Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Aleks Bojanic will coach BOSFC A grade in 2014.
Coached Mitcham in 2013 and previously involved with Echunga and as a player at Goody Saints and Strath according to the bio from our president.
5th coach at BOS since we started in 2006 and the 2nd to come from outside the club / school environment which I think is a real positive to bring new ideas and people into a young club.
Good luck to him, I hope he goes well.

Alex is a really good man, you could do worse.
by citycoaster17
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Morell, I agree with some of your comments, but fitness, regardless of what division you are playing in, is surely the most important asset any footballer can have. There is no point having all of the skill and ability in the world, if you cant get your hands on the footy.
Lets take for example, two opponents, of equal weight, height, strength and talent. One can run 15 laps in good time at training, the other can get around the oval say 3 times before he needs a breather. These two guys line up on each other on a Saturday, and there are 15 contests, 1 on 1, with the ball about 30 metres away. How many times do you think the bloke with supreme fitness is going to get his hands on the ball first and pump it long. Not to mention his delivery will be much better because he isn't so spent by the time he gets the footy, and his decision making will be better because his mind is clear, and not asking himself how am I going to get my next breath. Just my opinion.
by citycoaster17
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.
by citycoaster17
Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs Man, just stop already. Do the club some good and put a ban on yourself on this forum. As an Echunga supporter, I'm embarrassed!!!
by citycoaster17
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

You missed out on a bloody good era to watch footy and have a half decent child hood mate ;)

Woollen guernseys, bogged grounds, swigs of port and ciggies being lit up at half time, pre-season starting in March (at the end of cricket season), coaches being appointed on the basis they turned up pre season and had "credentials", blokes passing out in changerooms after the game, blokes sleeping in cars in the car park or rocking up to Sunday sessions in the same clothes they left in, "the green room" being the most occupied room in the house, game plans being "kick it long", coaches telling you you were no good and the reasons why in front of your teammates, and black footy boots.

That's what I remember of footy in that era.
Just how I remember it BRILLIANT

The reason I started smoking was because I saw Roger Delaney having a ciggy at half time of a league game for Port Adelaide in the change rooms in Port Lincoln while getting a rub down!! Thought it must be good for you!!
by citycoaster17
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

"On behalf of the Lockleys Football Club I am extremely pleased to announce the return of Hayden Martinello to the club for the 2016 season.
Hayden is a SAAFL representative player and SAAFL Div 3 medallist who will bring experience, flexibility and class to the side and we cant wait to see him out on the track in the blue and red colours.
Welcome back home mate!"

This from the Lockleys Facebook page. Very good get. Well done Zed and all involved.
by citycoaster17
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

I couldnt see it in the The Bounce but we got a bloke playing his 400th game in our Henley C1 side in the morning, good luck & well done to Darren Kite - 10:15am

Congratulations Kitey!!!!!!

Great bloke, great club man. He was an old prick when I first played for Henley back in the mid 90's!!!!
by citycoaster17
Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

There is no doubt that a premiership in any grade is something to treasure, and why we all play!
But to suggest that just because someone has played in a premiership he is quality is not necessarily the case surely.
Plenty of ordinary footballers have managed to win premiership medallions.
I don't know anything about the guy you are talking about, but there is a long list of guys who were in the right place at the right time, in many leagues!

Jacks a good honest footballer. Doesn't give his opponent an inch. Hard worker, very fit, and very hard to play on. Would have been in Echunga's top 10 in the seasons he has played there I would have thought.
by citycoaster17
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Caught the first half of TTG v Centrals and god TTG were impressive very good small forwards and a very good ruckman good to see old man Fenwick playing A grade then went to Adelaide Uni v Hills before the showdown Para Hills were terrible TTG will beat them on their ears with out the 2 forwards they would've lost very lazy and selfish side fighting amount themselves don't see all the hype about them exactly my thoughts after the trial game I watched Adelaide LutheranvTTG look the sides to beat

Jesus Christ son, get some grammar in there!!
by citycoaster17
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Huge win by the Dragons on the weekend. They look to have improved a great deal from last year going on that result.

I see approx. 18 clearances in and not many out for them, which is a lot for a club with only two sides.

Did they get a new coach in, or just been aggressively recruiting?

New coach David Piasante gets the dragons off to a winning start with an 80(ish) point win against Portland. Some new young faces played well and some familiar faces were moving well also. 2s lost by a kick unfortunately but some good signs.

new reserves coach as well who knows his stuff..

Makes sense. Cheers zedman. Who's the twos coach? Associate of yours?

yeah, adam morgan..ex goodies, unley jets and before that lockleys..

The blokes a hack ;) Didn't know Morgs was coaching again Zed.... Yes, definitely knows his stuff, and gets the best out of his players.
by citycoaster17
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Zero on Adelaide now, cant fin any article online that has originated in SA, hence why I wonder if there are media reporting rules in this state for DV cases?
Clearly you’re shit at searching then. :lol:

Post a link then please, even searching his name in google doesn't bring up any SA reports, just interstate.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.adelaidenow.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-sa/clare-woman-rushed-to-hospital-with-stab-wounds-man-charged-with-attempted-murder/news-story/5f52c1ea015db502ee6ddc6cb672e52a%3famp
by citycoaster17
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Dutchy wrote:Great work Locks, huge to be up in Div 3!

Lots of hard work over the last 20 years to build the foundation. Best little club in town!
by citycoaster17
Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |