Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Just got this members release

In response to the article in today’s Sunday Mail the West Adelaide Football Club wishes to make the following statement.

The Board of the West Adelaide Football Club will not be commenting on the matters raised in the article until the conclusion of a full internal review of the Club’s operations. This review has been ongoing for the majority of the 2013 season and any comments now, in the Board’s opinion would be premature. With certain sensitivities surrounding this matter the Board wishes to assure all stakeholders that it will continue to act in the Club's best interests.

At the conclusion of this internal review the Club will be making further comment.

The Board further wishes to reassure all members and supporters of the club that we have collectively worked incredibly hard to turn around the financial situation of the Club this year to ensure the viability of the Club now and into the future. While the full financial statements for the 2013 year have not yet been completed we are confident of a significant surplus for the past financial year.

- The Board of West Adelaide Football Club Inc.

I love a good statement that confirms they aren't making a statement. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Hodges 153! wrote:Davenport to be playing assistant coach at North Shore Football Club.

Subject to Big Phil's official confirmation.... ;)

Sm@rt @rse ;)
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compiling Accurate Stats PAFC

Port Adelaide Football Club SANFL 1870 >

Port Adelaide Football Club AFL 1997 >

No need to thank me, Mark.
by Booney
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

SANFL now an absolute joke they are not the Magpies they are the AFL Power.

Magpies are dead and buried .

Dark era for SA football. I still can't comprehend how some people can still think that the power reserves are no different to the real magpies. Anyone who believes that has been brainwashed by the powers crap.

Really couldn't care what people think about the PAFC. All I care about is winning the $ANFL Premiership.
by beenreal
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!

Spot on. And unfortuantley, the retaining of the "magpie" name has sucked numerous people in - these people are just to thick to realise the club is dead. Sad.

Hasn't sucked anyone in. Those people support the club because they are loyal. The people they have jumped ship and started and trying to say they are dead are nothing but weak supporters. I've supported the club my entire, through the good times and the bad and will continue to do so for many years to come.
by kickinit
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Isn't it just a name change from Magpies to Power? The guernsey will change but it wont be the first time in Port Adelaide's history that the colours of their guernsey has changed
Essendon were the 'Dons before being known as the Bombers.
Fitzroy went from being known as the Maroons to the Gorillas to the Lions before amalgamating with Brisbane.
Richmond were the Wasps prior to being known as the Tigers.
Yes the Magpies might be dead but the Port Adelaide Footy Club will live on, and isn't that who people support?
Nah, I used to think that till proven wrong. The PAFC changed their name to the PAMFC so a new entity "the power" could use their business name.
The PAMFC is virtually dead and buried now by its own artificial creation, its a bit like Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons created by the humans all but wiping the makers out.
Or Frankenstein to a degree too.

Interesting point made there. The AFL certainly is big business and football clubs from grassroots country clubs to AFL clubs are run as such,as a business.

But a business (in the main) does not involve the passion and warfare created by football clubs.Some do,but not many. So for people on the outside looking in, the business has changed names and no longer represents what it previously did. Or does it?

For those on the inside, with a passionate vested interest, many things remain the same. I don't believe (and show me any letter head you want,I dont care) that the Magpies are dead. Sure, the line up of players changes, but that does pretty much every year anyway.

Sure the ultimate goal of the Magpies new structure is to best develop players for AFL football, but Garry Hocking and the players who take the field for the Magpies at SANFL level will be out there to win games, make no mistake. The Magpies, wearing black and white in the SANFL are Norwoods greatest foe, they have won more SANFL premierships than anyone else.

Many things have changed, many things have not.
by Booney
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

It's lamentable that a state jumper has been appropriated by a club for it's own ends. As has been pointed out we will have the peverse situation where a section of the state will be supporting the opposition at that match.

The line between state and club should never have been crossed, the Crows, in their hubris, have made a massive mistake.

It's only when you look at the people in charge at the Crows, all with their personality deficits, it starts to make sense.

But the Crows have always tried too hard to manufacture a heritage, possibly to take away the focus from the fact that they are a 23 year old club, a minnow really. It's a pity that the state jumper has been caught up in their juvenile campaiging.
by Ronnie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Gotta love G McIntosh's quote about the Crows: "That's what happens when people in bullshit castles make bullshit decisions".
You Macca are a deadset LEGEND!
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

topsywaldron wrote:AFL reserves players are obviously protected species.

and so they should be. They will be targeted by failed footballers like Clinch who want the 15 minutes of fame.

That sort of stuff is not on in a practice game no matter which era or team or player. enjoy the 5 weeks off.
by frogcake
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Here I was thinking this thread was going to discuss the Magpies and Eagles game.

Pretty sure every post match Magpies thread this season will be a waste of time.
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |