Search found 549 matches

Return

Re: Worst AFL media person..

David King by the length of South Road for me. If he picks your team at half time during his cross based on his current stats then you're ******. He's wrong more times than Charlie Murphy when he told Eddie Murphy that Rick James wouldn't disrespect his house again after copping a beating on True Hollywood Stories.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu May 12, 2016 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Jetters.....

Was actually discussing this tonight regarding thugs in C grade. The leagues stance on idiots through all grades who use footy as a means to assault individuals has been brutal, however it's pissed these clowns off and it's great to see.

If you take action on the consistent petty shit that we all know you shouldn't do on a footy field then you will stamp out the more serious stuff in general before it happens.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

Love Kingy at half time having a shot at Healy calling him biarsed as a swans supporter. No Kingy he was right, Hawthorn were lucky Sydney hadn't blown that game wide open by half time and Sydney aren't an Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide or WCE. They are a classy unit that have been consistently good for a very long time and command more respect than a team that has been ok for a season or 2. They were always going to counter anything Hawthorn threw at them. "But it's Hawthorn and anything is possible". Yes true, but they are playing a team who knows them well and is consistently the 2nd best team over the last 6 years in the comp. probably should show them some respect too.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri May 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

He made a bad choice, a really bad choice. He nailed him from behind and that hasn't been part of the game for 100 years. May's 15 years ago makes a footy biffs and brawls dvd. At least he hit Martin up the middle, even though he went past the footy. Nailing a bloke in the back of the head without making a legitimate attempt to attack the footy at pace is one of the worst things you can do on a footy field.

By the way I'm not saying it was his full intention, but you gotta be accountable if you do it.

5 weeks.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 22, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

To me Betts had to stop doing that. He tunnells blokes, never touches the footy in a lot of marking contests, dangerous. Does it more then you think. At the moment it's a free kick, but it's a concern.

Tunneling are you kidding me. Had eyes for the ball, seen it was going over the top so he turned to go where the ball was going as kennedy was leaping to the contest. Pure accident, anyone who has played forwards know as soon as you know that ball is going over your head you pull up, turn and go

Rubbish! Anyone who has played forward knows that if the ball is going over your head that you just abuse the shit out of the midfield/half forwards and blame it on them 100% of the time....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat May 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

No arguments from me there in those 2 games. In some fairness those games we had depleted teams on the park.
Is that code for "No Moser"? ;)

He definately helps but I'm more so referring to the fact I played B's :lol:

My mind is very ambitious but my body says "Haha you're f****** kidding yourself mate, it's not 2010".
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon he relies on stats too much (if that makes sense??). Footy is a stats game don't get me wrong, but it's almost like he doesn't have a feel for the contest. His predictions are wrong a lot of the time and he has many.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

That f***wit from Hawthorn that did the shotgun celebration when his team is 7 goals down easily has him covered.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

I did some searching 4-5 weeks ago and from memory off the top of my head Collingwood home crowds in home and away "home" fixtures have dropped by around 25%. Beaten only by Carlton who have dropped by 35-40%.

Essendon considering what they have been through can really hold their heads high as they have only dropped away minimally. The Melbourne attendances took a whack last year as we all know. The crowds have increased a little this year.

So Collingwood crowds are down about 25%? Thanks mate.

Sorry Boon they are down 25% since 2010. Home crowds that is. All these stats are since 2010
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

If we knock of WCE in Perth it goes a long way to saying we can finish top 4. If that plays out form to date this season suggests we only lose 2 more games for the rest of the year at worst and 16-6 should get you a top 4 spot. I'm still skeptical that we concede too many points. In saying that we have scored the most points in the comp and easily had the hardest draw. After this week we have played the entire top 8 in the first 12 rounds. Pretty fair effort to date when you consider where we finished last year, the losses over the off season and the unsettled nature of the club over the last 2 years. A lot of cudos probably needs to go to the Snr Management of the club in the way they have held it together. They copped a lot of flak for 2-3 years and rightly so but they have done a lot right since Fagan has arrived.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting point LM. I heard a rumour that a coach gave his team homework to do on an away game and that those players had to report back to him how many times he was on the home clubs honour board. I don't know what punishments were served with the ones that didn't know or got it wrong? ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

I don't care if we kicked the goal. Keep David King off my ******* screen mid quarter! I'm sick of the **** at half time. Keep him on the leash!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work last night in the West. You have all seen my initial thoughts about the effort, to grind WCE to the ground at Subiaco is a credit to this group.

I listened to 6pr in Perth this morning and as they said WCE looked flashy for 2/3 of the match but then Adelaide tightened up and really ruffled up the Eagles both on and off the ball. Every person was bought to ground at contests and the ball carrier was often gang tackled. That simple tactic stopped the Eagles run and slowed the game down so Adelaide could counter attack by getting more numbers to each contest.

Pyke coached extremely well, I thought we were cooked when we went 26 points down.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Womens Teams Announced

I think a potential issue is the feminazi's that will make this new comp too politically correct. I heard a bird on talk back last week saying that men shouldn't have any place in the involvement in coaching and support staff because there will be perverts in the change rooms. I've heard small snipets over the past couple years of other clueless idiots saying similar things at grassroots level too. Just let the girls play for god sake there is things in place already. Hopefully this generates more coin and funding so we can have a proper reserves comp too at AFL level.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please don't bring David King up in conversation. It's too early in the week to get frustrated.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Snap. The pigeon flys quickly from Ingle Farm to St.Marys.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe some interesting times ahead if any of the above threads prove to be true! Time will tell.
Are Hackam and Lonsdale really viable given where they are located? M-Vale are only a stones throw away from Hackam and are a well established strong club. Why the need for another club that shares the same area as them is baffling? Same could be said for Lonsdale with Reynella so close by!

As much as a lot of us up the hill bag Brighton they will be a big loss to our comp. Losing one of our strongest clubs in an already weak competition can't be a good thing. Mail is strong on here that they are going and I heard from a good source this week that is the case! But as I said time will tell. Possible 2016 premiers!!!

Interested in everyone's thoughts on the standard of football in our junior competition compared to other leagues down the hill.

15 years ago SFL was arguably the best under age comp in the state from 14's to 18's bar the SANFL. This was also reflected in rep games from memory. It's fallen away immensely in overall standard and others have taken over. Not hard to connect the dots with 2 divs amalgamated to 1.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Perfervid scrutiny of Round 15

Couple points;

1- I am watching the replay of the Swans v Dogs. I heard the SCG called a pretty ground. Looks like a continual patch up job and looks shithouse in my books.

2- this goal line technology is a joke as we know. If they are going to do it they need to have synchronised timing on numerous angles inc goal line both sides and hot spot technology on one of them. Also is there cameras on the behind area? Hate to see a team lose by a point on the final siren.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

My head is spinning with some of these umpiring decisions
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

Charlie Dixon did all the good things, then looks to argue with the umpire for not getting 50. Get on with it you idiot. Guy is a dead set buffoon and could be a good player if he just stopped being a sook or trying to be a tough guy.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

No doubt. I still have photographic memories of it before they did all the work on it. Then by the end of July and start of August it would all harden up.

We played Morphett Vale one day at Hackham with both teams sitting in the top 4 of the U16's (with some bloody good footballers in both teams) and we won the game kicking 1 goal.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

The scary thing about Div 6 is that the bottom 2 teams to get relegated could actually win 5 games and have 10 points. 12 could see them in the top 5. It's going to be a very interesting last 5 weeks and we have the worst draw.

I remember 2002 (I was only a young bloke). We won 8 games and only didn't get relegated on %. The game that kept us up was beating the eventual Premiers Mitchell Park at Mitchell Park. That day Zedman kicked a goal from the OTR car park on Marion Road. A famous goal!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pokemon @ the footy!

How did everyone go at the local ground today?

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with it but I have never seen so many grown men (and footy chicks) at a ground with their phones out and going for strange walks in my life....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just ring Scooter Morrell.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just on that. Around the South/ South Central there is a different footy culture to the North/ North West. It's not common to see players going from club to club to club around the surrounding Marion area. There are always large volumes of movement at many clubs north of the city (In particular div 4 and down.)
Fair call, but I'm sure there would have to be a couple of young lads that would be eager to play regular A grade footy, and welcome the opportunity especially if they didn't see one in the foreseeable future at their current club.

I also expect there's more player movement to the Hills or, maybe, Southern league from the South/South Central area.

Yes and no. Did some research in to in a few years back but need to try to find the numbers. There is far less movement consistently year in/ year out between Southern Clubs. I did quote "many Northern clubs" so I'm not painting them all with the same brush.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phantom Brownlow

woodublieve12 wrote:Medal Predictor after round 16

I reckon we'd have an outright second place in the all time worst Brownlow Medal winners if Luke Shuey got the award.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LK ,
Great to hear some posters and the connect.

When was the last time you went along and watched your juniors play.

Seen the juniors play all the time. I also play C grade, then 2 hours later am a grade runner. I also help with our Junior girls canteens of Friday nights and have been a Runner when asked for the Junior Girls.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

So why didn't the AFL set round 23 when they released the draw knowing all teams get the bye anyway?
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Spargo wrote:Also, is it really right/fair to say Thompson is the "fifth crow to play 300 games" when they weren't all played at Adelaide?

No.

I agree. Not in the same company as Hart, Edwards, Roo and McLeod yet.

Unreal achievement though.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm 32,I appreciate the next journey!
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

It's laughable to compare this to the GX scenario. That one had at least played out in Court before it was discussed on here so that's open slather. This only occurred yesterday and that's what Lisa clearly said...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness to the club and individuals involved this happened 24 hours ago. Might want to give them a chance first.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is what it is mate. There are some better signs in recent weeks but too late. Strong div and as I have said I have seen 3 sides this year that are as good as I have ever seen in div 4. Be a great finals series.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Div 3 is the right call imo. I know Hope Valley are dirty and I canunderstand to a degree. But as I mentioned previously if you win 3 games of footy for the year.....you probably should go down a grade. Even 4 games see's you going down 90% of the time. I know the argument would be that if PH came in........ far more times than not the premier from the div below will come up and win at least 6 games, PH example is an extreme one. Without getting emotions involved, I think if Valleys win at least 2 of their last 3 they will deserve to stay up, but lose 2 or all 3 then probably should go down.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

i doubt we have seen it yet. Today's max is 15 and its 14.2 now. The cloud system spreading from Hobart towards Bali isn't the trouble maker, the system sitting just South of Esperance I'd suggest is the one we need to watch and that will cool things down big time after lunch. Now if it was Nov-Apr the system we have through now would be the concern because of the wet season up North.

Back to you Rob and Creasey!
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Ask the guys in Perth.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This whole club v corporation thing is a joke. Things swing around in round a bouts for all clubs and club v corporation has **** all to do with it. Geelong didn't win a flag in Donkeys years ffs.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's only an argument used when it best suits people. All clubs go through the shit years and those statements aren't used when it's tough to win games.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh dear... :lol:

We had a meeting at the club last week for the merger. The final piece was that we would compete in the APFL and the 125 club members in attendance voted 110-15 in favour of the merge and league move.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

What a trainwreck that was. Biggest downfall was the intensity from Port, especially in the first half. The inconsistency of pure desire from Port for 2 years now tells you that there are massive issues. Those issues aren't injuries either!

A tough decision needs to be made, it's been obvious for a while now!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion of the penultimate

Terrible decision. Gets what he deserves with the shot.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion of the penultimate

Dwayne Russell just needs to settle the hell down. Ricciuto is a bloody good footy brain and I reckon he reads footy matches as good as any commentator around. He talks simple terms but more often than not he's on the money. I remember when no one gave Port a chance in hell to roll Collingwood at the G on a Friday night Final @ the MCGin 2013 and he backed them in before the siren and every point he made was right on the money.

BTW that was a bloody good game of footy, Port just didn't have the polish to cap off their hard work.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By the time you go to the airport, board, fly to Renmark and drive the 25 kms to Berri from Renmark that would be hardly no different to driving. It's only 2.5 hours from the City now with the NEXY!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Hells Angel?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah just saw that. Be lucky to get half an inch all week by the looks and the temps are in the high teens so it won't soften it up. Should be absolutely cherry ripe.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

Yeah mate I wouldn't know what it's like to finish in the top 4 because I'm a ******* Crows supporter....

Seriously though what a disgrace that they get a longer break than the losing top 4 side.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

WTF AFL? Why should the 6v7 teams get the most days to recover after week 1 of the finals?
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its funny how people are kicking off over driving 20-25 minutes tops to a GF venue.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |