Search found 544 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Parents who actually let their kids be kids.

Saw a parent today in one of our stores who laughed @ their child after they were running around and they tripped and smacked their head on a door frame.

It wasn't serious but the kid wasn't talking to his Mum because she laughed and her reply was a simple "if you were not acting like a fool then it wouldn't happen".

Much better than probably the majority of parents who now have now created enough noise that hugging is not allowed during lunch time and also parents who make schools ban cartwheels during breaks.

No wonder kids now do extreme out of the ordinary behaviour when every time they try to push the boundaries there is something there to block them even contemplating such a thing.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Regarding the toss. Adelaide was meant to be a flatter road than the Southern Expressway and Perth was meant to be a batters dream after day 1 according to all Media sources. Please, this mob are under attack more than any other touring side and suggestions of changing the rules doesn't hide the fact that they are getting hit left, right and centre no matter where they turn and they are piss weak for Test Cricketers. This is real test cricket. Welcome to the toughest tour on the the planet and it's about time we got some balls back.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

All clubs have debatable tactics to become succesful and as the world gets more and more competitive it will get more intense. Can't tell me the best clubs in the SAAFL rely on solely on juniors and the love of the club. Even the college sides would have fringe benefits to high prized recruits as per district clubs in many cases too.

Who gives a rats what clubs spend and even if it back fires you can't really tell if a recruit is a bad egg. Seen many blokes turn their lives around when surrounded with the right people and that cash turns in to the best cash you have spent.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

What a load. You have as much chance losing the toss as winning it. If you're good enough you'll win no matter what.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Field umpires becoming redundant

Or we could just leave it to the umpires call. 3rd umpire is fine imo but sanitizing any game completely is ridiculous. For me run outs is fair game but beyond that then get ****.

Soccer is still very intriguing and is more popular than ever. It's still a sport who hasn't been caught up too much in modern technology when it comes to to on field decisions and SURPRISE it's more popular than ever!!
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I currently live in Perth and whilst the weather here is consistently warmer than Adelaide the extremes are far worse in SA...

Mainly I'm sick of the East Coast news reports claiming a 42 degree day is the end of the friggen world but when Perth, Adelaide and Alice Springs clock up 7 days above 35 its lucky to make the news....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Simpsons Episode Ever.

Homer joins the NRA is a belter.... Every scene is a laugh.

Season 4-6 rarely a bad epp....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

In fairness we are sitting here and comparing Brahma Lodge to Salisbury and Plympton. Brahma Lodge doesn't have the resources of these clubs and if you ask me as an outsider have achieved a heck of a lot more in a short time frame than I'm sure we all imagined.

Cop the medicine but for a drastic measure such as this there must be genuine concern for the clubs existence if playing in a higher grade after some heavy heavy losses...

A horrible position to be in....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness we are sitting here and comparing Brahma Lodge to Salisbury and Plympton. Brahma Lodge doesn't have the resources of these clubs and if you ask me as an outsider have achieved a heck of a lot more in a short time frame than I'm sure we all imagined.

Cop the medicine but for a drastic measure such as this there must be genuine concern for the clubs existence if playing in a higher grade after some heavy heavy losses...

A horrible position to be in....

I agree that for Brahma this is a terrible position to be in, But like almost every other club they have to take the good with the bad,

My first years at Plympton were spent being belted by 20 goals every week and i can tell you that we certainly did not have the resources we have now.

What developed from that was a core group of players that stuck together through the beltings and formed the platform for the club to have success down the track. The culture that the club developed over the years helped us attract players to the club, because no matter what was happening on the field people were enjoying there time at the club. Whilst it might look grim now it may be the best thing to happen to Brahma

As I mentioned above Brahma don't have the resources Plympton had and have. A club of Plymptons status should never had been playing div 5 and for as long as they did. Even when getting smacked you all knew within that you had a golden era of kids coming through and that you just had to hang in there because it will turn. Which it did. I know this because we were also in the same boat but once again as a club we ain't no Plympton and never will be.

Take off the rose coloured glasses these blokes are in serious strife.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I couldn't care what stats say. The best Test side @ home against a hungry opponent you bloody bat first.

Test Cricket is a mans game and a champion team don't cower away and bowl on a light covering of grass....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Do you really want to know who are dumb Ian?

All those people who ran your country when they decided to make Australia a colony and then decided to populate a cold, dull and overcrowded shit hole.

They then also sent the people who would assist in creating a succesful sporting culture in a sport you created but yet some how are behind the 8 ball in history to a country with 1/4 of your population.

Stick to sinking piss mate your group of scholars are being schooled by the very criminals you sent out here again all those years ago.

You're the dumb pricks England...
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

When I was 25 I went through a real scary time for probably 2-3 weeks where I pushed myself to the max and it was the most scariest time of my life. It was not depression however a depressive period and my lovely Partner helped me understand this (through her studies) and I got through it without medication. I would have taken medication if not for the education and that helped me a lot.

I will never have a go @ someone who perhaps thinks they have a mental illness because the one I had short term was very very scary and that was without thoughts of self harm.....

Shithouse to say that on a public forum. One thing to say "Scared eyes" but **** me what an ignorant comment.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

He might need all the cash he can get his hands on if blokes start getting illnesses in years to come relating back to this procedure....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Golf Courses in South Australia

Renmark CC when the Murray is up is a beauty.... My fav in SA.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Clubs should merge if they are in the same postcode? Ridiculous.

Good luck to merging Happy Valley with Flagstaff Hill just to name one....

Probably 2 of South Australias most succesful Junior Programs too....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Foam from Clarke rubber, strapping and a glove he'll be fine. Done the same thing a while back ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn is a proud club and it would be a massive kick in the guts if they were forced to C1. I for one don't blame them for trying, even against the odds.....

It's sad that just because you get flogged (and on this occasion couldn't field 2 sides, however the club would have the best intentions to get 2 sides up after round 1) then people circle. I remember as a kid when Pt. Elliot were a joke. The communities took the piss out of them yes, however it was made in to a joke rather than a humiliation. No wonder Brahma did what they did.

"Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I shall not humiliate you. For without you I am a lesser man" (Or something like that ;) )
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

There is no doubt a small minority of umpires are cheats but to say they get the club in trouble is a load of BS. We are grown adults and it's a game of footy.

Players in lower divs make 100x more bad decisions on a footy field than the umpires and you don't see many getting abused as umpires do.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's small but @ least it's cute.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Hopefully he doesn't shake up a WKD premix next to me @ the Elephant @ 1 in the morn this time and spray it all over the bar like a Peter North Money Shot.......
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

BEST . ENTRANCE. EVER.

Plain and simply pumped up the music, sprinted to the ring, dived in and shook the shit out of the ropes...

Kids today do that and are put in Special Ed classes...
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

heard this morning that Graham Cornes is popping down to take a training session...

I wouldn't listen to a word he said.

Why listen to a bloke who coached numerous winning representative sides against opponents who have far bigger resources and population?

A bloke who coached South Australias finest State Of Origin sides....

Why listen......?
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A League Finals

whufc wrote:Clear penalty denies Melbourne Victory a chance to take the game into extra time!

Geez what bad luck. Sorry to hear mate.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Chris Judd....
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Anyone want to join me for some chess from 2:30 Saturday afternoon? :D

I was school chess champion back in the day 8) back to back titles

Home schooled? ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri May 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure it's 14 players minimum.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat May 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any club would be gutted @ this let alone one of modern Amateurs proudest clubs.

I must admit of all the clubs I heard of in strife in the pre-season Kilburn was the last club I thought would have the biggest issues.

Yes it's unfortunate that one club lost some revenue but trade places with Kilburn and I know what I'd take.....

Finally they didn't dig their hole, no club deserves this and as a club they didn't bring the leagues image down nor theirs with the way they chose to run the club prior to these issues. As for the floggings just because they continuously lost by 50+ goals doesn't mean they don't deserve their spot in the comp. the problem now is so many clubs think they are Collingwood @ this level and it's a first world problem if your reserves don't get a game 1 week @ the expense if a club who lets be honest would be dying on the inside with their situation can't get a team up to satisfy some egos so they can flog them and kick as many goals possible and brag to their mates @ the club after 8 beers Saturday night.

Their record says they deserve their spot in div 3 and it's unfortunate they are in this position.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

David King by a mile
He over analyses everything, absolute wanker

IQ of a house brick. Trying go explain team tactics isn't rocket science and a good commentator could say in 20 seconds between goals what's happening and he gets paid shit loads. Footy commentary is becomming too complicated piss off all the surgeons who complicate what Peter McKenna was doing when sitting down in the great southern stand 15 years agowith a quick cross over....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri May 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shits me.

I don't buy the insecure Power supporters "plastic club" with no history garbage. Collingwood didn't win a flag for decades and they ain't no plastic club same with Geelong. West Coast many consider to be one of the Powerhouse clubs in the last 30 years is no different to Adelaide.

Need to piss the board off and replace them with people who relate to the public and make some tough calls.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed May 28, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the Port Adelaide that I hated but respected.

I don't want Adelaide to be run like the mob down the road, they are having a good run and it's good for SA footy that they are back up and about.

Let's not forget that the Crows 2 years ago were kissed on the dick all year with injuries, close matches, great draw, other clubs mis-fortunes and we hit a brick wall in the first final who went on to win the flag.

Let's see how the Power respond when challenged, they are being kissed on the dick currently like we were 2 years ago and all the little things are going their way. I am not saying they aren't the best side in the comp currently (In my genuine opinion they are) but **** me let's put things in to perspective. The season isn't half way yet.

It's a fairy tale currently, Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood have all faced adversity and still are feared each week and they are the way I want to see the Crows become not the mob down the road of whom are filled with the biggest bunch of band wagon supporters since Chelsea became good in the 2000's.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** the kick from the gf scenario. We need to be better than that.

That effort against Hawthorn left me proud of the club but we have gone backwards since. The Collingwood match was the most spirited I've seen the boys since that day and it felt awesome. **** the Carlton result a week later. Need to ask questions now. Not good enough. Out top end is good and with the right mix we can do some damage. The next tier don't work hard enough!
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed May 28, 2014 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If that C Grade Super league came in to fruition then Adelaide Uni would win 9/10 flags.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Darren Jarman is as good a big game player I have seen. Had a shocker in 91 but in 97/98 finals was an absolute machine and single handedly handed Victoria's arse to them on a silver platter in 93 in the SOO final in the wet on the G.

My company's Managing Director who is based in Melbourne says his skills by foot are the best he's ever seen (Mad Collingwood supporter) and said his effort in the 97 gf in the last was the biggest influence on a match by an individual in the games history in terms of the overall result in such a short amount of time.

**** we were lucky with our top 12 around that time. Probably did good to get 2 flags because if we had good depth we should have won more. The top end was out and out class.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Don't know if this should go on the "What gives you the shits" thread.

David King is a moron. Said tonight if Carlton won it would be "One of the great all time wins".....

For **** sake i don't need to explain my opinion.

Peter McKenna would be spewing with his words in the 90's. Made more sense that that idiot in 1/8th of the time....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Played in the 2004 Div 6 GF.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season

North can definitely make top 4 still.

Still not consistent enough to challenge this years flag in my opinion. Their worst is terrible but sides like Sydney, Freo, Hawthorn and Port still remain in the contest when not playing well.

Only once since 97 has a team come from outside the top 6 the year before and won the thing. That team went on to become one of modern footballs greatest sides.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

Not really mate that was a **** up and a half and it was handled well imo
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

I'm still shocked Crows supporters are talking about making the 8 and the fact some people think so highly of them given their inconsistencies!

Crows will be inside the eight if they beat collingwood in the next round. Still right in the hunt given the form of the pies and golf coast.

We have collingwood away, west coast home, Brisbane away, Richmond home over the next 4 weeks. I think we will win all four, if we don't we don't deserve to play finals.

No way will port miss.
I would just rather if Crows supporters focussed on stringing a couple of wins together first instead of looking down the track into the distance and talking finals.

As for thinking so highly, comments like this i'm referring to straight after a loss:
I reckon since the Melbourne game we have stood up and become a feared opponent again.

We ain't far away from being a top contender again

Let me explain these posts as it seems to be bought in completely out of context.

The Crows are showing signs recently mainly since Walker has come back in that they structure up far better in the forward half and are able to kick bigger scores as a result.

Now we are inconsistent which if you genuinely ask me is because we are 1 senior coach down upstairs and Sando whilst isn't the best tactician in the land in my opinion is pretty good @ getting those right people around him. He has been without a senior right hand man in the box for the best part of 2 years and its a bloody difficult position to be in as a coach when the horrible circumstances this year evolved. You really can't morally go out and pick up let's say Mark Harvey in January to replace the bloke who unfortunately passed away and is critical to your in-field performance.

Now next year when you get a senior person in that rank like a Brett Ratten, Mark Harvey, Rodney Eade ect I would expect this group to be far better than the inconsistent shit they have dished up the last 18 months.

Will they go on this year? No. Will they make the finals? I hope so. Will they win a final? Probably not but if they do I expect far more next year providing they keep the core group which looks shakey atm.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Lot of big names retiring this year (though I guess that happens every year)

Glass and truck probably the second and third best full backs this century behind Scarlett.

Browny probably the most courageous player to play the game. That mark running back with the flight was just amazing.

Would be awesome in the media. Calls a spade a ******* shovel.

Also knows his stuff. Was watching "the grill" on the afl website and they had a trivia segment and he got almost all of them right.

Mal Michael was better than truck imo.
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big fan of Mark McLure. Doesn't take the piss out of things and says it like it is.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

In fairness mate umpiring is like footy clubs. How is your team now compared to the teams you had in div 3 and pushing some of SA amateur footy's best and proudest clubs? We all get it in lower divs and it's not right, however the best solution is to climb the grades. Para Hills shouldn't be bottom half of div 5 IMHO and should be higher.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and all its trimmings

Cameron hits the pack 100mph and is clean and you can't teach that. He has plenty of potential.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles I can understand your point but you also need to take the past in to context.

You blokes in recent history have won flags in div 7 and div 7 reserves when you were in div 2. You have won more flags in that time as 3rd and 4th tier sides than both of this years premiership contenders combined as their first and second sides have. You can't pick and choose the comp is too tough when you feel like it.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

If you can't cough up $5 to a couple times a year to support other clubs fundraising some cash then you're a clown.

You don't get much change from a $5 note when buying a bottle of coke from a servo.

Telling clubs to budget in finals? Maybe budget in $10 a year to enter finals venues.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might have to get out to CLG this weekend Zed and bring some local celebrities around the surrounding suburbs with me. Gotta get you boys over the line so I can keep my prediction alive.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you my missus because she always rubs it in my face when I'm wrong.... Which is quite often ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)

Yet you mention on the C4 forum you don't care at all?

you are still and always will be a proper f*ckhead.

****** up with my moving insurance over the weekend so ill be up for a bit of coin. Thought nothing would cheer me up today but this bought a little laughter to my day. Cheers #3
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |