good as they were 15 years ago? When I played a season in Mildura I was amazed at the fantastic standard in both League and Reserves, everyone I spoke to said it was a lot better 20 years ago. Hear the same stories all the time about Riverland, Murray, Spencer Gulf and especially Western Border and Southern.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You said it was at leastdouble the leagues last week. What stats show droves of players are leaving the SAAFL for the country? you're being very general with your statements and statistics mate with little factual information. Our country towns fork out a fair bit of coin already but now they are going to fork out heaps more and suck div 4 amateur clubs dry of players..... Please! Go to a league meeting and keep away from pubs and footy club bars mate. Fair Dinkum!
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity how many times this year and in the past has the players father umpired a WOS match? Not having a shot at WOS as it's a great club and good blokes, however yesterday's free kick count for the match was 34-9 in a drawn game of footy including 24-2 from the said individual. Doesn't leave much to the imagination....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been a lot of talk recently about mail medalists, best players in the comp ect. Mick Howson is the best player I have seen this year, absolute jet!

Kilburns mids and forward line is exceptional, and their best 10 players are easily the best I've seen this year. I do question their back 6 though.

Still, Kilburn far too good for us today wish them the best.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes our sling shot was good yesterday and I was pleased to see some blokes step up given the forced changes for us this week. It was actually a good game of footy after 1/4 time. A nice cameo by our half forward line especially the 16 year old.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

perhaps we should get the umpiring right first before we start worrying about other things. Reward the bloke first to the footy more and penalise incorrect disposal. If there is issues after that still then we can at least tick off the basics on the list.

FWIW the biggest issue to me is the number of teams in the comp.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is your club losing revenue

previously you could just stay out and run amok until the first train but now that is less inticing with the lock outs.

Nasty, nasty memories.
I remember living in Evanston Gardens, getting the first train home - the walk home from the train station was absolute torture :lol:

I remember after the Kenilworth Ball I did an all nighter once and got the first Noarlunga train home Sunday morning. Bought a coke and a Sunday Mail for the trip so I didn't fall asleep. Woke up hungover as a pig as the train was pulling back in to the city. Slept ******* 2 hours in a suit and was still 2 hours from my front door. I have done some dumb shit when pissed and chewed my arm off when I had to, however I have never hated myself more than that morning....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TBS grand final eve!

I liken this to when Vince McMahon unleashed NWO on the WWF.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Geez Walker was good last night. Unlike some posts on this site in the past, to be a good leader you don't need good speech or an iq of more than 5. You just need to lead by example and stand up when it matters.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

**** up with the thread there, apologies.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

No disrespect intended but if both those sides played at a div 3 standard yesterday then I saw some games in div 4 this year that are a div 2 standard. Good game of footy but let's not get carried away ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy Trip Games

Don't know about games but don't fall asleep on the bus is a law. 1 bloke from us did a few years back and we got his phone. He had photos of himself barred up on his phone for some sick reason so we sent them to his mum and sister......as compensation I don't think he paid for a drink the whole trip.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

I don't doubt it. But if you suspected the issues were occurring for so long then you obviously had issues with your own relationship in the first place for this to occur. It's a bloody tough one but if these people didn't take your feelings in to consideration whilst this was happening and eventually were apologetic after they got caught then why waste your energy to carry so much hate considering they didn't give a **** about you whilst it occurred.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Fair point Spargo. As I mentioned it's his story to tell, but being bitter for such a long period won't make your life any better and it's not fair to continue everyday life living with such bitterness because of the scenarios that played out. But as you said it's his life and who am I to tell him how he should feel. It's just an opinion as you pointed out.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup

Fell asleep on the couch in my Villa in Seminyak last night during the first half and woke at the end. Couldn't believe my eyes, thought I had too much Bintang!

Looking forward to doing the same all week :)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you're staying in div 4 then?
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Two strikes now

I call bullshit. There will be no naming and shaming on 2, there will just be a lot more knee, ankle injuries and personal leave instances in coming years that have blokes out for 4-6 weeks. As if the AFL want this stuff continually getting in to the public domain.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox Footy- History Month

How good is this!!! Just watching a truckload of games from the 90's where footy was at it's best!!
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fox Footy- History Month

Watched 80's games and yeah there are some great games. In the 90's I found fitness and football tallent met right in the middle and it was a perfect mix. I could and still can sit down and watch any game of footy and be glued to the screen. Now not so much unless it's my team or a block-buster game. I actually find watching an Amateur game more enjoyable than 95% of AFL matches I see now.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably one of the best parts of these 90's games is you don't have commentators talking shit they just stick to the game and aren't trying to be bigger than the game.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched 80's games and yeah there are some great games. In the 90's I found fitness and football tallent met right in the middle and it was a perfect mix. I could and still can sit down and watch any game of footy and be glued to the screen. Now not so much unless it's my team or a block-buster game. I actually find watching an Amateur game more enjoyable than 95% of AFL matches I see now.

Also things like the variety provided by muddy knees and suburban grounds added to it.
Yeah watched Geelong v Hawthorn at Kardinia Park in 96. Ground was shithouse but great game to watch.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

True, but you would be very naive to think Edwardstown aren't going to be anything less than a formidable opponent and deserve the favourites tag. This is a club who before going to the SFL were an Amateur League powerhouse and consistent performers in the highest divisions. For what ever internal reasons this didn't translate to the SFL but I'm with Zed, some information I have suggests that they are going to be very strong.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was chatting to some blokes down the local last week about the banter in the crowd from the Kenilworth v Havens game round 11 this year. Some real quality sledges and shit talk from both lots supporters but when the game finished it was best wishes. Great for local footy and the Haven fans were good value and the players were great to talk to in the bar afterwards.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I'm laughing now, not at the time. Go out and have a few too many beers for the first time in years last night, thought it was a good idea to come home and play fight with the dog. Dog won, I'm off to get stitches in my top lip this morning... :?

******* idiot I am at times :lol:
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Africa v England

Saffers have had some of the most talented teams we have seen in the last 20 years. Not once have they been the undisputed kings of world cricket. Every time they look like completely taking over they **** up royally. It's a culture issue and if you're going to be arrogant you need to back it up. The Saffers have never done this.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

We all know it already and it helps now the stadium is World Class, however an Adelaide Oval Twilight sunset is one of World Crickets best sights!
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia vs India ODI squad

I said last year that ODI's only matter 18 months out from a World Cup. Been that way since after the 2003 World Cup....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Africa v England

Saffers, what soft cocks! Complaining that Stokes was sledging at unacceptable levels during this series. Typical South African mentality, if they are challenged or made to not feel mentally superior they are automatically threatened.

The big Dutch farmers are the softest pricks in world sport, but think they are superior even though they have never done anything= the true meaning of arrogance...

No wonder people like Darryl Cullinan turned to shit once challenged.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

gadj1976 wrote:
beef wrote:No, but no one should be awarded it. Otherwise im hitting up sportsbet for the $100 i had on Sam Mitchell

I had 20 on Cotchin! I'll be doing the same.

Should take Jobe Watson to court for loss of earnings :p
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

All this hype over Milera reminds me of all the Talk of Cockatoo this exact time last year and how the Crows overlooked him.

Eagles clearly didn't give a shit about the result. Move on....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ummm no his name is Barney Gumble...

THE SAME BARNEY GUMBLE WHO WAS TAKING NAKED PHOTOS OF MY SISTER?
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst excuse for missing a game

Best effort I've seen to play a game of footy goes to a junior team mate of mine when I went to watch him play in the country years ago. Had the squirts the morning of the game. Played an away game with half a roll of toilet paper wedged between his arse cheeks and the other half in his jocks as back up. Went in for a "tyre change" at each break and on a sunny day for footy he was the only bloke on the ground with a mud patch on his arse...
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - discussion

I love it Q, individual brilliance stands out when the game isn't being played by robots. This rule will change the way clubs recruit and play the game. Best thing the league has done in 20 years!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Like others it should be first goal wins if scores still level after both extra periods and not a behind.

You could imagine the outcry though if one end was favoured by a 5 goal breeze.

I kinda get both arguments on it, but imho I'd keep it as is. As has been said the instances of drawn GF's show how uncommon it is

In the last 10 years has there ever been a game at the MCG where 1 end is truly favoured by wind, let alone one that is worth 5 goal?

It's a paddock surrounded entirely with massive grand stands and there is no space for the wind to get through. It sure does swirl, but I can't remember it truly favouring 1 end recently.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Seriously, how hard would it be to say first team to 6 points.... There fore you cover both sides of that argument.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Perhaps us Crows supporters need to look at the poor Brodie Smith turnover that allowed the Hawks to kick three goals in the last 5 minutes

So much this. 15 pts up with 5 min left. Lock it down for 2 min and its game over.

Umps officiated horribly in the last minute, but the crows skill level and awareness for the state of the game in those last 5 minutes gave the opportunity for a poor decision to decide the outcome of the game.

Poor decisions (Tex on Gibson, Burgoyne in the centre, free to Poppy, no holding the ball against Smith...)

Rubbish. A lot more water went under the bridge during the game than that. If you blame umpiring decisions in the last 5 minutes of any game of footy for a loss then keep learning. Umpires make far less mistakes than players....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

CCOCS

Carey's Class of Classifying Spuds

#1 Jimmy Toumpas

He's an absolute dud.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |