Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

thats my mail too, both back to lofty

Well one of us is going to be wrong :evil:
Yes Flash is going back to Lofty but P-G is heading overseas and word around the club is he will play for HV when he returns
He is best mates with Joel Brown and Joel is staying

he is also mates with gordon..i think jake and dutchy are going to be right..

Yes mates with Gordon but Peto and JB work together as well

But as the saying goes - time will tell

If he does decide to go back to Lofty it would be interesting to know why considering he is meant to also be assistant a grade coach at HV - was it cash, trying to rescue Lofty or didnt get along with Dent? Hope HV look into reasons why someone who has been very involved in our club over last couple of years would leave

Personally I still see him wearing the no 3 HV guernsey this year and if he was after any sort of success in season 2014 HV would seem a better bet than Lofty
by Mister Footy
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure of the accuracy of this, but did hear that Cranston was staying at the Roos for another year.

As for J.Eagleton, pretty sure he's still a Viking and is training as usual.

I hear Peterson-Grey, on the other hand, is undecided whether or not he'll be at the valley next year.
Would be a massive loss if he didn't sign on again.

Johnny has been training with Valleys - he is definitely staying :D but brothers Damian & Mick retiring
As for Peto - rumours probably come from him going overseas soon and he will miss few weeks but those I have spoken to seem sure he will be keen to get back to his footy when he gets home :D
Can confirm a couple of very handy players have returned to Valleys :D :D :D
Heard a rumour that there is potentially another player who has spoken to the club about returning that dont think anyone at Valleys counted on seeing back there also :shock:
by Mister Footy
Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !

Mal Ralph is an interesting choice of coach for Christies - best of luck to them

Sad to see Pomeroy head over to the arch rivals but is true he struggled to get a game in the As and has been working at Roxby for last couple of years

Hackham Ins are very interesting - did I hear right that a former Fremantle Docker and winefly junior is playing with them this year? That must be chewing up their points.

For me top 3 Reynella, Vikings, Emus
by Mister Footy
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FUTURE DIRECTIONS COMMITTEE

SFL Board are doing the rounds and visiting all the clubs committees to talk about FD. HVFC turn last night. Apparently some heated exchanges. :?
by Mister Footy
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

AFC seems there are some people at our club of late that think junior premierships mean nothing also
Sure there has been alot of players move up to 16s but if nothing else this week will mean a good contest or our 14s - playing Porties 3 times in 5 weeks or something ridiculous where it was a very uneven game is no good for Porties or us. Junior fixture is a joke - lift your game SFL.
by Mister Footy
Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pilmore Cup 2014

jet-airport wrote:If Denty's got anything to do with it, wont be out till Sat morning..... :)

=D>
Nice one JA - clearly you have been one of those waiting till midnight on a Thursday night for team selection
by Mister Footy
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bad day at the Valley for our A grade today - out-played, out-classed and out-coached was one description I heard a senior official state tonight
Pity cos it was Heubners 200th A grade game
by Mister Footy
Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Grade top 4 getting established with teams at 5, 6, & 7 still a bye to come. Nevertheless, next weekend HV v Bushpigs (at HV) will be a cracker!

Notice one S.McKenzie played B grade for HV today. Will he step up to A's next week .......... hope so.

Agree next weeks game will be very interesting and will be good to have 5 games of good footy in all grades
Brilliant to see Macka back in action
by Mister Footy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.
I hear views amongst playing group seems to be that they like Dent but 4 years is long enough to hear the same message.
Will be interesting to see which way the club goes with this. Personally I think we have alot of players with probably only a couple of years left and alot of juniors coming through and would be good to see the next coach be across the whole club rather than just A grade but dont know if that should be 2015 or 2016. Is 5 years too long with one coach?
Benny coleman having a few was he :) might get a few of the lofty boys back :0

Pretty sure BC was coaching MV against Brighton. Its a fairy story getting him back to the club and if it brought back NPG then thats even better. Cant see BC moving from coaching MV in 2014 to HV in 2015 - would be different if they werent in same league

Been hearing Denty to pongy in the gsfl !

Really? Heard a whisper on weekend from a couple of blokes that all positions will be advertised and Dent aware. Wonder if he has told club he is not going on or if he made a move after hearing his job is being advertised.

Club cant be pinning their hopes all on Coleman - hope they have others in mind. Anyone aware of any potential coaches sniffing around for jobs?

Interesting timeframe all this happening when team is flying and right before finals
by Mister Footy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All of these suggestions about changing the number of players in teams and juniors to go to Sundays are missing the point about what is great about the SFL and probably can't appreciate the atmosphere of a full day of club footy like will happen today with Winies v Emus. Kick off with the 14s and the players & parents can stay on to watch the A grade - big crowds, lots of noise and great atmosphere.

Instead Happy Valley had teams at 3 grounds yesterday with only 4 teams playing (18s had their 2nd forfeit in a row) Our supporters and volunteers stretched to get to the 3 ovals. Last week we were at 2 different grounds. I know we are not alone in this but I shake my head at how the SFL allow it.
I reckon the best suggestion the Future Directions committee had was to only allow clubs that could field 5 teams on a Saturday would be part of the league.

Is it a case of having too many clubs? Time for a few to merge if they want to survive?

I suppose last couple of weeks have at least prepared us for finals and the travelling between grounds if you want to see other teams in your club play. Travelling between Marion and Noarlunga this week - couldn't have got grounds that are much further apart
by Mister Footy
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christies had all 5 Saturday sides in the finals with Bs, 18s and 16s still in for the second week. How often has this happened over last few years? Has Crate has had an impact as a "club coach"? His A grade side a stronger unit in 2014 - with a win over HV to prove it. Big respect earnt at our club from that win.

Have heard good things about their Footy Director and CB are one of those clubs that make the all day Saturday experience a good one - good barby, good facilities and generally a good crowd
by Mister Footy
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't see the incident so not going to comment other than to say hope the lad is recovering ok.

The McKenzie incident has been referred to recently and whilst I am not going to condone what was done it staggers me the level of abuse directed at him this finals series from spectators of many different clubs including outside the SFL with reference on what these morons would like to do to him and his sons. Yeah have a good sledge but surely there is a line that shouldn't be crossed when you are around families. If the SFL are going to throw people out for fighting in the crowd the perhaps this sought of anti social behaviour should also see them shown the door.

There has been a lot of posters claiming to have seen these incidents over the last couple of years but I wonder how many actually did see them.
It's a funny thing when incidents are taken to the courtroom and under oath the facts are not quite what was put on this very forum. :shock:
by Mister Footy
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SFL Grand Finals Competition - Win a Stubbie Holder

Mister Footy says: Get a kick from people's picks - especially those that select Brighton in 18s. Played them once this year with far from our strongest side and beat them by 45 points. You guys all convinced Brighton's college kids back in the side make that much of a difference? Well DTH if you get up in the 18s it will be a huge upset

My picks
14s Valley in a tight contest
16s Emus tough game style will win the day
18s Valleys easy
Bs Valleys in a tight contest
As Shoes by a couple of goals

MF - You have become quite famous amongst the BDOS 18s. Your post has been reposted on their Facebook page and has now been seen by all coaches and players.

Hope the club won't hold you responsible when the BDOS boys win..........

Ah MZ I am sure every coach is using every trick available. That would be like JC showing the lads how many people have tipped against them on this forum however I am sure he is choosing to focus on the game.

Expect Curyer to be heavily tagged but that just leaves more running options open. And if BDOS do get up then they have beaten the best team all year and deserve the premiership. Cant see it happening though - too much talent in this team and I reckon they will want to show any doubters why they havent lost a game.

If I have become famous does it come with a free pass into the ground and my own car park? Bring on the footy :D
by Mister Footy
Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?[/quote]

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble
by Mister Footy
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that the facebook sacking announcement has been taken down, I guess they didn't appreciate the media interest!

We live in a media driven society, if smart they could turn it into free advertising by talking about what type of replacement they are looking for and giving the journalist the right lines that would be quoted. Instead they have come across in a bit of a negative light. Was obvious it would generate interest considering the media circus created last year by Aldinga.

Hasn't been many smart moves in last 8 months. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If same group are picking the next coach let's hope they get it right this time [-o<
by Mister Footy
Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This Happy Valley saga is the gift that keeps giving. The previous post is from someone with an allegiance to Sturt, Hawthorn and CLG. Now who could that be.

Seems the saga may be over, the eerie silence out of Happy Valley may be a sign that the media black-ban has been reinstated down there. Sad, I was enjoying the input of Mister Footy & afc9798 etc over the last few years after what seemed like a non-existence of the HVFC on the internet.

No black ban mate just waiting for the new coach to be appointed. Reckon Maguire's phone would be running hot at the moment - has to coordinate timing of Carlton announcing Malthouse has quit/sacked before we announce he's our bloke.

In all seriousness just hoping they get it right this time
[-o< [-o< [-o<

Anyway who needs mine and AFC's input when you have Vics and DTH have a crack at each other :D :D
by Mister Footy
Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

" It should only be worked out on the current season anyhow , these ideas of 5 years, 10 years and the like have no bearing on current strength, why not 20 years, 50 years, 100 year... where do you end?"

LGIL - if Valleys dont make A grade finals because of a dodgy coaching recruitment and couple blokes leaving does that make it a div 2 club?
by Mister Footy
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I want to know is why Hackham and Lonsdale don't merge? Hackham can say all they like they are not about to close the doors but they have leaks within and I have heard the situation is pretty dire. Lonsdale also struggle in many areas but mostly with facilities which Hackham have got.

Is it because there are too many Lonsdale people at SFL who dont want to see this club merge again or are the clubs just so pig headed and short sighted?

Everyone else in the league can see they dont have a long term future if they don't do something drastic and if it was merge or die would they really prefer to die? :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Mister Footy
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CF Reynella, Flaggies, Valleys and Brighton could all have a cap on their minis and it wouldnt make a scrap of difference to your club mate and if you think any different you are in denial :shock:

Sick of clubs blaming others for their problems when they could have double the points and salary cap and still not attract players in juniors or seniors.

If Lonsdale were serious about becoming a stronger club they would have gone ahead with the rumoured merge with Cove or Hackam last year but instead you hear them carry on about how they have already merged and why should they have to do it twice?

If the SFL had any balls they would force the issue but they are part of the problem Too many maroon coats wearing their Lonsdale heart on their sleeve ](*,)
by Mister Footy
Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Player you are referring to making good contribution the club in general. One player doesn't win you a game
Cant see us finishing outside of SF in 2017 and having some familiar faces on the track
by Mister Footy
Fri May 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweendog you going to name those 4 sides then? Marion, MVP and Brighton already named but whose your 4th side? Anyone want to take a guess?

I reckon Marion will go, MVP wont go till they are forced out and that wont ever happen, Brighton is a toss up but why wouldnt you want to go to a comp that gives you a decent game each week

We can all sit on here and take pot shots at the SFL but I reckon it's time clubs took a stand and forced a vote to go back to full day of footy on a Saturday which was the best thing about the SFL. The SFL wont ever do anything about it without being forced because they are run mostly by Lonsdale people.

Clubs with 5 sides on Saturday
Reynella
Brighton
Flaggies
Happy Valley
Christies
Cove
Noarlunga

Clubs without 5 sides on Saturday
Porties - no 18s
MVP - no juniors
Aldinga - no 16s
Lonsdale - no juniors
Hackham - no 14s or 18s
Marion - no juniors

Anyone from Porties or Aldinga want to fill us in on whether you will be putting 5 Saturday teams on the park next year?

Keep hearing Hackam to fold next year anyone got an update on this?
by Mister Footy
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to the Happy Valley Under 18s. Been a tough year and they deserve recognition for getting to the GF. Previous games against Reynella were losses of 60 points plus both times but our boys wanted it more and were more disciplined.
They have pushed many kids up to the senior teams for most of the year due to injuries and departures. Means some players will be devastated not to have qualified and play with their mates. Tough for them but they've gained a lot in playing A and B grade. That's footy.

Would not be surprised to see a few players make the move back to Taylors Road now.

Well said F&C and Benny Peters winning 18s Mail Medal great result too :D :D :D
by Mister Footy
Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just heard that SFL legend and Happy Valley head trainer for the last 3 decades Hank Middleton has retired because he is seriously unwell. Reckon every club in the league has a player Hank has helped at when big injuries happen

Top bloke will be greatly missed around the club - raising a (light) beer for you Hank
=D> =D> =D>
by Mister Footy
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mini bus what a good question!!! Is all going well on the long boat? No I reckon the long boat could be mistaken for the Titanic but it's good to hear some of the "big boys" you mention have noticed.

If you look on their Face Book page all you get is "another great weekend of footy"

I suppose if the right teams are winning and the right players are being named in the best then it doesn't really matter if your A grade has won 2 games for the year :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not sure a Facebook page is where you would discuss your club's inner workings or critiques of players and teams. Would have thought that would be done behind closed doors and the social media just a vehicle to promote events and keep people coming to the club. I caught the last quarter of the game and it seems the A's fell short again after being very competitive for the previous 3. Is it fitness, or have they forgotten how to win? I'm a glass half full person and I love the fact that so many young fellas are getting game time, this can only be good for the future. Was also great to see Browny out there and I did notice Ryan Borowski played B's, so a good strong body to protect the younger players will help.

The best footy they play is good enough, but those 10-15 minute lapses are killing them. Sort that out and they are on track for a better result.

AFC - you don't need to post all the inner sanctum crap on the Face Book page but I reckon they need to make some sort of statement letting every one know they've noticed and are doing some thing about it.

Yeah lots of kids are getting a game but they need to get their hands on the footy or dont pick them.

Meanwhile the bloke who was the ruck last year in playing twos :shock:

Some of these young blokes look scared - may be Boz running through them at training will be a good thing :lol:
by Mister Footy
Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

King wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:Happy Valley advertising for an A Grade coach.. part of the constitution or is BC moving on??

BC moving on - reckon he wants to watch his son play at Souths
Pretty good player from what I hear

Maybe JC could return to HV to take BC's place???

=)) =)) =)) :finga:
by Mister Footy
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many blokes in the history of footy have kicked 29 goals in 15 games in the one season, which included bags of 13 and 12.
Only kicked 1 or more goals in 5 of those 15 games

26 of his 29 goals were kicked against the bottom two teams (89.7%)

Only kicked goals against finalist teams on two occasions, for a total of 3 goals.

Please save me the home work.

To be fair he generally played down back, but if the rumors of 4 figure$ in 2016 and 1/2 a K in 2017 are correct for returns of 10th and an 8th finish with no finals , you would be looking pretty hard at the bloke in charge of the footy dept asking WHY??

Reckon there are several people that are being looked at pretty hard including a member of the executive who spat the dummy at the coach when his son was dropped from the A grade. ](*,)
by Mister Footy
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |