Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club
by TIRED TIGER
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

This old chestnut again... Sigh...
Mitch is an outstanding leader of men and has a fantastic football brain. He has been in the SANFL system for years and has been able to build on solid foundations of professionalism and skills laid by previous coaches. I have no doubt that he will be a strong coach this year, particularly with the trust that he has in the team around him.

Let's just nip this in the bud now... S Demon, the 'big purse' insinuation is an insult to Mitch and my club. To date, we will be playing with a total of 5 out of a possible 15 points. We have worked hard on recruiting the right player/person for our team and it has meant that the overwhelming number of players are there for the right reasons, and that does not equate to money. TTG has never, and will never, be a club that can afford to attract players based purely on money, and nor would we want to. Next time, before throwing out loose allegations and innuendo, feel free to contact me or someone else at the club who actually knows what goes on.
So i suppose Josh Hand left the big dollars behind at Geppies,cos he liked the idea of wearing a red and black guernsey :shock:
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Ouch!

......the B Grade lost by 37 goals
That's ridiculous.

And to all those who thought we were talking sh!t and dropping grades was the easy option...
I still believe you should have been made to tough it out in Div 4 for 2 reasons. When you were thrashing teams with all your imports that was fine but now take the easy option and not go down the hard way. Secondly now a club whoever that maybe who finishes 9th is unfairly relegated imo.I know you will think its sour grapes Browny but you have to do the hard yards on the way down,after enjoying the good times on the way up
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Since it's close to the 1 year anniversary any Woodville South posters care to let me know if we will ever get a copy of the Div 5 Reserve Grand Final? Since we paid for it and John no longer returns our calls just wondering if any of you have a copy of it.
They aimed for relegation once it was clear Havens were looking likely to come up to Divvy 4 as well - just to keep avoiding you :lol:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?
bet the Valley boys are looking forward to changing in the dark at havens change rooms again :lol:
by TIRED TIGER
Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

I know this is getting a bit old fashioned, but you could choose to support the home club's bar[/quote]
Sorry, I assumed that being just a trial game that the bar and canteen wouldn't be open!
Thanks to the one person who actually answered my question!!! :roll:[/quote]

That's a pretty ridiculous assumption?

I've never been to a trial game without a bar and canteen. Seems to defeat the purpose really[/quote]
If you read my original post I have never been to or seen Broadviews facilities, so how am I Meant to know if they even have a bar for starters!
And I have played in plenty of country trial games where they don't have any facilities open except the change room and the toilets, so settle the **** down![/quote]

panther32 if you get to broadies you will be lucky to get a park.5 games of footy and only parking with a view for probably 100 cars maximum.bar bbq and can bar will be operational all day.should be a good days entertainment..hope this answers your query mate
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Congratulations SD 250 games at the club you love,sure is a great milestone.pity you aren't playing the late game would loved to have watched your big game.all the best Charlie
by TIRED TIGER
Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Great game of footy today - both sides would match any divvy 3 sides on that performance. Pity the PH skipper lacked class in his acceptance speech. Bring on divvy 4 - young side with plenty wanting to join!
are you serious about matching it with Div 3 sides or has the time posted got something to do with that statement :shock:
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Spartan,Looking forward to playing Adelaide Lutheran hey?????you won't say that if its at the parklands in June/July haha
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be a brave man to coach Fitzroy at the present time
by TIRED TIGER
Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Q he certainly did get a better offer from Echunga cos he never got one from us.
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

I have followed Gepps Cross closely since coaching there in early 2000s.This is the lowest point in their recent history with perhaps a half a dozen players (make top teams)who are up to Div 3 standardThey brought in a coach from outside (whom they rate highly)over the top of one of their own,who left and many players departed with him or to other clubs.its going to be a long road back for a club which only a few years ago was a strong Div1 club. Hopefully they can sort things out and get back to where they once were. Just an outsiders view fwiw
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Get the right coach who is prepared to make many phone calls and promote the footy club.Sure a lot of guys have moved on however they must still have some connection to Para Hills emotionally through the 2015 premiership.Would be a massive but exciting challenge to be a part of.good luck to Para Hills and the successful applicant I hope you both do well.
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Why? we play bad, we get relegated. 2 clubs would go down under any other circumstance and no one should rest on the fact that there were only 9 teams this year.

Sure, it's going to suck to be relegated after all the hard work Charlie and Stevo put in over the years, hell, even poor Bob would be pulling his hair out if he had any trying to get these blokes playing some decent footy - but you gotta take the hand you're dealt.

*disclaimer* - i'm pretty sure i dont' speak for the rest of the club here.
Well Lisa if I was still coaching Hope Valley I would be knocking on the HVFC committee and Saafl doors and demanding we stay in Div 4. I think it's very ordinary that new clubs can apply to affiliate and jump over the top of loyal clubs.Hope valley wouldn't be relegated if para hills played in 2016.Let them start in Div6 where ttg and modbury did and look where they are now.They should do the hard yards like we did at hope valley to climb the grades not be given a gold pass
by TIRED TIGER
Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also they are in a 9 team comp.. So are second bottom on the ladder
and the last 3 times this has occurred, 8th stayed put. Only difference now is new clubs are coming in. So we just cop it sweet
S Demon that is the wrong attitude(cop it sweet my arse)you should be fighting tooth and nail to stay up over these johnny come latelys.You know how hard we fought to get to Div 4 and shouldn't be forced to go down. Hope the Valleys lead the charge to have these new clubs start in 6 or 7 and earn their promotions like everyone else has had to do.Imo the league is trying to get too big and are forgetting the clubs who built and stabilised the great competition we have.
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having worked with Weed closely over the last 3 years I've seen how committed to the club and players he was.He has given his all and didn't get the reward for effort he deserved.Personally I think the points saga hanging over the groups head took its toll taking 16 weeks to get a final outcome. All the best Weed in your next role.
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2017

Played golf with Weed today and not what he told me. Are you an applicant Minion Master, seem anxious to see who gets it ;)
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not, would be good. Beats watching Collingwood/ Essendon
by TIRED TIGER
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Things not looking to good out Greenacres way.be lucky to fill two sides and won't win many games if they survive at all apparently. Hope it's not true.

Good info you have there TT we were trying to keep it quiet.............pfft :? :? :?
Well perhaps tell your supporters/members to stop spreading bullshit then. :shock:
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

C grade coach been appointed already. Lost a lot of players, signed a lot of players so all will be seen in 5 months time I suppose.
On the upside lots of kids replacing them should be exciting to watch the Tigers next season.
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

Had a beer with one of the departing Broadview players this week and he basically said the place is nothing like it once was. Disappointing to hear because he was someone who would never move on unless it took a pretty bad turn. Must be a very different place these culture wise these days.

perhaps the blokes leaving may have caused this "so called" culture change. At least the guys left won't need their egos stroked all the time imo.I'm looking forward to watching our tigers in 2017
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

TIRED TIGER wrote:Things not looking to good out Greenacres way.be lucky to fill two sides and won't win many games if they survive at all apparently. Hope it's not true.
Norm,perhaps the rumours (which are getting stronger) in October may be on the money after all.
by TIRED TIGER
Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Is there a reason Broadview keep denying the clearance for Burnett to Ardrossan?
yes ,because he is a contracted player.Surely when players committ themselves to a club their signature has to mean something to them.Secondly when a club knows a player is contracted and they offer them ridiculous money to break that contract they should be punished by the Toothless Tiger oops Community Football League. Personally I hope Broadview stick to their guns.
by TIRED TIGER
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

No,because you lost your 2nd lol
by TIRED TIGER
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

100% true

Morphie Parks now second
Ep third

Gepps Cross given the win and jump to 5th with 14pts
This puts a fair dent in the rest of the comp fighting for 5th. Gepps kissed on the dick in the biggest way.
Seeming they lost by 3 points and Harder kicked a goal I'd say justice prevails.he shouldn't have been able to play regardless.
Who's to say his replacement wouldn't have kicked one, or three, or five?

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.
well put it this way Pag, Harder was available for one game to a club he's never played for.Someone made way for him to come in so that was probably the bloke who would've kicked 3 or 5 goals lol. They played with matches and got burnt.
To be quite honest I reckon our league shouldn't let anyone chasing money in country leagues have a permit full stop.
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

] Growler Duggan was not in the best 22 players this year in the comp Sumner is another question mark and also Geer another question mark

I find who ever picking the side is not picking on performance but picking names that they know

Tyson Barnes or Hayden Robinson either of these 2 could of taken duggan spot and geer and Kye from Pooraka would be CHB Duggy will win b & f at Hope Valley I reckon and deserves to be in team of year.Opposition coaches still quite obviously rate him and I still regard him as the best player I ever coached.
by TIRED TIGER
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Who would've thought this time 12 months ago after having 20 clearances denied by Broadview and them playing hardball that Jacob Fisher would in fact be back playing there and signed for 2018..
thats because his heart is at Broadview and realises chasing money ain't all it's cracked up to be. Hopefully Jacko can develop him even further and turn him into a gun forward. Welcome back Fish
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Big Shrek wrote:Broadview are shit sucked in

and you're a goose. By the way your club probably won't be around in 5 years anyway.
by TIRED TIGER
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

That’s why the Community Football League is a big toothless tiger. The clubs that play by the salary cap rules are disadvantaged and the cheats keep getting away with it
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alex is not banned for life, just in the Adelaide footy league???. He can play in any other competition next year can’t he????
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be a good job to get at Broadview imo. Something like 16 broadies juniors in 1st semi side and they are getting better every game they play together. Jacko did well with the recruits brought in in 2017/18 so exciting times ahead hopefully.
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

Whilst I don’t condone what our lad did and he will be dealt with by the tribunal.However he received a free for A high tackle not against him for holding the ball, just to clear that up.
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Yes I thought an apology might have come from barracker1, he fired everyone up then goes missing.
Perhaps he should do some research before posting. Anyway glad Kobe can get on with his life now.
by TIRED TIGER
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |