Search found 550 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Travelling that bit of extra distance does deter the brain dead rock apes who go to these games to fill up on piss that they smuggle in and cause issues later in the day. Don't want to sound too harsh but these imbeciles have made a habit of rocking up to venues in recent times and if you schedule finals out North you can bet your bottom $ they will show up again. Now if there are some on here who are generally good folk who won't travel it's then a pretty good chance they won't either....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prices and times of grand finals

FOOTY TALK wrote:SAAFL ARE A JOKE. START MAKING FOOTY THE PRIORITY

Is everyone this angry from the GSFL?
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

All the articles are is a written opinion. It's hardly different than our verbal ones and some of your opinions on this site @ times are far worse than has ever been printed in any media.

Slight difference when your opinion is your proffesion and you are paid handsomely to give your opinion compared to a SAFooty poster who only posts as a hobby.

Just like once you become an AFL footballer you become a role model and there behaviour carries weight

Still the same outcome. If you don't like media opinions then don't watch the news or buy newspapers. I don't see how they need to be held accountable unless it demeans character.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

HaHa

Up the Gons

"Who the f***'s Gons?" I heard that 30 times during the day.

Even the club president from WOS took until 3/4 time to realise what it meant.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness to the Havens supporters they stayed classy. Saw 1 dickhead supporter from WOS on the outer wing with a megaphone who could have started a riot but even the ones that confronted him didn't take it too far out of context.... Good day of footy and 99.9% of people in the warm sun participated in the atmosphere well.
Yes LK he was a massive d!ckhead and could of definitely started a riot. Our footy director went over, had words with him and tired to take his megaphone away from him. He disappeared after that. Had a couple of younger WOS supporters near where all my friends were sitting having a laugh but they were harmless and not nearly as bad as that d!ck.

Don't worry I had a front row seat to that confrontation and the bloke shat the bed.

Was there with a few other fellow posters on this site and I know we discussed last week of poor behaviour and fights but trust me this was one bloke even your grandmother would agree needed a good smack across the head.

I'm glad it was your footy director because the bloke could have died if he did that in a more volatile surrounding....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just kept poking the bear as soon as WOS were clear and was mocking 200 of them in a group non stop from a distance. Then thought it was a great idea to walk 150 metres in their face with a megaphone and sling shit @ them. A grade **** wit
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Liked Paul Couch tonight. Any stories about Blighty take my attention. One of footys most volatile characters but still love his values of the game and his views were @ times so simple, but so eye opening.

As a commentator I remember him one game losing his absolute shit in the box and just shut down the whole team. "No no no Quaters this team is being jumped in the middle of the game. When you're getting jumped each and every player on the ground needs to be directly responsible for their individual opposition player. Stuff all theories if 18 blokes beat their individual opponent you'll change the game again in your favour."

I love the nutty bastard.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Never met Macca but what he's done with your club is admirable. Numbers and scoreboard results don't lie to quote a former coach of mine. I'm with Yank.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

You're sinking those boots in more and more!
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Pretty plain and simple. Is Brenton Sanderson the best Coach available in AFL ranks currently?

If he ain't who the heck is?

Well cough up the coin and get the right bloke if it **** up ill die on my own sword. A club of these resources shouldn't put up with mediocrity and won't any longer. . Do you want to be another Richmond or Carlton?

These are true questions Fagan would have asked the board as a true proffesional. Everyone will be on notice this bloke don't **** around.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always beware the club who won the reserves flag the year before if their A's didn't play in a GF.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

There is stats being released all the time that have either Sydney or Perth as Australia's most expensive City is say they are on par but Perth is getting far more expensive by the day....

Fwiw the stats released last week also showed Melbourne as more expensive than Perth.... I think that alone shows how mis-informed the researchers are....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Still not as bad as Brett Lee's no. 1 Bollywood hit about his crush on his school teacher. Saw the clip and the teacher was a 70 year old bird who had a face like a 5th day pitch.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Perhaps I should have put a wink @ the end to show the sarcasm however I didn't think I needed to as I said he is automatically replacing a delisted spud ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Melbourne Cup

Going to be a bit different going to Cup celebrations tomorrow after going to them in Perth over the last 3 years. Over there the pubs open @ 7am for the first and are full by 8.30am. The cups run and won before the first jumps @ Ascot and by 2pm there are brawls everywhere.

Huge day on the piss.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

If you don't have CLG as flag favorites with the inclusion of Dent as head coach then I'm amazed considering they finished 3rd last year. I would expect them to @ least play in a GF considering he has come from a premiership winning stint @ what I would consider a top 10 powerhouse football club state wide....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Saffers - One day Series

How many of those 17 wins have yielded a trophy or tournament victory? Still lack the balls to stand up when it counts like every South African team that's ever played cricket.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Terrible day for Australia and world sport. Horrible sickening feeling and I don't know if there has been a worse day in Australian sport.
This will change forever the way we play cricket. I also think in memory of such a tragic event this bloke should never be forgotten @ any stage on the ultimate stage. I would personally like to see the the Baggy Green re-named the Phil Hughes in memory of its importance to Australian Cricket.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Its hard to say whether that will change. It will revolutionalize cricket protection world wide guaranteed. Just makes me sick trying to make any sense of the situation. There is no sense it's cruel... Feel sorry for the family and friends but feel mostly sorry for the man in general who went to work and never came home. Hard to hold back tears....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Definately seen the best of our country in recent days. I can't remember an incident that has bought the whole nation as close as this. Will be interested to see how the sales of the Test series and World Cup tickets go in coming days. My tip is they will go through the roof....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

Team that finished 4th is a 10 goal plus lesser side than the 3 sides above them and the side who finished 5th. You post a lot of rubbish on here but this takes the cake I reckon....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Guess who got the call today to leave for Perth on Thursday morning for work and is staying @ Joondalup Resort for 6 nights! If there was a stiffy emoticon id put up 50...... Will only get time for 9 so the Quarry 9 will get a working over. I'll post pics....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Mabil at a world class club has serious potential. His poise then to set up United's 2nd goal was very impressive for such a young bloke.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

If the last 2 teams retalliated to being relegated then surely people can see the grounds for Echunga's response, keeping in mind Echunga hold a far greater argument for staying up. Whether we like to admit it or not all our clubs are measured on A Grade performance. Let's go back say 5 years and if a 10 year old kid had a 50/50 choice on where he and his mates wanted to play between Echunga and Hahndorf. He could play for a middle of the road div 2 side or he could go to Hahndorf who are a powerhouse and the side is full of blokes this kid saw on TV playing SANFL. Where do you think most kids will end up? Now this may change that Echunga have ultimate success but this can't be fixed overnight, the fruits of this are in 4-5 years time. So going on that argument how can you expect a club coming up from Country where the standards consistently are mediocre compared and then grade them as a whole when you throw them in the deep end? Hardly seems fair and even though "its the rules and they knew it" it doesn't make it right....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Southern League top 6 is as good as any league outside div 1 in SA. Drops away but most sides outside the top 8 would hold their own in div 4. 10-15 years ago imho it was the best comp in SA outside div 1 with 2 divisions.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An older bloke I met last night at a house warming.

65 years of age and walks in to our backyard cricket game from no where and snatches the bat of the bloke batting. 3rd ball smashes a huge, flat straight drive 25 metres and hits a 70 year old grand mother in the head. Tells the bowler "you're shit" and then hands the bat to a 12 year old kid and tells us all "**** this shit I'm going to watch the soccer".
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

You obviously haven't seen any Fox Footy links on Facebook ;) . The comments on there tell me from Port supporters that they're shaping one of the all time great dynasties.

I know its just banter and I think Port will do well. Some slip ups or injuries however these idiots will cop it :)
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

It's laughable that modern culture treats teams that get flogged and clubs that are struggling as outcasts. Without these teams the bloke who kicks 20 goals on a Saturday wouldn't have the chance to brag and get his ego filled on a Saturday night. He also would be sitting at home rather than picking up his $300 envelope. I understand the hills culture of club development but not all hills communities are kissed on the dick with clubs close by and ample kids to chose from. Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I will not humiliate or belittle you. For without you I would be a lesser man.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Airport bars that serve Little Creatures Pale Ale on tap. Seriously good beer.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

This is a fantastic adversment for the best ground in world cricket. Still need to look at pitches, making roads all the time will kill cricket.
Should of prepared a green top for the pricks. Why are we giving them pitches like they are at home?

Bit hard to prepare a green top with the temperatures over the last week. Not asking for an extreme change just enough to give bowlers a chance. Adelaide isn't alone its happening everywhere.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loving the Foxtel/9 hybrid commentary too.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Disgrace free to air don't have more games!!!

I'm one of the believers that with free to air TV that beggars can't be choosers. If you get free TV you really cant complain about events/shows that are not being shown.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

carey wrote:
helicopterking wrote:West Coast will make the 8 easily.

Carton of piss says your wrong????

So if they just scrape in then you get the carton of piss still? ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a bit different than playing in the lower divisions of the SAAFL. When you have a tin shed and play against some of the strongest footy clubs in the state and others who fork out around 100k per year for their senior side then it can get a little tough...
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commentators being too kind to the Saffers there. Throw didn't need to be pelted in like that..... That's a huge **** up!
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in Melbourne across the road from the crown in my room and it takes a lot to hold me back from heading there by now. I would like to think the Saffers have been through too much pain to lose this.... They have been ****** over with weather AGAIN. They would have put up 350 plus and that's good night... If it comes to the crunch and the Saffers get up I think "we'll done and bout time" or if NZ get up then we could see the birth of a great era in NZ cricket...
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern League C grade is a solid standard. Seen sides in that comp that would pants any premiership winning reserves teams from lower divisions.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Good to watch. The last time I saw you play you gave me a handball over the top and the next 2 hours was a loss..... God knows how I got up and kept playing. Takes a bit to KO this head.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Thought it would be worth mentioning Kenilworth Football Club legend Michael Gilmour will tomorrow be the first man in the clubs 109 year history to play 300 games of senior football. Mick will be completing this is the C grade which starts early at 10.15 and kicks off a big day of triple headers at St.Marys Park.

Mick's Kenilworth playing achievements just to name a few include being a dual premiership player, team of the century member,SAAFL A2 and A6 medallist, SAAFL representative, League leading goal kicker, numerous time best and fairest and one of the hardest and best footballers I have seen play in any suburban competitions in his prime.

I heard last night that he has played at least 560 senior games of footy and in my opinion has always represented the Kenilworth Footy Club very well and created a good image for our proud club.

Thanks mate.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

woodublieve12 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Glass houses mate. Sydney in the early 90's still the worst side I've seen play in the national competition.

Glass houses?? We weren't gifted regular Friday night games..

Gifted a few handy players however...
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Over-Rated Players Going Around

Bruce is overrated. The majority of the 7 commentary team are rubbish including Dennis. Talk too much shit and just need to call the game. Starting to go down the path of my grandfather and muting the TV and putting on the radio (no 5aa).
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs

Brighton, Morphettville Park and Marion a straight swap for Wingfield Royals. Sounds like a fair deal :)
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Re the broken escalator.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_e ... phenomenon

Found it funny as I have this issue as I'm sure most do...
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

If you wanted to teach the bloke a lesson then let him play the next few weeks.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

If you're inspired by him then log in after midnight and start insulting people ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

Going around starting fights and kicking blokes in the head has nothing to do with the umpires mate, as an adult you know what is right or wrong in a physical sence. Having played against clubs with blatant cheats as umpires (and are notoriously known for it) i have never been involved in a game of footy for my club where we have gone the knuckle just because the umpire didn't have control of the game.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 03, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Dont his kids play at kenilworth?

Taught one of his kids this week and it wasn't far from there.

I bet they ofter him a lot more than the 6 PACK a game Kenilworth offered me a few years back :)

Are you sure Bradles didn't offer you part of his contract?
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed May 13, 2015 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

That's a terrible look for a professional athlete to carry on when you're 8 goal up in the 2nd. I couldn't give a shit how much you cop it from the crowd there is no need in the spirit of the game to carry on like that. Great footballer but that's ordinary.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri May 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Over-Rated Players Going Around

Lockett was great. Carey and Snr are the best I've seen in my opinion.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |