Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!
by field of dreams
Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kowree Naracoorte Football League

Good money at Padthaway for the two boys from Encounter Bay, $3.5K per game each. No wonder our footy is stuffed! :shock:
Mate there not even on that between em. 3.5k per game each haha come on caramels!!

So which one of them are you calling a "liar"? You are no doubt within the inner sanctum down there if you can emphatically deny that figure. If I told you where that info came from you may get a shock, but I won't! :butthead:

The club was already pretty much at its limit b4 welsh and perrie so u expect them to find another 100k plus just lying round champ? Someones pullin ya leg mate. Oh and yes im am very close to that club alot bloody closer then yaself. Keep dribbling its entertaining :)

Very community spirited of them to leave Encounter Bay where they played in a flag last year to more than triple their drive and play for the love of the game. :roll: :lol: Dunno about 3.5K per game each, but it'd have to be a tidy sum.
by field of dreams
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Roos gave the Dees a fair working over on the side of the hill today I hear. About 12 goals.
by field of dreams
Sat May 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMFAO 50m. Posted at the end of a long mad monday? I was more surprised that they managed to beat Goolwa in round 16! So they threw the game to get extra points for next year? Given the points system is based on the average wins in the MINOR rounds of the last 3 years - yep very smart thinking.

Ya Numpty!
by field of dreams
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions but why not:

Encounter bay
strathalbyn
mcclaren-have recruited quality
goolwa pt elliot
yankalilla-waste of $$$ if they dont!

willunga
langhorne creek
victor
Myponga sellicks
mt compass

My instant reaction to that was Pongy 9th?? Willunga 6th??.... Then I tried to have a go too - Nah I think your best prediction is that it "Might be too early for end of minor round ladder predictions" lol
I think you have no idea mate.... Stick to talking your home club up you absolute nuffy

Hi Lex- nice to have a new contributor on here. Quality first post by the way- always a wise move to make a good first impression with some name calling. Finally gathered up the courage to post at 3am I see - jacks or beam helps hey! No luck chasing men in spandex suits last night?

Sorry, sometimes I do get carried away and post about things I obviously know nothing about. In future I'll stick to saying 'victor rules' and leave the rest to your superior intellect. I guess I should just be thankful we get free internet here at Bedford so I get to see how trolls operate.

Anyway, I see you think this years top 3 will be last years 7th, 9th and 10th!! Big call but I hope you are correct.

Go Victor!!
by field of dreams
Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good question shoe boy. I've only seen victor play strath, mclaren and creek. ie didn't see Bays or GPE.
Victor have already won as many games as they did last year, and from the games I've seen the improvements are incremental rather than chalkncheese. That shows how even our comp is but maybe adds weight to saying the standard has decreased.
I might think differently after VH v MC this week but at this stage I'd say yes, the icing has gone off the top tier but then the bottom clubs are better making for better, more even contests across the board (although apart from Yank, it was really competitive in 2014 too).
2c each way maybe but thats my thoughts from a small sample size - others might think differently.
by field of dreams
Fri May 15, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any feedback on the weekends games fellas...

Dog's ,Why the big turn around? who are the big ins? or has the squad lifted?[/quo

Everyone in the league are asking the same question, looked at the clearances only 2 new players have played A grade. :?

You need "book ends" for the structure of any good side. Compass have bought in that.. I mean brought in that ;). The return of Ziggy up forward & Tiller down back has given them that. Corbett back in the middle this year, Hunter & Pinyon over the last couple - handy $ide.

Yes it is interesting that dogs keeps throwing the dollar signs at other clubs..... Glass houses.....stones [emoji6]
We all happily admit we pay good money to good players!
by field of dreams
Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

words of wisdom wrote:MCLAREN stacking the B grade again? :lol:

Come on WoW...Maybe Loots's form warranted dropping after playing every game this year.
by field of dreams
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership droughts that could be broken?

Dutchy wrote:30 years droughts broken in both SFL and GSFL

Compass was 36 years
by field of dreams
Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a rumor but VHFC has a new coach - Clint Alleway.
by field of dreams
Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well footy is back...Round 1!!!!

Anyone got any idea who's going to get a win first up?

I'm guessing Bays should get over Mclaren, Compass over Creek and Strath over Victor.

No idea about Willunga/Goolwa or Yank/Pongy
by field of dreams
Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victor beat strath by 4 goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by field of dreams
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well controlled Yetti. I understand your passion was probably testing your sportsmanship at times. I said nothing because Mclaren had every right to be upset.
Whilst putting the rules into question could open Pandora's box, if it was proved both goal umpires were wrong then the right outcome has prevailed.
Pity some others aren't as fair minded as you.

by field of dreams
Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, Compass didn't have enough monsters in the forward line. Pending clearance for Dale Ellis, looks like he hasn't played this year at Torrens? Coming off an injury? Has he played in this league before? Name sounds familiar?
Played at Victor, his brother coached (then just played the second year)

by field of dreams
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ball breaker wrote:Looks like no interest in the GF ...... [emoji42]

Now McLeod plays his 150th in the GF...... is this an omen? Quite often in the AFL milestone games in marquee games dont end well ..... [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Carn Creek
by field of dreams
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not surprisingly, Micheal Ross won VHFC B&F, with Les Weetra and Eljay Conners being runners up.

by field of dreams
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He got off

by field of dreams
Wed May 22, 2019 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great Southern Football League

Dutchy wrote:Did Simon Phillips play much at Pongy?

8 games

2 v Goolwa
2 v Yank
1 v strath, Mclaren, creek and bays

by field of dreams
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great Southern Football League

Yesterday’s elimination was played in sunny and breezy conditions, but scoring at both ends was much easier than at Victor on Saturday.
The game started slowly with both sides struggling to impact the scoreboard early. Brett Ellis was dominating clearances but as the quarter went on Victor gained ascendancy with 2 quick goals to Williams, a rovers snap from ruckman McKay and singles to Davey, Conners and Bartram to give victor a 25 point quarter time lead at 6-3 to 2-2
In the second quarter Brett Ellis continued to dominate clearances and also kicked 2 of McLaren’s 3 for the term. The contest was pretty even till the 20 minute mark though the lead was pegged back to only 10 points with Victor only managing 5 points and one out on the full. From then till half time Victor pulled away with a further 3-3 to nothing leaving the half time score at VH 9-11 leading Mclaren 5-4.
After half time Victor took inaccuracy to a new level. Point after point left the door well ajar and McLaren seemed to score a major from every forward entry. Victor kicked 1-12 (and another on the full) and McLaren 6-1 including Gill converting after the siren from a mark. Score at the final break was VH 10-23, Mclaren 11-5 giving Victor only a 2 goal buffer (well 12 points [emoji57]) despite having 33 to 16 scores (plus the on-the-fulls!).
McLaren started the final quarter well with a strong mark and goal to Wakefield to make it only 6 points. VH followed with Alleway’s snap from ruck missing everything then yet another 2 points. Lambert had a running shot which cleared the marking contest before bouncing into the goal post followed by yet another VH point through a rushed behind.
At the 10 minute mark the margin was 8 points before Sam Basham finally stopped the rot with a major. From the 15 minute mark the main offenders suddenly found their range with marks and goals to Davey, Ross, Davey, Davey in about 5 minutes to blow the lead out to 37 points.
McLaren weren’t done though and closed the gap through 2 late goals to Grimley and misses to Wakefield and Mathews. Final score VH 15-26 d Mclaren 14-9.
IMO best for Mclaren were Ellis, Gill and Ellison with Wade, McKay, Conners and Ross for Victor.

by field of dreams
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Seems to me clubs/players have become a bunch of p1ss weak dobberd1cks.
by field of dreams
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic