Search found 49 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

You'd be the first bloke in history to rate pulling out.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

It's a Knockout was short lived the second time round.

Should be brought back in the original stadium format with state v state!

The latest incarnation was woeful!!
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Squids wrote:They call it the idiot box for a reason.

So you do understand why some people watch television?
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Here's an idea! Train harder, get a little bit better this year. Then Repeat, Then Repeat, Then Repeat! Eventually you will get there.
Reynella were Sh!t for years & have now won 2 of the last 4 flags.
M/Vale were Sh!t in the 90's & have won 5 of the last 10 flags.
Marion won a flag about 12 years go & played in 3 s from memory, now they are Sh!t.
It goes aroud & when you are at the top it is a much better feeling knowing how hard it was to If you take the easy road in life I wish you all the very best!

yeah dead set true champ, pure sense and of course thats how the wheels roll

but in 5 years time, the players who are payin their fees this season wont be around, does nobody give a damn about the man who just paid 500 bucks to play for your club, all to have his coach say 'look boys, I know wh're about a div 7 level club, but this week im putting you lads up against a div 1 quality reynella and it gonna be a crap day for us, but try to have a good time'

how painful for the coach himself to do that to his much loved soldiers, when he knows all to well that just down the road theres a comp where his men should be having a brilliant time and putting smiles and good times on their faces. give your players what they pay for, and invest their money in.... a game of footy against boys their own size

Clubs need to stop holding guns to people's heads to play for/coach them. It's unconscionable.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The cyclist has a point, why don't the police go catch some actual criminals. The law requiring cyclists to wear a helmet is total ridiculous. The only person that is going to be worse off if the cyclist doesn't wear a helmet is the cyclist in the case of an accident. Its their own fault if they crash. If people want to take the risk and not wear a helmet it should be their choice not to.

Disagree with this, I don't know about you but I would feel pretty shit if I was driving and hit a cyclist killing them regardless of who was at fault. Not to mention the family of the cyclist who have to deal with a sudden loss. The victim being recognised as a selfish idiot doesn't help anyone else involved in the incident.

At the end of the day he was breaking a law and therefore is a criminal. If the guy has a history of it the cop was doing him a favour not just locking him up straight away.

I hope the cop sues him for breach of privacy. If he didn't notify him that he was being recorded then he didn't obtain permission to use it then he probably has a case to answer. Why do you think all companies have to advise people their phone call may be recorded?
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela Dies Aged 95

After visiting Robben Island and seeing the conditions he had to spend the bulk of that 27 years in, for him to have continued the fight for what he believed in all that time was remarkable. He wasn't the only one that sacrificed their life for that cause but he certainly put everything he had into seeing it through.

I shudder to think what the world would be like without people who fought for the rights of others.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Don't forget that now Everton have been freed from the Moyes shackles they are likely to be pressing for 4th as well!
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

I heard it was a sugar overdose, her body was allegedly found with a lollipop hanging out of her mouth and about 50 of the suckers strewn around the room.

Some people just can't let go of old habits.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Does that mean Brighton will no longer have all the dick hunters in the league? :lol:
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions League 2013/14

I think Moyes comment of "We didn't do much wrong" after the match sums up why Man U will never go anywhere under Moyes.

Meanwhile, great work by the Chavs to give themselves a semi final leg either side of their trip to Anfield! :)
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Win Premierships maybe?

1 Flag for the best team of that period, stats don't lie as you say, is a poor return IMO.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmm maybe MVFC don't bow to pressure and pay exhorbitant match payments after all...
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SFL is finalising the Saturday comps finals fixture next Monday night. The big issue is the proposal to play the 2 v 3 final on the first Saturday as a night game at Port Noarlunga commencing at 6pm. Obviously all the earlier games at that venue will be shifted back. I think its a great progressive idea which will also assist players, officials, support staff, parents and supporters of clubs who have teams at both Saturday venues to manage their day easier. Clubs have been asked to provide their thoughts on the proposal which will assist with Monday's decision. Regardless of night game or not, I have a feeling the fixture will be:

5/9 - 1 v 4 at Marion and 2 v 3 at PN
6/9 - 5 v 8 at CB or N and 6 v 7 at CB or N
12/9 - Loser 1 v 4 vs Winner 5 v 8 at Ald or N
13/9 - Loser 2 v 3 vs Winner 6 v 7 at Ald or N
19/9 - Winner 1 v 4 vs Winner 13/9 at CB or PN
20/9 - Winner 2 v 3 vs Winner 12/9 at CB or PN
26/9 - GF at SAFC

Or see their A grade playing at the same time as their B grade. I doubt you would find many players that would be keen to play a night game in this situation.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, Flaggies pretty mouthy right now, any other previous comments you want to dig up at this time King?

Still 4 weeks to go

Hey LGIL, that's not mouthy, that's educating a no knowledge critic.

Now if you want mouthy, this is mouthy!!

Flaggies A grade TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies B grade 2nd, Christies 8th.
Flaggies 18s TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies 16s 3rd, Christies 5th
Flaggies 14s TOP, Christies 6th.

I deliberately put TOP instead of first because as you say, 4 weeks to go! Try and enjoy them!!

No follow up post King?

Please follow up King :lol: ;)
Also please comment on whether your club feel A grade achieved what they should of for the season?
Nothing sinister just interested.
Losing 1 game for the year and then losing 2 out of 3 finals with the one win being less than impressive IMO.

He might take awhile to reply. I imagine he is a bit busy running around trying to cancel that order of Premiers 2015 t-shirts made a few weeks ago.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aston Villa demise

Actually, to be fair, we haven't had any problems finding someone to save us in the past five seasons - it's finding someone who can get us to a position where we don't have to be saved that's the problem.

Stop hiring narcissistic nut jobs to manage you then!

Di Canio, Poyet and Allardici (at WHU) all look to someone else to blame when SH!T hits the fan!
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

nuggety goodness wrote:Yep, godlesness abounds because we were given a choice and the majority choose to live without God.

So who are you to say that you are right and everyone who believes differently is wrong?

What evidence do you have to prove that your choice is unequivocally the correct choice?
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

The world would be a better place if the words Holden and pull out were used more often together.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone please inform Reynella they cant play with 24 players ?

Or possibly it is the total fit squad as they have not named a B grade side :|

Looking forward to what should be a cracker of a day with big crowd and local footy .

Maybe they asked the SFL Board to be treated differently and allowed extra players?

Surely you would know something about bullsh!t requests being approved by the SFL.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Chances of Sydney leaking North Melbourne's interest the day before they announce his re-signing? :)

"So Isaac, we hear you had interest from elsewhere"

"Yeah, North chased me"

All - =)) =)) =)) =))

"Fancy a 5 year deal then?"

"I've got a pen...."

So trolling is only acceptable when you are doing it?
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Australia Day date be changed?

How about no date, last Friday in January every year is Australia Day. Saves money on people having sickies for midweek public holidays and no one can get up in arms about significance of dates. Purely about celebrating our great country.

That's bloody stupid, imagine taking away the great Aussie tradition of the extended long weekend sickie...

You sir should be ashamed of yourself... ;)

I'll add it to the list... :lol:
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

I think the MRP has actually been consistent with these two. Hawkins punched a guy in the chin, the intent was there and it wasn't a footy action it was a blatant punch. Vince tucks his arm in attempted to bump and due to circumstances outside of his actions got him high. Vince didn't jump or raise an elbow he just didn't plan on Parker moving which is where his infringement lied by not taking due care.

Hawkins punching a guy in the chin, regardless of how hard it was, has only one intention to hurt/rattle the guy. It isn't something that has ever legally been in football and while you might say he barely hit him the intent was there. If Davis moves in a way Hawkins wasn't expecting and the punch breaks his jaw would you all be still saying he didn't deserve a week or more?
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Can the mods put a stop to this Spam?
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ignore the date, obviously no one will ever agree on one. First Friday in Feb (so it never falls on the 26th Jan) and everyone is free to celebrate it as they see fit.

As for the increase in misguided patriotism and anger at people who have a differing opinion, I would be pretty confident that the increase would coincide with the advent of social media. Everyone can have an opinion but not everyone deserves to be heard.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

How many times does the player know he's had no prior opportunity so just absorbs the tackle without really trying to dispose of it?
Maybe if you are caught with the ball regardless of prior opportunity its holding the ball.
That'll do 2 things...reward a solid tackle and, the players will tend to tap it into space releasing a runner. Ala Cyril.
Just a thought.

No.

The only thing this achieves is rewarding the second person to the ball even more than they already are now.

Just no.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

How many times does the player know he's had no prior opportunity so just absorbs the tackle without really trying to dispose of it?
Maybe if you are caught with the ball regardless of prior opportunity its holding the ball.
That'll do 2 things...reward a solid tackle and, the players will tend to tap it into space releasing a runner. Ala Cyril.
Just a thought.

No.

The only thing this achieves is rewarding the second person to the ball even more than they already are now.

Just no.
That's what the game is about. Reward a solid tackle. The first to the ball has to make the decision as to whether he takes possession or taps it to a team mates advantage.
Smart footballers are brilliant at this. Ala Cyril, diesel, a and d Jarman and many others.

So the handful of players that would be "brilliant" at it will mean it will be a more entertaining game? What about the bottom 10 in each team, are they just tapping it around to each other too scared to pick it up as they'll give away a free in their defensive 50?

At no point should rules be encouraging people to wait for someone else to pick the ball up. The game is about rewarding first to the ball, if they then don't get rid of it then it is about rewarding the tackler. We aren't playing British Bulldog FFS.

I bet you enjoyed Dangerfield "winning" a free kick for a ruck infringement didn't you.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

League is cooked, crowds are down, I thought results would even up with marion and osb leaving?

It's just someone elses turn to be the easybeats now. Someone has to be at the bottom.

Except it's more than that. The standard of the league has dropped dramatically.

Flaggies would be the only team I would rate as being up with the best in the state. 10 years ago I would have said the top 6 would have mixed it at that level. Top players wouldn't even consider playing in the SFL anymore if they aren't already aligned with a club.

When the top side is beating the 4th side by 20 goals a week out from finals it raises questions . Sadly though it's probably too late to fix.

Think you'll find it was a dead rubber game as such, Saints couldn't move from 4th.

LOL - you can't be serious that you think this is the reason they got beaten by 20 goals? What did the Bushpigs have to play for? They'd wrapped up top spot already as well. A 10 goal loss you might be able to make a case for but at some point pride should kick in.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

what what, bloods is sort of a term of endearment
Full name: Sydney Swans Limited
Former name(s): South Melbourne Football Club (1874–1982)
Swans Football Club (1982)
Nickname(s): Swans, Bloods, (previously the Blood Stained Angels)
Not so fun fact that South were once called the Blood stained Angels and Essendon were nicknamed the Blood Stained N****** briefly and thankfully long forgotten

Blood Stained Needles?
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

It doesn’t send a very good message to their currently playing list either.

Most clubs are about filling a need - north seem to be trying to fill the lack of a star - no matter who that player is

I think you are probably right about your Gaff gaffe not being inside your top 20 dumbest comments. Mainly through sheer weight of numbers.

If you can name a player on that list, that wouldn't improve any team in the league, then you are a bigger muppet than we already know.

Hannebury is the only one you would now question but not the 2015 version.

I'd be more pissed off if I found out we weren't going after elite players solely because it looks bad to numpty opposition supporters. Despite the fact we end up in the same position as 16 other clubs.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Pick 48 was received from North last year as part of a shuffle with West Coast for later picks. Got it for free, give it away for free.

Who knows, maybe North made it clear Polec for 11 wasn't going to happen and, given the risk of him walking into the PSD we gave something to get something. ( 11 ).

#Albertonlogic?
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:Sounds like he has nominated a club, and this is just another variation of "He isn't any good anyway".

Classic.

Interesting he didn’t select North Melbourne considering they are a #destinationclub

Enjoy your annual player exodus.

#feederclub
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote: North aren’t going anywhere. ;)

Not with all these long term contracts for B graders you won't be.

8)

We are so secure we have other AFL clubs funding our VFL side.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

The problem with only taking the resulting injury/impact into non-football acts though is that it will take a Lockett - Caven type incident for people to realise it's not on. At the moment everyone knows they can get away with elbowing someone in the face and just copping a fine. Wouldn't have taken much for Fyfe's elbow to hit his temple and he'd be knocked out. Why is the fact he gets knocked out the main reason he misses a game? Stop people before someone gets injured not after.

Intent needs to be weighted more than injury when it is non-football acts.

If Ablett and Fyfe get to play this week then their is no way Durdin shouldn't.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:How do you fit De Goey and Pittard into one salary cap, that's the question.

You get another club to foot some of the bill.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Brodlach wrote:Won’t happen, would kill all small businesses. Paying rent won’t stop.

20 million people in the country and 600 have it, mass hysteria IMO

No, 600 people are known to have it. This is just the beginning.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck with it ever happening but I would love to see an entity set up that controls the game of football and the AFL runs it's league similar to the FA - EPL set up in English soccer.

The AFL have clearly shown they don't have the games best interest in mind when making decisions.
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard on the weekend that the top 11 or 12 executives of the AFL are paid the same as the salary cap for one AFL team. Seems like we've let the bottom feeders take over our game. Do the AFL do realise they aren't footy and that real footy will take place regardless of an AFL being there, or not?

This is shitting me no end at the moment. The narrative from Gil that this could destroy our game.

Nope, it might destroy the AFL as we know it but footy would continue on without the AFL until it recovered. It's become bloated and manipulated for revenue to the point they are destroying the actual game. 16 minute quarters might benefit top level players so they can squeeze in more games but has anyone but the AFL called it a benefit?

I've said it before but they need to separate the league from the game. The game should always be bigger than whichever muppet is trying to ruin it at the time.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having seen the revised program it seems the SFL have gone down the laziest path possible and just moved the A grade team - whose club has a bye - to play in the slot that Aldinga's A grade have vacated.

Poor Valley get to double up against CB and the Bushpigs while a team that lost one, albeit the only one that mattered, game all year gets to double up against 2 sides that didn't make finals.

CB and Flaggies double up against each other so somehow the Shoes have managed to go from not having a team to being gifted one of the easiest draws possible for a previous seasons undefeated Minor Premier.

Don't get me started on the **** that is the B grade decision.
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

No bonus points, scrap percentage and use points for as the determining stat with teams on the same premiership points.

There is too much incentive with percentage to only lose by a small margin, remove that incentive and teams should go for the win more if it makes no difference to lose by 1 goal or 10.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes Season 2021

Time to limit the amount of coaches they can have at a club and the amount of contact time they get to coach them each week. Bring it back to the best football brains on the field rather than picking elite athletes and turning them into robots.

The game was at it's best when the best football brains got picked and started going downhill when they recruited the best athletes to turn into footballers - ability to apply pressure went up combined with the lower skill level has turned it into what we have today.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

To stick up for the AFL (which usually I don't do) we're all saying "this is where the AFL is heading" etc etc, but perhaps they don't particularly like or want it to be how the game looks or is played, but their hands are being forced, unlike some of the other silly rules they have brought in.

That argument would hold water if they were as hot on dirty hits behind the play or stamping out the kind of acts that Mumford got away with on the weekend - twice I might add. Until they separate intent and result they will continue to happen.

First thing judged in any incident should be was it an act you could expect on the footy field during a normal contest. If the answer is no then it should be instantly 2 weeks and go from there with severity of outcome. This BS of people getting off because the contact was insufficient when trying to elbow someone in the head is a joke.

Mackay is effectively being punished because he was better at protecting himself than Clark, if he ran in face first and they both got injured we wouldn't be having the discussion.

Also helps the AFL that Mackay isn't a big fish that they don't want to rub out for any period of time.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

If someone, who has had years of education and training around this issue and also seen first hand it's impact, isn't held accountable then how can you hold a random member of society who has never had the benefit of that education to as high a standard?

The AFL talk a big game when it comes to stamping out negative aspects of our game and in society but when push comes to shove their actions don't stand up.
by Zelezny Chucks
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No it's not.

Never played a league game.

Timothy Mcgenniss

Mitchell never played AFL either and was drafted in 2012 and delisted in 2014

Exactly it's pretty poor form by North based on the criteria they released: drafted 2012, delisted 2014, played zero games. Two ex-players meet that criteria.

One player is lying low in shame another is getting questioned and potentially abused on SM for no fault of his own because North aren't prepared to name and shame.

If you read the statement properly you will see it says the player was rookie listed.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Surely when you see the writing on the wall its time to move on.

when was the last time a coach had the guts to say, "This aint working, I'm outta here"

Probably been a few but cant recall them right now.

Ruttens a dead man walking, he will get the boot seasons end, perhaps right now he should gracefully put his hand up and say bye i'm outta here

If it were me, I'd stay. I want those that selected me to look me in the face and say 'hey mate, it's not working, we need to head in a different direction' then give me my $400k payout and walkout. I'm not giving that up because I'm hearing rumours.

Make those accountable for the decision stand up in front of me and the media and say "we got it wrong".

Absolutely. He didn't appoint himself, if it hasn't worked it wouldn't be through lack of effort on his part. He might not be up to it but that isn't his decision to make and those that appointed him should be held accountable.
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Cyclists circling the oval in a menacing fashion?
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Some level of search is probably better than just sticking with the same thing that doesn't work.
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Carlton fans upset with North getting priority picks at the front end of R1

EFA

eh what? Blame Essendon for over paying him, not North's doing

I corrected your incorrect statement. you said back end, its front end.

The compensation pick is front end of Rd 1. The priority picks were end of Rd 1.

It is amazing how many people think North asked for Pick 3, all they did was say they will match the offer if they don't get it. Just like any club should if they aren't happy with the compensation and want to retain the player.
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

gadj1976 wrote:put it this way, I'll put a sneaky 5'er on the Dees to miss the finals next year.
So will Goody

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
by Zelezny Chucks
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to really feel for our defenders at the moment, guys with less than 10 games having to put in efforts on the guns of the comp with very little support by the way of our midfield not exposing them. I lost count of the times we telegraphed a handball that was easily picked off once all our players had pushed forward. I know Aidan Corr is on some coin but it is time to write that off and just play Comben, Dawson and Pink together and recruit a key defender next offseason. Corr just isn't up to it.

Brisbane looked like a side that had something to prove and were definitely looking to use us to get their season back on track but it was disappointing how some of our senior players handled that.

That being said on paper we probably had the toughest draw possible for our first 4 games and expect everyone we played, with the exception of probably Freo, to be around the mark again at the end of the year. Hardly the time to say we have gone backwards or need to do anything drastic.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

I think Crouch's looked worse because of how he ended up contacting him but would argue he was more controlled. It looked like a player with 10 years experience coming up against one with 5 games experience. If he was coming up against someone of his own age the player protects himself the same way, they get to the ball at the same time and probably both bounce off fine.

Young players know if they bend over with their head over the ball then they are untouchable. Slight contact gets a free but the damage can be so much worse.

In Butters case it just looked reckless more than a deliberate attempt, gets him high doesn't touch the ball at all but Banfield continues on with the playing the ball so as per the AFL being more worried about the optics than preventing a bad outcome he is free to play. Also think time of game helps him as well, Umpires being scared of influencing another close game late probably let it go. Earlier in the game that probably gets paid as a free.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |