Search found 77 matches

Return

Re: Golf in general

The shark would have been proud of him ...
by dedja
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

swingman wrote:has anyone from portland confirmed that cox has signed with the club, i heard this is all a load of crap.

Spoke to a well connected Portland person who said " Bevan Spencer Von Eimen has more chance of playing for Portland than Marc Cox" and that is the fact Jack!!!!
by FOURTH ESTATE
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Tom Lipson and Aaron Burridge as his assistants

http://www.vaiden.net/abbott_files/image003.jpg

or

http://highdefdiscnews.com/reviews/dumb_and_dumber/image1.jpg

or

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P8lihCU6cBQ/UffupNsNtzI/AAAAAAAAADQ/QIiDTNHi5kA/s1600/beingpoofy.gif
by Footy Chick
Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

played the front 9 of the vines for a 46

3 holes - 1 putt
6 hole - 2 putts
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

At the very least, he would have no trouble adjusting to the Salisbury North supplement regime, by all reports.
by Q.
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Was really impressed with Portland's travelling support on Saturday, more specifically the fact that I saw a majority of their B grade hang around and support the A's. Its never easy to hang around after being on the end of a 20 + goal loss. A few years back our reserves went through a similar patch of being on the end of some hidings so I certainly know how it feels. shows the dedication those lads have to their club.
by Sass!
Mon May 16, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

People seem to ignore the fact that for the outer western suburbs the demographics are changing and its for the worse for those clubs. West Torrens might be able to survive on their own but what about Port Adelaide? They have about half a dozen schools to draw kids from and even then not all of those have cricket teams. Its not about how many Premierships you have won but where your future lies.

if you actually look at the projections there will be an extra 30,000 people moving into the Port and the Lefevre Peninsula over the next 10+ years. where do these people go to play cricket....
by mickey
Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

It's amazing the change in the Kooks side with Blake Moser back.
From what i seen FC he probably shouldn't be playing. Although he kicked 4 goals he could only mark one handed, I would hate for him to do more damage to his hand and have a long term injury. He is too important for the Kookas in the future to risk losing him for a longer stretch

If he kicks 4 with one hand, I hate to think what he would've done with two :lol:

But otherwise I share your sentiments...
Why doesn't he just go to the secondhand store?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I don't think those sites allow two subscriptions from the same email mate
by scottroo
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

I don't see what the fuss is all about. South Australian teams have been playing against convicts from across the border for decades...
by RB
Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Look who's back!

Cat had discussions with North Haven but it never progressed beyond that.

North Haven are after a much bigger target at Portland anyway

the Big Cat is about a buck 15 and 6,3 thats as big as they get on the peninsula (excluding Matt Murnane)
by piccachu
Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard last night at the Strikers game that Havens have signed David Bird from Portland

Looks like my mail might be spot on. Bird was seen with Mark Tylor on Semaphore Rd today, both smiling sealing the deal to see him at North Haven this year. Another of the 2013 Div 2 Portland premiership stars to end up on Victoria Rd!!!!

Well from obviously being at the dome for as long as i was. This is a huge deal for Portland. Losing someone like Birdy is big. Great get for Havens. Dave will most certainly have a good day of it in Div 4. There are not many blokes around that can play on or around D bird. Very, very handy pick up for the Haven lads. Adding to the names and caliber of players they already have. Havens will definitely be right up there and push for an elevation next year. I know he was being targeted by a lot of clubs but i guess the fact that he can now just play footy and enjoy it down there was one of the main draw cards. Good luck to him too, ripping bloke who i have a lot of time for.

If Dave was a bird he'd be a bloody goose. He might have some success skirting the packs and getting easy touches against the lower teams, but will he be brave enough to venture to the fortress at Kilburn and get some hard balls with the big bad Shrek lurking?
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are they printing the premiership t-shirts down at North Haven already? Have heard this build-up year after year only to always fall short.
by Cash 123
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North haven get unlimited points
by bubba love
Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The word on the street is that a few x Smithfield boys are home sick already..

Think an ex-Smithfield boy might have been told by his club to keep his mouth shut, after being heard sprouting off around town about being paid a Sign On.
Nice one office jet gotta love a man behind a computer , must get boring sitting over there with all your keyboards!

As this is an internet forum just talk me through how else you would post something on here?

Or is the issue not with keyboards and computers or more that he is in front of one? Would you rather he type from above a computer? Or under it?

I would like some clarity on the issue please.
by Boosh
Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Burra boys were you there in 2006 when the Roos gave the girls a place to play ......if you were you have forgotten your history.... i was because i was one off the football members who helped the girls out .... also the coach Brian Higgins who coached them for 4/5/ years ...... there Best & Fairest is named after a ROOS club legend Billy Chester ...... these ladies have created a great club with the help off many loyal Morphettville Park people ..... All clubs within the Roos have there own committees ...football/netball/ cricket ...... and all work together ....
Should'nt there be another page for this topic?

Yea we need to get back to talking about North Havens flag favouritism
by Wilbur
Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:He'll be fine by round 1

Isn't Pederson retiring so he can spend more time with his new love interest?
by bloke
Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

I see on Facebook that Chris Lipson has ordered the premiership shirts this weekend. I saw a preview of the design they look nice. Up the Havens.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Big Shrek does not talk shit you infidel
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:Sorry yank man, I know your a expert on North haven and you had usall figured out! If onlyu knew as much about your own club! Flog

One funny post does not make up for a year of being boring. Fire up properly cock!
by The Big Shrek
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any one seen the SA footballer mag team of the year? No idea who the two blokes from sals are in the back line, young full back from morphies is very stiff not to get a Guernsey, is the next best FB behind Curtis
I don't read that piece of shit anymore. I just turn up to the end of year party for free piss. As the full back of the century it is my god given right.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

AG Criminal Law would have got him 6 with 2.5 on the bottom
by The Big Shrek
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hugh Schroeder is on $500 at rosewater. Fact
by Danky$$
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2017 despondent players leave the division. 2018 they return for redemption and some justice.
2016 must've been a bitter pill to swallow for Beaty, Beaty-Verhaff, Brook, Bull, Cousens, Davis, Eggleton, Foley, Harris, Karvelis, Mallon, Paterson, Pinkie, Rowen, Scicluna, Stokes, Wanganeen, Webster... i'm so glad they're returning in 2018 for their redemption and justice.

#BleedBrownAndGold #HawksForLife

Believe me you don't have to pay players when they want what they deserved and in any other year had rightly earnt. You expect everyone on here to believe, that a couple of coaching appointments for West Croydon and suddenly the stars have aligned and players are all heading to Fawk Reserve for free. The group from Fitzroy who shopped around end of 2016 before landing at Roys, then shopped around end of 2017 - actually before the season had finished - and one of them had a verbal agreement with Pulteney which included a decent incentive, you're telling me they've suddenly gone "Hey shit, who cares about the $150-$200 a game we have been asking for the last 3yrs, lets go play for free at West Croydon!"

Sorry if I remain sceptical.

Ben Stokes - cant se him being free either.

West Croydon absolutely deserve to be in D5 after the past few years, doubt you'll find anyone who would disagree - just don't come on here trying to blow rainbows up our arse.. especially your loyal ex-Fitzroy recruits, i'd be surprised if they even know what the inside of WCFC even looks like yet.

Good luck next year, hope you get the result the club deserves, and who cares how much it costs you - just don't act like it's some divine intervention that's guiding half the state to Fawk Reserve.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we get on with talking about footy? Unless you want a WC thread where you can hang whatever you want on each other?
My brother in law played for WC and 100% he got paid. Regardless, WC can do or say what they want. Play on and basically who cares.

Ha, you want them to stop but you add your two bobs in? :D

It's a slow news week, let them throw some shit at each other, it's fun.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going along with what i said as well, it would also be good for members to know how much there club is paying out each year to make sure they are not spending too much before it is too late.
100% agree
Don't members elect a committee and entrust them to make these decisions? And then if all payments are recorded, they should be able to seen at the club's AGM?
by Pag
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch why have Fitzroy denied Karvelis's clearance to West Croydon? Surely he's not in the Roys A grade plans for 2018?!

Are the Roys being petty?
I don’t know?
Although he’s in WC Agrade plans so quite possibly Fitzroy are entitled to think that.
Really? Can he play A grade footy these days? He's not young and he's not small.

What do you have against fat old guys we're people too
by carey
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Up the Shrek up the Shrek
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek has just come home from a few vinos. He would like to note that Mr Fist, the mayor of Le fevre peninsula is a fine individual.

Shrek cares not for peasants like Fevola.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek is truly a man of the people.
by Failed Creation
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMG Scott Galbraith and Dale Agius got caught bumming each other at an Auskick seminar at Iron Knob
by The Big Shrek
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Huge win by the Dragons on the weekend. They look to have improved a great deal from last year going on that result.

I see approx. 18 clearances in and not many out for them, which is a lot for a club with only two sides.

Did they get a new coach in, or just been aggressively recruiting?

Thoughts on Portland we play them this week?

Looking forward to tagging the great Iron Fist

Geez, when was the last time you lot played each other? This will be brutal :lol:

Do we need to find the old Poorland V Cash Haven thread and bring it back.
They were the days!
by amber_fluid
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That might bring Felch out of retirement
by LMA
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ca$h Haven v Poorland Forum

Haha!! Yeeees!!! Solid work LM!

Bring back the forums of old! :D
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Regardless of fault, comments like the last sentence may come back to bite Adam on the arse. You think that wouldn't get used as fodder for the next meeting, or god forbid, a final? :shock:

No one will see it.

you mean no one of importance

Its on here so every important person has seen it
by Jimmy_041
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Life isn’t always a box of chocolates. Would have liked a win but a bender will suffice. Thanks to PAG though for organising the guard of honour was embarrassing getting chaired off after that but part of what is good about playing a lot of football is getting to know the opposition and I can say I’m very honoured to play against that bloke and he is a credit to his club. I’ll even repeat it sober big Shred big Shrek
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone loves Shrek RunNCarry. You seem like a very smart guy.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard the league wasnt going to approve any transfers within the league as some clubs in Div 4 had complained it isnt fair.
They will only approve tranfers to outside leagues.
Salisbury North West Croydon Wiles, Ben Approved 2018-06-22 2018-06-23

Keep up son.

Not on the computer as often as I used to so didnt get a chance to look at it.
If thats the case good luck to Ben and WC.
Ben will definately improve their team, if his head is switched on he is a very good footballer.
Feel a little for the lad who probably played the first 11 games and now misses out on the chance to possibly win a A grade flag.

he will be fine as you get to play 22 in Finals :D
by Executive Member
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Gepps are way overdue, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, don't really care who they play

The only type of vehicle in this division is the Chictrain toot toot
by The Big Shrek
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have it on good authority Dave Bird has been training for 3 weeks already and intends to play the entire season. Along with the acquisition of Knapp this gives havens the two physically largest box heads in Adelaide. Surely they are favourites to go up to Div 1?
by The Big Shrek
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Who's The most high profile "Lindsay" to sign at Portland in the past 15 years?

Lindsay Thomas or Lindsay 'Footy Mad' Bassani
by bloke
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Now they have moved the no scoring module up to and including U11's for the upcoming season so presume they are going with what was said a couple of seasons ago that they would eventually take it up to and include U13's

Personally i think it is crap, few people on the wireless this morning not happy about it either
Any kid at any age will always ask and want to know if they won or lost... Winning and losing and how you handle them are great life lessons to learn. Taking that away doesn't benefit them, i believe its vital learning tool which is getting taken away from them...
when you lose you learn...
This. Society as a whole cuddles our kids so much that any sign of possibly hurting their feelings ('losing' in this case), and we change the rules to suit. Kids are resilient creatures when they are given opportunities to fail. Unfortunately society keeps taking these opportunities away by the 'everyone wins' approach, eventually making adults who can't deal with any small sign of adversity or difficulty in their lives.

This isn't just in footy or sport by the way, all aspects of society.
by Pag
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Fist

Happy birthday to the mayor of Portland iron fist. Sorry I didn’t get you a present.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SWFC

Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:What's the over/under on yes votes?

10.5?

Surely no clubs are going to take the risk of hanging themselves out to dry?

I'll take what you're offering on the unders.

Best bet I've placed for weeks.
by Booney
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2019

Kilburn Football Club take pleasure in announcing Andrew Graham as A grade coach for 2019. Andrew has a storied playing career at Kilburn including 3 premierships and has significant division 1 level experience. He is also an extremely successful businessman.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

SMOSH West Lakes and Semaphore Park football clubs lost one of their greatest club men yesterday with the sad passing of former player and trainer Mark “Shoey” Fitzgerald. Took all the young lads under his wing and supported them right through their playing days across several decades, loved his Red Tins and PAFC, and could chat footy til the Cows came home. The world is poorer for losing such a fantastic bloke, Vale Shoe :(
by JK
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was interesting going thru Port's team today, trying to work out how many of their juniors they had playing in the 1st Grade, could only come up with one - Aussie Umpherston?

Woodville - Benton, Sayers, Carter, McDonald
Glenelg - Kerr
Northerns - Giniotis
Uni - Cooper
Adelaide - Garlick
Unsure- Dilley and Jordy Thomas

Wonder why other Clubs get pi55ed off with them. Instead of trying to buy an A Grade flag, why not put that money towards their junior development programmes. We do this as we don't pay any players, then we find out they are targeting our gun recruit for next year and offered him big coin already. Weeksy is a sly dog, gotta watch him like a hawk as he targets so many players from other Clubs every year!
Jordy is a Port junior. So was Sayers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by mickey
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was interesting going thru Port's team today, trying to work out how many of their juniors they had playing in the 1st Grade, could only come up with one - Aussie Umpherston?

Woodville - Benton, Sayers, Carter, McDonald
Glenelg - Kerr
Northerns - Giniotis
Uni - Cooper
Adelaide - Garlick
Unsure- Dilley and Jordy Thomas

Wonder why other Clubs get pi55ed off with them. Instead of trying to buy an A Grade flag, why not put that money towards their junior development programmes. We do this as we don't pay any players, then we find out they are targeting our gun recruit for next year and offered him big coin already. Weeksy is a sly dog, gotta watch him like a hawk as he targets so many players from other Clubs every year!
Jordy is a Port junior.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |