Return

Re: Wristwatcher's Leg

UP THE SHREK!!!
by Iron Fist
Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

How does it not concern Adelaide? You lot have continually slandered the Club and insinuated that they received preferential treatment from a SACA Staff member. Far as I can see it does concern ACC........ Our club accreditation is far from perfect but it does score very well after sailing pretty close to the wind for a couple of years things are on the improve and with a bit of luck perhaps the successes of the early 2000's will return unlike your flash in the pan success 1 time in the last 50 seasons.

Mean while you wonder why your club is getting singled out? How about stop poaching other club's juniors to prop up your First Grade Team and heck while you are at it get a full compliment of junior sides as it stands presently as all the other clubs currently fulfill......

The Clubs will continue to fight as we have nothing to lose, and Heater - I have spoken to several from Adelaide CC who agree they thought they would be one of the Clubs under the pump and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was them, so for people on here to suggest we "get over it and just accept it" is total garbage!

The only negative for Adelaide was the size of the bank account, everything else was in an ok position, One of the best Junior retention/progression into First Grade, Healthy junior numbers and respectable on field results without bringing home the bacon in each grade. One of the better rated facilities in the competition. No doubt if the Administration in place during the 2013/14 season were to remain there would be no merger discussions at all.....just a liquidation sale :oops:

Were these board members? If they were not I hope they were prepared to step up as I know a couple of board members were going to seriously consider their positions on the board if they found themselves facing this sort of fight.

From a West Torrens perspective they should be disappointed as they actually have a future with a strong junior section.....Port Adelaide on the other hand not so much. Very little junior future and their current recruiting strategy consists of messaging any First or Second Year First Grade player from other clubs! They were a basket case 15-20 years ago and threatened to be kicked out. I bet SACA now wish they followed through with this......
Great, Oyster now dishing out the threats :roll:

Pull your head in sunshine before you embarrass you and your club any further.

Your saying it has nothing to do with Glenelg or Adelaide? Well there are members of Port Adelaide and West Torrens spreading miss-information about both clubs. Glenelg Cricket club $3 million in the hole? :roll: That is the Football Club and has nothing to do with the Cricket Club. Your continual slander about how these clubs avoided any scrutinising has forced them to inform their members of their position. All clubs went through the same process it didn't matter if it was Adelaide, Glenelg or bloody Kensington.

People seem to ignore the fact that for the outer western suburbs the demographics are changing and its for the worse for those clubs. West Torrens might be able to survive on their own but what about Port Adelaide? They have about half a dozen schools to draw kids from and even then not all of those have cricket teams. Its not about how many Premierships you have won but where your future lies.

Heater you mention about not slandering your club but seems that you enjoy bagging or have some form of vendetta against Port Adelaide. PACC are not the team from years ago that were given a criteria that they had to meet. I think that is shown in the results over the past few years. What weeksy is trying to achieve there, is a further step in the right direction.
What the SACA is trying to do is a disgrace and until this report is finally revealed for all clubs to see, no club in the league deserves the disrespect that is being dished up to PA and WT.
by Iron Fist
Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

Think it needs to be taken over a few years to get a good gauge. Also need to take into account what the report was for.
Example is us (portland) this season. 2 of the reports came in round 1 for sling tackles. The rules had only been changed over the summer so perhaps a warning or 50m penalty should have handed out. Similar tackles later in the season from our players and opposition didnt even draw a free kick. It was evident the new rule was fresh in the umpires mind round 1. After all the players were made aware of this new rule at training the next week i dont believe we had another report for a sling tackle.
Another example is player called umpire a cheat. He wasnt in his face, didnt threaten umpire and it was after a very questionable decision. Not condoning the player but he recieved a red card and 3 game suspension. The umpire needed to take control of the situation but a yellow card would have been a fair penalty IMO.
by Iron Fist
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

why have I heard from players that have signed, that they are getting cash at West Croydon?
understand chilli, sumner and the like wanting redemption. And I wish them good luck and hope they get it.
Michael is a good coach, but he has managed to sign 10+ players this year already. When he left Glenunga, he didnt bring a single player with him to portland. He has developed this pulling power well in the last 3 months.....
by Iron Fist
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Congrats to Matthew Weeks on playing in his 200th game on the weekend and scoring a ton in it!
A gun cricketer and equally as good bloke!
by Iron Fist
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ca$h Haven v Poorland Forum

The Glory Days
by Iron Fist
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Shoey was a ripping bloke. Condolences go to John and Scott and the club. Im sure the SMOSH lads will get around them and hopefully can have some success for Shoey in 2019.
by Iron Fist
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Trial games

2019 rule
Filming any part of the playing field and/or play during a match of The League is permitted subject to
(a) a Member Club and/or “Associated Persons” shall not aid, engage, employ or reward any person or persons to video, live stream or transmit via radio, television, film or internet or any other format of reproducing footage of a match or part of a match of The League for commercial gain without such Member Club and/or “Associated Persons” receiving express approval from The League

So this rule is only in place to stop Hosie basiclly?
by Iron Fist
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carins

leave the family behind and get to Giligans. Unreal every night.
Enjoy a cryptonite drink from there.
by Iron Fist
Tue May 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flat 28min Quarters - A Grade

on average the A grade quarters would go for around 27-30mins most games so couldn't really see a problem with it.
I reckon just leave the B and C grade alone.
by Iron Fist
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

played Bali National last week while in Bali. Beautiful course and I think it was worth the money.
I shot a 90 off the stick which also helped make it enjoyable

Was only looking at that over the weekend for our trip next year, what did it cost?

I reckon its $230aud to play plus $60 for club hire and you need to tip your caddy minimum $20.
If your a member at a course with a Oncourse shop or know one,speak to them as I got an introduced price, Cost me $170 and that included clubs and range balls. The pro at my club hooked me up with that.
Other option is there is a aussie golf club over there that you can play with. think they are called Raflles, they play different courses each week. from memory you can usually get a round for approx $100 plus club hire if you play with them. And you play in a comp for some cash aswell
by Iron Fist
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |